IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif
IMG_1769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240410_145717026 (resized).jpg
Install knocker.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1725 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,267 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 146.
#5701 11 months ago

Dudes new shit has come to light, man!

Cliffy’s for The Dude ramp!

Sent my ramp to Cliff and now we have this:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

If you’re concerned about the Dudes ramp entrances just hollar at Cliff!

BF798F49-4471-4969-BD79-7924D0F168E3 (resized).jpegBF798F49-4471-4969-BD79-7924D0F168E3 (resized).jpeg
#5702 11 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

[quoted image]

Thank you for working with him to get them made. This is huge.

#5703 11 months ago

question for those with starry apron -

looks really nice, worth the $600 to get one?

#5704 11 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

looks really nice, worth the $600 to get one?</blockquoTE

I have one on mine, looks really nice and seems to integrate well with the pin. Adds to the show IMHO. It's well done but as far as 600.00 goes I guess it was worth it to me to pull the trigger on it.

#5705 11 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

YES... did I say yes?

#5706 11 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

Yes.

Yeakley music mod update is a game changer. Takes the game to where it should have been all along.

#5707 11 months ago

I got it on mine and if I had to do it again I would not hesitate, it really ties the pin together.

Quoted from mjmpin:

#5708 11 months ago

About 40 plays in and my scoop stopping registering. Basically game stops and only shoots it out on a ball search. Obviously modes from scoop can’t work now. During multiball of two balls get in there have to restart game. It worked perfectly for about 25 games
Then worked intermittently and now not at all - is this common? Switch or connection ? Was going to reach out to cointaker but wasn’t sure if that was a waste of time or not. Any help is appreciated

#5709 11 months ago
Quoted from Tmuster:

About 40 plays in and my scoop stopping registering. Basically game stops and only shoots it out on a ball search. Obviously modes from scoop can’t work now. During multiball of two balls get in there have to restart game. It worked perfectly for about 25 games
Then worked intermittently and now not at all - is this common? Switch or connection ? Was going to reach out to cointaker but wasn’t sure if that was a waste of time or not. Any help is appreciated

Maintenance TBL thread has a lot of scoop posts. There's a "most likely" one linked in the topic index of that thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread

(click TOPIC INDEX there and look for the TECH:PLAYFIELD entries)

Sounds like either a lip you need to address, or the arm on the detection switch has bent down so it's not registering and needs to be bent up again (if you don't have the opto version that came later).

#5710 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maintenance TBL thread has a lot of scoop posts. There's a "most likely" one linked in the topic index of that thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread
(click TOPIC INDEX there and look for the TECH:PLAYFIELD entries)
Sounds like either a lip you need to address, or the arm on the detection switch has bent down so it's not registering and needs to be bent up again (if you don't have the opto version that came later).

Game is two months old so should have opto now you’re saying ? Not getting any error with it or the scoop. Maybe it is a lip

#5711 11 months ago
Quoted from Tmuster:

Game is two months old so should have opto now you’re saying ? Not getting any error with it or the scoop. Maybe it is a lip

Easy enough to look and see if there's an opto or a switch on it. If not that, then lip is the next thing to check/correct.

#5712 11 months ago
Quoted from Tmuster:

As others have mentioned, check if you have an optoscoop or a mechanical switch mounted.

If mechanical switch likely some adjustment is needed.

If optoscoop, than sent mail to [email protected] with tbl serialno and shipping adress. We take it from there than.

#5713 11 months ago

Was time to remind myself why I started with this hobby, joy of playing. And the strong social aspect of our hobby.

So, gave myself a ‘present’. Swapped IMdn pro for GZ Premium. Tough choice but sticked to Keith Elwin at least. Last time I did a change in setup was like 18 months ago and I noticed weeks would pass without playing my own games (played only at friends places). Guess that’s the dark side of ‘working’ in the hobby

I know it’s not tbl related but wanted to share it anyway. A refreshment of the collection hopefully brings back the joy in playing by just myself.

Also, leave on summerholiday this Wednesday . Guess next picture & support from me will be likely from an Indonesian beach

IMG_7634 (resized).jpegIMG_7634 (resized).jpegIMG_7655 (resized).jpegIMG_7655 (resized).jpegIMG_7656 (resized).jpegIMG_7656 (resized).jpeg
#5714 11 months ago

Working on my topper… needs a few more bits and some lighting. Would love to get a full size prop White Russian in a rocks glass to park on the left side there, under the pin.

