flipper position (1) (resized).jpeg
flipper position (2) (resized).jpeg
flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 146.
#951 4 years ago

As somewhat related to the Dude. I want to go on record and warn anyone considering watching the new "The Jesus Rolls" movie that it flat out Sucked! A 100% money grab to any fan of Lebowski. Just a Horrible movie start to finish!!!!! You've been Warned. lol

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As somewhat related to the Dude. I want to go on record and warn anyone considering watching the new "The Jesus Rolls" movie that it flat out Sucked! A 100% money grab to any fan of Lebowski. Just a Horrible movie start to finish!!!!! You've been Warned. lol

Kind of a dumb idea to begin with. Only 28% on RT

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Kind of a dumb idea to begin with. Only 28% on RT

Yeah but any title with a huge cult following will draw cash. This movie was just Painful!!

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not surprised based on the trailer. It looks awful.

#955 4 years ago

Damned. Jesus is my hero and was looking forward to go watch the movie but apparently waste of time

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Damned. Jesus is my hero and was looking forward to go watch the movie but apparently waste of time

I will Rarely judge a movie as I can enjoy most any title but this one......No plot, no story, no funny lines, no ending. Almost seemed like they made up the dialog as they went along. As this was clearly sold as a Lebowski spin off they Really had no interest other then to take your money on this. Keep the $7 rental I just want my 2 hours of life back! lol

#957 4 years ago

Anyone know who manufacturers Lebowski playfield?

#958 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Mirco I believe

#959 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Why do you ask? Are you having issues? Looking for a spare?

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Why do you ask? Are you having issues? Looking for a spare?

I wanted to buy a spare set but so expensive.

#961 4 years ago

Melissa has a few spare parts for TBL. Including playfield set:

https://cointaker.com/products/the-big-lebowski-playfield-set-3-pieces

#962 4 years ago

Guess who's joining the party? Finally got word my NIB is in and I'll likely drive to pick it up. Should be setup this weekend!

#963 4 years ago
Quoted from LT4play:

Fellas what’s wrong with the original Playfield?

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas what’s wrong with the original Playfield?

Nothing, it’s excellent. Some just want a spare for down the line.

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guess who's joining the party? Finally got word my NIB is in and I'll likely drive to pick it up. Should be setup this weekend!

Congrats and welcome! Fingers crossed new code is coming or this won’t last very long in your collection.

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great buddy.

Big turnover to come in my line-up
I’ve put down my order for TBL yesterday, and then i’m on the waiting list.
I moved my Houdini that i didn’t play anymore.
My Wooly is on the market too and looking forward 2 games to replace it (next JJP if this is GNR and JP2 or another one)

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Trying to get a feel on how fast these are getting made, when did you get on the list with Cointaker for a game?

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Trying to get a feel on how fast these are getting made, when did you get on the list with Cointaker for a game?

You are looking at about 5-6 months at current pace if you get on the list now.

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I have been on the list for approx 2 months, so hopefully another 4 months or so.

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Curious, based on what? Do we know how many people are in line at Cointaker? Not sure she ever disclosed that figure.

#971 4 years ago

Well...I've been on the CT list since ~July/August, and I haven't come up for payment yet, if that gives any idea.

#972 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Well...I've been on the CT list since ~July/August, and I haven't come up for payment yet, if that gives any idea.

Same here although I'm ready the moment I get the request...

Jeff

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

feels like forever - I was really hoping it would have come sooner but not complaining! It's def not quick or where that 5-6 month turnaround is from as only CT has the list.

#974 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I've been on the list since the end of August with no word. I think CT is just trying to let the ones that actually arrive speak for themselves, as opposed to letting everyone get hyped about it only to be let down.

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from LT4play:

Wow this is crazy. I just ordered parts directly from Barry and he charged me more then cointaker is charging.

How are they cheaper through a second party? And I'm not including shipping in my prices.

#976 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Wow this is crazy. I just ordered parts directly from Barry and he charged me more then cointaker is charging.
How are they cheaper through a second party? And I'm not including shipping in my prices.

What kind of differences are we talking about? If it is a few percent it could just be fluctuation in exchange rate where the dollar was higher when CT bought their stock.

#977 4 years ago

Does it exist a playfield protector? Can it be factory installed?

#978 4 years ago

No Shaker on this game right?

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No Shaker on this game right?

Correct. DP has experimented once with a shaker but the bowling alley didn’t like it

#980 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Good question . Don’t know.

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

A playfield protector does exist but it is not an option ex factory. See https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/JdmSC6hukEekhRd6J1uWeA?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=The%20Big%20Lebowski%20%7C%202016

DP has experimented once With my TBL but it delayed their way of working with several hours so they decided not to offer it. I have one installed and it works fine. If I would install it I think I would cut it uNDer the mini playfield to avoid taking of the mini playfield. For the rest I don’t expect many issues when installing.

