735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 09 AM (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 46 AM (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 147.
#1151 4 years ago

Gutterball Topper Owners.....

Just got the topper which is awesome but where do I plug it into the machine though? Didn't see anything inside it in cabinet. I can hook it up external but want it to turn on and off with machine....

I see what appears to be an input on the right side if the power box but the adapter doesn't seem to really catch on to anything....

20200402_114812 (resized).jpg20200402_114812 (resized).jpg
#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Gutterball Topper Owners.....
Just got the topper which is awesome but where do I plug it into the machine though? Didn't see anything inside it in cabinet. I can hook it up external but want it to turn on and off with machine....
I see what appears to be an input on the right side if the power box but the adapter doesn't seem to really catch on to anything....[quoted image]

The topper is a 12v light source. I personally just tapped into the translite plug for easy removal others have done other connections.

#1153 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The topper is a 12v light source. I personally just tapped into the translite plug for easy removal others have done other connections.

This is a sound advise. There are some spare free pin’s in that connector supplying 12VDC and tapping it direct from the power supply avoids strain on other components.

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Tried to explain this back a few posts to everyone- 2 min install!
Now get Matt (Back alley creations) to make different lens (cup) for multiple machines. Hell the top 3 machines of all time use same launch button. Huge ...I say huge volume. Matt should be just making color painted lens for different machines...not a complete button. No need to cost $50 for a lens.
[quoted image]

I'd be interested in one.

Thought - These are likely going to be fragile as they'll be the furthest part sticking out from the front of the cabinet. Probably fine for home use, but shipping with these unboxed installed will be risky. Maybe this is why DP dropped this?

Quoted from cpr9999:

Or air brush something like this for Monster Bash which uses same launch button??
Or make it AFM green with saucer painted inside?

What about using translite material? Then designs could just be printed similar to the current start button design. In theory, we could customize the colors by changing out the plastic printed layer ourselves. I've done something similar with transparency film for my coin slots on other games.

#1155 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is a sound advise. There are some spare free pin’s in that connector supplying 12VDC and tapping it direct from the power supply avoids strain on other components.

Thanks guys but how do you "tap" into the power supply? Anyone have pics or instructions on what I need? Right now the plug comes with a adaptor that plugs in...

#1156 4 years ago

Barry is having prototype launch buttons redone as I type this.

DP will have them for sale in the near future

#1157 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

yeah.. that i would be interested in. i would rather barry make these mods, sell them.. make some profit to help with the situation by selling these kinds of things to people that have a game / support DP to get EA games vs all these mod companies making a buck. id also take a better floor rug from him.. mine is in tatters

#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks just reviewed the thread again and see how others did it.

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks just reviewed the thread again and see how others did it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/11#post-5290517

676B8218-C298-4265-8EEF-B7A6F50502A0 (resized).jpeg676B8218-C298-4265-8EEF-B7A6F50502A0 (resized).jpeg5A57FEDB-7A46-419E-B4D7-88E5F53629EE (resized).jpeg5A57FEDB-7A46-419E-B4D7-88E5F53629EE (resized).jpeg
#1160 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Awesome!!

#1161 4 years ago

Thanks. The wire on mine is very short though not sure how I can get it all the way down to the power supply. For now I’m rubbing off the wall...

#1162 4 years ago

Where can you get this ' gutterballs' topper?

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Where can you get this ' gutterballs' topper?

Cointaker.

#1164 4 years ago

Same here.

speaking of, I thought the topper allowed for multiple colors but mine is showing just green now. Prob the best color for it but did something change or was it always just green? On the remote in the back, it does show a color button but it doesn't do anything.

#1165 4 years ago

Hi guys, my rug all of a sudden today is not registering hits. Please help.

#1166 4 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00XQDCBQE

Hey guys,

I was tired of worrying about my rug getting stepped on and ruined (it ties the room together but also is pretty fragile) so I picked up this one on amazon (link above). I’m quite happy with it so I figured I’d share in case anybody needs a replacement. This in is :’3” x 5’.