IMG_4568 (resized).jpegIMG_4568 (resized).jpeg

IMG_4571 (resized).jpegIMG_4571 (resized).jpeg
#5715 11 months ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Working on my topper… needs a few more bits and some lighting. Would love to get a full size prop White Russian in a rocks glass to park on the left side there, under the pin.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Have on on Etsy I think for $70.

#5716 10 months ago

New owner here, love the game and see what the hype was about!

I've tried to find out if anyone has a fix for an issue I'm having, and can't find anything so I'll ask fellow owners here.

On a quick drain, the ball is not being given back. I hear it trying to load a ball, and it just clicks and then goes to ball 2/3. I am also having random loss of flippers for a second or two, then they come back. Could these issues be related?
And at other times, it seems to struggle loading a ball and just keeps trying.
Thanks in advance

#5717 10 months ago
Quoted from dmess:

New owner here, love the game and see what the hype was about!
I've tried to find out if anyone has a fix for an issue I'm having, and can't find anything so I'll ask fellow owners here.
On a quick drain, the ball is not being given back. I hear it trying to load a ball, and it just clicks and then goes to ball 2/3. I am also having random loss of flippers for a second or two, then they come back. Could these issues be related?
And at other times, it seems to struggle loading a ball and just keeps trying.
Thanks in advance

Sounds to me like your machine is not pitched and or leveled properly. Having a machine leaning to one side or the other can affect a number of things. In this instance the balls not sitting in the trough properly to break the opto and register the drain. Then the trough kicker is not hitting the balls on center and just glancing off. Just a guess. Get a small bubble level that fits between the slingshots.

#5718 10 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

[quoted image]

Dude!!!

I need this! My left ramp is shit!!! Bounces around like anything.

Thanks so much for doing this.

127C1145-FC03-489E-BCC5-CEB68EB51FFC (resized).jpeg127C1145-FC03-489E-BCC5-CEB68EB51FFC (resized).jpeg215FCAF6-1220-42AD-BEA8-C8BB0F21EF71 (resized).jpeg215FCAF6-1220-42AD-BEA8-C8BB0F21EF71 (resized).jpeg
#5719 10 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Dude!!!
I need this! My left ramp is shit!!! Bounces around like anything.
Thanks so much for doing this. [quoted image][quoted image]

I’m can’t get ahold of cliffy to order. Idk what’s up.

#5720 10 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

I’m can’t get ahold of cliffy to order. Idk what’s up.

Make sure you hit both emails on his webpage and then be patient, he'll get back to you. He just replied back to me after about a week and said he's slammed, and still working on orders from December. Warned me that my order could take awhile.

#5721 10 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Make sure you hit both emails on his webpage and then be patient, he'll get back to you. He just replied back to me after about a week and said he's slammed, and still working on orders from December. Warned me that my order could take awhile.

Ok. Needs to hire help. Five months is kind of nuts.

#5722 10 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Ok. Needs to hire help. Five months is kind of nuts.

I joked with him about hiring help a couple of years ago. Guess it never happened. That guy needs to live forever.

#5723 10 months ago

He seems like a really nice guy whose products got very popular very fast and he's just trying to keep up. Not to mention, they're extremely well made items. That being said, I'm surprised that there aren't more folks in the marketplace making similar products.

#5724 10 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

He seems like a really nice guy whose products got very popular very fast and he's just trying to keep up. Not to mention, they're extremely well made items. That being said, I'm surprised that there aren't more folks in the marketplace making similar products.

I like to think it's respect for the protector OG. He originated the category decades ago. It's his, IMO (at least for the aftermarket. Stern and other manufacturers ripped him off without even a thank you, but that's a different story).

Plus, it's a pretty specific skillset to turn out stainless steel parts at his level.

#5725 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Plus, it's a pretty specific skillset to turn out stainless steel parts at his level.

I think this is exactly why. Anybody can use a 3D printer, but I would bet very few can produce what he does with the level of precision needed. My comment was simply based off the sheer volume of folks producing aftermarket parts for pins these days. Copycats popup all the time as I'm sure you know.

#5726 10 months ago

Guy in Portugal on eBay already ripped him off. Just about half price and in stock. He’s selling thousands on there and 100% feedback.

I like cliffy but when I get a new game I need the parts right away not 6 months. I started just using Mylar in lane. Cheaper anyways.

