IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif
IMG_1769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240410_145717026 (resized).jpg
Install knocker.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1725 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,267 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 146.
#1051 4 years ago

For those experiencing a weak upper flipper for the Mini playfield I have the following message.

DP discovered that an error has been made with wiring the flippercoil of the MPF with several TBLs, especially those made 2019 and earlier. This causes that the Hold and Power part of the coil have been switched causing a weak flipper. Talked this over with Barry and he knows I am posting the fix here.

Mine had this to and as desoldering and resoldering a wire on the coil is easier for me as mounting a new connector (error was made on the connector) so I solved it via soldering. So DO NOT look at the color of the wires but to the POSITION of the wires.

As you can see in attached pictures the connector is DR18 and is positioned close to the stepper motor.

So:
1) the most left wire on the connector (white in this case) goes to the total right on the coil
2) the middle wire on the connector (purple in this case) goes to the total left on the coil
3) the right wire on the connector (orange in this case) goes to the middle of the coil.

Again, DO NOT look at the color of the wire as this can be different with you, purely to the position of the wire on the connector versus the position of the wire on the coil !!

This makes shooting the ramp much easier

IMG-3637.JPGIMG-3637.JPGIMG-3638.JPGIMG-3638.JPG
#1052 4 years ago

My PF is 7 I think. Maybe 6.8

#1053 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

when you shoot the left orbit, should the ball return to the left or right flipper?

Tip of the right flipper with me

#1054 4 years ago

Hey Rensh, do you have a pic of the original ball launcher?

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Hey Rensh, do you have a pic of the original ball launcher?

This was a rendering picture.

EB888872-047D-4BF8-ABA2-06FE9B2369A3 (resized).pngEB888872-047D-4BF8-ABA2-06FE9B2369A3 (resized).png
#1056 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

This was a rendering picture.[quoted image]

You da man.

#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

For those experiencing a weak upper flipper for the Mini playfield I have the following message.
DP discovered that an error has been made with wiring the flippercoil of the MPF with several TBLs, especially those made 2019 and earlier. This causes that the Hold and Power part of the coil have been switched causing a weak flipper. Talked this over with Barry and he knows I am posting the fix here.
Mine had this to and as desoldering and resoldering a wire on the coil is easier for me as mounting a new connector (error was made on the connector) so I solved it via soldering. So DO NOT look at the color of the wires but to the POSITION of the wires.
As you can see in attached pictures the connector is DR18 and is positioned close to the stepper motor.
So:
1) the most left wire on the connector (white in this case) goes to the total right on the coil
2) the middle wire on the connector (purple in this case) goes to the total left on the coil
3) the right wire on the connector (orange in this case) goes to the middle of the coil.
Again, DO NOT look at the color of the wire as this can be different with you, purely to the position of the wire on the connector versus the position of the wire on the coil !!
This makes shooting the ramp much easier [quoted image][quoted image]

Assuming you are showing the correction already done to your game?

Rensh I remember some people complaining of weak flippers on main playfield. Can you comment on how these should be wired?

Thx

#1058 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So:

Can you post the before and after pics you re soldered?

Thanks

#1059 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

This was a rendering picture.[quoted image]

If you guys all wanted something like this, I could likely get them fabricated. I work on alot of projects with Matt from Back Alley Creations. Let me know, as we would need to know how many wanted these to determine price per unit and such...

#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

What's your playfeild angle.

#1061 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

If you guys all wanted something like this, I could likely get them fabricated. I work on alot of projects with Matt from Back Alley Creations. Let me know, as we would need to know how many wanted these to determine price per unit and such...

I'm in

#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So:

That sounds like a simple fix. But maybe someone can fabricate a simple dongle to correct the wiring mismatch. I’m handy with a soldering iron, but would gladly pay for a plug-n-play option.

#1063 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Count me in!

#1064 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I'm in!

#1065 4 years ago

Whatever happened to the aprons? Any news? Follow-up?

#1066 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I am in.

Not sure if there was a prototype on an early game to copy?

#1067 4 years ago

Looks like I have gotten a decent response pretty quickly on a custom bowling ball launch button. I already spoke with Matt and he wanted me to go ahead and find out some answers to a few questions first:

1. Would everyone want the same color ball or would you guys want a few options?

2. Would everyone think a price point of around $50 would be too much since it is a smaller run on an item like this? At this price it would actually include a plug and play whole new button assembly. Everyone knows Matt's work is top notch, but he never wants to be seen as charging too much for his mods. He really wants everyone to have them. However, sometimes a smaller run product needs to cost a bit more due to volume not giving the total return that it needs to.

