C3D75D63-16C7-49ED-A483-373F6EF09F2F (resized).jpeg
826B7525-6F9B-4193-9A2E-41C522F74D5F (resized).jpeg
3CF27A9C-111E-43B2-AED0-5F46923A76B7 (resized).jpeg
0178D4B9-3540-4640-99BA-8032B8024D31 (resized).jpeg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
the-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_629fe7414e6f9 (resized).jpg
Big Lebowski (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,155 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 104.
#5051 18 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Box should have had two straps holding it to the pallet.

Well something’s a bit fishy. Thanks for the input everyone

#5052 18 days ago

Man, I tell you what....only 20-30 minutes in, and my Bowling Alley plastic overlay is taking a beating, scratch wise. I polished away on those balls, but alas, here we are...it is what it is right now. The game is too damn fun to stop playing, after taking the time to do all the pre 'work'.

#5053 18 days ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

New to the club yesterday after more than a year wait! I didnt check for any pooling issues yet, but did have a few minor issues.
Ive only read through a few pages here so far. Was anyone else's new machine really really dirty? Mine had a massive layer of dust on it towards the head of the machine, on top of and under the glass. Have never seen anything like that on a NIB machine. Other than that I have a disappointing crack in the head. Looks like I can probably glue it and clamp it, but doesnt look like it will level out perfectly unless anyone has any repair suggestions. Other than that, I just had to track down a connection that came unplugged to the coin door to get it up and running.
Plays great![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would not be okay with that. Reach out to Dutch and Melissa to see what your options are. After my last couple NIB purchases I’ve taken the box off of every machine before signing off on it. It’s just too much of a risk otherwise. I’m sure you will be taken care of!

#5054 18 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

As you should. There's no other pin quite like it!
[quoted image]

If you want to see what John Turturro is up to lately check out Severance on Apple TV. That show would be a great pinball theme.

7D9F29F3-55A8-4CAF-9BFC-7CE124B121E1 (resized).jpeg
#5055 18 days ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Man, I tell you what....only 20-30 minutes in, and my Bowling Alley plastic overlay is taking a beating, scratch wise. I polished away on those balls, but alas, here we are...it is what it is right now. The game is too damn fun to stop playing, after taking the time to do all the pre 'work'.

I put mirror polish balls in my game from the get go and my bowling alley plastic is still looking really nice, if you don’t have any premium balls on hand I strongly suggest ordering some ASAP.

#5056 18 days ago
Quoted from JimB:

If you want to see what John Turturro is up to lately check out Severance on Apple TV. That show would be a great pinball theme.[quoted image]

I don't get the love for Severance. If we're talking Apple TV shows, I'd buy a Mythic Quest or Ted Lasso pin LONG before I'd put $1 into a Severance pin. Always forgetting high scores and achievements would be a drag.

#5057 18 days ago

Found this today at a local toy shop. Not sure if I want to unbox it and find a spot for it in the game, or have it be a tiny topper lol

Even has the brand new window sticker on the driver’s side like in the movie!

IS THIS YOUR HOMEWORK, LARRY!?

They also sold the private investigator’s blue Beetle.
58E587B1-EAFE-425E-9C7F-320E19251F64 (resized).jpeg

#5058 18 days ago

I have decided to unbox it.

Wow, PERFECT size for this spot!

63B2EC3E-9C8C-43FE-906A-3C06989BE92C (resized).jpeg69434331-994B-46F1-8653-A71D734A0D7C (resized).jpegCFA89C00-0B77-4EDD-A819-F4838537D15E (resized).jpeg
#5059 18 days ago
Quoted from JimB:

If you want to see what John Turturro is up to lately check out Severance on Apple TV. That show would be a great pinball theme.[quoted image]

Fantastic series, but don’t think it would make a great pin. Can’t wait for the follow up season.

