FE5875DF-3A58-41A5-8AA4-CE861E460F91 (resized).jpeg
542B141D-3FA2-4C94-8BFD-71AD18D658C2 (resized).jpeg
54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).png
IMG_2193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_104555_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240314_182255_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 143.
#551 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Yes sir, I did a burnt orange for one[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That trim
Is gorgeous !

Whatever happened to the led doobie mod

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

That trim
Is gorgeous !
Whatever happened to the led doobie mod

Agree looks nice

#553 4 years ago

Anyone that would like their game coated let me know. I still have plenty of the color in stock

#554 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Cliffy needs these measurements for the shooter lane protector if an owner could get those to him. I don’t have one. He has a scoop protector already. And universal slot switch protectors work.[quoted image]

Did a Cliffy get made?

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did a Cliffy get made?

I live in San Mateo, if he’s over my way he’s
Welcome to measure himself and I will order one myself.

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did a Cliffy get made?

He sent me Houdini lane protectors as they are fairly close to send measurements back, which I did. He already has the scoop protector for TBL. Not sure what happened after that. I was able to drill some holes to make the Houdini protector work well enough. Maybe he could stop by Whitey’s and see his awesome collection to take measurements in person.

#557 4 years ago

Anytime !

#558 4 years ago

New code update per latest NSNL:

"New code 0.51
Although not final yet, we are releasing a new version of the code with some nice new features. To download and install the new version, click here:

http://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software.php

Right now the focus of Dutch Pinball is almost solely dedicated to the production of games. As soon as production is running smooth and steadily we will invest time to finish the code for a 1.0 release version with all features implemented into it."

#559 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

New code 0.51
Although not final yet, we are releasing a new version of the code with some nice new features. To download and install the new version, go here:
Right now the focus of Dutch Pinball is almost solely dedicated to the production of games. As soon as production is running smooth and steadily we will invest time to finish the code for a 1.0 release version with all features implemented into it.

Wow!!

#560 4 years ago

Very welcomed update. Was hoping the garage door stuttering would be fixed but not the case. Has anyone attempted a fix for this by replacing the stepper motor?

#561 4 years ago

I seem to recall version 0.51 was released years ago. It doesn't look like anything was changed.
Unless this is for the benefit of those 51 games that were shipped months ago that may have been running old software.

New code 0.51
Although not final yet, we are releasing a new version of the code with some nice new features. To download and install the new version, go here:
Right now the focus of Dutch Pinball is almost solely dedicated to the production of games. As soon as production is running smooth and steadily we will invest time to finish the code for a 1.0 release version with all features implemented into it.

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I seem to recall version 0.51 was released years ago. It doesn't look like anything was changed.
Unless this is for the benefit of those 51 games that were shipped months ago that may have been running old software.

I've had the game for a few years and 0.48 was the most recent code until today - so as far as I'm aware this is new.

#563 4 years ago

Well thanks for the correction! That's awesome! It will be cool for you to get some new features.

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I've had the game for a few years and 0.48 was the most recent code until today - so as far as I'm aware this is new.

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Very welcomed update. Was hoping the garage door stuttering would be fixed but not the case. Has anyone attempted a fix for this by replacing the stepper motor?

This is what the update is referring to

#565 4 years ago

The update improves the movement of the door, much smoother and faster. But not the issue of the stuttering.

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

The update improves the movement of the door, much smoother and faster. But not the issue of the stuttering.

Mine stutters badly too. I really want to get in there and research this problem. It only happens on ball start. It must be in software trying to check if the door is closed or not. I'm not sure if Dutch is doing anything custom in MPF or not. I don't recall Mission or P-Roc having native stepper driver support so they might be. I'll need to check if there's an external driver board controlling that. Seems like it would be an easy fix in code if it was in MPF. Maybe I can find time over the holiday weekend to tear into my game.

#567 4 years ago

Has anyone updated straight from .45 to .51? Or do we need to apply .48 first?

#568 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

If you look at the code download page #tuna_delight linked to it tells you what software you need and step by step how to do it. It also states that the release addresses the car motion specificity so you might want to just try that simple route first.

#569 4 years ago

Question.

Does your TBL machine have actual coin mechs in them like a Stern game that ships with them?

THANKS for info..........

#570 4 years ago

"New code 0.51
Although not final yet, we are releasing a new version of the code with some nice new features. To download and install the new version, click here:
Right now the focus of Dutch Pinball is almost solely dedicated to the production of games. As soon as production is running smooth and steadily we will invest time to finish the code for a 1.0 release version with all features implemented into it."

Great news to see that the gears are still turning over at Dutch Pinball! My hopes for a production run release were starting to lean towards doubtful again, but definitely back to cautiously optimistic with this update!

