IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif
IMG_1769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240410_145717026 (resized).jpg
Install knocker.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1725 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,267 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 146.
#6251 5 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

What is the difference between the 2 precision flippers? There appear to be a solid and a hollow version (the one you apparently installed?)….and which did you use on your POTC?

I think the hollow one are the Halographic Pro version.

#6252 5 months ago

The solids were the original launch and the Halo's were developed after. Both give a more precise shot and more power. The solids give a little more bounce to the ball on a deadbounce if you are that far into feel, but this is all variable on rubber selection.

Titan low bounce or regular rubber will play more differently than halo or solid will.

Both are good, halo's are better, but it's about which style fits which game best.

#6253 5 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

The solids were the original launch and the Halo's were developed after. Both give a more precise shot and more power. The solids give a little more bounce to the ball on a deadbounce if you are that far into feel, but this is all variable on rubber selection.
Titan low bounce or regular rubber will play more differently than halo or solid will.
Both are good, halo's are better, but it's about which style fits which game best.

Thanks for that…I guess the other consideration is whether you want to be able to place a mod on top of the bat…might not look too great over the hollow ones….

#6254 5 months ago

Thanks for that…I guess the other consideration is whether you want to be able to place a mod on top of the bat…might not look too great over the hollow ones….

John is in the process of designing a bat topper mount or toppers themselves, don't know how far it is in his list of priorities but you can ask in the Precsion Flippers thread and he'll answer.

I like bat toppers on plastic bats, but there's no way i'd hide the Precisions, they are too cool.

I have about 7 or 8 sets.

#6255 5 months ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Also wondering about animated launch button installation.

Its super easy. Just uninstall the original launch button, install the new, there is a new board that attaches inside the cabinet near the left flipper, then a single cable that connects to the the ball launch switch on the playfield. Took less than 5 minutes.

Quoted from ToucanF16:

Did you also install the Link Arm Keyed Shaft Clamp System?

No. I did not. I just purchase the metal pushings

What is the difference between the 2 precision flippers? There appear to be a solid and a hollow version (the one you apparently installed?)….and which did you use on your POTC?

I have always used the hollow version, first on POTC, Lebowski and now on Godfather (installed last night). They work the same, I just prefer the look of the halographic version.

If you do end up purchasing a set for Lebowski, you don't need 3 metal bushings, just 2. With the upper flipper the metal bushing won't have the same effect/importance as it does on the lowers so isn't necessary. This was the advice I received from the manufacturer.

#6256 5 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Finally added my precision flippers on my game and what a difference, both aesthetically and in function. Also received Vimtoman TBL button mod today and installed that as well. Super simple and gorgeous mod as expected.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would you mind sharing exactly what parts you ordered for the 3 precision flippers? I have never ordered a set but basically want this same set up for my tbl when it arrives.

I’m also unsure on the size of the upper flipper
Thanks
Scott.

#6257 5 months ago
Quoted from Scott-UK:

Would you mind sharing exactly what parts you ordered for the 3 precision flippers? I have never ordered a set but basically want this same set up for my tbl when it arrives.
I’m also unsure on the size of the upper flipper
Thanks
Scott.

Happy to help. See the attached image. Then of course you need some orange titans to finish off the set, but that is up to you of course...

TBL order form (resized).PNGTBL order form (resized).PNG
#6258 5 months ago

where did you find the 5 1/2"? only seeing this in stock: Extended Flipper Shaft 6-1/4"

#6259 5 months ago
Quoted from JimB:

where did you find the 5 1/2"? only seeing this in stock: Extended Flipper Shaft 6-1/4"

JimB I updated the length of the upper playfield flipper shafts to accomidate all games made past and present. So they are all 6-1/4" in length now.

#6260 5 months ago

I have always used the hollow version, first on POTC, Lebowski and now on Godfather (installed last night). They work the same, I just prefer the look of the halographic version.
If you do end up purchasing a set for Lebowski, you don't need 3 metal bushings, just 2. With the upper flipper the metal bushing won't have the same effect/importance as it does on the lowers so isn't necessary. This was the advice I received from the manufacturer.

