20240612_221413 (resized).jpg
doobie-talk (resized).jpg
pinside.eaec1408441bad1855cdf1bca6a2440b0c1559f5 (resized).jpg
EP14_rect (resized).png
IMG_5314 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240607_1115493 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 152.
#7451 54 days ago

Nice Toiletmod unboxing video from Gonzo:

I understood for Lior he still has some available if you want one.

Oh, Gonzo did one thing wrong, you are supposed to remove the blue plastic and transfer to flasher pcb to the toilet mod.

#7452 54 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

It does both depending on what’s going on in the game. There are gates controlled with small coils that allow the ball through or not.

Agree. I thought the upper right gate was malfunctioning because the left loop Donny shot would get blocked by that gate. And then playing a game last night, the left loop went through like 80% of the time.

Not sure what I had lit and not lit to make that happen - we need some insight from @rensh.

#7453 54 days ago

The Electric Playground's topper is beautiful but being sold out - the wall art version is $420 cheaper now with mounts is pretty much identicle.

#7454 53 days ago

Joined the club yesterday: Picked up a 1/24/24 mfr game from a great initial owner and after a short 3 hr round trip, got a few games in. With only TBL on and lights off, loving the music, call-outs, lighting and game play. Guess it simply says I'm loving this game as I just start out learning it.

#7455 53 days ago

Love my TBL (my second one) but man the finger prints and skin oils on the lockdown bar are rough. Anyone have any pics of a TBL with a powder coated finish? Color ideas?

#7456 52 days ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Love my TBL (my second one) but man the finger prints and skin oils on the lockdown bar are rough. Anyone have any pics of a TBL with a powder coated finish? Color ideas?

Someone posted copper-ish / orange-ish armor somewhere here on Pinside. It looks great. I’ll see if I can find a link for you. I’m thinking about doing something similar. I’ll be ordering a couple dozen samples from Prismatic Powders to sift through.

Has anyone thought about adding some trim to the front of the backbox?

Edit:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here/page/33#post-6125375

#7457 52 days ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Someone posted copper-ish / orange-ish armor somewhere here on Pinside. It looks great. I’ll see if I can find a link for you. I’m thinking about doing something similar. I’ll be ordering a couple dozen samples from Prismatic Powders to sift through.
Has anyone thought about adding some trim to the front of the backbox?
Edit:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here/page/33#post-6125375

Thanks for that. Looks good but some more pop away from the current cabinet colors might be cool too! Let me know what you find out with those samples and maybe we could do a group powder coat - I’m thru Orlando weekly.

#7458 52 days ago

Recently another pinsider approached me whether I could produce a standalone version of my TBL Speaker Lights, which I provided as an optional addon together with my TBL topper. That reminded that that was something I wanted to do anyway for quite some time but never got around to.
Most parts I needed were already there so I went about and produced a prototype for him. Instead of driving the lighting from my topper controller board I'm using the standard RGB controller with remote control and of course I'm using RGB LED strips instead of addressable strips. My first experiments showed that putting the IR sensor behind the translite didn't work because the TBL translite apparently doesn't let the IR signals pass through. So I came up with the idea of mounting the IR sensor directly into the speaker. It sits directly between the adapter ring that holds the LED strip and the speaker. Works great!
That way the installation is extremely easy. Basically you remove the speakers, put the adapter rings in, put the sensor into the adapter with the sensor cutout, speakers back on top and put it all back together with longer screws. Connect the little controller box to power and off you go. Should be finished in 15 minutes. My fellow pinsider was very happy with the result. Here are a few pics:

Speaker with adaper ringSpeaker with adaper ringSpeaker mounted with controller boxSpeaker mounted with controller boxPower cablePower cableIR sensor in the adapter ringIR sensor in the adapter ring

The power cable you see above is only for newer TBLs that have the Power Distribution board in the backbox. Maybe Rensh knows with which serial# they started using that board. Older TBLs would need the adapter cable which I also built for my topper. It´s more effort on my side but doesn't affect the installation.

Contact me if you're interested in such a kit. Eventually I will also put it in my pinside shop.

#7459 52 days ago

I was the test game for the speaker lights. This was the easiest installation I've done out of all my games for speaker lights. Perfect fit. Herb is a great guy to deal with. Buy with confidence. I'll update with some pictures later. Thanks again Herb!

