IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif
IMG_1769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240410_145717026 (resized).jpg
Install knocker.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1725 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,267 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 146.
#5601 11 months ago
Quoted from Dav_59_fr:

Plexi blades from Custom Pinball (France)
https://www.facebook.com/custompinball
And few mods from cpr9999
And the playlist from JYEAKLEY
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just received mine - did you drill/cut a hole for the hinge bolts or did you just put this right over?

#5602 11 months ago

Finally got a chance to play a TBL tonight and I absolutely loved it!

The left ramp was really hard to make. Is that common?

It would either go up and lose power and roll back out, or it seemed to also be hitting the diverter and rejecting.

Is this a problem, or just something on the specific game?

#5603 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

It would either go up and lose power and roll back out, or it seemed to also be hitting the diverter and rejecting.

That shouldn't be an issue...I've had mine for a few years now and never had that issue. I've actually lowered the flipper power a bit on mine. The right ramp requires a fairly clean shot but the flippers should have plenty of power to hit all the shots

#5604 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What I have experienced is that sometime issues are caused because the playfield window isn’t flush with the playfield. Ball jumps than in the ramp causing a problem.

#5605 11 months ago
Quoted from Dexter:

I just received mine - did you drill/cut a hole for the hinge bolts or did you just put this right over?

I got mine too and have the same question?

#5606 11 months ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I got mine too and have the same question?

He just responded to a post I had on Facebook and said put it on with Bolt removed and then drill 11mm hole and reattach bolt.

#5607 11 months ago

I realize this is a loaded question on this forum, but I’m looking for experienced opinions and advice. I am either ordering a TBL, or if rumors are correct, waiting for CGC to remake Twilight Zone. To be honest, I’ve never played TBL, but I love the movie/theme. Thoughts? Many Thanks!

FFADE9CB-A184-4398-9676-5A0E1E1C6D2B (resized).jpegFFADE9CB-A184-4398-9676-5A0E1E1C6D2B (resized).jpeg
#5608 11 months ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I realize this is a loaded question on this forum, but I’m looking for experienced opinions and advice. I am either ordering a TBL, or if rumors are correct, waiting for CGC to remake Twilight Zone. To be honest, I’ve never played TBL, but I love the movie/theme. Thoughts? Many Thanks!
[quoted image]

I've waited over a year and a half for a Cactus Canyon LE, still don't have it. Once they're done with those, then they're running Pulp Fiction. With no official announcement, I wouldn't count on getting a TZr for years, if they ever do remake them. Point being you can enjoy a TBL way sooner and worry about TZ years from now.

As far as game play goes, the machine is flat out fun. Great theme integration, rule set that is just deep enough to be challenging without being overwhelmingly deep, both an upper and lower play-field that are well integrated into the game, great video assets and sound, a beautiful, very well built machine, and top-notch back-end support. If I were you, I'd find one on the pinball map app and go play it. You'll probably end up ordering one!

#5609 11 months ago

Have an issue with updating to the newest 1.12 code. Getting "system program problem detected", with no way to dismiss the message.

We do not have any way to get internet at the location the game is at. I put a thumb drive with 1.12 code on it. Inserted it and becuase we have the very first revision SSD drive it is very small. I did not read up on the changes and ended up deleting 1.10 and quickly found the code required a base level of 1.10. At this point I stared seeing that white box.

Today with only 0.58 running, I installed 1.10 first, selected and booted into it, then applied the 1.12 update.

After machine is up and running for about 3 minutes this message appears.

Any ideas?

0425231856_HDR (resized).jpg0425231856_HDR (resized).jpg

#5610 11 months ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Have an issue with updating to the newest 1.12 code. Getting "system program problem detected", with no way to dismiss the message.
We do not have any way to get internet at the location the game is at. I put a thumb drive with 1.12 code on it. Inserted it and becuase we have the very first revision SSD drive it is very small. I did not read up on the changes and ended up deleting 1.10 and quickly found the code required a base level of 1.10. At this point I stared seeing that white box.
Today with only 0.58 running, I installed 1.10 first, selected and booted into it, then applied the 1.12 update.
Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Plug a usb mouse in backbox and press cancel.

#5611 11 months ago

It just comes back....

#5612 11 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

After the introduction of the so-called limiters, which makes sure the pin doesn’t hit the metal rod behind them, the amount of complaints dropped to practically zero. So, stronger pins, with which we have experimented also but weren’t the solution, are not needed.

When were these limiters introduced?
All my pins are still hanging in there but I have found a bunch of chipped little pieces of plastic down in that bowling playfield and eventually at the bottom of the cabinet.