Joe

7E26FAF8-C100-495E-A56C-FEAB4F2B358A (resized).jpeg7E26FAF8-C100-495E-A56C-FEAB4F2B358A (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Hi guys, my rug all of a sudden today is not registering hits. Please help.

Fixed it. ( I recommend to do this to keep sensitivity on the rug. ) under playfield the switch for the rug to register hits, ensure the bolts (on new games) Phillips on old games are north as far as you can go and tight.

#1168 4 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Fixed it. ( I recommend to do this to keep sensitivity on the rug. ) under playfield the switch for the rug to register hits, ensure the bolts (on new games) Phillips on old games are north as far as you can go and tight.

Yep. First thing was going to tell you is check all connections and bolts. With the exception of my flipper mech, every issue I’ve had with the game was a simple tighten this or connect that fix

#1169 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

amazon.com link »
Hey guys,
I was tired of worrying about my rug getting stepped on and ruined (it ties the room together but also is pretty fragile) so I picked up this one on amazon (link above). I’m quite happy with it so I figured I’d share in case anybody needs a replacement. This in is :’3” x 5’.
Joe[quoted image][quoted image]

Perfect replacement and for $17 I bought one even though mine is fine.

I will say that everyone who has seen my TBL - first thing they say is how cool it is that the machine is on it's own rug. Thanks for the link!

#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Same here.
speaking of, I thought the topper allowed for multiple colors but mine is showing just green now. Prob the best color for it but did something change or was it always just green? On the remote in the back, it does show a color button but it doesn't do anything.

Mine has always been green, can't seem to adjust it. But it looks great, so I didn't look further.

#1171 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Perfect replacement and for $17 I bought one even though mine is fine.
I will say that everyone who has seen my TBL - first thing they say is how cool it is that the machine is on it's own rug. Thanks for the link!

I agree. People are always quick to notice the rug too. I just cringe a little every time somebody stands on mine, even though I make them take off their shoes I’m just always paranoid about it getting dirty.

Now that I have this one, I though about displaying the rug on the wall but think I’ll just keep it out away for now and bust it out for special occasions (I’ve had a watch party every March for the last 8 years years to commemorate BL’s release). Lots of White Russians and finally pinball this year!

#1172 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

I agree. People are always quick to notice the rug too. I just cringe a little every time somebody stands on mine, even though I make them take off their shoes I’m just always paranoid about it getting dirty.
Now that I have this one, I though about displaying the rug on the wall but think I’ll just keep it out away for now and bust it out for special occasions (I’ve had a watch party every March for the last 8 years years to commemorate BL’s release). Lots of White Russians and finally pinball this year!

I got a rug from Home Depot for $25 bucks left the original rolled up
When I build my new game room
On hold from the (FCV) I plan on hanging it on the wall

#1173 4 years ago

Being in intelligent lock down gives time to practice and improve my GC score

#1174 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Being in intelligent lock down gives time to practice and improve my GC score

5A7B8894-B4C8-455B-AE43-4EFDFF42CEB1 (resized).png5A7B8894-B4C8-455B-AE43-4EFDFF42CEB1 (resized).png
#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

[quoted image]

Video blocked for copyright... Whew, close one. Just imagine the possible lost revenues to UMPG publishing from that video.

#1176 4 years ago

That’s a pitty and I can’t help it I am afraid . I did get some copyright warnings but it was said it would still be published just with some add’s. As I have published TBL gameplay befor without issues I didn’t think much of it. In my country I still can see it.

700C4F01-59BF-4E6F-8428-C409C20BCD64 (resized).jpeg700C4F01-59BF-4E6F-8428-C409C20BCD64 (resized).jpeg

#1177 4 years ago

Nice Rensh! Thx
You had some nice saves and shots.

#1178 4 years ago

we can see it here in Canada. Congrats on an amazing score Rensh!

#1179 4 years ago

I've got a strange one. I updated to 0.51 software before Christmas 2019 and then my hard drive crashed a couple of days later. I got a new hard drive from Barry with the 0.51 software pre loaded and installed it in January, 2020.

