flipper position (1) (resized).jpeg
flipper position (2) (resized).jpeg
flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 146.
#5301 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdkiller:

Are you still selling decals?

Yes sir. Just getting batch in tomorrow that will go out with paid orders.

I will reply to your PM.

#5302 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Optoscoop kit is finished
Now to make a faq on how-to install it. Should be straight forward. SubwY has to be removed though.
[quoted image]

That is awesome... I can't wait to do the upgrade, please save one for me, it is the only fault I've found with the game and will be great to have a proper fix The rest of the machine is absolutely magic, omg such a beautiful, fun and high quality game ... Dutch Pinball have absolutely nailed it with this machine

#5303 1 year ago

Woooo! She’s in!! Awesome game!

A8DDB84A-12C3-4A25-AEF2-ED1C9AE282B6 (resized).jpegA8DDB84A-12C3-4A25-AEF2-ED1C9AE282B6 (resized).jpeg
#5304 1 year ago

Just noticed lip syncing really out in clips like zero. Anybody else have this happen?

I’m also getting freezing and glitching in the video.

Edit: now glitches and syncing is fine. But only third time rebooted. Go figure.

#5305 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Dumb question but what issue is this resolving?

The switch is in the scoop has been the one needing the most adjustment-attention-complaints of all switches in TBL m. This solution will end that.

If you are not having any issues, like most users, no reason to upgrade. Don’t fix which ain’t broken is what I say.

#5306 1 year ago

My wife and I have been playing this all night. Never known a pin to get people dancing and just enjoying life so much. Will have to get some Kahlua, it’s been a while. Barry and everyone else involved just an outstanding job! Cheers!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5307 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

My wife and I have been playing this all night.

A lucky man you are. I need to find a wife like that but they are far apart.

#5308 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Solved the problem. No one will want it now…

[quoted image]

Man, thanks for making me start my day with a BIG smile on my face

As already said, pinside post of the day

#5309 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

A lucky man you are. I need to find a wife like that but they are far apart.

She got me into the hobby. Said to me “ you know it would be nice to have ONE pinball machine”. Poor thing. She’s awesome.

#5310 1 year ago

Anyone in the US receive a machine recently? I’m coming up on a year and trying to plan for invoice day…

#5311 1 year ago

Actually mine has froze up a few times lately too, but I think I’ve only had to reboot it once. It will get some plays this weekend, I’ll see if I can figure out more of a pattern.

Quoted from gumnut01:

Just noticed lip syncing really out in clips like zero. Anybody else have this happen?
I’m also getting freezing and glitching in the video.
Edit: now glitches and syncing is fine. But only third time rebooted. Go figure.

#5312 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

The switch is in the scoop has been the one needing the most adjustment-attention-complaints of all switches in TBL m. This solution will end that.
If you are not having any issues, like most users, no reason to upgrade. Don’t fix which ain’t broken is what I say.

Rensh - I am having this issue sometimes - how do I go about getting the fix/upgrade? Thanks

Ryan

#5313 1 year ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Rensh - I am having this issue sometimes - how do I go about getting the fix/upgrade? Thanks
Ryan

Sent a mail to me at [email protected] asking for it incl tbl serialno and an adress.

Don’t know pricing yet but will know this in short term

#5314 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I think ball in scoop where cherry switch doesn’t recognize it.
Looking at this thread, seems like simpler solution. Not sure how well it works. Assuming well since they make for several games.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/34#post-7292403
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mampm-creations-mrs-catalog
[quoted image]

We eventually customized the MRS for the scoop...here is the post with pics! Works perfectly and is VERY easy to install!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/101#post-7362491

matt

#5315 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonic:

We eventually customized the MRS for the scoop...here is the post with pics! Works perfectly and is VERY easy to install!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/101#post-7362491
matt

Thanks - looks really easy compared to a circuit board and opto.

Rensh pass this along to the factory DP - seems like a cheaper more effective solution.

1C69685A-A1BD-46B2-A51A-F5B783004075 (resized).jpeg1C69685A-A1BD-46B2-A51A-F5B783004075 (resized).jpeg
#5316 1 year ago

Anything new on the playfield issue front?

#5317 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Anything new on the playfield issue front?

Haven't heard anything yet.

#5318 1 year ago

The silence on the playfield issue has been disappointing.

#5319 1 year ago

Go read the Mirco tread if you want to be really angry (not at Dutch, at Mirco)

I won’t be buying any pins with his playfields in them.

#5320 1 year ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

The silence on the playfield issue has been disappointing.

They sent an email a few weeks ago saying they were still working on a solution. Not silent, but haven't heard an update as of yet.

#5321 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Solved the problem. No one will want it now…

[quoted image]

Write GNR on it, just to make sure.

#5322 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

They sent an email a few weeks ago saying they were still working on a solution. Not silent, but haven't heard an update as of yet.