#1068 4 years ago

Also,

I am in the process of building a house right now, so don't have access to any games at the moment..they are all in storage. Can someone text me a pic of the inside the cabinet area of the launch button so we can verify the type and style of button TBL uses? Text to 318-840-4479. We can likely get this mod in the works really quickly

#1069 4 years ago

On the price point...just everyone give me their thoughts and I will convey them to Matt to see what we can do!

#1070 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Looks like I have gotten a decent response pretty quickly on a custom bowling ball launch button. I already spoke with Matt and he wanted me to go ahead and find out some answers to a few questions first:
1. Would everyone want the same color ball or would you guys want a few options?
2. Would everyone think a price point of around $50 would be too much since it is a smaller run on an item like this? At this price it would actually include a plug and play whole new button assembly. Everyone knows Matt's work is top notch, but he never wants to be seen as charging too much for his mods. He really wants everyone to have them. However, sometimes a smaller run product needs to cost a bit more due to volume not giving the total return that it needs to.

Cost is fair and good. I’m good with different color options or all the same. Any quality mod is a welcome mod

#1071 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

On the price point...just everyone give me their thoughts and I will convey them to Matt to see what we can do!

I am good.
Don’t know what other games use this launch button but maybe that could help on volume?

Here is pictures of it implemented- don’t have access to this machine just pictures.

6564F682-3755-4C67-8B3B-30246D253F5F (resized).png6564F682-3755-4C67-8B3B-30246D253F5F (resized).png8F3D4D93-D3CC-4AA7-AB00-F14B216E97B3 (resized).png8F3D4D93-D3CC-4AA7-AB00-F14B216E97B3 (resized).png
#1072 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Here are a few more thoughts. Not sure if they help - but I happen to have my button apart currently.

So you can see parts that make it up. Ask Matt can he just make an outer plastic round 1/2 ball lens in different colors? That way people could just pop in the new lens or go back to the original and keep cost down. From pictures that looks like what DP did. Of course he can airbrush inside of lens to make it really cool.

Now where it gets more interesting is if he did the 1/2 ball in other colors this button (which I believe is used on number of games) would pump up the volume. Of course he would need to compile a list of all those games.

One example (someone who owns a Lebowski and Medieval can verify this) is to make the 1/2 ball in White or another color to go into this Medieval button. Hell light it up. Probably look cool.

Another game is Attack from Mars I think used same the same button. Also Monster Bash.

Again volumes could be really high.
7E1F30BB-A85B-43CD-98CA-3CE3B4E79AB3 (resized).jpeg7E1F30BB-A85B-43CD-98CA-3CE3B4E79AB3 (resized).jpegC0F8684E-8E96-4BE2-9795-5F4FA35E962F (resized).pngC0F8684E-8E96-4BE2-9795-5F4FA35E962F (resized).png

#1073 4 years ago

Price point is OK. I’d like a couple color choices and not just a solid ball. Maybe a marble glow finish. Maybe “Brunswick” or something similar inscribed on the ball. A purple Jesus ball maybe?

#1074 4 years ago

Great ideas guys and thanks for the insight. I'll get with Matt tomorrow and give him the feedback! We will be on it asap!

#1075 4 years ago

I think the price point is fair...obviously more choices is always better, but I wouldn’t complain with only having one mod option

#1076 4 years ago

In regard to the questions in regard to the weaker upper flipper as follows:

1) my pictures are AFTER the fix
2) unfortunately didn’t make pictures prior to the fix
3) error was only found with the upper flipper. If somebody has weak bottom flippers cause is likely to be something different. Pls do note that there is a strength setting in the menu.

So just compare the connections and swap them at the coil via soldering. Easy job which should take you less than 5 minutes. That is, if you have a soldering Iron

Hope that answers all questions.

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

Whatever happened to the aprons? Any news? Follow-up?

Aprons are waiting on the PCB which comes from China and is delayed because of the Corona virus. Metal itself is finished, just the electronics is the delayed part.

#1078 4 years ago

Anyone else have issues with the upper pf red switches bouncing?
My game always seemed to have car mode ready...

This is what I'm referring to...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H7-NNuMzXOgbLojz-epX8koSpKECwoUq

I'm trying to 'adjust' both of the leaf switches but they aren't very easy to access...

