Topic Stats

• 1,139 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Rensh
  • Topic is favorited by 68 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 332 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6B097A9E-E312-4C2B-98D8-6704337E1A00 (resized).jpeg
2D82C622-0401-40F9-AC7E-F6BE873FE38B (resized).jpeg
5ADBDF87-AB7D-4D61-A97C-955554DA85F8 (resized).jpeg
286129FF-BA0D-44F3-B3C1-B68035DB5736 (resized).jpeg
9551A906-30A4-4E01-B1D3-B84B08072A8B (resized).jpeg
9571905D-DCD7-4832-B6ED-EF2F14122AC9 (resized).jpeg
35B14512-3B05-496A-A771-496AB5E36451 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
FAA32912-49A5-4D15-B590-0AE1AEB84A3D (resized).jpeg
d (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200324-084926_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
5DDBEBE9-51A9-4DE9-9ED3-563336FC6FE7 (resized).jpeg
0177DB6F-AF86-4480-A203-5544782ECBA1 (resized).jpeg
7E1F30BB-A85B-43CD-98CA-3CE3B4E79AB3 (resized).jpeg
C0F8684E-8E96-4BE2-9795-5F4FA35E962F (resized).png
6564F682-3755-4C67-8B3B-30246D253F5F (resized).png

There are 1139 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 23.
#1101 6 days ago
Quoted from LT4play:

You can order a spare rug assembly at Cointaker.
https://cointaker.com/products/tbl-rug-assembly

that's a little extreme if you just want a new rolling pin decal if i recall, its not quite a decal but a spongy material (like dead foam)? maybe imagining

#1102 6 days ago
Quoted from LT4play:

Thanks, saw that. Seems overkill if all ya need is the decal.

#1103 6 days ago
Quoted from LT4play:

Or ask Barry if you just want the decal.
I think he sells for $8 euro.

#1104 6 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I understand. You saying people would want a Bowling ball shooter for MM or similar? Why

No no.

Instead of creating a complete button just make a clear 1/2 sphere (ball) plastic lenses that replaces the yellow one in the picture.

Then airbrush the 1/2 ball clear lense to game needs. Spray Lebowski bowling ball colors. Medieval madness maybe white lighting.

Sell the lenses only. Buyer has to take push button off of machine and replace lens only. This is like a 5 min job.

The new 1/2 ball physically operates same way. Reduce cost, sell a shit load.

If needed replace yellow lens and white interface part and make as one. Another option.
FAA32912-49A5-4D15-B590-0AE1AEB84A3D (resized).jpeg

#1105 6 days ago

So biggest surprise thus far with this game is the amount to do in it. I came in thinking it's not really finished but still fun but b/w the rug modes, shooting up top for car modes, shooting down below with bowling modes and the other random stuff (targets for that additional MB), the two other MBs already in it, etc - there is really a good amount all considering. It's no JJP but scratches that W/B itch (a great shooter for sure that has enough in it). I'm not very good but I'm not even coming close to getting everything for the dude abides.

#1106 6 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I understand. You saying people would want a Bowling ball shooter for MM or similar? Why

Could probably alter the same mod to make it look like a cannon ball for MM.

#1107 6 days ago

for posterity here was when the old launch button was advertised, prior to having it removed due to durability concerns
pasted_image (resized).png
ahh.. the good old days

#1108 6 days ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

for posterity here was when the old launch button was advertised, prior to having it removed due to durability concerns
[quoted image]
ahh.. the good old days

Thats the one I would like in that color. Would beg to add three finger holes just for true theme detail. Totally understand if he stays away from adding "Brunswick" labeling as that may create issues.

#1109 5 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thats the one I would like in that color. Would beg to add three finger holes just for true theme detail. Totally understand if he stays away from adding "Brunswick" labeling as that may create issues.

Agreed! I’ll try to get this as an option!

