Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif
IMG_1769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240410_145717026 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 146.
#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

We have 2 games in common, alien and JP. I also had GB.
How could you compare these games with TBL in the depth rules department? Could TBL get the potential to get equal to these games?
Thanks

Potential yes, probability more then likely no. Game is good as is and you need to accept that before buying. I am satisfied with what I purchased.

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Potential yes, probability more then likely no. Game is good as is and you need to accept that before buying. I am satisfied with what I purchased.

Thanks for your franchise.
Don’t sure to want and spend 12k€ (around 13,5k$) on probability.

#1303 3 years ago

Thanks for your franchise.
Don’t sure to want and spend 12k€ (around 13,5k$) on probability.

Might be best. What many have long accepted is that there are NO guarantees with DP or TBL. If you like the game and theme and accept that you will love it.

#1304 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Might be best. What many have long accepted is that there are NO guarantees with DP or TBL. If you like the game and theme and accept that you will love it.

As I said, never had the opportunity to play it.
I think I gonna wait and see what JJP has to offer soon.

#1305 3 years ago

You could ask Barry if he knows of any TBL located in the south of France so you might be able to play it. Spending 12K on a pin you never played is a big step, at least for me.

On the opposite, think it’s an easy sell if you don’t like it when playing. Big step is how you like the theme. This as theme integration is very well done and liking the theme thus helps a lot.

#1306 3 years ago

Joined the club. Not sure the number but it was a recently made game. Hope to have it set up later tonight. How do you tell what number it is?

55CBE692-E271-4B00-8A7B-1356FFEB774D (resized).jpeg55CBE692-E271-4B00-8A7B-1356FFEB774D (resized).jpegB55BC1FA-B436-494D-BAA1-F5AFB4BACE11 (resized).jpegB55BC1FA-B436-494D-BAA1-F5AFB4BACE11 (resized).jpegDDA39D82-F14B-408E-9474-B00E9E0EA42C (resized).jpegDDA39D82-F14B-408E-9474-B00E9E0EA42C (resized).jpeg
#1307 3 years ago

Congrats on the purchase! These still trading hands on the open market at $15000? Looks like it has mods - at least the new button mod is visible.

#1308 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You could ask Barry if he knows of any TBL located in the south of France so you might be able to play it. Spending 12K on a pin you never played is a big step, at least for me.
On the opposite, think it’s an easy sell if you don’t like it when playing. Big step is how you like the theme. This as theme integration is very well done and liking the theme thus helps a lot.

Well, as I said, gameplay and code are king for me. And as long as I don’t hate the theme like the simpsons, it doesn’t bother me to spend this money for a great game.
I like the movie, so funny. But don’t sure I would spent such money on a recent game that doesn’t have the depth rules of the recent games.

Very few French pinball fellows own this game. I may know one or 2 but way too far from me.

#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Joined the club. Not sure the number but it was a recently made game. Hope to have it set up later tonight. How do you tell what number it is?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think it’s all about the last three numbers. First batch was supposed to be a run of three PCs and think the newly built started with 301. You have 323 so you would have no 23 built for new buyers. Ofcourse the old buyers when they get their machine they get the ‘old’ serial number. So 23 doesn’t necessarily mean That it is 23 built. Could be 23 for new buyers and 2 for old buyers for instance.

#1310 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Shallow rules. If you want deep go elsewhere, code is only at .62. It's all about theme integration which is phenomenal.

Code is at 0,51. I checked it.
It has been a long time there has been no update, the last one was essentially fixing some bugs.

It lacks of communication. Regarding the story of this game, I think it is essential to communicate.

#1311 3 years ago

Code is at 0,51. I checked it.
It has been a long time there has been no update, the last one was essentially fixing some bugs.
It lacks of communication. Regarding the story of this game, I think it is essential to communicate.

Code is now at 0.52.. although I think this was to incorporate the Lighted aprons.

#1312 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Code is now at 0.52.. although I think this was to incorporate the Lighted aprons.

Correct as main reason. Contains also a minor bug fix in regard to super jackpots

#1313 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

On their own website it is 0.51!
Must be new I guess.
Is the programmer still on the track? Or does he currently work on the code?

#1314 3 years ago

Must be new I guess.

You can keep asking this kind of questions but better stop. Buy it for what it is now or just leave it, plenty of pinballs on the planet. Or jump in a plane and find one to play. DP has planned to continue programming but no guarantees. In the end also Stern doesn’t guarantee a certain level of programming.

