Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 56 12 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3236 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1010 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1010 (resized).jpeg
King On Throne (resized).jpg
20240415_202251 (resized).jpg
TBL HALO's (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,297 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 146.
#5201 1 year ago

So…
I have an issue that presented itself where my game will completely lock up every few games except for the flippers (I can’t find the pattern) when I updated it to code 1.00. I updated to code 1.10 and the issue is still present but seems to be more frequent. I tried going backwards on code and it does the exact same thing with earlier versions.

I’m totally stumped and frustrated on this one. I even swapped the hard drive with another loaded with TBL 1.10 code and the problem followed on the new HD.

#5202 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

So…
I have an issue that presented itself where my game will completely lock up every few games except for the flippers (I can’t find the pattern) when I updated it to code 1.00. I updated to code 1.10 and the issue is still present but seems to be more frequent. I tried going backwards on code and it does the exact same thing with earlier versions.
I’m totally stumped and frustrated on this one. I even swapped the hard drive with another loaded with TBL 1.10 code and the problem followed on the new HD.

Do you have a multimeter?

#5203 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

So…

Make sure the USB cable from the motherboard to the PROC is securely connected at both ends. If the connection is intermittent it can cause lockups. You could try a different cable if the connectors seem a little loose.

#5204 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have a multimeter?

I do

#5205 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Make sure the USB cable from the motherboard to the PROC is securely connected at both ends. If the connection is intermittent it can cause lockups. You could try a different cable if the connectors seem a little loose.

I’ll reseat them and see if that fixes it.

#5206 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

I’ll reseat them and see if that fixes it.

If reseating doesn't do the trick, check the DC output from the coolermaster ATX power supply for 5v and 12v. If they are on the edge or dropping low under load that could cause lockups.

#5207 1 year ago

Pls follow the instructions service faq page 67

FYI: never had to replace a PSU to solve it. 90+% is solved after reseating all USB cables (don’t forget the one to the Proc), 9% is solved with replacing USB cable and had 1-2 case where PC had to be replaced.

Pls post this kind of questions next time in maintenance thread at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/36#post-7413805

#5208 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Pls follow the instructions service faq page 67
FYI: never had to replace a PSU to solve it. 90+% is solved after reseating all USB cables (don’t forget the one to the Proc), 9% is solved with replacing USB cable and had 1-2 case where PC had to be replaced.
Pls post this kind of questions next time in maintenance thread at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/36#post-7413805

For the next Dutch pin, it would be great if you would lead the pinball industry by adopting the locking USB terminals with the thumbscrews like the VGA/DVI connectors. It will make "reseating USB cable" issues a thing of the past and is long overdue for adoption. Many differing but similar versions of the locking USB terminal and cables are already available commercially, so it's just a matter of making the decision to do it.
locking_USB3-A-to-B-cable-diagram (resized).jpglocking_USB3-A-to-B-cable-diagram (resized).jpglocking_kb_74-249 (resized).jpglocking_kb_74-249 (resized).jpg

locking_kb_74-250 (resized).jpglocking_kb_74-250 (resized).jpg

#5209 1 year ago

Put rtv silicon on them so vibrations don’t work cables loose. Trick Scott Danesi said on TNA since that think shakes a ton.

#5210 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Put rtv silicon on them so vibrations don’t work cables loose. Trick Scott Danesi said on TNA since that think shakes a ton.

I would make sure you use a neutral cure silicone around electronics since other silicone adhesives can release acids when curing that are no good for solder.

I use this all the time on PCBs and no problems yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005T8R6LY

#5211 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Rensh
Which board is the latest, shipping PC board?[quoted image]

this is mine (build date 01/17/2023

bord (resized).JPGbord (resized).JPG
#5212 1 year ago

Well, after over 8 years of waiting, I can finally officially join this club! Hi, I’m Brian! EA #97 delivered, Paid in full Oct 2014, nice job to DP for getting this done. It will probably be a few days before I have time to open it. In the meantime, I have a bit of catching up to do in this thread.

BF8AB123-42F4-4E1F-9227-270DDCD2434C (resized).jpegBF8AB123-42F4-4E1F-9227-270DDCD2434C (resized).jpeg
#5213 1 year ago

As TBL hasnt yet a function to change date-time (if you want to have Walter yell to you at the right time this is of interest) I made up a faq to set it correctly in the BIOS.