#982 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

A playfield protector does exist but it is not an option ex factory. See https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/JdmSC6hukEekhRd6J1uWeA?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=The%20Big%20Lebowski%20%7C%202016
DP has experimented once With my TBL but it delayed their way of working with several hours so they decided not to offer it. I have one installed and it works fine. If I would install it I think I would cut it uNDer the mini playfield to avoid taking of the mini playfield. For the rest I don’t expect many issues when installing.

I would ask to Barry all the same. Partially parting out a game when you receive it is frustrating.

#983 4 years ago

Doobie mod update.

Completed first 12 of these and working on 8 more. Shipping prepaid ones out tomorrow.

Here is example of final version. Note, there is unique, custom variation- no Doobie is rolled exactly the same!! LOL.

36CCD697-F322-481A-9D2B-ADB45DC0DE69 (resized).jpeg36CCD697-F322-481A-9D2B-ADB45DC0DE69 (resized).jpeg5A18422F-A7EC-4FBC-8CD0-C783077C0018 (resized).jpeg5A18422F-A7EC-4FBC-8CD0-C783077C0018 (resized).jpegF5AC5B9A-A978-42C5-A4EB-ACEDAE6BEA09 (resized).jpegF5AC5B9A-A978-42C5-A4EB-ACEDAE6BEA09 (resized).jpeg

EC17141B-3CC6-44FC-887D-6E8717E9546C (resized).jpegEC17141B-3CC6-44FC-887D-6E8717E9546C (resized).jpeg
#984 4 years ago

Doobie mods just complete....quantities going down quickly (over 1/2 of them gone in last couple hours).

Sticker decals installed on targets, coin door, Doobie mod sticker by shooter, and banner sticker above bowling lane like in the movies. I haven’t installed the spinner decal (big Lebowski character and Treehorn sketch). See pictures in the LINK below - which goes back to previous post.....

Note, there are spare Target stickers (some in multiple colors), spinner and coin door stickers!

(Prices below don’t reflect shipping/handling. I will combine items for cheapest shipping).

**Now 3 left was 20 Doobie mods - $35 each
**Now 5 left was 20 Decal sticker sheets - $40 each
**Now 7 left was 20 Ramp clip / ramp brackets - squeezes ramp so ball does not hit metal rails. $15 each
**Now 1 left was 30 Backup harddrives left $100 each.
**0 spare audio cards. Ping me to get on the list for another order. If/when we get to 5 I will order them again. $200 each.

Please add $8 shipping for 1 item, $10 shipping for 2 items, and $12 shipping for 3 or 4 items. Trying to make shipping easy. Note this is US shipping.
Canada add $10 to each shipping category. Europe add $15 to each shipping category. If shipping is a concern ping me and I can see what I can do for international prices, depending on location.

Thx
-cpr9999

Pictures can be seen here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/17#post-5472029

#985 4 years ago

Nice job cpr9999

#986 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Doobie mods just complete....quantities going down quickly (over 1/2 of them gone in last couple hours).
Sticker decals installed on targets, coin door, Doobie mod sticker by shooter, and banner sticker above bowling lane like in the movies. I haven’t installed the spinner decal (big Lebowski character and Treehorn sketch). See pictures in the LINK below - which goes back to previous post.....
Note, there are spare Target stickers (some in multiple colors), spinner and coin door stickers!
(Prices below don’t reflect shipping/handling. I will combine items for cheapest shipping).
**Now 9 left was 20 Doobie mods - $35 each
**Now 9 left was 20 Decal sticker sheets - $40 each
**Now 10 left was 20 Ramp clip / ramp brackets - squeezes ramp so ball does not hit metal rails. $15 each
**Now 2 left was 30 Backup harddrives left $100 each.
**0 spare audio cards. Ping me to get on the list for another order. If/when we get to 5 I will order them again. $200 each.
Please add $8 shipping for 1 item, $10 shipping for 2 items, and $12 shipping for 3 or 4 items. Trying to make shipping easy. Note this is US shipping.
Canada add $10 to each shipping category. Europe add $15 to each shipping category. If shipping is a concern ping me and I can see what I can do for international prices, depending on location.
Thx
-cpr9999
Pictures can be seen here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/17#post-5472029

That is just awesome!!!!
Love the "flickering" light on the end!
Superbly done, man...just awesome.

#987 4 years ago

Toying with the idea of putting down a deposit. I have never seen or played TBL. Is there much difference between the ones being made now and the original run? Is there any current concern about parts down the road since it is being made again? Any other issues I should consider as I weigh my options?

Thanks for your thoughts and input.

Darin

#988 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

What kind of differences are we talking about? If it is a few percent it could just be fluctuation in exchange rate where the dollar was higher when CT bought their stock.

Almost 400 usd difference on a playfield set.

#989 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Doobie mod update.
Completed first 12 of these and working on 8 more. Shipping prepaid ones out tomorrow.
Here is example of final version. Note, there is unique, custom variation- no Doobie is rolled exactly the same!! LOL.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really cool. If I didn’t have kids playing pinball right next to it I would be all over this.