Or just set yourself on the waiting list and check status when your number is up. More will be known than.

#1315 3 years ago

Must be new I guess.

Get on the list - if you like the movie this game is spot on and theme integration is awesome. (I have owned plenty of new Stern LEs and this one is better than most.). It has crap load of toys too.

#1316 3 years ago

Must be new I guess.

Barry mentioned to me a month ago he’s trying to get the programmer back full time but they are simply doing minor fixes at this time, planning to expand code. It’s great right now, just get one.

#1317 3 years ago

This is a first

Quite an airball

6F311E6B-4727-40E9-974A-414EC95CDDB4 (resized).jpeg6F311E6B-4727-40E9-974A-414EC95CDDB4 (resized).jpeg
#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is a first
Quite an airball
[quoted image]

Why would you not have the protector chrome rail on that apron??

#1319 3 years ago

I just want the apron!

#1320 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You can keep asking this kind of questions but better stop. Buy it for what it is now or just leave it, plenty of pinballs on the planet. Or jump in a plane and find one to play. DP has planned to continue programming but no guarantees. In the end also Stern doesn’t guarantee a certain level of programming.
Or just set yourself on the waiting list and check status when your number is up. More will be known than.

Quoted from cpr9999:

Get on the list - if you like the movie this game is spot on and theme integration is awesome. (I have owned plenty of new Stern LEs and this one is better than most.). It has crap load of toys too.

I was in the waiting list.
But I didn’t have the patience to wait for the time that has been way extended due to covid-19

Rench, i hear you, I’m not « bashing » DP, i just try to get some informations to make my decision, maybe awkwardly.
You advise me to leave this thread, what I gonna do.

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is a first
Quite an airball
[quoted image]

That will happen when you are missing the apron guard.

#1322 3 years ago

After paying the invoice with Cointaker how long before you normally receive shipping notification?

#1323 3 years ago

For me it was 18 days. Others have been longer.

#1324 3 years ago

Somebody just reminded me of the online link they setup years ago. Doesn't anyone play tbl live? Looks like only a handful.

https://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/live/

#1325 3 years ago

How do you even connect up? Is it even possible with normal code?

#1326 3 years ago

You need a special ‘Licensenumber’ to be able to hook up there.

I am running a trial for couple of months now and works fine. Think I am the only one plus the test machine at the factory.

#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You need a special ‘Licensenumber’ to be able to hook up there.
I am running a trial for couple of months now and works fine. Think I am the only one plus the test machine at the factory.

Is the plan to open this up to everyone?

#1328 3 years ago

Plans yes as far as I know, priority low however. After all it’s not essential to be able to enjoy TBL. Biggest plus for me is the game statistics, in my requirement list I put that this should also be possible to have in TBL itself.

#1329 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Plans yes as far as I know, priority low however. After all it’s not essential to be able to enjoy TBL. Biggest plus for me is the game statistics, in my requirement list I put that this should also be possible to have in TBL itself.

Favor/Plea... Rensh as you seem directly connected with DP and have provided much Honest feedback could you Try to take his temperature to see if there might be a tentative or planned point where they will reinvest in software growth? I understand money is focused on Building games just can't imagine theres not at least a discussion being considered at say XXX amount of units shipped will will budget XXX towards code continuation. Yes game is really nice but I Doubt anyone would consider .52 as a done product long term. Do hope some light could at least be shed on the subject.

#1330 3 years ago

We’ve discussed several times of contributions towards hiring the coder, that being said there would have to be a set time line. Good on Barry for doing all he’s done but his history isn’t clean.

#1331 3 years ago

My understanding is that he is simply busy at another job and Barry is trying to get him back on board.

#1332 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

My understanding is that he is simply busy at another job and Barry is trying to get him back on board.

This seems like a good game to open source with DP's lead coder maintaining control of his main-branch.

#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

We’ve discussed several times of contributions towards hiring the coder, that being said there would have to be a set time line. Good on Barry for doing all he’s done but his history isn’t clean.

Not against that but it does seem like crowd funding to finish our games might Hopefully be part of the plan the company (DP) building them again for 12.5K again Might have considered.

#1334 3 years ago

I’d contribute to crowd funding to get progress on the code.