Not difficult at all but will require you to hook up and USB keyboard to your TBL

Than Shabbos will be shabbos

Set Date and Time correct in BIOS FAQ.pdfSet Date and Time correct in BIOS FAQ.pdf
#5214 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As TBL hasnt yet a function to change date-time (if you want to have Walter yell to you at the right time this is of interest) I made up a faq to set it correctly in the BIOS.
Not difficult at all but will require you to hook up and USB keyboard to your TBL
Than Shabbos will be shabbos
[quoted image]

I don’t have my game yet, but speaking of Shabbas . If you go bowling during that time of the week do you get special Walter callouts berating you for doing so or telling you not to?

#5215 1 year ago

Turned the game on today and nothing..... The only thing that is on is the back glass light, lights on the coin door and the fan on the power supply. No lights anywhere else that I can see. Tried reconnecting all the cables in the backbox and nothing. I'm on the latest code. Any ideas?

#5216 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Turned the game on today and nothing..... The only thing that is on is the back glass light, lights on the coin door and the fan on the power supply. No lights anywhere else that I can see. Tried reconnecting all the cables in the backbox and nothing. I'm on the latest code. Any ideas?

If the fan is on within the PSU, that is at least a good sign. Have you tried jumping your motherboard? I am on mobile, but it is in the support FAQ. I would start there.

Page 150

#5217 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

If the fan is on within the PSU, that is at least a good sign. Have you tried jumping your motherboard? I am on mobile, but it is in the support FAQ. I would start there.
Page 150

Thanks. Jumped it and its on. That was quite easy.

#5218 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Thanks. Jumped it and its on. That was quite easy.

Excellent news! Cheers dude!

#5219 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I don’t have my game yet, but speaking of Shabbas . If you go bowling during that time of the week do you get special Walter callouts berating you for doing so or telling you not to?

Without giving anything away…yes…yes he does.

#5220 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

As others have said, the starry lit apron add-on is killer and I'd highly recommend it. You can add that to your order and have it factory installed which I would recommend to save you the trouble. I ordered several mods from pinsider cpr999 including his mod harness that allows you to easily power multiple mods. His stuff is great and I've experienced zero issues with any of it. I've also done some custom music work for it to add in the real music from the movie which I've really enjoyed. I also did the bowling ball launch button mod from another pinsider (don't remember who) which I really like. I really enjoy this game.
Another thing that I consider a must do is to adjust the switch that controls the rug hits. Essentially, I had to adjust this switch to make it more sensitive which has allowed for pretty much every hit from both flippers to register a hit when you shoot the rug mech. This took plenty of trial and error but it's been perfect for 6 months ever since I got it right. From the factory, it wasn't that sensitive and really only registered hard, direct hits which was frustrating...but you can eliminate that issue for sure

Thanks for the insight on your TBL, but keep in mind DP has made numerous hardware improvements since your model was released including the computer & major components…if anything, the newer models are even more reliable.

#5221 1 year ago

I doubt there's any plans in the works, but:

With TBL on location, I use it in every tournament that I host. Nobody goes for rug modes or car modes since the scoring on those things is minimal. Everyone goes for multiball and jackpots. There's really no other way to play the game in tournaments or leagues.

Is there any plan to address the scoring? You could triple the value of the modes and it would probably be worth going for in tournaments, maybe even 4x.

Does anyone else play TBL in tournaments and leagues? Do you feel the same way?

#5222 1 year ago

Maybe a scoring multiplier for 60 seconds after you successfully complete each rug or car mode?

#5223 1 year ago

I am not a hardcore player but this is my tactics on TBL:

Bowling, Bowling, Bowling
Stacking characters and when all bowling tasks are fullfilled, release character multiball.
This is the way I got my highest games.

Rugmodes , carmodes ... nice to play but will not deliver the points.

Just my opinion, I might be wrong !

#5224 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I am not a hardcore player but this is my tactics on TBL:
Bowling, Bowling, Bowling
Stacking characters and when all bowling tasks are fullfilled, release character multiball.
This is the way I got my highest games.
Rugmodes , carmodes ... nice to play but will not deliver the points.
Just my opinion, I might be wrong !

Yeah if I'm trying to blow up the scores, I do this same exact thing.

It would be really nice to have any of the modes be worth a significant amount so they are worth playing.