Today I went to check how many games I had put on the game and I can't find the number of games played anywhere. I checked in the Audits Menu under Game Audits and there's nothing there. Under the Game Audits there was only:
- Left Drain
- Right Drain
- Center Drain
- Rug Hits
- Car Hits

I checked every other menu and every sub menu and nothing. There is nothing that shows the number of games played.

Anyone else have this on their game? Am I looking in the wrong spot?

QSS

#1180 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

That’s a pitty and I can’t help it I am afraid . I did get some copyright warnings but it was said it would still be published just with some add’s. As I have published TBL gameplay befor without issues I didn’t think much of it. In my country I still can see it.
[quoted image]

The problem apparently is the cover of Hotel California. I have now on YouTube chosen to have the sound muted when this song is played which is roughly approx 5 minutes of the total video. Hope the ban is now lifted soon. It’s not processing this so can take some time. Hope it will be visible to the US tomorrow.

#1181 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I've got a strange one. I updated to 0.51 software before Christmas 2019 and then my hard drive crashed a couple of days later. I got a new hard drive from Barry with the 0.51 software pre loaded and installed it in January, 2020.
Today I went to check how many games I had put on the game and I can't find the number of games played anywhere. I checked in the Audits Menu under Game Audits and there's nothing there. Under the Game Audits there was only:
- Left Drain
- Right Drain
- Center Drain
- Rug Hits
- Car Hits
I checked every other menu and every sub menu and nothing. There is nothing that shows the number of games played.
Anyone else have this on their game? Am I looking in the wrong spot?
QSS

I checked and see the same.

I know its recorded somewhere as I am running a Beta release of the internetconnection and there its shwon. See https://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/live/0ac244ce74bc

I have put it in my bug-wish list seen at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Xb9AkuhFceae9Au2YzKGtETdpg9cNBMY4FQAmSaYQs/edit#gid=891834841

#1182 4 years ago

Questions for any TBL owner - how have your rug and bowling alley mechs held up? Also, is your game working completely?

I was listening to bro do you even talk pinball episode with Stephen Silver and he talks through many of the modes on Heist. Wow a lot of variety and goals. That got me thinking about whether I would be tempted to buy it over Lebowski and save a couple of grand. Of course Heist is nowhere near as sexy but maybe it is more functional. Finally, what do you think about Heist vs TBL?

#1183 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Questions for any TBL owner - how have your rug and bowling alley mechs held up? Also, is your game working completely?
I was listening to bro do you even talk pinball episode with Stephen Silver and he talks through many of the modes on Heist. Wow a lot of variety and goals. That got me thinking about whether I would be tempted to buy it over Lebowski and save a couple of grand. Of course Heist is nowhere near as sexy but maybe it is more functional. Finally, what do you think about Heist vs TBL?

Have no experience with Heist (think no one has?) but can confirm everything worked Upon arrival (besides the usual tweaking most NIBs go through) and still works. With only 200 plays this is also expected I guess.

#1184 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

[quoted image]

Seems like your car isnt registering every hit.

#1185 4 years ago

Everything works on my end. Bought a backup rug part just in case though.

Heist looks cool but it's a whole other platform in which every game I've played on it is not enjoyable. Heist is def moving it in the right direction though.

#1186 4 years ago

Putting aside nobody has experience playing Heist, I just listened to someone describing their game and he made it sound pretty exciting for 30 minutes. The code sounds pretty deep and there is a lot of coordination of lighting, sounds and video. Sounded well thought through, designed and executed.

Given all that, questions about TBL:

How excited are you about current code?

% odds the code reaches your nirvana?

#1187 4 years ago

Putting aside nobody has experience playing Heist, I just listened to someone describing their game and he made it sound pretty exciting for 30 minutes. The code sounds pretty deep and there is a lot of coordination of lighting, sounds and video. Sounded well thought through, designed and executed.

On version 0.51 and I see 0.52 is being tested. Also bugs and wishlist above. Additionally the programmer Koen has been great about updates.

All that said ...for me...everything is good code wise and continues to move in great direction.

#1188 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

On version 0.51 and I see 0.52 is being tested. Also bugs and wishlist above. Additionally the programmer Koen has been great about updates.
All that said ...for me...everything is good code wise and continues to move in great direction.