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

You have to have at least .46 installed

F8911B45-CD8C-4901-AB61-CB523A44658B (resized).jpegF8911B45-CD8C-4901-AB61-CB523A44658B (resized).jpeg
#572 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question.
Does your TBL machine have actual coin mechs in them like a Stern game that ships with them?
THANKS for info..........

I have coin mechs in mine. They weren't provided with the game.

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It also states that the release addresses the car motion specificity so you might want to just try that simple route first.

Nope - Stutter is worse than ever on 0.51. It's just faster now.

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Yup, same here.

#575 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Ok thats definitely not a code issue thats just plain wrong wow. Go through the manual and adjust it. Fairly simple mech. I thought yours was just stuttering as it opens which I have seen but yours is just plain not working. Plus it looks like its pulling to far in. My guess is the switch is way off and its trying to close that contact.

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok thats definitely not a code issue thats just plain wrong wow. Go through the manual and adjust it. Fairly simple mech. I thought yours was just stuttering as it opens which I have seen but yours is just plain not working. Plus it looks like its pulling to far in. My guess is the switch is way off and its trying to close that contact.

Which "manual"????

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think you are right. Certainly I don't want to give any concrete recommendations, but when I obtained my game, I noticed this problem as well. My guess was the same as yours (car door not being registered as "closed"). I took the roof off of that garage and took a look. There is one small switch at the back of the garage. When the car goes back in the garage, it closes a small tab, triggering that switch. I pulled that tab open just a bit, manually, so that the tab touched the car a bit sooner. That fixed that issue. I also noticed a similar behavior while adjusting the handicap targets, such that if they are further displaced (less sensitive to being hit/activated), the car will do the same shaking activity after coming out (by the targets). So at this point, I have the garage door tab on the inside pulled out a bit, and the handicapped targets more sensitive and closer together. It still takes a heck of a hit to the car when the car is out to register a hit during the car modes, but no shaking. Hope this helps.

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:I think you are right. Certainly I don't want to give any concrete recommendations, but when I obtained my game, I noticed this problem as well. My guess was the same as yours (car door not being registered as "closed"). I took the roof off of that garage and took a look. There is one small switch at the back of the garage. When the car goes back in the garage, it closes a small tab, triggering that switch. I pulled that tab open just a bit, manually, so that the tab touched the car a bit sooner. That fixed that issue. I also noticed a similar behavior while adjusting the handicap targets, such that if they are further displaced (less sensitive to being hit/activated), the car will do the same shaking activity after coming out (by the targets). So at this point, I have the garage door tab on the inside pulled out a bit, and the handicapped targets more sensitive and closer together. It still takes a heck of a hit to the car when the car is out to register a hit during the car modes, but no shaking. Hope this helps.

Appreciate this post. Will check it out. The update definitely makes it way more noticeable.

#579 4 years ago

Code / car update is much smoother on mine now - I like it!!

QUESTION ——>at what pitch (in degrees) are you setting your playfield at?? Or glass??

Fyi I use the PinGuy app to level.

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

Order more boards!

I am willing to do 1 last order of spare TBL audio boards. I have 3 people in and when I get to 5 people I will place the order. After that no more Audio spares !!

PM if interested.

#581 4 years ago

So I thought I would share an idea I had/non-permanent fix that I added to my TBL.
This in relation to the car "hit" during car modes.

So, initially when I got the game I noticed the shaking/stuttering behavior of the car/car door that I mentioned in the above post in this thread.
After getting that situated/adressed, I noticed that it really took a heck of a wack (sometimes some random direction of the ball hitting to the car or door) to register a "hit" during the car modes. This was rather frustrating.
As I explored this further, I noticed that the car comes out and the door "stops" once the door touches the Handicap targets closing the leaf switches (maybe its just the right target?). This registeres the car door as "open" at its final open resting position.....and when the car is hit, if there is enough "bounce," the car door briefly jumps away from the target, opening the switch, and thus registering the "hit." Problem is, neither the metal car door (with car), nor the target itself has a lot of inherent "bounce."

....So I thought, how can i make this car/car door mech more "bouncy" (for lack of a better term). So, I began to think of some sort of rubber that the door can "bounce" against when hit with a pinball. After doing some trials of various sized rubbers from my random collection of grommets, I came up with this (see pics).

Note, I noticed the rubber can only "just touch" the door when it opens, or it will shake, shake, shake because its not seeing the leafs close/touch for the door to stop at its final resting open position...so, depending on where one's door closes and that residual space provided, there is some trial and error as it would relate to both the size of the grommet and how minutely "proud" it should be from the target itself.