#5060 18 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Here a picture I took once on the assembly line. Let me check what current status is with people having a ring yes or no
Edit: I checked and there was a brief period a ring was used but standard it isn’t. Apparently space is too narrow for one. Checked now and mine also doesn’t have one.
Apparently my picture was made during the short period it was used….. lucky me
[quoted image]

I don't have a rubber installed on mine either...

#5061 18 days ago

Update…. I talked to Melissa. She was really nice but told me there was nothing she could do since my wife signed for the box (it did look perfect and the sensors were fine). She recommended I file a claim with FedEx. I decided it was more trouble than it was worth since the crack looked mostly fixable. Little wood glue and a couple clamps today and I’d say it’s pretty hard to tell it was there. A little sanding and paint would make it un noticible.
Anyone know if there’s a special type of black paint to use for a touch up?

6651C425-4A7A-464C-80A1-42633F6378B8 (resized).jpeg74B0B859-D79A-43F9-90C8-CCFD2827CE72 (resized).jpeg
#5062 18 days ago

Normally rustoleam satin

#5063 18 days ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Update…. I talked to Melissa. She was really nice but told me there was nothing she could do since my wife signed for the box (it did look perfect and the sensors were fine). She recommended I file a claim with FedEx. I decided it was more trouble than it was worth since the crack looked mostly fixable. Little wood glue and a couple clamps today and I’d say it’s pretty hard to tell it was there. A little sanding and paint would make it un noticible.
Anyone know if there’s a special type of black paint to use for a touch up? [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks much better. You can also opt for some flat t-molding to cover it if it bothers you.

#5064 18 days ago

Anyone making protectors for the rug hole? Seems like the ball hits the exposed edge?

#5065 18 days ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Hey gang, I’ve been working with Sonic to get the measurements done on his MRS switch fix for the scoop………installed the part today and it absolutely worked perfectly, two screws to remove and unplug the roller switch, re used the screws and it’s plug and play with the fitting pre-installed. Couldn’t be happier! Yes, the original screws are pretty long for this piece and one of mine didn’t want to go through fully so I will address that later (my game is a little hard to work on where it currently sits under a low ceiling beam).
Thank you Matt, love your work and innovation for these switches. Now to get my IMDN back alley installed and working…….
[quoted image]

Sonic strikes again! Seems like every new game I get now, Sonic is there with the magic MRS solution to all mechanical switch shenanigans. Need to place another order for this fix as it’s just started playing up on line also. Wish they were generic so I could just order a dozen switches to have on hand.

#5066 18 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone making protectors for the rug hole? Seems like the ball hits the exposed edge?

This is what Cliffy has for TBL. If you're talking about something not in his kit, just ask him.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/TBL-Full-Set.JPG

#5067 18 days ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I’d be curious to see if it’s the same playfield cover you find in Creature from the Black Lagoon or Munsters Premium/LE could probably get a new one for $90. I’d be more concerned about what those balls might be doing to the clearcoat/playfield itself. I’ve got a TBL on order and would like to know if these fit. https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=545-1079

#5068 18 days ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

I’d be curious to see if it’s the same playfield cover you find in Creature from the Black Lagoon or Munsters Premium/LE could probably get a new one for $90. I’d be more concerned about what those balls might be doing to the clearcoat/playfield itself. I’ve got a TBL on order and would like to know if these fit. https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=545-1079

I believe this is the one you would be looking for. The Stern ones won’t fit…

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8702

#5069 18 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Let me chime in for a moment despite the holidays.
Till now ‘only’ 7 cases have been reported with me with all serial numbers below 700 (we are now 800++). One is below 600, all others are 600-700 range.
MUCH to early to tell but seeing below 700 it could indicate that something has changed and that from a certain date the failure rate drops to zero or close to zero. If you thus have a TBL on pre-order, relax pls.
Again, to early to say (much) more but this are the figures till now.
I hope you appreciate our openness and see it as a token that we take this serious. Do I have all the answers now? Nope, but we will deal with this. How? Pls wait till januari.
For the rest I find it most interesting to see responses from users owning a TBL and who have also other pins with a similar issue and how they handled it. Pls keep that coming. Thanks.