#1110 5 days ago

Other Ideas: one like the Skull Ball from Mystery Men or the Rose from Kingpin.

I know cross movie but cool nonetheless.

#1111 5 days ago
Quoted from budroosker:

Other Ideas: one like the Skull Ball from Mystery Men or the Rose from Kingpin.
I know cross movie but cool nonetheless.

The beauty of this mod, which is what CPR was saying, is really once the mod is made, he can alter it for whatever game uses the same button. A half sphere doesn’t have to be a bowling ball. The skull would look cool on monsterbash, or could do something to fit R&M, or AFM, the possibilities are endless.

#1112 5 days ago
Quoted from adamross:

Can anyone recommend how to acquire a new carpet decal? Mine is starting to look pretty beat up.

Barry has them.

#1113 5 days ago

Lebowski I did in a finish that looks like old school bowling balls and cheap floors I call it mega sparkle. Hit me up if you’d want yours done

286129FF-BA0D-44F3-B3C1-B68035DB5736 (resized).jpeg2D82C622-0401-40F9-AC7E-F6BE873FE38B (resized).jpeg35B14512-3B05-496A-A771-496AB5E36451 (resized).jpeg5ADBDF87-AB7D-4D61-A97C-955554DA85F8 (resized).jpeg6B097A9E-E312-4C2B-98D8-6704337E1A00 (resized).jpeg9551A906-30A4-4E01-B1D3-B84B08072A8B (resized).jpeg9571905D-DCD7-4832-B6ED-EF2F14122AC9 (resized).jpeg
#1114 5 days ago

That looks AMAZING. Gotta ask tho, why the orange leg protectors, didn't yours come with the leg distancers? Or do we not "trust" those?

#1115 5 days ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

That looks AMAZING. Gotta ask tho, why the orange leg protectors, didn't yours come with the leg distancers? Or do we not "trust" those?

Not my game. I personally wouldn’t recommend leg protectors on this game

#1116 4 days ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Lebowski I did in a finish that looks like old school bowling balls and cheap floors I call it mega sparkle. Hit me up if you’d want yours done[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Forgive my ignorance but what does something like that normally cost to have done?

Thanks,
Jeff

#1117 4 days ago

Hi,
If I want to buy a TBL, does it matter if it is EA game or new one?
Are there known issues with early production?
Thanks

#1118 4 days ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
Thanks

I'd get a "new" EA game with the apron upgrade, if that is an option for you. My game was early enough that the top of the bowling alley shorted a mosfet to my scoop solenoid and I had to replace it(this was fixed on later games). The motherboard had a faulty usb connection, which Barry helped me sort out. The screws seem a bit loose for the targets and some solenoids, which have required adjusting. Seems to me that the new games are a better bet, after all they are new. But if you get an "old" EA game, perhaps you can get that apron upgrade anyhow.

#1119 4 days ago
Quoted from LT4play:

$550?

#1120 4 days ago
Quoted from dts:

I'd get a "new" EA game with the apron upgrade, if that is an option for you. My game was early enough that the top of the bowling alley shorted a mosfet to my scoop solenoid and I had to replace it(this was fixed on later games). The motherboard had a faulty usb connection, which Barry helped me sort out. The screws seem a bit loose for the targets and some solenoids, which have required adjusting. Seems to me that the new games are a better bet, after all they are new. But if you get an "old" EA game, perhaps you can get that apron upgrade anyhow.

Buddy,
I think you are right. I don’t have any issue with my Alien that was built in the last batch
Are the new games built in China (as it was planned) or Dutch?
Thanks

#1121 4 days ago

Hi,
Thanks

In principal it are the same units. There will be some small modifications compared to the very early ones but nothing major I think.

It all comes down to pricing and how fast you want it. Buying an used machine may have some issue but should offer better pricing as new and fast availability.