#7460 52 days ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Recently another pinsider approached me whether I could produce a standalone version of my TBL Speaker Lights, which I provided as an optional addon together with my TBL topper. That reminded that that was something I wanted to do anyway for quite some time but never got around to.
Most parts I needed were already there so I went about and produced a prototype for him. Instead of driving the lighting from my topper controller board I'm using the standard RGB controller with remote control and of course I'm using RGB LED strips instead of addressable strips. My first experiments showed that putting the IR sensor behind the translite didn't work because the TBL translite apparently doesn't let the IR signals pass through. So I came up with the idea of mounting the IR sensor directly into the speaker. It sits directly between the adapter ring that holds the LED strip and the speaker. Works great!
That way the installation is extremely easy. Basically you remove the speakers, put the adapter rings in, put the sensor into the adapter with the sensor cutout, speakers back on top and put it all back together with longer screws. Connect the little controller box to power and off you go. Should be finished in 15 minutes. My fellow pinsider was very happy with the result. Here are a few pics:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
The power cable you see above is only for newer TBLs that have the Power Distribution board in the backbox. Maybe Rensh knows with which serial# they started using that board. Older TBLs would need the adapter cable which I also built for my topper. It´s more effort on my side but doesn't affect the installation.
Contact me if you're interested in such a kit. Eventually I will also put it in my pinside shop.

Approx sn 950 the new power distribution boards started.

#7461 51 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Approx sn 950 the new power distribution boards started.

I can confirm this; I have #951, and it has the board.

#7462 50 days ago

I noticed on TBL it’s more difficult to do micro taps with the flippers due to the buttons. Like, when you are holding the button down (flipper up), the button has to travel out pretty far before the flipper starts dropping. Keeps throwing me off compared to other games. Anyone found a way to adjust this to make buttons more sensitive? I took a look and the opto setup seemed pretty inflexible. Thanks.

#7463 50 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I noticed on TBL it’s more difficult to do micro taps with the flippers due to the buttons. Like, when you are holding the button down (flipper up), the button has to travel out pretty far before the flipper starts dropping. Keeps throwing me off compared to other games. Anyone found a way to adjust this to make buttons more sensitive? I took a look and the opto setup seemed pretty inflexible. Thanks.

You could theoretically replace the optos with a traditional leaf switch if you're comfortable with that sort of thing.

#7464 50 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

This should be a key post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/135#post-7964775

#7465 50 days ago

Done

I tried this myself but my experience was less positive and after several needed adjustment I swapped back to opto again.

#7466 50 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Done
I tried this myself but my experience was less positive and after several needed adjustment I swapped back to opto again.

once i changed the leafs to the one pbl recommended, it’s been amazing.

i was thinking of micromanaging the gaps but im cool with it how it is

#7467 50 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

You can just sand or file a little off the plastic from the inside of the flipper button. The "post" of the flipper button that is inside the cabinet was too long on mine giving the same issue. Just take a little off at a time till you get the feel you want. Should take about 10min total.

#7468 48 days ago

Rensh what doesn’t it take to get the knocker to knock!?

Got a solid high score #2 and still no knock!

Works fine in test menu

Definitely is set to “installed” under hardware.

My machine doesn’t want to say peep, man

#7469 48 days ago

Considering joining the club here soon. Any advice on issues to expect with this game NIB? Are the later builds more reliable? I’ve heard the flipper strength can feel mushy after a few games, making the ramps tough to hit? Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

#7470 47 days ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Considering joining the club here soon. Any advice on issues to expect with this game NIB? Are the later builds more reliable? I’ve heard the flipper strength can feel mushy after a few games, making the ramps tough to hit? Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

i bought the pinmonk fans and the flipper power is super reliable

#7471 47 days ago

Also in addition to my knocker question, above, KoenHeltzel why does the game just do the electronic “beep” when you get a trophy achievement in your profile rather than use the knocker? We got knockers, let’s use em!

#7472 47 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

i bought the pinmonk fans and the flipper power is super reliable

Also, this is a good time to mention I just verified that my Lebowski Tibetan Breeze ZEN kits work with both the older Lebowski builds that have the cooler master power supply and the newer builds that have the breakout board for power connections. Hadn't seen the breakout board version until someone bought a ZEN kit that had a new build. Aside from the fact that it looks different (updating instructions for both types of power connections), the harness works just the same.

And, as you said, they solve mushy flippers from fade 100% - they perform just as well after an hour or more as they do when you start on a cold game.