Being that jjp has had the same problems, but seemingly more frequent than others I’d say…..wouldn’t you want a playfield manufacturer to give you “the best” of the industry being that the playfield is really one of the most important parts of the game…
If I had a “vendor” throwing ape shit at me, I would tell him to kick rocks! I know there’s not a lot of vendors out there at a capacity scale to handle some of the business out there, but if they are thrown a few bucks, it can happen and the dumbass negligent assholes will go away, while the guys with real talent succeed!!

#5070 17 days ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I believe this is the one you would be looking for. The Stern ones won’t fit…
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8702

Ahh yes, thank you..the only one I could find for Creature/Congo was tinted green for some reason. Has anyone verified that these fit TBL??

#5071 16 days ago

Hi fellow Dudes,

With this post I want to bring you up to speed on what we are doing now in regard to the pooling/chipping issue which some are having to a greater or lesser extent.

As mentioned before, this is uncharted territory for us and we are reading up on this. Work from fellow-pinsiders like this post, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands, is priceless to get knowledge on this issue.

Also, I would like to mention that till now only a limited number of cases have been reported and thus the chance is very high you will never encounter it. Main impact area is the slingshot area which is I think >90% of the cases. Seen, among others, also some issues at the narrow posts used in the pop bumper section.

Please also do note reports on this came to us at the start of Christmas holidays eg it took some time to get organized on this. I fully realize everybody wants to know asap what the next step will be, and can only ask for patience.

I want to break this topic into three parts:

1. How to prevent this for sure happening again in new to print playfields?

For this, work is in progress to withdraw the artwork from below all the posts. In this way the clear coat will not be on top of ink but direct to wood. Expect this to be finalized within a few weeks and no more new playfields are being printed from now on till this work is done.

Attached you see a 3D preview render of how the artwork looks around the (star)posts.

2. How to prevent it happening on playfields with artwork below posts?

For this we are very likely going to follow a solution which has been used with success with other manufacturers, e.g. the use of (silicone) washers. Have reached out to a number of Pinsiders who did this and they reported success with it.

An order has been placed for this type of product. We have yet to receive these washers so no personal experience with them yet. As soon as they are received the production-line will start using them if they fit as we expect them to fit.

We are also working on a procedure to be able to supply these washers to existing TBL-owners but this takes some time to organize. If you don’t want to wait for this, known sources with me are Pinball Life and Titan. Used in TBL are 14 bigger ones for starposts and 34 smaller ones for the metal posts and narrow plastic posts as found in the pop bumper area. Again, the main impact areas are the slingshots (6 star posts in total) and we don’t expect all of them need a washer. As it’s however a relatively cheap product I would suggest to do at least the slingshots and the pop bumper section.

3. Most difficult one, the best way forward for those experiencing this issue?

For this we are having on-going discussions and a final proposal is I think still several weeks out. Rest assured, you will not be forgotten. Coming with a realistic solution for all parties involved is just not easy.

We hope to have informed you sufficiently with this for now. To be continued asap.

image (resized).png
#5072 16 days ago

Wow; this is great news, and a terrific example of how a company should respond when an issue like this arises.

Thanks to Rensh and to DP for all of your hard work and attention in this matter. Now I feel totally reassured for when I receive my TBL (which should be very soon!).