I never got an e-mail from them, but can double check my spam. Do you have a date on it?

#5323 1 year ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

I never got an e-mail from them, but can double check my spam. Do you have a date on it?

January 23rd. I guess it was longer than a few weeks lol. I did follow-up a few weeks after and Rens said they were still trying to figure out a solution. My guess is that they are waiting for the new playfield design (no art under posts) to go through before doing anything.

#5324 1 year ago

I doubled checked and nothing. I tried to reach out via Melissa and on pinside too. I'm bummed I haven't been able to play this game in two months and not a word from them . . .

#5325 1 year ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

I doubled checked and nothing. I tried to reach out via Melissa and on pinside too. I'm bummed I haven't been able to play this game in two months and not a word from them . . .

Why can’t you play? Because of pooling?!? Keep flipping, DP will make it right - enjoy the machine, it is special!

#5327 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Write GNR on it, just to make sure.

Check the little label. Has the serial number too.

#5328 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Why can’t you play? Because of pooling?!? Keep flipping, DP will make it right - enjoy the machine, it is special!

Well I took the game apart to see the extent of the pooling and didn’t want to put it back together until I heard from DP. I’m also worried more game play equals more damage. It’s been two months with no reply, so I’m not convinced DP will make it right. Hopefully I’m wrong, but it is getting frustrating. I have seen people recommending irons or washers, but don’t feel comfortable with the former and my experience with the later is it just pushes the pooling out further until it eventually chips. I’ve had this happen with multiple Mirco playfields and why I won’t buy JJP until I feel it is fixed.

#5329 1 year ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

I have seen people recommending irons or washers, but don’t feel comfortable with the former and my experience with the later is it just pushes the pooling out further until it eventually chips.

Really, just try the vinyl iron. Take it slow and you'll be fine. I haven't seen a post from *anyone* that messed it up that tried it, and it fixes the areas with issues so you can enjoy the game again.

Quoted from PrinzFred:

I’ve had this happen with multiple Mirco playfields and why I won’t buy JJP until I feel it is fixed.

They seem to have addressed the issue starting with very late GnR runs into TS4. I haven't seen any TS4 machines posted with pooling issues. They were all over the place from Dialed In (mostly chipping/cracking) up to early-mid GnR machines (chipping/pooling).

#5330 1 year ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

Well I took the game apart to see the extent of the pooling and didn’t want to put it back together until I heard from DP. I’m also worried more game play equals more damage. It’s been two months with no reply, so I’m not convinced DP will make it right. Hopefully I’m wrong, but it is getting frustrating. I have seen people recommending irons or washers, but don’t feel comfortable with the former and my experience with the later is it just pushes the pooling out further until it eventually chips. I’ve had this happen with multiple Mirco playfields and why I won’t buy JJP until I feel it is fixed.

Yeah, always tough with situations like this. My playfield was already chipping and the artwork peeled, so I figured I would just keep on playing.

I have high hopes that DP will make it right. Thus far, their support has been incredible.

If I were you I would either try the iron or washer solution and then enjoy the game until DP comes back with a long term solution. I am hearing they should have some decision this month.

Regardless, you might as well enjoy it…I assume the long term solution is to get the new playfields out to owners with current issues…hopefully at no cost, but maybe at their cost worst case?!? Mirco should be covering the cost, but we shall see!

#5331 1 year ago

Rensh did reach out to me to let me know he had e-mailed. I had checked my spam, but somehow had missed them. They are still working on a solution.

I'm really leery to iron a game without specific instructions from the manufacturer and absolving me of any additional damage it might cause. And I have chipping too, so the iron might help with the pooling, but chipping would have to take some touch up paint and clear.

I agree that Mirco should be covering the cost, but that was not the case with JJP games and they basically washed their hands of it after a few games.

#5332 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Really, just try the vinyl iron. Take it slow and you'll be fine. I haven't seen a post from *anyone* that messed it up that tried it

FWIW, I tried to iron my pooling Metallica using this method and it made things worse. It caused the clear to crack around the first post I tried. Sure, I’m an outlier and my mechanical skills suck (probably let the iron get too hot in retrospect), but let the ironer beware.

#5333 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

FWIW, I tried to iron my pooling Metallica using this method and it made things worse. It caused the clear to crack around the first post I tried. Sure, I’m an outlier and my mechanical skills suck (probably let the iron get too hot in retrospect), but let the ironer beware.

Yeah, you have to take it slow, and if you waited years to address it (how old was your metallica at this point, 5 years or more?), the clear probably will have already hardened. The method is for relatively new pins (within say 12-24 months) where the clear is still (too) soft. Ironing smooths it out and sets it so it doesn't pool again. It's not for use with older pins.

But as the instructions say, taking it slow and not doing it too long (there's no temperature regulation) are key.