#7473 47 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Also, this is a good time to mention I just verified that my Lebowski Tibetan Breeze ZEN kits work with both the older Lebowski builds that have the cooler master power supply and the newer builds that have the breakout board for power connections. Hadn't seen the breakout board version until someone bought a ZEN kit that had a new build. Aside from the fact that it looks different (updating instructions for both types of power connections), the harness works just the same.
And, as you said, they solve mushy flippers from fade 100% - they perform just as well after an hour or more as they do when you start on a cold game.

so if i have one for the old build it could work on new builds?

#7474 47 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

so if i have one for the old build it could work on new builds?

Yes, wiring harness is now confirmed to work on both.

Older setup with the cooler master power supply (harness plugs straight into the bottom of the Cooler Master power supply):
Panel 1 - backbox-ps (resized).jpgPanel 1 - backbox-ps (resized).jpg

Newer setup with the breakout board (harness plugs into any of the three connectors at the bottom the yellow arrow is pointing to):
power-supply-board (resized).jpgpower-supply-board (resized).jpg

The instructions will be updated to cover either type of install. Everything else is the same.

#7475 43 days ago

Starry apron let’s gooooo
IMG_4409 (resized).jpegIMG_4409 (resized).jpeg. Also it got me high score #4 at 31M

Sadly no real knocker with the high score

#7476 43 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Starry apron let’s gooooo
[quoted image]. Also it got me high score #4 at 31M
Sadly no real knocker with the high score

You can adjust when the knocker is activated in the menu under pricing/awards. It only knocks when a free play is awarded eg a credit.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#7477 43 days ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

I have never seen mine loop around. Wonder if the spring is off or the coil does not fire to hold up the gate. I will need to test it.

Think I had this same problem. My issue was the switch in front of the gate at the back loop was pushed down so the gate was closed.

#7478 43 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You can adjust when the knocker is activated in the menu under pricing/awards. It only knocks when a free play is awarded eg a credit.
[quoted image]

interesting, thanks. So is it fair to say “credit” awarded would equal a knock? So we could make GC, 1, 2, 3, and 4 scores equal a credit and it would knock for all?

#7479 42 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

interesting, thanks. So is it fair to say “credit” awarded would equal a knock? So we could make GC, 1, 2, 3, and 4 scores equal a credit and it would knock for all?

Correct. You could make for instance GC 4 credits, HS1 3 credits etc. This would make the TBL knock different per type of high score.

#7480 42 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Correct. You could make for instance GC 4 credits, HS1 3 credits etc. This would make the TBL knock different per type of high score.

Awesome, thanks . Yeah at a minimum I think it should be one knock for any HS 1-4 and 3 knocks for GC.

#7481 42 days ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Recently another pinsider approached me whether I could produce a standalone version of my TBL Speaker Lights, which I provided

I have the speakerlight with your perfect topper.
A separate controller is a nice way but not interactive with the/a topper nor with the pin.
On the TBL main pcb is a free socket labeled as "modding" and on the new knocker pcb is "Topper LED 3 pin" and "Topper coil".
It would be great to use this connectors to

1. illuminate the topper and the speaker-LED in sync with the lit apron or the topper connector
2. Connect a coil with the topper .. moving the bowling pin, etc ...

Just some ideas, if someone can handle it, than its you BigLebowski

#7482 42 days ago

Any recommendations for non-reflective playfield glass? Jersey Jack's Invisglass, perhaps?

#7483 42 days ago

Any recommendations for non-reflective playfield glass? Jersey Jack's Invisglass, perhaps?

I have Voodoo glass on mine and it looks great.

#7484 41 days ago

Looking for a TBL chromed coin door. Anyone have a link?

Thanks

#7485 41 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Looking for a TBL chromed coin door. Anyone have a link?
Thanks

Email Chris at Pinball Plating. That’s where I got mine. https://pinballplating.com/new-parts/bally-williams-coin-doors

#7486 40 days ago

Quoted from Spelunk71:

I have Voodoo glass on mine and it looks great.

I went with Stern HD Glass - because thats what my local dealer had in stock. It's on all my pins now and I am very happy. Some analysis has shown that the differences are negligible between anti-reflective glass manufacturers. So, point is go with what is easy / convenient/good value to you and you can't really go wrong.

#7487 40 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

I went with Stern HD Glass - because thats what my local dealer had in stock. It's on all my pins now and I am very happy. Some analysis has shown that the differences are negligible between anti-reflective glass manufacturers. So, point is go with what is easy / convenient/good value to you and you can't really go wrong.