#5073 16 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hi fellow Dudes,
With this post I want to bring you up to speed on what we are doing now in regard to the pooling/chipping issue which some are having to a greater or lesser extent.
As mentioned before, this is uncharted territory for us and we are reading up on this. Work from fellow-pinsiders like this post, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands, is priceless to get knowledge on this issue.
Also, I would like to mention that till now only a limited number of cases have been reported and thus the chance is very high you will never encounter it. Main impact area is the slingshot area which is I think >90% of the cases. Seen, among others, also some issues at the narrow posts used in the pop bumper section.
Please also do note reports on this came to us at the start of Christmas holidays eg it took some time to get organized on this. I fully realize everybody wants to know asap what the next step will be, and can only ask for patience.
For this, work is in progress to withdraw the artwork from below all the posts. In this way the clear coat will not be on top of ink but direct to wood. Expect this to be finalized within a few weeks and no more new playfields are being printed from now on till this work is done.
Attached you see a 3D preview render of how the artwork looks around the (star)posts.
For this we are very likely going to follow a solution which has been used with success with other manufacturers, e.g. the use of (silicone) washers. Have reached out to a number of Pinsiders who did this and they reported success with it.
An order has been placed for this type of product. We have yet to receive these washers so no personal experience with them yet. As soon as they are received the production-line will start using them if they fit as we expect them to fit.
We are also working on a procedure to be able to supply these washers to existing TBL-owners but this takes some time to organize. If you don’t want to wait for this, known sources with me are Pinball Life and Titan. Used in TBL are 14 bigger ones for starposts and 34 smaller ones for the metal posts and narrow plastic posts as found in the pop bumper area. Again, the main impact areas are the slingshots (6 star posts in total) and we don’t expect all of them need a washer. As it’s however a relatively cheap product I would suggest to do at least the slingshots and the pop bumper section.
For this we are having on-going discussions and a final proposal is I think still several weeks out. Rest assured, you will not be forgotten. Coming with a realistic solution for all parties involved is just not easy.
We hope to have informed you sufficiently with this for now. To be continued asap.
[quoted image]

I think you are going to find a lot more popping up. I didn't notice until I looked... and sure enough I was getting some pooling under the starpost. There is definitely a cumulative effect... I had about 200 plays on mine.

#5074 16 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I think you are going to find a lot more popping up. I didn't notice until I looked... and sure enough I was getting some pooling under the starpost. There is definitely a cumulative effect... I had about 200 plays on mine.

Unfortunately, a lot more. If there are problems in one area, there will eventually be problems in most areas (judging from what I saw with GnR playfields). It is just a matter of time, and needing to intervene before it happens

There is nothing special about the quality of printing and clear around the sling and bumper areas. They just happen to get enough hits that they are the first place the problem would show

#5075 16 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hi fellow Dudes,

I hope we see an improved playfield even with moving the art around the posts, as Stern did on Batman 66, and washers such as JJPotc, and so on. If there is a chip on the playfield from a ball, same thing will happen in time. Thanks for addressing this.

#5076 16 days ago

Rensh, great response. Thank you.

#5077 16 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hi fellow Dudes,
[quoted image]

I have experienced this with Pirates and one other pin. I refuse to buy another Jjp because of the problems I had with pirates. Jjp are oblivious to it and don’t seem to care. Having just bought a TBL which has not arrived yet I find this deeply troubling.

The problem with rubber or silicone washers is 2 fold:

1) it just pushes the pooling out to the edge of the washer. It does not stop the pooling. It may stop chipping since it is a softer material which may soak up some of the vibration.
2) it raises the height of the star washer which then causes the ball to slip under and get caught inside the slings. To fix this you need to swap to double star posts. The bottom groove on the double star post is lower than a single. But, This changes the height of the post which means the wireform returns will be slightly higher at the ends and a bit slower.

All of this I reported to JJP with pirates and they did not respond.

I think the best fix is the small heat iron which some pinsiders have used to with success. I don’t know if it fixes it from now on. Problem is I cannot source one in Australia.

What is heartening and making me keep my TBL order is the attitude of people like yourself. Any problem can be solved. Looking forward to what solution arises.

#5078 16 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I think the best fix is the small heat iron which some pinsiders have used to with success. I don’t know if it fixes it from now on. Problem is I cannot source one in Australia.

The vinyl repair iron heat seems to "set" the clear so it doesn't pool after that, for the treated area only. Others have reported success with a hair dryer, but I haven't tried this method. The vinyl iron makes more sense to me.