#5727 10 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Guy in Portugal on eBay already ripped him off. Just about half price and in stock. He’s selling thousands on there and 100% feedback.
I like cliffy but when I get a new game I need the parts right away not 6 months. I started just using Mylar in lane. Cheaper anyways.

I looked up the stuff you're talking about. Here's the STTNG Neutral Zone hole protector. It's a bad ripoff of Cliff's work with cheap grained stainless - you can still see the grain. Sharp edges, thicker metal - the guy just cut a bunch of corners to make a cheap "good enough" ripoff. I wouldn't be a customer for something like that even if it wasn't a complete rip of Cliffy's work.

Cliffy on the left, the ripoff one in Portugal on the right. No thanks.

Ripoff-STTNG-compare (resized).jpgRipoff-STTNG-compare (resized).jpg

#5728 10 months ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Sounds to me like your machine is not pitched and or leveled properly. Having a machine leaning to one side or the other can affect a number of things. In this instance the balls not sitting in the trough properly to break the opto and register the drain. Then the trough kicker is not hitting the balls on center and just glancing off. Just a guess. Get a small bubble level that fits between the slingshots.

Thanks for the reply. I checked level, all good.

While playing last night, I noticed the main issue is the flippers are cutting out for 2-4 seconds. This is happening often now. They come back, but by then I've drained and it ruins my game. The ball ejection issues still happen, it's like for each ball sent into shooter lane, it needs 3-4 strikes to get it there.

The flippers cutting out is maddening!

Any ideas anyone?

#5729 10 months ago

Need some clarity on under cabinet LEDs for my TBL.

pin is being shipped, I don't have it in hand yet, but wish to order the mez mods LEDS, which I have on all my machines lined up at home.

Can someone advise what is needed for power tap on TBL, what connector type? is the source going to be 5V or 12V? since there is not a dutch pinball option on their site, thought Id ask before calling them. not sure if I should just order the stern/spike version or if there is a better option.

I have no concerns changing or adding connector, just not sure what the interface will be on TBL ??

thanks!

Mike

#5730 10 months ago

Also, a previous question that I'm not sure got answered yet...

does the playfield on TBL come out easily - similar to the new Sterns? Or is it fixed the cabinet in a different way that makes it not likely that one can disconnect a couple cables & just lift it out?

thanks much!

#5731 10 months ago

You could probably use this one for TBL since its not connected to the game. There is no undercab lighting option for TBL that will work with the gamecode if thats what you desire.

https://mezelmods.com/products/basic-under-cabinet-lighting-kit-universal?_pos=8&_sid=5f3b3086b&_ss=r

Quoted from mjmpin:

Need some clarity on under cabinet LEDs for my TBL.
pin is being shipped, I don't have it in hand yet, but wish to order the mez mods LEDS, which I have on all my machines lined up at home.
Can someone advise what is needed for power tap on TBL, what connector type? is the source going to be 5V or 12V? since there is not a dutch pinball option on their site, thought Id ask before calling them. not sure if I should just order the stern/spike version or if there is a better option.
I have no concerns changing or adding connector, just not sure what the interface will be on TBL ??
thanks!
Mike

#5732 10 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You could probably use this one for TBL since its not connected to the game. There is no undercab lighting option for TBL that will work with the gamecode if thats what you desire.
https://mezelmods.com/products/basic-under-cabinet-lighting-kit-universal?_pos=8&_sid=5f3b3086b&_ss=r

Thanks, no not looking for game interaction, just what type of connector/splitter to tap into power for the LEDs and whether both 5v and 12v are readily available

thanks

#5733 10 months ago

Ok Dudes, here’s the installed look and more importantly the feel & protection.
Those exposed entrances that close to opto holes concerned me from day one opening the box. Also I would get my share of ‘rattled out airballs’ that would often lead to the ball getting stuck in 3 different places along the left side of the game. I need to put a lot more test games on it but my initial feel is that the ramp entrance is way sturdier now man. The added strength should guide the ball on up instead of shaking it out like the Dude trying not to spill a Treehorn spiked Caucasian.