Agree 100%. Also - situations differ. The room I play in is pretty dark and I keep the lights off. I find that TBL doesn't really need anti-reflective glass because it is so bright, whereas my MMr benefits from it tremendously.

#7488 39 days ago
Quoted from estrader:

Think I had this same problem. My issue was the switch in front of the gate at the back loop was pushed down so the gate was closed.

My solenoid on the right ball gate is trying to fire, but it won't hold the gate open. Wonder if the plate needs to closer? Since I can feel the solenoid working, it would seem that it is OK, but more mechanical in nature, right? That area is a PITA to get to. My spring fell off now, so trying to get that reattached.

#7489 38 days ago

Just in time for Father's Day!!

IMG_20240607_1115493 (resized).jpgIMG_20240607_1115493 (resized).jpg
#7490 37 days ago

Tbl all kinks worked out sound mod rocking with rug to tie it all together.

IMG_5314 (resized).jpegIMG_5314 (resized).jpeg
#7491 37 days ago
Quoted from Nerdyboy:

[quoted image]

good collection. i find TBL and AFM/MM similar, but they're both super awesome.

#7492 37 days ago
Quoted from Nerdyboy:

[quoted image]

All you need now is Wu.

I wonder if Wu would do personal peeings?

#7493 35 days ago

Hey all, we've got an interview today with Melvin Williams with Dutch Pinball Exclusives, where we'll be talking about their newly and officially announced title Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Many topics will be covered surrounding this game and about Dutch in general. Starts at 3p CT / 4p ET / 8p GMT TODAY! We'll take audience questions too, and bring them up in the 2nd half of the 2 hour show.

This will be available for rewatch later too. All the links at inbeforethelock.com

Hope you all can make it!

EP14_rect (resized).pngEP14_rect (resized).png
#7494 35 days ago
Quoted from rob3:

Hey all, we've got an interview today with Melvin Williams with Dutch Pinball Exclusives, where we'll be talking about their newly and officially announced title Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Many topics will be covered surrounding this game and about Dutch in general. Starts at 3p CT / 4p ET / 8p GMT TODAY! We'll take audience questions too, and bring them up in the 2nd half of the 2 hour show.
This will be available for rewatch later too. All the links at inbeforethelock.com
Hope you all can make it![quoted image]

Great discussion….well worth the watch. Thanks!

#7495 33 days ago
Quoted from Drebay:

Just in time for Father's Day!!
[quoted image]

Cheers to you, dude!
And a friendly reminder to all the new Dudes that the Hollywood Star Lanes matchbook is available for free, man.

Big Willy

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-man-you-got-a-match-lebowski-matchbook-mod#post-8055165
pinside.eaec1408441bad1855cdf1bca6a2440b0c1559f5 (resized).jpgpinside.eaec1408441bad1855cdf1bca6a2440b0c1559f5 (resized).jpg

#7496 33 days ago

If anyone is interested, I am now up to date on the list and have supplies for some more of the doobie mods! PM or check out the thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-doobie-20-interest-and-progress

#7497 33 days ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

If anyone is interested, I am now up to date on the list and have supplies for some more of the doobie mods!

doobie-talk (resized).jpgdoobie-talk (resized).jpg
#7498 32 days ago

It’s officially official!

9/10/23- Deposit
3/4/24- Paid in Full
5/31/24- Notice of Fulfillment
6/12/24- Latest call to freight co checking on delivery appointment was told Monday, 6/17. Couldn't bear just missing another weekend so drove an hour to pick it up myself at the loading dock.
6/12/24- Home!!

#7499 32 days ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Big thanks from Big Willy, man!
Got my lights kit this past weekend and installed 'em tonight. Super EZ, simple and subtle enough to tie that rug speaker panel together.
Remote imbedded into the speaker is one of the best implementations of an ir remote I've seen thus far.
Photos never serve justice.
Currently rockin' with the orange - it's just so cohesive, man.

Cheers!

Big Willy

20240612_221403 (resized).jpg20240612_221403 (resized).jpg20240612_221413 (resized).jpg20240612_221413 (resized).jpg

20240612_221518 (resized).jpg20240612_221518 (resized).jpg
#7500 30 days ago

Took “the plunge” and got the toilet for above the scoop. Was on the fence for a while with this one, glad I got it. Very well made.

Yellow cellophane is definitely the way to go under the sculpt (thanks timlah79 for the Amazon link), much softer light now and you can see it matches the other LEDs.

Cheers!

IMG_2694 (resized).jpegIMG_2694 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 152.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.