flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 146.
#5151 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Can someone post a pic of the lead attachment to the interlock switch on the coin door. Pic for reference?
[quoted image]

This work?

C52D737A-F2D0-44A1-B7E0-BBB4775B44CB (resized).jpegC52D737A-F2D0-44A1-B7E0-BBB4775B44CB (resized).jpeg
#5152 1 year ago

KoenHeltzel or Rensh any hints or teasers you can give on a rough timeline for a code tweak? Small things, but looking forward to getting the callouts back when pressing the flipper buttons in attract mode, and getting rid of the error message from the nonexistent switch! Thanks for all the awesome work on this game.

#5153 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

KoenHeltzel or Rensh any hints or teasers you can give on a rough timeline for a code tweak? Small things, but looking forward to getting the callouts back when pressing the flipper buttons in attract mode, and getting rid of the error message from the nonexistent switch! Thanks for all the awesome work on this game.

It’s in beta test mode now and if nothing strange occurs in coming week testing official release is planned for next week Friday.

Just a little more patience needed

#5154 1 year ago

As an aside, man my playfield is taking a beating already. Plenty of dimples all over, but alas...part of the hobby I guess. Maybe if I wasn't playing it everyday, that wouldn't happen!

#5155 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

As an aside, man my playfield is taking a beating already. Plenty of dimples all over, but alas...part of the hobby I guess. Maybe if I wasn't playing it everyday, that wouldn't happen!

I've noticed a lot of airballs on mine, but I did turn up the flipper power a bit.

#5156 1 year ago

If anyone is looking: Picked up a metallic purple shooter lane protector (3d printed by pinsider, sold on marketplace). Looks/fits great. Removed apron and removed first 3 screws holding down side rail to install. Took maybe 10 mins.

PXL_20230211_233811098.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230211_233811098.MP (resized).jpg
#5157 1 year ago

Hi all - I got my NIB TBL last week and got around to getting it set up today. Love the game so far, just had a few questions I wanted to see if anybody could help me out with. Sorry if any of these are dumb questions, or been asked before:

- The game did not come with a coin box, is this standard? It's for my home so I don't really care, but was curious.

- I purchased the Laseriffic topper for the game. There were no instructions for installation, but it appears I simply attach the velcro to the top of the machine and plug the topper into the outlet. I just wanted to make sure sure that was all I needed to do (no connecting the topper to the actual machine at all)

- I probably need to post this in the TBL maintenance thread, but the mystery scoop doesn't seem to recognize when the ball is in the scoop the majority of the time. The machine eventually does a ball search and ejects the ball. Do others have this issue? Is there a quick fix for the issue that anyone can recommend?

- The inside of the mystery scoop appears to be 'burnt' in 2 places. I am guessing this is done on purpose for aesthetics due to the fire artwork going into the scoop, but wanted to confirm that is the case.

- Finally when the 'Let's go bowling' / 'Mark it zero' saucer releases the ball, it basically pops it out with just enough force to get the ball out of the saucer so the ball is not released with much velocity. Is this common, or should the ball be being shot out much faster?

Thanks in advance for the help and sorry again for any dumb questions here.

#5158 1 year ago
Quoted from ShawnC79:

Hi all - I got my NIB TBL last week and got around to getting it set up today. Love the game so far, just had a few questions I wanted to see if anybody could help me out with. Sorry if any of these are dumb questions, or been asked before:
- The game did not come with a coin box, is this standard? It's for my home so I don't really care, but was curious.
- I purchased the Laseriffic topper for the game. There were no instructions for installation, but it appears I simply attach the velcro to the top of the machine and plug the topper into the outlet. I just wanted to make sure sure that was all I needed to do (no connecting the topper to the actual machine at all)
- I probably need to post this in the TBL maintenance thread, but the mystery scoop doesn't seem to recognize when the ball is in the scoop the majority of the time. The machine eventually does a ball search and ejects the ball. Do others have this issue? Is there a quick fix for the issue that anyone can recommend?
- The inside of the mystery scoop appears to be 'burnt' in 2 places. I am guessing this is done on purpose for aesthetics due to the fire artwork going into the scoop, but wanted to confirm that is the case.
- Finally when the 'Let's go bowling' / 'Mark it zero' saucer releases the ball, it basically pops it out with just enough force to get the ball out of the saucer so the ball is not released with much velocity. Is this common, or should the ball be being shot out much faster?
Thanks in advance for the help and sorry again for any dumb questions here.