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Toying with the idea of putting down a deposit. I have never seen or played TBL. Is there much difference between the ones being made now and the original run? Is there any current concern about parts down the road since it is being made again? Any other issues I should consider as I weigh my options?
Thanks for your thoughts and input.
Darin

The differences between now vs original run is that DP is assembling the TBLs now (instead of ARA) with parts they acquired from ARA when they reached a settlement. I do not know if they have reached a point where they are now sourcing parts from new suppliers because they've run out of the original parts. A NSNL update would be helpful because it would answer a lot of questions.

They will reach a point where TBLs being built will have no leftover parts from the ARA error (era).

#992 4 years ago

Do the sound effects in the game have a ton of noise and static in them? Or is the sound system in my game having issues?

#993 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Do the sound effects in the game have a ton of noise and static in them? Or is the sound system in my game having issues?

There are plenty of streams to compare but I don’t experience any noise or static.

#994 4 years ago

Yesterday had my best game on my TBL so far, but still far, far, far away from "The Dude Abides" wizard mode (which isn´t implemented yet anyway) and also from Rensh´s fantastic highscore......
And for the first time saw all the Mark It Zero clips!!!!
And done without an Extraball because it´s so damn hard on TBL to get one.

IMG_0428 (resized).jpgIMG_0428 (resized).jpg

#995 4 years ago

In order to get a score as high as possible do

1) only start character multiball after collecting all characters. Make sure you keep mark it zero lit as when you by accident shoot character multiball with not all characters lit you can cancel the start of multiball via ball launch button

2) gather the bowling balls ASAP and ster with dude. If you make a jackpot shot the value is higher when the bowling ball for that shot is lit.

3) shoot all jackpots to get super jackpot at Dude ramp. This super jackpot At dude ramp is also reason For selection that bowling ball as first. For me the skill shot is always the MPF.

4) and don’t forget ofcourse during playing to start some car modes, nihilist mode etc.

And yes, than some luck is needed ☺️ I did learn from Barry that indeed 43M is Quite high. Usually my games end somewhere in the twenties and also some evenings the game just kicks my butt. Do note I am not a tournament player and consider myself as average eg if I can do it you can do it to !!

In regard to extra ball. I don’t think it’s coded yet. I have seen it only twice i think and that was as a mystery award

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In order to get a score as high as possible do
1) only start character multiball after collecting all characters. Make sure you keep mark it zero lit as when you by accident shoot character multiball with not all characters lit you can cancel the start of multiball via ball launch button
2) gather the bowling balls ASAP and ster with dude. If you make a jackpot shot the value is higher when the bowling ball for that shot is lit.
3) shoot all jackpots to get super jackpot at Dude ramp. This super jackpot At dude ramp is also reason For selection that bowling ball as first. For me the skill shot is always the MPF.
4) and don’t forget ofcourse during playing to start some car modes, nihilist mode etc.
And yes, than some luck is needed ☺️ I did learn from Barry that indeed 43M is Quite high. Usually my games end somewhere in the twenties and also some evenings the game just kicks my butt. Do note I am not a tournament player and consider myself as average eg if I can do it you can do it to !!
In regard to extra ball. I don’t think it’s coded yet. I have seen it only twice i think and that was as a mystery award

Yes, that´s right, you can only get it via mystery award

I´m also no tournament player and only average. My biggest challenge is to keep multiball going for an extended time. Usually my mb´s on TBL end pretty fast, much faster than on other machines.
Can you explain why it´s so important to only start character mb after all characters are lit? I figured that I can start character multiball as soon as the corresponding bowling ball for that character is lit, so I get double jackpot values.
For me the mb´s with 2 balls are much easier than the 5 or 6 ball mb´s.

#997 4 years ago

Jackpots are higher plus much more shots award a jackpot. Suppose you only start Dude character multiball than only the dude ramp scores a jackpot. Other white not. And you don’t get to Super jackpot which can be a few million.

And yes, sometime the TBL eats you alive

#998 4 years ago

But if you start several characters at one time I believe I noticed that you first have to score all jackpots before you can start over again. So if you have Maude and Dude running and you score the Maude jackpot you cannot score Maude again until you also scored Dude. Am I wrong, am I wrong??

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

But if you start several characters at one time I believe I noticed that you first have to score all jackpots before you can start over again. So if you have Maude and Dude running and you score the Maude jackpot you cannot score Maude again until you also scored Dude. Am I wrong, am I wrong??

No you are not wrong but remember you have plenty of balls moving around the playfield pls even if the shot isn’t lit up red for a jackpot it still builts a higher jackpot value when you make the shot.

#1000 4 years ago

Rensh

You seen very knowledgeable about TBL - what are your thoughts on getting updated code with a complete wizard mode?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
15,000 (OBO)
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 22.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/20?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.