#5613 11 months ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Thanks. Basement clearance is tight. Couldn’t find that info. Excited to own this machine for a second time and hopeful build quality has improved and new code is amazing.

I also have a very low ceiling in my basement, no toppers allowed (except on my brand newTNA).

I've noticed that my TBL is slightly taller than my old WPC games when lifting the playfield. Small difference of maybe 1-2 cm but enough that I cannot fully raise the playfield to lean it onto backbox...

#5614 11 months ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Any ideas?
[quoted image]

See page 173 of the service faq.

Has nothing to do with update 112. Just coincidence I think.

Also, you need level 101 to update to 112, not 110. But, guess that’s just a typo.

Also next service faq will have a section dedicated how-to restore an image of the new OS with a download link of a 111 image. In the past only new SSD would be supplied but that policy has changed

The new OS will also take care of your system error message. Would suggest however you get yourself a 128G SSD, they cost just like usd 20-25 I think.

#5615 11 months ago

In the meantime is there a password so we can get rid of that error until I can get a new drive?

#5616 11 months ago

Happy King’s Day to our Dutch friends!

#5617 11 months ago

The only thing better than finally getting the TBL is putting a Herbert topper on it. The custom toppers he made are just perfect for that machine. Just a shout out to the artist.

#5618 11 months ago

Working on my custom topper. Real pins, vintage shoes same size he wore in move and vintage coffee can.

IMG_6589 (resized).jpegIMG_6589 (resized).jpeg
#5619 11 months ago

Yes and the blue lid. Look forward to seeing it after you finish with it

#5620 11 months ago

I should say mounted not finished my bad.

#5621 11 months ago
Quoted from seah2os:

[quoted image]

Buy a TBL, used HUO are available from time to time. Play it, have fun and sell it in some years *IF* CGC builds TZ.
So far Europe is waiting for CCr and than next year PF should show up.
So TZ will pop up with some luck end of 2024. No reason to have the money at the bank .. just buy a TBL .

#5622 11 months ago

Just in case anybody is wondering about buying this game and reading this thread for clues on how well it holds up:

My TBL is on location at The Pinball Co-op. It's only played twice per week, Wed & Fri 6-10. It has 4500 plays on it, and I've owned it since May of last year.

-- The #4 and #6 pins down below both broke. dp sent free replacements.
-- The plastic on the right stand up target on the dude ramp broke. New target installed with ease.

As far as what broke due to usage, that's it. I had one of the games with a bad upper playfield board and dp sent a new one. I also have chipping and pooling as I'm one of those 100 games to have a bad playfield, but dp is also giving me the option to buy a new one at a significantly reduced value.

All in all, pretty solid machine considering all the moving parts that are in it. It is holding up as well as a Stern would. Great world under glass. The value you're getting for 13k is MORE than the value you're getting for a Stern LE. It's not even close, and I have a FFLE coming my way.

Thanks dutch! Love it!

#5623 11 months ago

Hey TBL owners. Hoping somebody can confirm if pre existing mirror blades sets will easily install TBL?

Will blades for Bally / Williams games fit for example?

#5624 11 months ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Hey TBL owners. Hoping somebody can confirm if pre existing mirror blades sets will easily install TBL?
Will blades for Bally / Williams games fit for example?

Yes Williams with steps in back.

#5625 11 months ago

I am happy to inform you that decision has been made, I am gonna visit Chicago Expo in October

Really looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible in person. After so many years of Pinside good to be able to shake hands

Have already booked the hotel but not the flight yet.

Just planning the trip now. Minimum is flying in Wednesday, out Sunday. Any suggestion what to do more in-around Chicago? Visited Expo once in 2014 and as I recall there is not so much to do pinball wise (besides Logans arcade).

Will not come alone, some friends have plans as well as Barry Driessen.

Any tips are more than welcome. As flight is not booked yet some flexibility is there.

#5626 11 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I am happy to inform you that decision has been made, I am gonna visit Chicago Expo in October
Really looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible in person. After so many years of Pinside good to be able to shake hands
Just planning the trip now. Minimum is flying in Wednesday, out Sunday. Any suggestion what to do more in-around Chicago? Visited Expo once in 2014 and as I recall there is not so much to do pinball wise (besides Logans arcade).
Any tips are more than welcome. As flight is not booked yet some flexibility is there.

Nice! Look forward to meeting you in person. If the pinball Olympics are going on this year, you need to be a part of that. Think it was only 100 tickets so need to hop on when it comes up. You can also visit Enterium in Schaumburg for a good food/pinball experience. Galloping Ghost arcade is cool. Tons of good stuff to do. The olympics will be the game changer though if you are able.

#5627 11 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Are there plans to announce the next DP title there?