Very helpful!

& Sorry to drag this out but could you also list the parts you ordered for POTC as well?

#6261 5 months ago

Very helpful!
& Sorry to drag this out but could you also list the parts you ordered for POTC as well?

I second that. Inquiring minds want to know.

#6262 5 months ago

I'm trying to find someone who doesn't want to keep the pallet that the game is shipped on, but still has hold of it... I'm willing to buy it, but I'd ask the seller to help me ship it to an address in Cranford NJ, which I'll obviously pay for... I'd send mine, but I'm on the wrong side of 'the pond' to make shipping it a viable option... need it to ship a pin to me in Europe, so it needs the heat treated stamp as this pallet has and also needs to be the same size for practical reasons (it's being packed indoors, and needs to fit through a doorway after packing). Thanks a lot!!

#6263 5 months ago

Its super easy. Just uninstall the original launch button, install the new, there is a new board that attaches inside the cabinet near the left flipper, then a single cable that connects to the the ball launch switch on the playfield. Took less than 5 minutes.

No. I did not. I just purchase the metal pushings

Thanks. And as far as “modes” shown on the button, is it fair to say it’s these three?

- normal ball launch
- during standard play
- bowling ball launch

#6264 5 months ago

Had an early achiever edition that I was constantly getting can not find proc errors on . Bought a new main board and installed which holds the mini boards in tighter . Problem solved . Barry and crew always provide great customer service and keep the communication . Can’t wait to buy their Back to the Future .

#6265 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Had an early achiever edition that I was constantly getting can not find proc errors on . Bought a new main board and installed which holds the mini boards in tighter . Problem solved . Barry and crew always provide great customer service and keep the communication . Can’t wait to buy their Back to the Future .

I heard the next pin is "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"

#6266 5 months ago

For those who are inquiring about which flipper kits and parts to order for your machines feel free to send me a message, I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

John
Precision Pinball Products

#6267 5 months ago

Just received my tbl today and got it set up tonight.

Having an issue where when the ball is in the shooter lane, if you press the right flipper the upper pf lighting flickers and has a little wobble. And if you press the left flipper the lighting around the rug does the same

But is fine when the ball is in play

#6268 5 months ago
Quoted from Scott-UK:

Having an issue where when the ball is in the shooter lane, if you press the right flipper the upper pf lighting flickers and has a little wobble. And if you press the left flipper the lighting around the rug does the same

That's part of the skill shot options... right flipper lights bowling skill shot and left lights rug skill shot...

#6269 5 months ago
Quoted from Scott-UK:

Just received my tbl today and got it set up tonight.
But is fine when the ball is in play

What you are seeing is as intended. If you push the right flipper during launch the skill shot will be at the MPF and MPF flickers to indicate this. Left flipper hitting the rig is the skill shore.

So, nothing wrong, just enjoy !!

#6270 5 months ago

Just got mine today after the long wait. One of the decals has significant bubbling and what looks like a big crease running across it vertically. Decals are a bummer, but the bigger issue is the playfield is EXTREMELY tight fit. It took a ton of force to get it to come loose to lift and was really difficult to get the clamps back in. Not seeing any obvious cause or fix. Don’t want to end up breaking something forcing it in and out.

Have played the game a few hours….man is it fun.

#6271 5 months ago
Quoted from JSC:

Just got mine today after the long wait. One of the decals has significant bubbling and what looks like a big crease running across it vertically. Decals are a bummer, but the bigger issue is the playfield is EXTREMELY tight fit. It took a ton of force to get it to come loose to lift and was really difficult to get the clamps back in. Not seeing any obvious cause or fix. Don’t want to end up breaking something forcing it in and out.

The decal crease is a bummer! Maybe DP can send a replacement, but then you've got the task of applying it... re the tight playfield, mine is also tight, but not as tight as yours by the sound of it... on mine it helps to push the playfield backwards at the same time as lifting it or lowering it... the question is, what to push on... I use the formed chrome 'ball-blocker' next to the apron... if that doesn't help enough you could try filing some off the front edge of the hooks/latches that go into the slots...?