If you end up getting a pinmonk.com order and want me to get one of these irons for you to include with the shipment, let me know. I'll be happy to get one for you and you can just pay whatever it cost me and any shipping bump if the weight kicks it up.

#5079 16 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The vinyl repair iron heat seems to "set" the clear so it doesn't pool after that, for the treated area only. Others have reported success with a hair dryer, but I haven't tried this method. The vinyl iron makes more sense to me.
If you end up getting a pinmonk.com order and want me to get one of these irons for you to include with the shipment, let me know. I'll be happy to get one for you and you can just pay whatever it cost me and any shipping bump if the weight kicks it up.

Quoted from gumnut01:

I have experienced this with Pirates and one other pin. I refuse to buy another Jjp because of the problems I had with pirates. Jjp are oblivious to it and don’t seem to care. Having just bought a TBL which has not arrived yet I find this deeply troubling.
The problem with rubber or silicone washers is 2 fold:
1) it just pushes the pooling out to the edge of the washer. It does not stop the pooling. It may stop chipping since it is a softer material which may soak up some of the vibration.
2) it raises the height of the star washer which then causes the ball to slip under and get caught inside the slings. To fix this you need to swap to double star posts. The bottom groove on the double star post is lower than a single. But, This changes the height of the post which means the wireform returns will be slightly higher at the ends and a bit slower.
All of this I reported to JJP with pirates and they did not respond.
What is heartening and making me keep my TBL order is the attitude of people like yourself. Any problem can be solved. Looking forward to what solution arises.

He'll need to get a voltage transformer also.

You also have to be very careful - those irons get really hot and can do more damage than the OG problem.

IMO the silicone doesn't just push the pooling to the edge - they are softer than the clear, so that shouldn't happen. Plastic or metal washers on the other hand do exactly that which is why silicone is preferred. The silicone absorbs the vibrations and provides a protective layer. The silicone combined with the mylar is in my experience the best solution so far. If I were Dutch i'd also be putting the mylar rings down also.

#5080 16 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

He'll need to get a voltage transformer also.
You also have to be very careful - those irons get really hot and can do more damage than the OG problem.
IMO the silicone doesn't just push the pooling to the edge - they are softer than the clear, so that shouldn't happen. Plastic or metal washers on the other hand do exactly that which is why silicone is preferred. The silicone absorbs the vibrations and provides a protective layer. The silicone combined with the mylar is in my experience the best solution so far. If I were Dutch i'd also be putting the mylar rings down also.

Yeah, there's no temp regulation, but if you take it slow, keep it moving and don't press it on too long, it works out fine and really does seem to harden the actual clear (using a fingernail test later). My preferred method of dealing with the Mirco nonsense. Yelobird deserves kudos for innovating it.

Chris Hutchins uses very thin metal small diameter washers that are just as big as the outside diameter of the inside tube the post goes through in the star posts so the star post can't dig in, and it doesn't push the damage past the outside diameter of the post or washer.

#5081 16 days ago

Thanks PinMonk for your offer very generous of you. Someone just reached out to me and offered one on loan which is amazing too.

I am a little cautious in trying this but will if all else fails. I usually stuff up my first attempt and then have the ohhhhhhh moment and then get better on subsequent attempts.

I am curious how silicone is better performing than rubber. I also question how any material under compression will perform. Star posts have to be down tight or they will move when the slings fire. If the clear is soft, then even though the rubber or silicone won’t dig in and chip it will under pressure just push the clear further out over time. I flattened out the pooling nicely on Pirates only to discover new pooling occurring a year later at the edge of my protection. I also don’t think that time cures these playfields. If the clear goes on too thick and soft it will remain that way for years.

Anyway I have 2 options switching from rubber to silicone and if all else fails the hair dryer or leather iron. It’s weird that we don’t have any with Australian plugs and voltages. They do sell similar ones in the uk so this would solve the voltage problem for us.