#5225 1 year ago

I don’t play for points. I want to play the wizard mode. So yes I play all the rug & car modes

#5226 1 year ago

Does anyone in the U.S. happen to have an extra TBL bowling pin they would sell me? One of mine broke before installing the limiters. I ordered a few extra bowling pins from Dutch, but my incompetent post office lost the package. It would be nice to avoid the crazy international shipping cost for a replacement. Thanks.

#5227 1 year ago

TBL trivia (FWIW):

The Dude says “man” 147 times in the movie, or about 1.5 times a minute.

The word “dude” is used roughly 161 times.

The F-word can be heard 292 times.

#5228 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

TBL trivia (FWIW):
The Dude says “man” 147 times in the movie, or about 1.5 times a minute.
The word “dude” is used roughly 161 times.
The F-word can be heard 292 times.

Even with that, it doesn't even rank in the top 100 most profane movies/specials (not even counting TV series).

#5229 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Does anyone in the U.S. happen to have an extra TBL bowling pin they would sell me? One of mine broke before installing the limiters. I ordered a few extra bowling pins from Dutch, but my incompetent post office lost the package. It would be nice to avoid the crazy international shipping cost for a replacement. Thanks.

I don't see why these pins can't be made with a 3d printer.

There's gotta be someone here who has figured that out.

#5230 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Themodcouple used to sell them. I am wondering though if 3D printed ones hold up?

#5231 1 year ago

I can't think of a more fitting spot to get a ball stuck

IMG_9093 (resized).JPGIMG_9093 (resized).JPGIMG_9094 (resized).JPGIMG_9094 (resized).JPG
#5232 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

PLA would break, but I doubt even ABS or PETG would hold up. However, the Mod Couple printed some out of nylon, which has the best chance for a printed part that gets hit over and over. They're not available anymore, either individually or all 10 in a set, so maybe they broke, too?

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/the-big-lebowski-custom-mod-collection/products/the-big-lebowski-replacement-redesigned-bowling-pins?variant=18185627435105

#5233 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

PLA would break, but I doubt even ABS or PETG would hold up. However, the Mod Couple printed some out of nylon, which has the best chance for a printed part that gets hit over and over. They're not available anymore, either individually or all 10 in a set, so maybe they broke, too?
https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/the-big-lebowski-custom-mod-collection/products/the-big-lebowski-replacement-redesigned-bowling-pins?variant=18185627435105

After the introduction of the so-called limiters, which makes sure the pin doesn’t hit the metal rod behind them, the amount of complaints dropped to practically zero. So, stronger pins, with which we have experimented also but weren’t the solution, are not needed.

#5234 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

After the introduction of the so-called limiters, which makes sure the pin doesn’t hit the metal rod behind them, the amount of complaints dropped to practically zero. So, stronger pins, with which we have experimented also but weren’t the solution, are not needed.

Thanks for the reply!

I wonder why Mod Couple stopped selling them, then? Hm.

#5235 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the reply!
I wonder why Mod Couple stopped selling them, then? Hm.

I believe my order back in 2021 was the last stock they had. I don't want to speak for them, but I'm pretty sure they stopped making them b/c of lack of demand and didn't want to get into copyright issues with the logos themselves. This is why I created this topic (since mine came with very terrible logo representations): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pad-printing-images-onto-pinballs-and-other-objects

I will say that theirs have a far less chance of breakage but when it comes down to the visual aspect aka DP's very awesome logo print + newfound way of the limiters to avoid breakage, I've decided to keep my DP ones in game. One day I would like to get the logos fixed on my Mod Couple set and install all 10 of those instead, but for now they are just standby replacements if another one of my DP pins breaks.

#5236 1 year ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I can't think of a more fitting spot to get a ball stuck
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had this happen multiple times. That's why nowadays I have an "extra", regular pinball right in that spot where yours jumped to. I also have those 2 plastic ball mods in the same placement as yours. Putting an extra, regular pinball in the exact place where yours jumped to has made it so anytime a ball flies over there it makes its way back to the playfield.

#5237 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I had this happen multiple times. That's why nowadays I have an "extra", regular pinball right in that spot where yours jumped to. I also have those 2 plastic ball mods in the same placement as yours. Putting an extra, regular pinball in the exact place where yours jumped to has made it so anytime a ball flies over there it makes its way back to the playfield.