#5628 11 months ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Are there plans to announce the next DP title there?

Or TBL topper!?

#5629 11 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

...Any suggestion what to do more in-around Chicago? ...

Eat great pizza!

I miss it.

#5630 11 months ago

Pls be informed that a live Facebook video is planned coming Thursday 11th may approx 1500h European time on the DP Facebook channel. It will be your around the factory showing how tbl is being made.

https://www.facebook.com/dutchpinball

So, mark it in your calendars if of interest to you. And you can always replay it afterwards.

#5631 11 months ago

I'm trying to export my database file to a USB and it isn't working. I'm getting the "USB stick not found" message. I've tried a variety of USB sticks and have read the posts about it needing to be an NTFS formatted stick. I tried a few sticks I've used in the past on this machine to update code and a few that I reformatted to NTFS, but nothing is working.

Any guidance would be appreciated

#5632 11 months ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm trying to export my database file to a USB and it isn't working. I'm getting the "USB stick not found" message. I've tried a variety of USB sticks and have read the posts about it needing to be an NTFS formatted stick. I tried a few sticks I've used in the past on this machine to update code and a few that I reformatted to NTFS, but nothing is working.
Any guidance would be appreciated

Update first to 112. In that version the export function is improved and no longer an update file is needed to be present on the stick.

#5633 11 months ago

What type of USB is needed to updated to 1.12? In the past I've used Fat32, does it now need to be NTFS?

#5634 11 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Pls be informed that a live Facebook video is planned coming Thursday 11th may approx 1500h European time on the DP Facebook channel. It will be your around the factory showing how tbl is being made.
https://www.facebook.com/dutchpinball
So, mark it in your calendars if of interest to you. And you can always replay it afterwards.

Speaking of pizza, hope you have some good pizza places near the factory

Looking forward to the tour!!

#5635 11 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Eat great pizza!
I miss it.

There was a time that when I visited Chicago I could take care of business on a whole medium Giordano's. Alas, couple weeks ago at Axpona, I could only handle 4 slices (alas age happens)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5636 11 months ago

Getting ahead of myself posting on the owners forum, but I’m beyond frustrated.

Question - are we seeing any new deliveries lately? Spoke to Melissa of Cointaker at Pinfest this week. Paid my TBL invoice 110 days ago and still being told “it should be on the dock soon.” Friday she told me Dutch had a missing part and hasn’t been shipping, but the part “just came in” and they should be shipping soon.

With all respect, I’ve grown tired of the excuses and the lack of basic communication from a company holding $13K of my money. I’ve worked with and purchased from multiple distributors - I’ve never been treated this poorly.

So, my question is Rensh (or anyone) is any of this true? Are deliveries happening or has DP shut down and stopped shipping based on parts issues?

#5637 11 months ago

I'm at 90 days paid in full. Still no update. Let ne know if you hear anything.

#5638 11 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Question - are we seeing any new deliveries lately? Spoke to Melissa of Cointaker at Pinfest this week. Paid my TBL invoice 110 days ago and still being told “it should be on the dock soon.” Friday she told me Dutch had a missing part and hasn’t been shipping, but the part “just came in” and they should be shipping soon.
With all respect, I’ve grown tired of the excuses and the lack of basic communication from a company holding $13K of my money. I’ve worked with and purchased from multiple distributors - I’ve never been treated this poorly.
So, my question is Rensh (or anyone) is any of this true? Are deliveries happening or has DP shut down and stopped shipping based on parts issues?

Most frustrating part of the entire process, in my opinion. You get through the 11-13 month wait, get asked to pay in full, which is both awesome and awful at once, and then....nothing.

96 days was my time frame, and it seems to be all over the place. The worst of it, is just no idea what is going on, communications wise.

#5639 11 months ago

When I did custom belts it used to take 3-4 weeks to make and ship. Total nightmare every day 100 emails where’s my order so we made shit up like this too to get people off our backs. Now we do in stock to ship fast… much better.

If they could swing it I wish they paid for the trailer of games and inv when it came in but that’s prob 400k

#5640 11 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

You can go back 2 years on this thread (or longer) and read the same complaints and situations playing out. It’s Cointaker. It’s always been Cointaker. Not Dutch’s fault that they ask for money and then choose to ignore their customers. That’s how CT operates. Your not unique, not was I. It’s how they run their business. What I don’t understand is why Dutch or PB continue to use them as a sole distributor.

#5641 11 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

You would think they would invest in some simple web based tool that would give customers an update.

I had an experience where I was waiting on part from CT. They blamed DP. I emailed Barry directly and he said CT told him not to ship until the crate was full (CT was saving on shipping costs). I get this, but why didn’t CT just say that instead of stringing me along for months.