#6272 5 months ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

That's part of the skill shot options... right flipper lights bowling skill shot and left lights rug skill shot...

Quoted from Rensh:

What you are seeing is as intended. If you push the right flipper during launch the skill shot will be at the MPF and MPF flickers to indicate this. Left flipper hitting the rig is the skill shore.
So, nothing wrong, just enjoy !!

Ah, makes sense now. Thanks both

#6273 5 months ago
Quoted from JSC:

Have played the game a few hours….man is it fun.

Also check if your cabinet is square, mine was slightly out of alignment likely from shipping. Just had a friend help push it back to square and the playfield was no longer an issue.

#6274 5 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

For those who are inquiring about which flipper kits and parts to order for your machines feel free to send me a message, I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
John
Precision Pinball Products

John was very helpful in helping me determine which set to purchase. Thanks - Ryan

#6275 5 months ago

Quick question on the big Lebowski back glass. Where does the plug go in the back box? Let me know. Thanks

#6276 5 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

Quick question on the big Lebowski back glass. Where does the plug go in the back box? Let me know. Thanks

See service faq page 190

https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support.php

#6277 5 months ago

Here is a photo. I am always getting confused so I archived a pic on my phone so I could remember… lol

IMG_6932 (resized).jpegIMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
#6278 5 months ago

Whelp. I got the game into my house but despite my best efforts I accidentally scuffed and scratched the sides of the backbox getting it through the door of my basement. I'm pretty gutted, as one of the scratches is deep. Hoping I can get some replacement decals or something but I figure I just took a big hit to the resale value should I ever get rid of it (although I don't plan on doing that anytime soon). Still plays great with barely any setup needed. Just wasn't the start I was hoping to have with this extraordinary game.

Also, didn't get the starry apron I ordered for some reason, but I reached out to support about that one.

20231113_204211 (resized).jpg20231113_204211 (resized).jpg
#6279 5 months ago
Quoted from Heisfranzkafka:

Whelp. I got the game into my house but despite my best efforts I accidentally scuffed and scratched the sides of the backbox getting it through the door of my basement. I'm pretty gutted, as one of the scratches is deep. Hoping I can get some replacement decals or something but I figure I just took a big hit to the resale value should I ever get rid of it (although I don't plan on doing that anytime soon). Still plays great with barely any setup needed. Just wasn't the start I was hoping to have with this extraordinary game.
Also, didn't get the starry apron I ordered for some reason, but I reached out to support about that one.
[quoted image]

That's a horrible feeling, but don't sweat it and just enjoy the game . However if it does bother you you can actually pick up decals from Dutch Pinball themselves: https://www.dutchpinball.com/specials (not cheap sadly, but maybe they'd separate out just the one you need).
decals (resized).pngdecals (resized).png

Congrats on the new game!

#6280 5 months ago
Quoted from Heisfranzkafka:

[quoted image]

That’s a real bummer We do sell decals per piece eg no need to buy a complete set.

Will answer to your email later today.

#6282 5 months ago

I reached out to DP and Cointaker and it's all getting sorted out. Great customer service from both.

I was able to put the sadness aside and be reminded why I bought the game in the first place. It was and still is the most fun I ever had playing pinball. I freaking love this game! It also works perfectly right out of the box.

#6283 5 months ago

Arrived the day before my birthday! Best timing ever!

IMG_4710 (resized).jpegIMG_4710 (resized).jpegIMG_4711 (resized).jpegIMG_4711 (resized).jpeg
#6284 5 months ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:Arrived the day before my birthday! Best timing ever!

Playing TBL in Hawaii sounds great!

#6285 5 months ago
IMG_4727 (resized).pngIMG_4727 (resized).png
#6286 5 months ago
IMG_4727 (resized).jpegIMG_4727 (resized).jpeg
#6287 5 months ago

Flippers seem a little sluggish as others have described……

#6288 5 months ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Flippers seem a little sluggish as others have described……

Fans will fix it

#6289 5 months ago

Is that Dick Dastardly’s Mean Machine in the background? Also, do you sell real estate in Portland when you’re not playing pinball in Hawaii?