Normal

No idea, sorry

If other switches still do respond (open coindoor and try menu buttons) than I suspect the scoop switch needs some tweaking. If also the coindoorbuttons dont respond than reseat all USB cables

Sounds like some welding marks, not uncommon

Is normal

For the rest, play the heck out of it and enjoy!!

#5159 1 year ago

Is there any scoring advantage to stacking the character multiballs like on Medieval?

#5160 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is there any scoring advantage to stacking the character multiballs like on Medieval?

Yes, there is. See the operational manual page 90.

In short, if you start MB with more characters they will multiply each others jackpots.

#5161 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That's why there is a cancel option (when the saucer is lit for multiple actions). I always try to activate as many characters as possible before starting the character multiball.

#5162 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That's why there is a cancel option (when the saucer is lit for multiple actions). I always try to activate as many characters as possible before starting the character multiball.

Didn’t know that. Just from experience with MM, I’m always avoiding starting character multiball until I have most/all characters, but the ball sometimes just ends up in the saucer by accident. I assumed there was a benefit but didn’t know for sure.

What’s the cancel? Both button press?

#5163 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Press the bowling ball button, as soon as the multiball starts, to cancel it.

You don't have this option though if multiball is the only thing lit at the saucer.

#5164 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Didn’t know that. Just from experience with MM, I’m always avoiding starting character multiball until I have most/all characters, but the ball sometimes just ends up in the saucer by accident. I assumed there was a benefit but didn’t know for sure.

It’s the launch button, shown right bottom corner lcd display. Do note that option is only available when you have also bowling or mark it zero lit at the saucer.

Also found at the earlier mentioned page 90 of the operational manual. Just take a spare 15 minutes to walk through the rules in the manual

#5165 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It’s the launch button, shown right bottom corner lcd display. Do note that option is only available when you have also bowling or mark it zero lit at the saucer.
Also found at the earlier mentioned page 90 of the operational manual. Just take a spare 15 minutes to walk through the rules in the manual

What’s a manual?

#5166 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What’s a manual?

manual-transmission (resized).jpegmanual-transmission (resized).jpeg
#5167 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What’s a manual?

AC8148AA-CB9B-40E2-8D96-9EA5EACEC4B8.gifAC8148AA-CB9B-40E2-8D96-9EA5EACEC4B8.gif
#5168 1 year ago

Looking to see if anyone knows how to help me out of this. I went to update code to 1.10 and it forced me to delete old code first. I turned the game off and (my guess is it’s trying to boot to the software version I deleted) I can’t get past the unbuntu boot screen. I checked the manual and searched this thread. Any help is appreciated.

89E4826C-8129-4701-A230-01F91E5095BC (resized).jpeg89E4826C-8129-4701-A230-01F91E5095BC (resized).jpeg
#5171 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks. Current service faq has it page 273.

What am I doing wrong? I’ve tried every spacing variation and I keep getting a syntax error.

11CCD8B3-9CCD-4A9D-A576-CD1109588B2D (resized).jpeg11CCD8B3-9CCD-4A9D-A576-CD1109588B2D (resized).jpeg61437443-250E-451E-A6E9-DE2D4658F01A (resized).jpeg61437443-250E-451E-A6E9-DE2D4658F01A (resized).jpegD26AC4CA-C070-4778-B8FC-02A333ED25E8 (resized).pngD26AC4CA-C070-4778-B8FC-02A333ED25E8 (resized).png
#5172 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

What am I doing wrong? I’ve tried every spacing variation and I keep getting a syntax error.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you typing the word <enter>? Just press enter when you get to that, don't type it.

#5173 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you typing the word <enter>? Just press enter when you get to that, don't type it.

Yup, that was it. Thanks for the help!

#5174 1 year ago

Hi guys,

Software update 1.11 is now public! It's a minor update with various bugfixes.

Download:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software

Changelog:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/changelog

Enjoy and have a great weekend!

#5175 1 year ago

Even though it is a small thing, so glad to hear the call outs again when pushing the button. Thanks Koen!

#5176 1 year ago

Solid reliability release, thank you!

#5177 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Even though it is a small thing, so glad to hear the call outs again when pushing the button. Thanks Koen!

Fantastic news!

#5178 1 year ago

Rensh

Which board is the latest, shipping PC board?

#5179 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Rensh
Which board is the latest, shipping PC board?[quoted image]

The one to the right is the latest one I have seen. Pls do note that due to supply issues this may have changed already. They are all compatible with the same OS so nothing to worry.

#5180 1 year ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Hi guys,
Software update 1.11 is now public! It's a minor update with various bugfixes.
Download:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software
Changelog:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/changelog
Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Well done ( the " little things")...such a great game!!!

Thank you...