Hoping CT gets competition for both DP and PB games! Competition breads the improvements. Until then nothing will change.

#5642 11 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Pins are the same but they now have limiters on the tops to keep them from hitting the metal frame when they go to the top position (root cause of the breaking). I haven’t had an issue with any pins yet since installing the limiters (I used rubber washers).

Game changer music updates by Yeakley

Great job and I love this pin!!!

#5643 11 months ago

PB games are available from other folks already, I’m pretty sure Zack is a distro for them too. I do hope Dutch finds more options, before the next game happens.

#5644 11 months ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

You would think they would invest in some simple web based tool that would give customers an update.
I had an experience where I was waiting on part from CT. They blamed DP. I emailed Barry directly and he said CT told him not to ship until the crate was full (CT was saving on shipping costs). I get this, but why didn’t CT just say that instead of stringing me along for months.
Hoping CT gets competition for both DP and PB games! Competition breads the improvements. Until then nothing will change.

Agree about competition.

Cointaker is eager to partner with pinball manufacturers, and invests marketing; especially at pinball shows. This is smart business, so it's perplexing why they can't figure out service. Communicating effectively with customers isn't just courteous, it's less expensive in the long run, since it encourages brand loyalty.

I purchased one pin from them at will never do it again. Even ordering and buying an apron from them was more work than it had to be. Eventually, they seem to deliver whatever they promise, but other distributors make it much easier.

#5645 11 months ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Agree about competition.
Cointaker is eager to partner with pinball manufacturers, and invests marketing; especially at pinball shows. This is smart business, so it's perplexing why they can't figure out service. Communicating effectively with customers isn't just courteous, it's less expensive in the long run, since it encourages brand loyalty.
I purchased one pin from them at will never do it again. Even ordering and buying an apron from them was more work than it had to be. Eventually, they seem to deliver whatever they promise, but other distributors make it much easier.

CT has always come through for me eventually, but only after aggravation, false promises, and endless misinformation. I would seek another option if I could.

#5646 11 months ago

TBL was my one and only experience through CT and I'll never go through them again. Poor communication for sure. I purchased TBL, had Alien on order, and wanted to buy a third game. CT had a setup at Pintastic so I went to him (forgot his name) and inquired about buying the third game, and he basically ignored me. Hardly a response, nobody else was around, couldn't care less that I was asking how to give him 10k of my money so that I could buy a game that I know he has in stock.

After that, I cancelled my Alien order. I'll never deal with them again. They don't need my business anyway. I have a feeling that they are so overwhelmed with orders that they can't keep up with the demand, which is why their communication sucks.

The number of people here who have had communication complaints is through the roof. I was very nervous that if I had an issue with the game that I wouldn't be able to contact CT for help. I don't know what their issue really is, but it's been this way for 3-4 years now, and it probably isn't getting any better.

Still, ain't getting a TBL without them, so there's that.

#5647 11 months ago

Here's my experience in the pre-order thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/293#post-7568150

Here's an addendum: While my TBL was on order, I thought that I would also order a GZPre through CT as well, so i put my name on the interest list and put down my dollar. A few months later, I was contact by another distro (Automated) and was asked if I was still interested in getting GZ. Of course I said yes, so after I got it from Automated, I thought I would let CT know that I got one from somewhere else and to cancel my place in line. The response I received was, "Well, it did say on the website at the time that you wouldn't get GZ until '23." I didn't know you could be passive-aggressive in an email, but I thought I was doing the responsible thing by cancelling, and then I catch some attitude from their end.

Bottom line, once I get my TBL, I'll make certain to never again do business with CT again.

#5648 11 months ago

Fired up my TBL today and the screen says "coin door open, low voltage" and won't change, no service buttons work. Messing with the voltage switch is not helping either. Has anyone experienced this?

#5649 11 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Fired up my TBL today and the screen says "coin door open, low voltage" and won't change, no service buttons work. Messing with the voltage switch is not helping either. Has anyone experienced this?

I experienced the same thing on my Willy Wonka. It ended up being one of the ground wires in the 9 pin harness that connects the coin door to the I/O board. There were two black ground wires shoved into the molex pin in the harness. Will most likely need a multimeter to troubleshoot continuity through that length of wire back to the board. Could also be one of the wires on the interlock switch that senses when the coin door is open/closed.

#5650 11 months ago

Took me a while to figure out what was happening..especially without any coin door button functionality. Can’t access the menu etc without them. If you’ve lost all coin door buttons but the coin slots are still lit up (getting power) I’ll bet it’s one of the ground wires came loose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,267 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.