#5334 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, you have to take it slow, and if you waited years to address it (how old was your metallica at this point, 5 years or more?), the clear probably will have already hardened. The method is for relatively new pins (within say 12-24 months) where the clear is still (too) soft. Ironing smooths it out and sets it so it doesn't pool again. It's not for use with older pins.
But as the instructions say, taking it slow and not doing it too long (there's no temperature regulation) are key.

I tried the iron on Metallica a few years ago soon after I got it NIB. I think it was sitting in a warehouse for a while, so maybe that was part of the problem. Stern sent me a replacement playfield, so good on them.

#5335 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I tried the iron on Metallica a few years ago soon after I got it NIB. I think it was sitting in a warehouse for a while, so maybe that was part of the problem. Stern sent me a replacement playfield, so good on them.

Yeah, it's a range of like 12-24 months from manufacture, not purchase. I don't remember when Metallica last call was, but that NIB was probably at least 5 years old.

#5336 1 year ago

Iron it out or use a hair dryer. Mylar rings from PinMonk than a Titan rubber washer. No reason to stop enjoying the game. Not sure what you thinks going to happen as far as a resolution. Possibly a new playfield at cost I would assume. Fix it and keep playing it until then.

#5337 1 year ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

Ironing works. I've had to do it on Pirates, Wonka, GNR, ALien...It works. Ideally if you catch it in time you'll never know it happened. Unfortunately, once you've experienced these issues you start to look for them on future games (at least I do). I wasn't comfortable doing any of it. I still get mad having to fix new games (which is every single game I buy), but that is our hobby. Like everyone else said, Iron it out and put some mylar and washers over it. If you've caught it in time you can cover the whole area without being bothered again. Just keep an eye on other posts as it may happen in other areas as well.

Enjoy your game. Do your part to stop it from spreading and get you a new playfield. Most owners aren't confident enough to a do a playfield swap to begin with. It will just sit in the box next to the game until it gets sold.

#5338 1 year ago

At least on mine, it isn’t clear pooling. It’s shocks from slamming the lower post of the left sling that have ”shoved” the paint up around it and it’s loose and chipping. It’s not the clear that is simply bulged up from downward pressure. I’m sure I’m not the only one that has it like this and understands this is not your typical clear pooling. More of a non adherence of the painted layer.

#5339 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Optoscoop kit is finished
Now to make a faq on how-to install it. Should be straight forward. SubwY has to be removed though.
[quoted image]

That is great news. Where can I find the serial number please ?

#5340 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sent a mail to me at [email protected] asking for it incl tbl serialno and an adress.
Don’t know pricing yet but will know this in short term

Ummmm. Don’t mean to be that guy, but If there’s a fault with the machine, the fix should not cost money.

#5341 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ummmm. Don’t mean to be that guy, but I’m f there’s a fault with the machine, the fix should not cost money.

When there’s a “recall” part with auto manufacturers, usually you get a letter in the mail for a free replacement of a reconfigured new part. Sometimes when you don’t even realize it’s a problem.

#5342 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

When there’s a “recall” part with auto manufacturers, usually you get a letter in the mail for a free replacement of a reconfigured new part. Sometimes when you don’t even realize it’s a problem.

Pinball is not life or death (except in very, VERY rare cases), and the warranty on cars is literally 10, 20 or even 30x as long as pinball, depending on manufacturer.

#5343 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pinball is not life or death (except in very, VERY rare cases), and the warranty on cars is literally 10, 20 or even 30x as long as pinball, depending on manufacturer.

The guy in Manly just got his last week. Should he pay for a replacement part?

Also this pin costs the same as a new car so…..

I just find it bizarre, this doesn’t work we know it doesn’t work. Here’s the fix for you it will cost x.

What the hell are we doing as consumers? I just got this pin, I love it but c’mon!!

#5344 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

The guy in manly just got his last week. Should he pay for a replacement part?

If it doesn't work at all, no. That would be a warranty item for sure. But if the new one is just an improved design of a kind of flaky, but mostly working original design, it's more of a manufacturer judgment call. Stern has gone both ways when those situations have come up.

#5346 1 year ago

Never had an issue with my scoop so it’s not a “recall” just a design improvement. No reason they should give them out for free. I’ll happily pay for one if I feel I need it.

#5347 1 year ago

hello, what is it ?

test report (resized).jpgtest report (resized).jpg
#5348 1 year ago

Update to the lastest softeware and it will go away.

Quoted from funkycoucou:

hello, what is it ?
[quoted image]

#5349 1 year ago

Anyone know this bolt size, that holds the harddrive metal plate on?

0A3E2810-B9B1-40A6-8435-86DA93C41A9E (resized).jpeg0A3E2810-B9B1-40A6-8435-86DA93C41A9E (resized).jpeg
#5350 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Anyone know this bolt size, that holds the harddrive metal plate on?[quoted image]

M5,5

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

15,000 (OBO)
$ 210.00
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/107?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.