Is there an ETA on .52?

#1189 4 years ago

You will for sure want to play some game on that platform before you invest in it. The physics, look and feel are different, as is the gameplay.

#1190 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

You will for sure want to play some game on that platform before you invest in it. The physics, look and feel are different, as is the gameplay.

It’s a ball on a wood playfield??

EverY game has its unique flow & physics for me.

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Is there an ETA on .52?

That is a question for Rensh

#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Is there an ETA on .52?

More so, I wish This was a question asked during that interview article. I realize some bug fixes etc will more then likely be done but at .52 for code there is SOOO much more this game could be. The question is in building and selling these New Buyer games Will funds be set aside to get the code more complete using more of the assets on hand? Do love the game and understand if only 50 were to be done nobody would expect it but as the Plan now seems to be fresh money and possibly hundreds I would Hope some funds are being allocated to complete these expensive sales.

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

More so, I wish This was a question asked during that interview article. I realize some bug fixes etc will more then likely be done but at .52 for code there is SOOO much more this game could be. The question is in building and selling these New Buyer games Will funds be set aside to get the code more complete using more of the assets on hand? Do love the game and understand if only 50 were to be done nobody would expect it but as the Plan now seems to be fresh money and possibly hundreds I would Hope some funds are being allocated to complete these expensive sales.

FYI Rensh is running beta code 0.52.

Fixes can be seen here so far:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Xb9AkuhFceae9Au2YzKGtETdpg9cNBMY4FQAmSaYQs/edit#gid=891834841

16FBEF2B-4D51-4628-B5D0-1AAB98AAACFB (resized).jpeg16FBEF2B-4D51-4628-B5D0-1AAB98AAACFB (resized).jpeg
#1194 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Everything works on my end. Bought a backup rug part just in case though.
Heist looks cool but it's a whole other platform in which every game I've played on it is not enjoyable. Heist is def moving it in the right direction though.

I've had a few minor issues (bad switch, noisy audio board, and bad opto in lower playfield).
If it were easy/fast to get repair parts, the situation would be less annoying. And the bad opto kinda breaks the game unfortunately.
Am hoping to receive a care package from Barry soon.

That said, I think the QA on my game was fairly good and my issues would've been harder to catch and may have been impacted by shipping. My JJP POTC was in worse NIB shape.

#1195 4 years ago

I realize that. My question wasn’t about bugs and polish. It was about Any the possibility of added Content. Say going from .52 to someday being 1.0. A dream yes but as it Is a production game again one would Hope the entire game might get finished for 12.5k. Hope anyway.. lol

#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I realize that. My question wasn’t about bugs and polish. It was about Any the possibility of added Content. Say going from .52 to someday being 1.0. A dream yes but as it Is a production game again one would Hope the entire game might get finished for 12.5k. Hope anyway.. lol

Me 2. Will see if DP holds to the end of the 2020 year to go to code v1.0. I remember hearing that somewhere??

#1197 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Me 2. Will see if DP holds to the end of the 2020 year to go to code v1.0. I remember hearing that somewhere??

Specifically, I'd just like the experience built-out a bit more with less repetition, more side-characters, specific character modes, a few mini wizard modes and the final wizard mode. As-is, the game is amazing and the current code is fun, easy to understand, and well designed. But the game would really benefit from 'more' stuff and depth.

#1198 4 years ago

I just noticed this - missing a couple of screws or was this a change? See yellow arrows.

If someone can check - much appreciated.

B396EE01-9764-455C-82AC-20AA53A63CD7 (resized).jpegB396EE01-9764-455C-82AC-20AA53A63CD7 (resized).jpeg
#1199 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I just noticed this - missing a couple of screws or was this a change? See yellow arrows.

If someone can check - much appreciated.

Mine is slightly different. Achiever #23

20200413_001829 (resized).jpg20200413_001829 (resized).jpg20200413_002147 (resized).jpg20200413_002147 (resized).jpg
#1200 4 years ago
Quoted from r6emperor:

Mine is slightly different. Achiever #23[quoted image][quoted image]

What happened - why so rusty?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.