#1079 4 years ago

It sounds like the switch gap is to small.

You need to remove the roof in order to access the switch.

It isn’t easy but not to difficult to. You can use a pincet or a plier with a very long ‘nose’. For adjusting switch blades I always use tools like can be seen at https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-SWK

#1080 4 years ago

I'd be in for a bowling ball launch button.

#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In regard to the questions in regard to the weaker upper flipper as follows:
1) my pictures are AFTER the fix
2) unfortunately didn’t make pictures prior to the fix
3) error was only found with the upper flipper. If somebody has weak bottom flippers cause is likely to be something different. Pls do note that there is a strength setting in the menu.
So just compare the connections and swap them at the coil via soldering. Easy job which should take you less than 5 minutes. That is, if you have a soldering Iron
Hope that answers all questions.

Here’s my before. Does it qualify and if so which ones on the coil do I switch?

0177DB6F-AF86-4480-A203-5544782ECBA1 (resized).jpeg0177DB6F-AF86-4480-A203-5544782ECBA1 (resized).jpeg5DDBEBE9-51A9-4DE9-9ED3-563336FC6FE7 (resized).jpeg5DDBEBE9-51A9-4DE9-9ED3-563336FC6FE7 (resized).jpeg
#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Here’s my before. Does it qualify and if so which ones on the coil do I switch?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yours looks wrong. Looks like the right wire on the connector goes to the middle coil etc

Screenshot_20200324-084926_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200324-084926_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1083 4 years ago

I’d be in. It would be cool to offer a package deal of “balls” for the Dude, Walter, Donnie and Jesus.

#1084 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Here’s my before. Does it qualify and if so which ones on the coil do I switch?[quoted image][quoted image]

So yours does qualify. You have the same colors In same order as mine on the connector. Just have a look at the picture of my coil which means From left to right : purple orange white. So no wire remains at same spot, all remove them and resolver them in same order as my picture shows.

#1085 4 years ago

I would be in for a button as well, like the idea of the DeJesus color too.

d (resized).jpgd (resized).jpg
#1086 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I would be in for a button as well, like the idea of the DeJesus color too.[quoted image]

A few people have said that they would like an option of this color so I'm sure we can make that happen

#1087 4 years ago

In for a new launch button as well.

#1088 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

A few people have said that they would like an option of this color so I'm sure we can make that happen

I still say we need a "Shomer F#ckin' Shabbos Ball Pack" with balls for the three mains plus jesus.

#1089 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Let Matt know this button is used on a lot of high run machines.

Just customize color, pattern to machine theme.

#1090 4 years ago

It would be cool if the mod worked like a track ball so you can spin it as it would give you much more of a bowling ball feel (if possible).

So if you push forward on it, the ball would roll inwards....

#1091 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It would be cool if the mod worked like a track ball so you can spin it as it would give you much more of a bowling ball feel (if possible).
So if you push forward on it, the ball would roll inwards....

would require cutting a huge hole in the cabnet

#1092 4 years ago

In for the ball launch mod.

#1093 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

would require cutting a huge hole in the cabnet

If it were me, this button is used on multiple games, take advantage of the volume for sales!

#1094 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If it were me, this button is used on multiple games, take advantage of the volume for sales!

Not sure I understand. You saying people would want a Bowling ball shooter for MM or similar? Why

#1095 4 years ago

So I’ve been tinkering with the display on the game and found an option that for me, made the colors much more vibrant.

Remove the translite and below you will see buttons on the top of the display. I believe the 2nd button to the left is menu - press the button next to that to move cursor right until RGB color option. Press the menu button again and move cursor over to the right (believe it’s 6400 option) and press menu. You should see the colors change. FYI

#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

The button I agree, but the recommendation of a track ball style ball, who would want to cut a big hole in the cabinet to make it fit?

#1097 4 years ago

This mod will not require cutting a hole in the cab...we will utilize the button size existing to start with and work from it.

#1098 4 years ago

Can anyone recommend how to acquire a new carpet decal? Mine is starting to look pretty beat up.

#1099 4 years ago

i wrapped mine with clear packing tape(almost perfect width) on day one cause it wanted to unstick from the roller. still looks pretty good now.

that's never been something on the parts sales afaik , maybe once they have to reorder there will be extra. but couldn't hurt to ask.

#1100 4 years ago

You can order a spare rug assembly at Cointaker.

https://cointaker.com/products/tbl-rug-assembly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,267 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.