This (attached pic below) is where mine landed. I used a small post grommet and a small touch of glue to attach it to the side of the right target. With this addition, I went from 50% or less registered "hits" to 90+%, which is so much more rewarding. You can see the aftermath of when I had a black grommet glued to the side of the left target...that worked well until I decided on a red one and placing it on the opposite side. Oh well...it's just a plastic target on a game...

Anyway, the above is by no means a recommendation, I'm just sharing the frustration I had, my findings and thought process and this unconventional idea that I landed on.
Has anyone else had trouble registering "hits" to the car during car modes? Has anyone else come up with any conventional or like this, somewhat unconventional ideas to address this?
Thanks
Chip
IMG_20191128_101154 (resized).jpgIMG_20191128_101154 (resized).jpgIMG_20191128_101159 (resized).jpgIMG_20191128_101159 (resized).jpgIMG_20191128_101252 (resized).jpgIMG_20191128_101252 (resized).jpg

#582 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So I thought I would share an idea I had/non-permanent fix that I added to my TBL.
So, initially when I got the game I noticed the shaking/stuttering behavior of the car/car door that I mentioned in the above post in this thread.
After getting that situated/adressed, I noticed that it really took a heck of a wack (sometimes some random direction of the ball hitting to the car or door) to register a "hit" during the car modes. This was rather frustrating.
As I explored this further, I noticed that the car comes out and the door "stops" once the door touches the Handicap targets closing the leaf switches (maybe its just the right target?). This registeres the car door as "open" at its final open resting position.....and when the car is hit, if there is enough "bounce," the car door briefly jumps away from the target, opening the switch, and thus registering the "hit." Problem is, neither the metal car door (with car), nor the target itself has a lot of inherent "bounce."
....So I thought, how can i make this car/car door mech more "bouncy" (for lack of a better term). So, I began to think of some sort of rubber that the door can "bounce" against when hit with a pinball. After doing some trials of various sized rubbers from my random collection of grommets, I came up with this (see pics).
Note, I noticed the rubber can only "just touch" the door when it opens, or it will shake, shake, shake because its not seeing the leafs close/touch for the door to stop at its final resting open position...so, depending on where one's door closes and that residual space provided, there is some trial and error as it would relate to both the size of the grommet and how minutely "proud" it should be from the target itself.
This (attached pic below) is where mine landed. I used a small post grommet and a small touch of glue to attach it to the side of the right target. With this addition, I went from 50% or less registered "hits" to 90+%, which is so much more rewarding. You can see the aftermath of when I had a black grommet glued to the side of the left target...that worked well until I decided on a red one and placing it on the opposite side. Oh well...it's just a plastic target on a game...
Anyway, the above is by no means a recommendation, I'm just sharing the frustration I had, my findings and thought process and this unconventional idea that I landed on.
Has anyone else had trouble registering "hits" to the car during car modes? Has anyone else come up with any conventional or like this, somewhat unconventional ideas to address this?
Thanks
Chip
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you try adjusting the leaf switches behind the target? Mine seems fine. One thing that did come up on mine is the bushing was missing from the upper playfield and lower where the flipper rod comes up to the upper flipper(wasn't installed during assembly). That resulted in missing the loop consistently. With that fixed, it's great. The software update is really good as well. I didn't bother setting the coil strengths before because they would be forgotten between games. Now you can dial in the game adjusting the coils and it really improves the already excellent gameplay.

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Did you try adjusting the leaf switches behind the target? Mine seems fine. One thing that did come up on mine is the bushing was missing from the upper playfield and lower where the flipper rod comes up to the upper flipper(wasn't installed during assembly). That resulted in missing the loop consistently. With that fixed, it's great. The software update is really good as well. I didn't bother setting the coil strengths before because they would be forgotten between games. Now you can dial in the game adjusting the coils and it really improves the already excellent gameplay.

Just curious how you knew: was the flipper rod loose (wobbly) because no bushing OR did the flipper rest against the playfield? Want to check mine.

Also what angle (6 or 7 degrees) did you setup your playfield?

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Adjusting the switch fixed it. I posted a video and explanation in the TBL Maintainance thread.

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Just curious how you knew: was the flipper rod loose (wobbly) because no bushing OR did the flipper rest against the playfield? Want to check mine.
Also what angle (6 or 7 degrees) did you setup your playfield?

It wasn’t really making the loop shot so Barry helped me sort it out. I didn’t know it needed a bushing but it was obvious after installed. It is a black bushing you see as blue in the second pic, on both playfields. I think I set my playfield at around 7 percent but can double check.

40F0DFD2-5245-447B-BA8E-08F74D625A06 (resized).jpeg40F0DFD2-5245-447B-BA8E-08F74D625A06 (resized).jpeg124E435D-FF78-4569-BE0A-6989D059F5D6 (resized).jpeg124E435D-FF78-4569-BE0A-6989D059F5D6 (resized).jpeg
#586 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I did. I found taking the roof off of the garage and the 4 screws holding the facade of the garage allowed the easiest access to those switches. I adjusted to make the target switches, especially the right, rather sensitive. How did you adjust yours and as a result, what percentage of registered hits do you get when you hit the car door during car modes, if you don't mind me asking (and thanks).
I have not downloaded/installed the new code. I've been anxious to ask those who have. What differences does it have/add compared to the previous code? Aside from car hits not routinely registering during car modes (which is improved with my above post), my particular game, with the exception of occasional bugs noticed during gameplay, plays rather smooth. But I'll say I'm super excited that code is being worked on!!!!!!! That's so incredible and awesome.
Thanks!!

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thanks
Chip

this isn't really necessary. you can get the same effect and it's how my game came with the outer target bent out a little bit.. so the car rests on the outer one and sets off the inner one.. at least that was the conclusion i made a couple years ago

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

What differences does it have/add compared to the previous code?

The changelog is at the bottom of the software download page, but since it hasn't been found or posted here it is:

Version 0.51 - November 2019

Rules:
- When the ball is in the jets or upper playfield, timers will now be paused.

Improvements:
- Added progress bar to each rug mode.
- Car toy moves quicker and more smooth.
- Bonus sequence: every category is now highlighted by blinking the related
inserts.
- Trophies are earned for various goals if the player is logged in (press both
flippers at the start of the game).
- Added LED blink effect to each slingshot hit.
- Reworked slingshot reloading to prevent "machine-gunning" slingshots.

Bugfixes:
- During Character Multiball, ball multipliers would be shown in the jackpot
calculation but not actually scored.
- Coil strength settings would be applied correctly during the session they
were changed in, but the default values would be applied after a reboot.
- The "Let's Go Bowling"'s ball selection could be stuck on an already
collected ball.
- In attract mode with the coin door open, and a ball in the shooter lane,
the autoshooter sound would continuously be triggered in a rapid fashion.

#590 4 years ago

Dudes, Black Friday sale on the Gutterballs topper. Discount applied in cart. $140 plus shipping, save $35.

https://laseriffic.com/collections/pinball-toppers/products/the-big-lebowski-pinball-topper

#591 4 years ago

Thanks for posting that vid sd_tom
Awesome idea having the two handicap targets at two slightly separate levels to trip left target first to stop car and the right target to register the hit
Makes good sense!! Awesome.

#592 4 years ago

Visiting DP tomorrow and will ask how it exactly works. If I recall correctly it doesn’t matter which target is hit. Like first come first serve.

#593 4 years ago

I asked

For both bashing the car mode and for the car to know where to stop it doesn’t matter if left or right target is hit. There is also no sequence like first left than right.

#594 4 years ago

Any other info from your visit?

#595 4 years ago

So I'm really thinking about buying one of these as I just love the sound clips shots etc.

My remaining question is spare parts. What risks are there? Is it just bowling alley and rug and if so if they were to break is the game really not playable? As an Alien owner there were parts and still are parts available.

Owners what say you?

#596 4 years ago

CPR9999 Has the info you need on spares.

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I'm really thinking about buying one of these as I just love the sound clips shots etc.
My remaining question is spare parts. What risks are there? Is it just bowling alley and rug and if so if they were to break is the game really not playable? As an Alien owner there were parts and still are parts available.
Owners what say you?

First off If you can get one and you like the theme this is a home run in any collection. Just love it and the call outs are wonderful. As for parts, I simply emailed Barry and he quoted and shipped the parts I requested which included a new Playfield among other things. The build on this game is really not that scientific custom compared to any other game out there in my opinion. If you can get on the list I would bet you’ll love it. If not I suspect you wouldn’t loose much if you sold it. Good luck.

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Any other info from your visit?

DP is alive and kicking. Now focus is on how it produce as efficient as possible and tooling up. This consumes time and money (money Made with These ‘new’ sales is used for these startup costs).

4 pcs where boxed up Ready for pick up and preps were made for another batch of 4 pcs.

It will take time for sure to make all EA whole but am optimistic. They just need some more time now.

1 week later
#599 4 years ago

Dudes... (Dudettes) The much overlooked awesomeness of Donny must be represented!! Introducing the custom Donny in the spotlight tribute mod! For the love of Donny we think this custom mod is a spot on tribute to this awesome character. Plug and play simple install. This mod replaces the current out of place reflector with a complete new custom assembly with new reflector. Bulb not included! We are Honored to be part of your Amazing collections. The Dude Abides! Additional info and details available from our web store!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#600 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That is brilliant. Well done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 7,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 143.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/12?hl=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.