I put a 3rd mini bowling ball there. Looks even better, but I still get a stuck air ball there occasionally.

#5238 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I put a 3rd mini bowling ball there. Looks even better, but I still get a stuck air ball there occasionally.

I had 3 in there but then air balls kept hitting them and knocking the hot glue loose and the balls would drain in the trough causing mayhem lol

#5239 1 year ago

Just received the “Down Under” version. Lots of little bits that make it uniquely Aussie. Check out the pics - and there are more I’ll post.
I tried searching but can’t find a way to update to latest code by internet — how do I connect WiFi?

289A2753-8B5A-4E6C-A973-A854FF4DE1B0 (resized).jpeg289A2753-8B5A-4E6C-A973-A854FF4DE1B0 (resized).jpeg421F25F9-E601-4015-AA9A-2E04EC8B977E (resized).jpeg421F25F9-E601-4015-AA9A-2E04EC8B977E (resized).jpeg75143B42-3645-4465-8CE9-1D11CB1C5EDD (resized).jpeg75143B42-3645-4465-8CE9-1D11CB1C5EDD (resized).jpegE4FA6696-286E-48A4-8BB8-36A3EEC9D1FE (resized).jpegE4FA6696-286E-48A4-8BB8-36A3EEC9D1FE (resized).jpegEC41CB04-E17C-45FC-A5EB-EDED8B310CE5 (resized).jpegEC41CB04-E17C-45FC-A5EB-EDED8B310CE5 (resized).jpeg
#5240 1 year ago

Congrats with the receipt of your tbl and I hope you appreciate the details DP smuggled into the Aussie units

Internet update not possible. USB is to be used. You can find latest version on DP website.

#5241 1 year ago
Quoted from mkintaiwan:

Just received the “Down Under” version. Lots of little bits that make it uniquely Aussie. Check out the pics - and there are more I’ll post.
I tried searching but can’t find a way to update to latest code by internet — how do I connect WiFi?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bonza!

Mine is apparently going through Customs in Melbourne. Hopefully heading north to Canberra next week or the week after…

#5242 1 year ago
Quoted from mkintaiwan:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do have a question. Australian version where your profile states location California ??

#5243 1 year ago

Question for Owners:

I paid my invoice so now I been buying all the mods for the game. I like to have them on day one so I can work on installing them before I put the game into it's place in the gameroom.

What are the thoughts on the Gutterballs topper? Any other toppers that are available?

Also, does the game come with keyfobs. There are some listed on the Cointaker site. They are only $8 bucks but if the game already has them then no reason to buy another set.

Thanks

#5244 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Question for Owners:
I paid my invoice so now I been buying all the mods for the game. I like to have them on day one so I can work on installing them before I put the game into it's place in the gameroom.
What are the thoughts on the Gutterballs topper? Any other toppers that are available?
Also, does the game come with keyfobs. There are some listed on the Cointaker site. They are only $8 bucks but if the game already has them then no reason to buy another set.
Thanks

I have the Gutterballs topper and I really like it. I was on the fence with it due to its phallic nature and the pot leaves, but now that its installed, I think it goes well and really ties it all together. The topper is very well built and the lighting is dimmable.

The game comes with the key chain set.

#5245 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Do have a question. Australian version where your profile states location California ??

“I get around”

#5246 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Question for Owners:
Thanks

I am choosing which size I want for my topper - small, medium or large!! And I am selling the others. Of course, you paint!

2B7D3FFF-BCFB-43B9-B58F-D1D5A1CC8046 (resized).jpeg2B7D3FFF-BCFB-43B9-B58F-D1D5A1CC8046 (resized).jpeg
#5247 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:

... What are the thoughts on the Gutterballs topper?

Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

I have the Gutterballs topper and I really like it. ...

Me too. Great topper for the game!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/76#post-7051320

#5248 1 year ago

Does it have to be powered separately though? Would
Much rather have something that switched on and off with the game

#5249 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Does it have to be powered separately though? Would
Much rather have something that switched on and off with the game

Split off the ATX power supply 5v/12v line to pull what you need (12v?). Then it will turn on and off with the game.

#5250 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Split off the ATX power supply 5v/12v line to pull what you need (12v?). Then it will turn on and off with the game.

Thanks. Was just confused by ad saying seperate power required to game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 210.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,297 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/105?hl=mundy53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.