#6290 5 months ago
Quoted from MR-808:

Is that Dick Dastardly’s Mean Machine in the background? Also, do you sell real estate in Portland when you’re not playing pinball in Hawaii?

I don’t remember which one that is, but it’s not dicks.
And no, I do not sell real estate in Portland. Just thought the name was wacky
It’s an alias my brother and I have used for years.
I am not the real billy grippo.

This is the real billy……

IMG_4730 (resized).jpegIMG_4730 (resized).jpeg
#6291 5 months ago

Billygrippo A set of these will cure your sluggish flipper issues.

The Big L (resized).pngThe Big L (resized).png
#6292 5 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Billygrippo A set of these will cure your sluggish flipper issues.
[quoted image]

I know a guy… simply gorgeous…

IMG_4339 (resized).jpegIMG_4339 (resized).jpeg
#6293 4 months ago

Here’s another reason to rewatch the movie. Donnie isn’t real! He is a figment of Walter’s imagination. Notice no one, not even The Dude, ever really acknowledges him in any way. Only Walter. Conspiracy theory I know but being a fan of this movie for so long I liked watching it from an interesting perspective lol. Cheers Dudes

72185796116__7CCB2818-DA73-4896-8325-551844AEF902 (resized).jpeg72185796116__7CCB2818-DA73-4896-8325-551844AEF902 (resized).jpeg
#6294 4 months ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Here’s another reason to rewatch the movie. Donnie isn’t real! He is a figment of Walter’s imagination. Notice no one, not even The Dude, ever really acknowledges him in any way. Only Walter. Conspiracy theory I know but being a fan of this movie for so long I liked watching it from an interesting perspective lol. Cheers Dudes
[quoted image]

Mind blown.

#6295 4 months ago

What about the folders can with his ashes….

#6296 4 months ago

"Phone's ringing dude."

"Thank you Donnie."

#6297 4 months ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Donnie isn’t real! He is a figment of Walter’s imagination. Notice no one, not even The Dude, ever really acknowledges him in any way. Only Walter.

Ah, no. We only need to get to the very first scene with the Dude, Walter, and Donny at the bowling alley to watch a “figment” get a strike and then ask, “What tied the room together, Dude?” with the Dude then answering, “My rug.” Moments later Donny asks Walter, “What the fuck is he talking about?” and the Dude again answers “My rug.” 8:29 into the film and the “figment of imagination” theory has already been shot down 2-3 times.

IMG_5394 (resized).jpegIMG_5394 (resized).jpeg

IMG_5395 (resized).jpegIMG_5395 (resized).jpeg

In another scene, Donny asks, “Where you going, Dude?” The Dude replies, “I’m going home, Donny.” Donny says, “Phone’s ringing, Dude.” The Dude replies, “Thank you, Donny.”

The Dude and Walter leave an empty seat between them when sitting at the bar — because it makes conversation easier?

Every scene with the three of them at the bowling alley begins with us watching a figment throw his ball? And we even get to watch a figment’s ball return?

A figment of imagination falls down during the fight with the Nihilists? To which we hear the Dude say, “Oh, God. They shot him, man.” And a moment later, the Dude says, “Are you shot, Donny?”

Walter and the Dude are at the mortuary to collect the remains of a figment of imagination? $180 for a receptacle to hold what? The Dude asks, “Can’t we just rent it from you?” Later, the Dude says, “Man, don’t you have, you know, something else we can put him in?”

“And so, Theodore Donald Kerabatsos, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal remains to the bosom of the Pacific Ocean which you loved so well. Good night, sweet prince.”

The ashes blown all over the Dude aren’t real?

“Oh, shit, Dude. I’m sorry.”

In the closing scene, the Stranger says, “I didn’t like seeing Donny go.” Who? The figment of Walter’s imagination?

#6298 4 months ago

Way to piss on his rug.

#6299 4 months ago
lebow (resized).jpglebow (resized).jpg
#6300 4 months ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

[quoted image]

They both spread his ashes in the film. This is wack.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 210.00
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,267 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/126?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.