#1122 4 days ago

Buddy,
I think you are right. I don’t have any issue with my Alien that was built in the last batch
Are the new games built in China (as it was planned) or Dutch?
Thanks

Built in Roermond NL

#1123 4 days ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

If you guys all wanted something like this, I could likely get them fabricated. I work on alot of projects with Matt from Back Alley Creations. Let me know, as we would need to know how many wanted these to determine price per unit and such...

I´d be interested, too

#1124 4 days ago

So this game easily has the best lower playfield in pinball. Not even close. It not only looks great but it's actually fun to play. Before owning this game I always said lower PFs were a waste and all terrible. This game has changed my mind. It doesn't feel like a break up of flow b/c it's actually fun to play. The fact it has a upper too that also is fun (I love looping anything in pinball) really makes this game stand out.

TBL is like MM with a much cooler theme with the best lower and a fantastic upper. It's just a shame it's so expensive that the majority won't see or play on location. I feel the same way about Alien. Crazy how two of my fav games comes from small shops both with troubled paths yet were able to achieve something we all want from the big boys.

#1125 3 days ago
Quoted from dts:

Can I ask a question regarding price?
Do you consider EA games and new NIB on the same value scale?
Thanks

#1126 3 days ago

Can I ask a question regarding price?
Do you consider EA games and new NIB on the same value scale?
Thanks

At this point they are basically the exact same game. NIB however would sway the value as nothing have been modified or damaged. Both are a good buy if your interested in the (awesome) theme but they are equal by comparison.

#1127 3 days ago

Anyone know how to clear a system program problem detected error? First time it’s popped up. Thanks for the assistance.

#1128 3 days ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone know how to clear a system program problem detected error? First time it’s popped up. Thanks for the assistance.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/2#post-5209604

Post 77

#1130 3 days ago

Happy to help. Been trying to make sure I know how to handle all the little quirks if and when I get mine.

#1131 3 days ago

Took out a Pinside Ad: pictures, etc

Mod - For Sale
New “I am selling a number of mods for TBL. 1. Doobie (Joint) Mod: $35 2. Decal stickers: $40 3. Left ramp clip: $15 4. Spare backup harddrive: $100 5. Spare Audio circuit boa...”
11 days ago
Saukville, WI

CURRENT STOCK
(Been selling these pretty regularly. Of course stock will be replenished based on demand).

**Doobie: 3 in stock
**Decal sticker sheets: 0 in stock
**Ramp clip: 3 in stock
**Backup harddrives: 3 in stock
**Spare audio cards: 0 in stock

#1132 3 days ago

Mark it zero - I could be crazy but after I get that once, the next times I light it up - sometimes the insert stops blinking by itself and I'm back collecting again. Does the game auto collect? Anyone notice this?

#1133 2 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Mark it zero - I could be crazy but after I get that once, the next times I light it up - sometimes the insert stops blinking by itself and I'm back collecting again. Does the game auto collect? Anyone notice this?

It is a timed shot like a hurry up. The timer is on the display.

#1134 2 days ago
Quoted from Mitch:

It is a timed shot like a hurry up. The timer is on the display.

Ooooh....nice didn’t know thanks

#1135 2 days ago

Can someone remind me how to cancel out the character multi ball when you hit it by accident or just to collect the Mark it Zero?

#1136 2 days ago

If mark it zero is lit when you start by accident character multiball you can abort it with the ball launch button. This is shown right bottom corner lcd display.

#1137 2 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

If mark it zero is lit when you start by accident character multiball you can abort it with the ball launch button. This is shown right bottom corner lcd display.

I will say sometimes it will not let you cancel character multiball does anyone know why?

#1138 2 days ago

I will say sometimes it will not let you cancel character multiball does anyone know why?

If Mark it Zero is lit, you are suggesting there might be a bug?

#1139 2 days ago

I have never had it not cancelling if mark it zero was lit. Are you sure it was lit and did you see the short message on this at the right bottom corner of the display?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
28,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Budapest
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
€ 3.70
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 43.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.95
There are 1139 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside