flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 146.
#5751 10 months ago
Quoted from JToeps:

The preorder club has the latest dates. Mine just shipped, ordered 14 months ago.

Congratulations (:

#5752 10 months ago

Gotta call them not email. Figure 1.5 yr wait

#5753 10 months ago

Wow. I didn’t think it would still be so long. I know that they make around 500 a year that would mean their waiting list is around 700 deep still.

#5754 10 months ago

I hate to complain about my TBL, but after the recent updates whenever I get a multiball the ball gates stay open on ball launch and I get so many balls going SDTM . I am not enjoying the multiball anymore. Is there anyway to send the balls to the pops to slow down the action. The only other thing I can think of is the diverter gadget installed on the siderail like I have for the Donny lane shot. Anyone know if that guy is still selling them? Can't find his info.
Thanks

#5755 10 months ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I hate to complain about my TBL, but after the recent updates whenever I get a multiball the ball gates stay open on ball launch and I get so many balls going SDTM . I am not enjoying the multiball anymore. Is there anyway to send the balls to the pops to slow down the action. The only other thing I can think of is the diverter gadget installed on the siderail like I have for the Donny lane shot. Anyone know if that guy is still selling them? Can't find his info.
Thanks

I think the solution here is not to change ballgate behavior but to make sure a ball coming down the Donny lane doesn’t go SDTM. You are sure you are horizontal level and at a 6.5 degrees pitch? If yes, have you tried bending the ball guide just a little?

#5756 10 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I think the solution here is not to change ballgate behavior but to make sure a ball coming down the Donny lane doesn’t go SDTM. You are sure you are horizontal level and at a 6.5 degrees pitch? If yes, have you tried bending the ball guide just a little?

Ok thanks I will check that out and do a bend if needed.

#5757 10 months ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I checked out the key posts and it had a link to what you are looking for I think

https://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/1088825021/de-big-lebowski-flipperkast-orbit

#5758 10 months ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

You could try taking a slow motion video with your phone and see exactly what's going on when the ball comes down through there. It took me way too long to figure out, but in my case there was a very small burr at the end of the metal ball guide that was kicking the ball out. I just needed to file it down and the issue went away.

#5759 10 months ago

Got my ramp Cliffys. Already sleeping better and they aren’t even installed

0D478BDE-20C3-4E5F-AF04-F8C341BD6811 (resized).jpeg0D478BDE-20C3-4E5F-AF04-F8C341BD6811 (resized).jpeg
#5760 10 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Got my ramp Cliffys. Already sleeping better and they aren’t even installed
[quoted image]

Which reseller did you buy them from please ? I got no response from 'passion for pinball'

#5761 10 months ago

AARP? Hasn’t The Dude been retired for like 40 years?

IMG_1309 (resized).jpegIMG_1309 (resized).jpeg

#5762 10 months ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Which reseller did you buy them from please ? I got no response from 'passion for pinball'

You need to get these direct from the source. Cliff is a great guy, but he’s a one man operation and is slammed with orders. He got back to me after a few days. Just try again if you don’t get a response in a while.

#5763 10 months ago

Bought them from Cliff, always wait patiently but worth it. He's OG pinball and an asset to the community.

#5764 10 months ago

Finally made it into the club, after a 16 month wait!

IMG_20230601_124859341_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230601_124859341_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230601_132724464 (resized).jpgIMG_20230601_132724464 (resized).jpgIMG_20230601_143454126 (resized).jpgIMG_20230601_143454126 (resized).jpg

So far only issue is a sometimes sticky "E" switch roller-over in the Maude shot, which should be able to be taken care of easily.

April 2023 build, so it has the new art playfield, along with the newer board in the back box that allows for the easy addition of mods.

Loving this so far!

#5765 10 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Finally made it into the club, after a 16 month wait!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
So far only issue is a sometimes sticky "E" switch roller-over in the Maude shot, which should be able to be taken care of easily.
April 2023 build, so it has the new art playfield, along with the newer board in the back box that allows for the easy addition of mods.
Loving this so far!

Welcome aboard! It's worth the wait for sure! Not all pins are. I've never regretted my TBL purchase.

#5766 10 months ago

OK how about this as the definition of irony:

I finally received my TBL on Thursday after a 16-month wait. On Friday, I modded it up a bit, putting on Tilt Graphics blades, bowling balls in the ball return, and cpr9999's target stickers. I also needed to make a small adjustment to one of the rollover wires, after which I played a test game and put up the machine's new GC score.

My wife called me up to dinner, and as I was heading up the basement steps, I proceeded to fall, threw out my left hand to brace myself, and promptly fractured a metacarpal.

IMG_20230603_112529154 (resized).jpgIMG_20230603_112529154 (resized).jpg

So now I'm out of commission for 3-4 weeks.

On the plus side, though, I can still operate my cocktail shaker, so I'm good to go for the evening martini (of course, a white Russian is always a possibility. too...).

#5767 10 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

My wife called me up to dinner, and as I was heading up the basement steps, I proceeded to fall, threw out my left hand to brace myself, and promptly fractured a metacarpal.

Man. That really sucks. Heal fast!

#5768 10 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I finally received my TBL on Thursday after a 16-month wait. On Friday, I modded it up a bit, putting on Tilt Graphics blades, bowling balls in the ball return, and cpr9999's target stickers. I also needed to make a small adjustment to one of the rollover wires, after which I played a test game and put up the machine's new GC score.
[quoted image]
On the plus side, though, I can still operate my cocktail shaker, so I'm good to go for the evening martini (of course, a white Russian is always a possibility. too...).

That's a bummer, dude. Get well soon!

#5769 10 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:OK how about this as the definition of irony:
[quoted image]

Bowling mode only takes one hand , your not out of the game completely lol

#5771 10 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

[quoted image]

That’s a real bummer man.

Get healthy soon !!

#5772 10 months ago

Nice auction, man. So much cool stuff.

0DA84AB7-3DDC-45D7-AD0A-5FA910B51F2C.jpeg0DA84AB7-3DDC-45D7-AD0A-5FA910B51F2C.jpeg8DDBE8A7-99AC-44E5-A757-37CC9E729ADC.png8DDBE8A7-99AC-44E5-A757-37CC9E729ADC.pngE0C657A0-0224-423C-93FA-4E38E1BE28AE.jpegE0C657A0-0224-423C-93FA-4E38E1BE28AE.jpeg
#5773 10 months ago

How much is the opto scoop kit?

#5774 10 months ago
Quoted from zucot:

How much is the opto scoop kit?

Eur 100 incl shipping per normal mail. This excl vat if applicable

#5775 10 months ago

got my TBL today! So extremely cool

two questions, a photo would be appreciated if possible if a control exists

how do you turn down the cabinet woofer, hoping there is a sub output pot on the sound board?? There are no frequency related setting in the OS and my bass is so strong I'd swear I have a shaker motor!

Mine is a relatively new build February 2023

thanks!

#5776 10 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

got my TBL today! So extremely cool
two questions, a photo would be appreciated if possible if a control exists
how do you turn down the cabinet woofer, hoping there is a sub output pot on the sound board?? There are no frequency related setting in the OS and my bass is so strong I'd swear I have a shaker motor!
Mine is a relatively new build February 2023
thanks!

Page 192 of the Technical Support Manual. Located in the backbox.

IMG_1182.jpegIMG_1182.jpeg
#5777 10 months ago

perfect, thanks!

#5778 10 months ago

OK next one

the coin mechs ??

help with this, there seems to be a huge open gap between the mech where the coin goes in and the actual coin switch which is hard connected at the bottom to the coin door.

If I put a quarter in, ti just flys out into no where and doesn't go through the switch, what is missing here?

the coin switches work but they seem "removed" from the insert

hoping something simple I am missing

mike

#5779 10 months ago

Different countries require different mechs. I got two of these, assuming they work.

https://www.pinballlife.com/25-cent-standard-coin-mech.html

#5780 10 months ago

So it doesn't come with mechs installed then?

thanks

#5781 10 months ago

assuming, meaning you have not installed yet ??

#5782 10 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

So it doesn't come with mechs installed then?
thanks

That's correct. TBL comes with no coin mechanisms installed. You will need to add them.

I had a couple of older ones that I removed from other pins and they worked out fine.

#5783 10 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

assuming, meaning you have not installed yet ??

correct, they are in the mail (along with a cash box + lid) but I just threw in a coin mech from one of my Sterns and it works. Had to adjust the switch arm a bit, but a 5 minute operation.

(I'm sure this isn't rigorously tested at the factory, with cause!)

#5784 10 months ago

yes, I just moved one of my sterns into TBL and it works. simple

hey, Im snuggling finding settings to allow high scores to be captured, initials entered, etc ??

can you advise - I found where to delete all high scores, but then I play a game and it doesn't have me enter initials

do you have to use the profile stuff to be able to save/show high scores, I'm struggling a bit with that

thanks!

#5785 10 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

yes, I just moved one of my sterns into TBL and it works. simple
hey, Im snuggling finding settings to allow high scores to be captured, initials entered, etc ??
can you advise - I found where to delete all high scores, but then I play a game and it doesn't have me enter initials
do you have to use the profile stuff to be able to save/show high scores, I'm struggling a bit with that
thanks!

Easiest way for home use is to make player profiles. In the operational manual, downloadable from DP website, there is a section dedicated to this. Read it for better understanding.

#5786 10 months ago
Quoted from JToeps:

correct, they are in the mail (along with a cash box + lid) but I just threw in a coin mech from one of my Sterns and it works. Had to adjust the switch arm a bit, but a 5 minute operation.
(I'm sure this isn't rigorously tested at the factory, with cause!)

what coin box/lid did you order ?

my stern box does not it, when I tested - too deep

thanks!

#5787 10 months ago

Never tried a coinbox. It’s however made as a WMS style cabinet so assume BW style coin boxes would fit.

#5788 10 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Never tried a coinbox. It’s however made as a WMS style cabinet so assume BW style coin boxes would fit.

ITs really close, but when I put my stern one in - which I think is dimensionally the same as WMs ? the over hang of the lid in back hit/interfered with the bowling mech parts that are right at the cross wood piece, and I thought, better not have that !

thanks

mike

#5789 10 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

BTW, thank you for being so present and helpful on this forum! I am a brand new TBL owner, so this is exceptional support. As a newbie, I am of course learning alot very fast, and very impressed with the machine, well done!

One quick question since you are on right now (bowling related) - I am assuming there are adjustments that can be made and that I will learn, but...

You might be able to9 calm me that I don't have anything significant going on.

when I try to complete a spare - most prevalently on the left side - the ball will clearly hit the pin and yet not register, I know functionally its not about hitting it, but about the code calculating the angle when released, but I don't remember ever experiencing this when playing in the wild, but this seems to be pretty constant of an issue while playing the first couple days

thanks again!

best

mike

#5790 10 months ago

Which display dot style do most of you prefer?

#5791 10 months ago

Hey all. Our Lebowski has been running pretty well after installing the flipper fans, nothing huge or not huge issues (a little ball hang up here and there) but the biggest issue we've been experiencing is that every two to three weeks the game will just completely lock up and the CPU will have to be manually jumped. Check out there technical documents page 147:

https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/support/Technical_Support_TBL_FAQ_Manual.pdf

We have the type three computer. I'm curious if it's safe to just leave a jumper in on the two pins to prevent this locking up from happening? It says "briefly" do this but what's the potential harm in just leaving one on there so it doesn't end up locking up?

#5792 10 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

They are $140 euros from custom pinball on Facebook

Anyone hear from Custom Pinball lately?

#5793 10 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Anyone hear from Custom Pinball lately?

I had messaged them last week and they did get back to me once a few days ago. Responses have been delayed a few days but I got a message! I'm in for the blades but undecided on color. I like the idea of the bright bowling wood, but the darker images match the back playfield a bit better.

Anyone have pics of them installed?

#5794 10 months ago

cpr9999 I order art blades and playfield mats for my Big Lebowski, Toy Story and Wonka from Custom Pinball on Feb 12th and it took till April 20th to receive the art blades but still waiting on playfield mats as of June 9 th. One of the Toy Story art blade had some damage so I contacted Johan right away and he responded the same day. He said he would ship a new art blade with my mats but still waiting. I contacted Johan on May 22nd and haven't heard a word on the rest off my order. The quality of the plexiglass art blades are awesome but the lack of communication and the long wait really sucks.

#5795 10 months ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Hey all. Our Lebowski has been running pretty well after installing the flipper fans, nothing huge or not huge issues (a little ball hang up here and there) but the biggest issue we've been experiencing is that every two to three weeks the game will just completely lock up and the CPU will have to be manually jumped. Check out there technical documents page 147:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/support/Technical_Support_TBL_FAQ_Manual.pdf
We have the type three computer. I'm curious if it's safe to just leave a jumper in on the two pins to prevent this locking up from happening? It says "briefly" do this but what's the potential harm in just leaving one on there so it doesn't end up locking up?

I'd send an email to [email protected] and ask if it can be permanently jumpered. There's gotta be some logic on why "very briefly" is underlined in the manual.

#5796 10 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Eur 100 incl shipping per normal mail. This excl vat if applicable

Is there a link where this can be ordered? Maybe a part number? Sorry if I missed this.

#5797 10 months ago

Where’s the topper Lebowski, we’ll cut off your Johnson!!

#5798 10 months ago
Quoted from JToeps:

I had messaged them last week and they did get back to me once a few days ago. Responses have been delayed a few days but I got a message! I'm in for the blades but undecided on color. I like the idea of the bright bowling wood, but the darker images match the back playfield a bit better.
Anyone have pics of them installed?

I did not know there were 2 options for TBL blades?

If someone can share that would be great.

#5799 10 months ago

Thanks in advance!

proper level for TBL? 6, 6.5, 6.8 ? not stated in manual

thanks

#5800 10 months ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is there a link where this can be ordered? Maybe a part number? Sorry if I missed this.

just sent mail to [email protected] mentioning what you want, tbl serialno and shipping adress.

Payment can be done to [email protected]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/116?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.