#1335 3 years ago

Besides the code being the arbitrary 0.52 version number, what exactly does the game need? In all honesty I don't see Koen coming back unless there are bug fixes or a missing wizard mode perhaps down the road and it would be a one time update. Is there a wizard mode? Seems all the modes are fun, lighting is great, display effects are great, there is a cohesive story line and it follows the theme/movie.

#1336 3 years ago

First post!
I am a total newbie when it comes to purchasing/maintaining a home a pin as this would be my first...but I have to say TBL is by far my favorite theme ever. I wanted to buy one but I ran into financial difficulties right around the time DP did and I just barely have recovered enough to be considering a HUO purchase. Now I see cointaker is taking deposits and new TBL are getting shipped? What’s the wait like right now between deposit and build/ship date? Is this the right pin for a first purchase?

#1337 3 years ago

Do it.

#1338 3 years ago
Quoted from Kalikron:

First post!
I am a total newbie when it comes to purchasing/maintaining a home a pin as this would be my first...but I have to say TBL is by far my favorite theme ever. I wanted to buy one but I ran into financial difficulties right around the time DP did and I just barely have recovered enough to be considering a HUO purchase. Now I see cointaker is taking deposits and new TBL are getting shipped? What’s the wait like right now between deposit and build/ship date? Is this the right pin for a first purchase?

Write Melissa and ask. It would make a great first pin.

#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Besides the code being the arbitrary 0.52 version number, what exactly does the game need? In all honesty I don't see Koen coming back unless there are bug fixes or a missing wizard mode perhaps down the road and it would be a one time update. Is there a wizard mode? Seems all the modes are fun, lighting is great, display effects are great, there is a cohesive story line and it follows the theme/movie.

There’s no extra ball coded in the game, mystery is still but useless, not all the characters have modes, crazy amount of bugs in this game, overall polish. Honestly only thing I really want is a effective ball search. Like what a garbage ball search, you get the ball stuck you might as well start pulling the glass. Also with some coding he can get the flippers, and other mechs to work more consistently. It’s not a huge list but if we can get more out of the game then absolutely. I’m 100% happy as it sits but why not push for the complete project.

#1340 3 years ago

Now that is helpful. A list of bugs or features missing to finish off the game. Someone should forward to barry.

There’s no extra ball coded in the game, mystery is still but useless, not all the characters have modes, crazy amount of bugs in this game, overall polish. Honestly only thing I really want is a effective ball search. Like what a garbage ball search, you get the ball stuck you might as well start pulling the glass. Also with some coding he can get the flippers, and other mechs to work more consistently. It’s not a huge list but if we can get more out of the game then absolutely. I’m 100% happy as it sits but why not push for the complete project.

#1341 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Now that is helpful. A list of bugs or features missing to finish off the game. Someone should forward to barry.

This is already active and Barry and Koen are aware of this link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Xb9AkuhFceae9Au2YzKGtETdpg9cNBMY4FQAmSaYQs/edit

You can add stuff.

Crazy amount of bugs???? This is new for me. Pls add them to the above list.

#1342 3 years ago
Quoted from Kalikron:

What’s the wait like right now between deposit and build/ship date?

I emailed her Monday, she said the current wait is 6-8 months.

#1343 3 years ago

When I got on the list in September, I was told it could be a three year wait. No deposit taken. Apparently because of cancellations and folks wanting to drop down the list, I am supposed to get a game next month.

#1344 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

I emailed her Monday, she said the current wait is 6-8 months.

Thanks for letting me know! I appreciate it!

Quoted from Dan1733:

When I got on the list in September, I was told it could be a three year wait. No deposit taken. Apparently because of cancellations and folks wanting to drop down the list, I am supposed to get a game next month.

Wow that sounds a lot better than 3 years for sure! I bet your stoked to get your new TBL; I know I would be.

#1345 3 years ago

Great job on the speaker lights, @cpr9999! They look great!

0669A52B-BE4B-4170-9E71-E449A27D960F (resized).jpeg0669A52B-BE4B-4170-9E71-E449A27D960F (resized).jpegFE4D5003-5FF2-463B-8241-9D4B40D895C7 (resized).jpegFE4D5003-5FF2-463B-8241-9D4B40D895C7 (resized).jpeg
#1346 3 years ago

Love playing with the speaker lights...but can’t decide the best color! Thanks, cpr9999 ...they all look great and it was a super easy install.
Now all I need is one of those lighted aprons!