#5181 1 year ago

In regards to purchasing a TBL, is the consensus that this game is awesome despite some possible QC issues or not worth the all the bugs for the hefty price tag? I would love one but am a little gun shy because of the manufacturer.

#5182 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

In regards to purchasing a TBL, is the consensus that this game is awesome despite some possible QC issues or not worth the all the bugs for the hefty price tag? I would love one but am a little gun shy because of the manufacturer.

PM me. I've happily owned one for a couple of years now and would be happy to share my experience

#5183 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

PM me. I've happily owned one for a couple of years now and would be happy to share my experience

You should post it here for other potential buyers. Other people are bound to want to have that insight.

#5184 1 year ago
Quoted from benime:

You should post it here for other potential buyers. Other people are bound to want to have that insight.

I can PM you most definitely but yeah if you want to share here it’s cool with me (:

I have huge interest in the theme. But this would be a major, major purchase for me so between that and trepidation about the manufacturer I could use any insight I could get. Also I’m new to the hobby and really don’t have any experience servicing the machinery. My standpoint is is If I’m buying new I want a perfect machine for at least a little while.

#5185 1 year ago

Happy to share here instead. Like most of you, this is a great theme and really drew me in. The theme integration is awesome and the game really plays and feels like a modern bally/Williams game. With the new code especially, there is plenty to do and it's a ton of fun. The code is certainly not as deep or sophisticated as a modern stern, but the newer code really added some depth and, in my opinion, is a game changer for replayability.

I have found the machine to be pretty reliable thus far, but I've had some small issues along the way. To compare, I've owned a Godzilla Premium since it came out and have had basically zero issues except for a node board that went bad that stern replaced. That said, when I do encounter an issue DP's customer service via this channel, the TBL maintenance thread, and via email have been excellent. Having Rensh's support is invaluable both because he is responsive on these channels and he's added a ton of value via the service FAQ docs. He has really made the machine a LOT more approachable from a maintenance perspective because he's collected and organized all of the issues and how to resolve them with descriptions of the resolutions as well as pics.

To own one, you should expect having to perform some tweaks and you'll likely need to consult these channels and/or the service FAQ. Honestly though, I have experienced minimal issues and less than I anticipated. Will you need to maintain it more so than perhaps a newer stern...probably. is the available customer service and support docs sufficient to do so...absolutely.

DP seems to be taking code updates, service doc updates, and overall customer service quite seriously and I've been impressed by their level of support given their limited resources compared to the large companies like Stern, JJP, and CGC. I had issues with machines from all 3 of these manufacturers over the years and struggled more with their responsiveness and customer service approaches than with DPs.

Hopefully this helps but happy to get into any specifics via PM or over the phone if it helps any future buyer. I would absolutely recommend this machine and look forward to what comes next from DP. I understand that it's a high price tag, long wait, and a boutique manufacturer...totally understand the heightened perceived risks and challenges...I was concerned as well. I am a happy TBL owner and don't regret this purchase at all

#5186 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Happy to share here instead. Like most of you, this is a great theme and really drew me in. The theme integration is awesome and the game really plays and feels like a modern bally/Williams game. With the new code especially, there is plenty to do and it's a ton of fun. The code is certainly not as deep or sophisticated as a modern stern, but the newer code really added some depth and, in my opinion, is a game changer for replayability.
I have found the machine to be pretty reliable thus far, but I've had some small issues along the way. To compare, I've owned a Godzilla Premium since it came out and have had basically zero issues except for a node board that went bad that stern replaced. That said, when I do encounter an issue DP's customer service via this channel, the TBL maintenance thread, and via email have been excellent. Having Rensh's support is invaluable both because he is responsive on these channels and he's added a ton of value via the service FAQ docs. He has really made the machine a LOT more approachable from a maintenance perspective because he's collected and organized all of the issues and how to resolve them with descriptions of the resolutions as well as pics.
To own one, you should expect having to perform some tweaks and you'll likely need to consult these channels and/or the service FAQ. Honestly though, I have experienced minimal issues and less than I anticipated. Will you need to maintain it more so than perhaps a newer stern...probably. is the available customer service and support docs sufficient to do so...absolutely.
DP seems to be taking code updates, service doc updates, and overall customer service quite seriously and I've been impressed by their level of support given their limited resources compared to the large companies like Stern, JJP, and CGC. I had issues with machines from all 3 of these manufacturers over the years and struggled more with their responsiveness and customer service approaches than with DPs.
Hopefully this helps but happy to get into any specifics via PM or over the phone if it helps any future buyer. I would absolutely recommend this machine and look forward to what comes next from DP. I understand that it's a high price tag, long wait, and a boutique manufacturer...totally understand the heightened perceived risks and challenges...I was concerned as well. I am a happy TBL owner and don't regret this purchase at all

As a pending TBL owner - hopefully sooner than later - I truly appreciate your thoughtful feedback. Thanks for posting!