IMG_5554 (resized).jpegIMG_5554 (resized).jpegIMG_5555 (resized).jpegIMG_5555 (resized).jpegIMG_5556 (resized).jpegIMG_5556 (resized).jpegIMG_5557 (resized).jpegIMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
#5734 10 months ago
Quoted from dmess:

Thanks for the reply. I checked level, all good.
While playing last night, I noticed the main issue is the flippers are cutting out for 2-4 seconds. This is happening often now. They come back, but by then I've drained and it ruins my game. The ball ejection issues still happen, it's like for each ball sent into shooter lane, it needs 3-4 strikes to get it there.
The flippers cutting out is maddening!
Any ideas anyone?

Check to see if your trough upkicker coil/post is striking the center of the ball. The ball waiting to be launched into the shooter lane should come to rest in a round hole then the coil plunger/post should hit it dead center from underneath. If not you might have to shim it with a couple washers where the coil bracket mounts.

#5735 10 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Those exposed entrances that close to opto holes concerned me from day one opening the box. Also I would get my share of ‘rattled out airballs’ that would often lead to the ball getting stuck in 3 different places along the left side of the game. I need to put a lot more test games on it but my initial feel is that the ramp entrance is way sturdier now man. The added strength should guide the ball on up instead of shaking it out like the Dude trying not to spill a Treehorn spiked Caucasian.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, yeah mine bounces around like anything. The ramps are the flimsiest part of the game. Can’t wait to get these. They should be stock.

#5736 10 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

Thanks, no not looking for game interaction, just what type of connector/splitter to tap into power for the LEDs and whether both 5v and 12v are readily available
thanks

If you are getting a new game of current production I expect that there is a power distribution board in the backbox which has several options to attach mods. Also present is a very common IDC-molex header as used in pinball.

This board is also described in the latest service faq version I uploaded on Monday.

IMG_7046.jpegIMG_7046.jpeg
#5737 10 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

If you are getting a new game of current production I expect that there is a power distribution board in the backbox which has several options to attach mods. Also present is a very common IDC-molex header as used in pinball.
This board is also described in the latest service faq version I uploaded on Monday.
[quoted image]

That’s amazing that you embrace the fact folks will mod their games and give them a safe and convenient way to do it. Multiple connector options and all fused as well. It’s obvious you guys are pinball enthusiasts!

#5738 10 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

[quoted image]

So when is the topper going to be announced? Spill the beans already!

#5739 10 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks great- I think my dude ramp is already cracked at the bottom. Are you planning on selling these?

#5740 10 months ago
Quoted from brooklynsystems:

This looks great- I think my dude ramp is already cracked at the bottom. Are you planning on selling these?

Cliffy makes and sells them. You can see them here:

http://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#5741 10 months ago

Four your info: Just arrived at Bali for 3 week summer holiday so if the answers from support take a little longer ….

And, they didn’t accept my TBL as hand luggage at the airport

So, answers will have to come from memory and pictures I have only

And Barry is still at the office. Poor Barry

IMG_7759 (resized).jpegIMG_7759 (resized).jpeg
#5742 10 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Just arrived at Bali for 3 week summer holiday

Nice! Enjoy.

#5743 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cliffy makes and sells them. You can see them here:
http://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Thank you PinMonk
TBL is my most beloved and most played location game in Brooklyn (Rullo's is the name of the bar)

#5744 10 months ago

I’m in San Francisco. I found it!

IMG_6701 (resized).jpegIMG_6701 (resized).jpeg
#5745 10 months ago

I just joined the club yesterday. Happy to be here!

77520 (resized).jpeg77520 (resized).jpeg
#5746 10 months ago

Does anyone have an ETA if I preorder now? Cointaker doesn’t bother answering my emails.

#5747 10 months ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Does anyone have an ETA if I preorder now? Cointaker doesn’t bother answering my emails.

Dutch really needs another distributor or multiple non-exclusive distributors in the US. This is par for the course with Cointaker, and really sucks when there's no other dist that works harder to give your business to.

#5748 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dutch really needs another distributor or multiple non-exclusive distributors in the US. This is par for the course with Cointaker, and really sucks when there's no other dist that works harder to give your business to.

I think I emailed them maybe 5 times over a 2 year period and they answered me once with a one word answer. They really must not need the business

#5749 10 months ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

I think I emailed them maybe 5 times over a 2 year period and they answered me once with a one word answer. They really must not need the business

A tale as old as time where Cointaker is concerned, I'm afraid.

#5750 10 months ago

The preorder club has the latest dates. Mine just shipped, ordered 14 months ago.

Quoted from acupunk12:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 22.50
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,267 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/115?hl=ray-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.