C70153B3-89A0-42B9-908A-174CA5F55D34.jpegC70153B3-89A0-42B9-908A-174CA5F55D34.jpeg39A9453B-6A0E-4A61-9A94-61432A087F31.jpeg39A9453B-6A0E-4A61-9A94-61432A087F31.jpeg
#1347 3 years ago

I've owned this for a few days now, great fun. The theme is so well done, I'm surprised how many songs from the movie are in here (even if some are vague covers, like "Just Dropped In..."). And as I talked about in the Lebowski pre-order thread, MY GOD is it heavy and solidly built. Nice job! The whole package is a fitting tribute to my favorite movie ever.

I've checked into this thread now and then over its lifespan and remember tuning tips here and there (like with the Rug shot), but alas there are no key posts marked that I can jump to, so I was wondering if anyone had some tuning tips. Like the flippers, my right flipper doesn't have a stop point nearly as high as the left one. I know how to adjust that on standard flipper mechs but these seem different, but I haven't really looked at them in depth yet.

Also wondering if anyone has tips with The Dude ramp. The ball flies off it quite a bit, or hits the airball protector on the way up and rattles around and comes back instead of travelling through.

In the menu, there's Switch Test, which allows you to activate a switch yourself and see if it's registering, then below that there's Solenoid Test... which does nothing as far as I can tell. I assume I should be able to fire any solenoid I want in that submenu, but I've tried every combination possible (enter button inside the coin door, launch ball, start, coin door open, coin door closed), and nada. How is this supposed to work? Also while talking about the menu, I assume opening the coin door cuts off higher voltage to the machine? It doesn't say this on the menu when opening the door. I assume it does, just want to make sure.

I have a tip for you guys if your trampoline kickback isn't working. Mine wouldn't work about 25% of the time, and I figured out that the ball can sometimes travel too close to the plastic side of the outlane and miss fully activating the bottom rollover. I cut off a little piece of two-sided Gorilla tape (but kept one side on, of course), stuck it to the bottom edge of the plastic, so far my trampoline kickback has been 100% since.

Cheers.

#1348 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I've owned this for a few days now, great fun. The theme is so well done, I'm surprised how many songs from the movie are in here (even if some are vague covers, like "Just Dropped In..."). And as I talked about in the Lebowski pre-order thread, MY GOD is it heavy and solidly built. Nice job! The whole package is a fitting tribute to my favorite movie ever.
I've checked into this thread now and then over its lifespan and remember tuning tips here and there (like with the Rug shot), but alas there are no key posts marked that I can jump to, so I was wondering if anyone had some tuning tips. Like the flippers, my right flipper doesn't have a stop point nearly as high as the left one. I know how to adjust that on standard flipper mechs but these seem different, but I haven't really looked at them in depth yet.
Also wondering if anyone has tips with The Dude ramp. The ball flies off it quite a bit, or hits the airball protector on the way up and rattles around and comes back instead of travelling through.
In the menu, there's Switch Test, which allows you to activate a switch yourself and see if it's registering, then below that there's Solenoid Test... which does nothing as far as I can tell. I assume I should be able to fire any solenoid I want in that submenu, but I've tried every combination possible (enter button inside the coin door, launch ball, start, coin door open, coin door closed), and nada. How is this supposed to work? Also while talking about the menu, I assume opening the coin door cuts off higher voltage to the machine? It doesn't say this on the menu when opening the door. I assume it does, just want to make sure.
I have a tip for you guys if your trampoline kickback isn't working. Mine wouldn't work about 25% of the time, and I figured out that the ball can sometimes travel too close to the plastic side of the outlane and miss fully activating the bottom rollover. I cut off a little piece of two-sided Gorilla tape (but kept one side on, of course), stuck it to the bottom edge of the plastic, so far my trampoline kickback has been 100% since.
Cheers.

To test coils the switch on the left of the coin door needs to be pressed in, then use controls on door to fire the coils

#1349 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

To test coils the switch on the left of the coin door needs to be pressed in, then use controls on door to fire the coils

You can also with an open coindoor pull the switch out. Than the HV will stay on without you having the push on the switch constant

#1350 3 years ago

There is also a ready detailed and helpful maintenance thread here with info on some common issues some games have had. My game arrives Tuesday and I can’t wait!!! Been waiting for this moment since late 2016!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

15,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/27?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.