#5187 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Awesome feedback! It is pricey but not much more than a stern LE now. There seems to be a lot more mechs and integration compare to any stern. Looking forward to mine as well. This and alien certainly will add some variety to my other sterns. Can’t wait!!

#5188 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Thank you for this! You are awesome! Much appreciated (:

Can you recommend any other purchases for TBL? Cointaker has quite a lot of expensive upgrades available that don’t really explain what exactly they are. I have no idea what the $600 stay lit apron exactly is what exactly the decal set is too. Lol

#5189 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Can you recommend any other purchases for TBL? Cointaker has quite a lot of expensive upgrades available that don’t really explain what exactly they are. I have no idea what the $600 stay lit apron exactly is what exactly the decal set is too. Lol

Starry Lit Apron is the optional laser cut apron that lights up and has lighting sequences tied into the software . It’s a must have imho

#5190 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Starry Lit Apron is the optional laser cut apron that lights up and has lighting sequences tied into the software . It’s a must have imho

Yeah sounds awesome thanks

#5191 1 year ago

Any powder coat suggestions? Color of cabinet seems difficult to match . I was thinking bowling pin white if that’s even possible

#5192 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Any powder coat suggestions? Color of cabinet seems difficult to match . I was thinking bowling pin white if that’s even possible

I like my trim:
Candy Copper powdercoat and all wireramps real copper. Also the metalframe for the BigLebowski topper is powdercoated in Copper.
Fits perfect.

IMG_9074 (Bearbeitet) (resized).JPGIMG_9074 (Bearbeitet) (resized).JPGIMG_9561 (resized).jpgIMG_9561 (resized).jpgIMG_9573 (resized).jpgIMG_9573 (resized).jpg
#5193 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I like my trim:
Candy Copper powdercoat and all wireramps real copper. Also the metalframe for the BigLebowski topper is powdercoated in Copper.
Fits perfect.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is the copper sealed so it doesn't turn green or black from oxidation?

#5194 1 year ago

I recently acquired a huo. Amazing game for sure. The chrome grew on me and presents nice. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Quoted from acupunk12:

#5195 1 year ago

I think the game is perfect the way it is.

#5196 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the copper sealed so it doesn't turn green or black from oxidation?

Yes, the ramps are clearcoated. Copper will work and become green within the years. The wire on the apron is not coated and still looking as on the first day but I am sure it "will work".

Due to the needet clear I decided to powdercoat the armor in copper. Real copper would be more expensive and also needs clearcoating.

#5197 1 year ago

I chromed my coin door to match the side rails and lockdown bar, it really ties the pin together.

I’m not at my house so I don’t have any great photos, but I’ll put some up next week if people want to see.

Quoted from acupunk12:

30580347-9ADF-42EA-9FE5-F9614BE4BC11 (resized).png30580347-9ADF-42EA-9FE5-F9614BE4BC11 (resized).png7F9317F1-9331-495B-AE62-251F47EAD254 (resized).jpeg7F9317F1-9331-495B-AE62-251F47EAD254 (resized).jpeg
#5198 1 year ago

IMHO chrome looks great on this game. Wouldn't powder coat, save maybe for on location scenarios where chrome won't show well.

#5199 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I recently acquired a huo. Amazing game for sure. The chrome grew on me and presents nice. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Suddenly I’m looking how far you live from me John. I’m inviting myself over it seems (:

#5200 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

As others have said, the starry lit apron add-on is killer and I'd highly recommend it. You can add that to your order and have it factory installed which I would recommend to save you the trouble. I ordered several mods from pinsider cpr999 including his mod harness that allows you to easily power multiple mods. His stuff is great and I've experienced zero issues with any of it. I've also done some custom music work for it to add in the real music from the movie which I've really enjoyed. I also did the bowling ball launch button mod from another pinsider (don't remember who) which I really like. I really enjoy this game.

Another thing that I consider a must do is to adjust the switch that controls the rug hits. Essentially, I had to adjust this switch to make it more sensitive which has allowed for pretty much every hit from both flippers to register a hit when you shoot the rug mech. This took plenty of trial and error but it's been perfect for 6 months ever since I got it right. From the factory, it wasn't that sensitive and really only registered hard, direct hits which was frustrating...but you can eliminate that issue for sure

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
15,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/104?hl=mundy53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.