Looking forward to a definitive solution.

#5082 16 days ago

Ok someone just helped me with this link

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=154

Pinballhaus in Queensland sell them. These could be it. Will give it a try. Anyone have a link to a YouTube or instructions on using the hair dryer fix?

#5083 16 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks PinMonk for your offer very generous of you. Someone just reached out to me and offered one on loan which is amazing too.
I am a little cautious in trying this but will if all else fails. I usually stuff up my first attempt and then have the ohhhhhhh moment and then get better on subsequent attempts.

If you're nervous, take off a large plastic at the top corner of the playfield (or under the apron) and try it in that inconspicuous area. That way if you don't do a great first pass, nothing will show.

#5084 16 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're nervous, take off a large plastic at the top corner of the playfield (or under the apron) and try it in that inconspicuous area. That way if you don't do a great first pass, nothing will show.

Thanks Vik. Also had this advice messaged to me:

“With the hairdryer you just heat it up and the clear will level by itself when its hot enough. It’s like magic. Then let it cool before apply mylar ring and washer. Start with an area in a less visible spot until your used to doing it”

#5085 16 days ago

There is still some confusion in here that this is clear coat pooling, rather than the printed design on the play field simply getting torn from the wood and chipped up.

Pooling clear is when the clear wasn’t set and hardened. Automotive clear, when applied thick as on various artwork or tables, etc can pool or unpool with heat applications.

This issue is the force of the star posts being hit separating poorly adhered artwork from the wood.

At first glance it may look like clear pooling, but it’s just the printed art bubbled off of the surface.

#5086 16 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

There is still some confusion in here that this is clear coat pooling, rather than the printed design on the play field simply getting torn from the wood and chipped up.
Pooling clear is when the clear wasn’t set and hardened. Automotive clear, when applied thick as on various artwork or tables, etc can pool or unpool with heat applications.
This issue is the force of the star posts being hit separating poorly adhered artwork from the wood.
At first glance it may look like clear pooling, but it’s just the printed art bubbled off of the surface.

It's more of a combination of soft clear and very poor art adhesion. The clear is sticking to the art, but is too soft. The art isn't sticking to the prepped wood. So when the soft clear starts to pool, the art rises with it because the wood doesn't hold it down. Then when it's been up a while in a pooled wrinkle and that sets, when it's hit or disturbed, it chips.

If the clear wasn't pooling, it wouldn't raise the art. If the art was adhering to the prepped wood, the clear would have a harder time pooling. But having BOTH those issues leads to what we've seen with Mirco's garbage output pretty much since he switched to digital, with JJP, direct sales, and now Dutch.

#5087 16 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's more of a combination of soft clear and very poor art adhesion. The clear is sticking to the art, but is too soft. The art isn't sticking to the prepped wood. So when the soft clear starts to pool, the art rises with it because the wood doesn't hold it down. Then when it's been up a while in a pooled wrinkle and that sets, when it's hit or disturbed, it chips.
If the clear wasn't pooling, it wouldn't raise the art. If the art was adhering to the prepped wood, the clear would have a harder time pooling. But having BOTH those issues leads to what we've seen with Mirco's garbage output pretty much since he switched to digital, with JJP, direct sales, and now Dutch.

I am very curious to know what he changed in his process when TS4 went into production? So far we haven’t seen TS4 with issues or any TBL with playfield issues that was made after approx August of 2022. I am guessing that a change in Mirco’s process of some sort was made last summer.

#5088 16 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am very curious to know what he changed in his process when TS4 went into production? So far we haven’t seen TS4 with issues or any TBL with playfield issues that was made after approx August of 2022. I am guessing that a change in Mirco’s process of some sort was made last summer.

I feel like JJP had a "Come to Jesus" talk with Mirco to fix it once and for all in the time before Toy Story when the GnR complaints were at a high. If Mirco didn't fix the issue, JJP would part ways permanently. I know JJP investigated switching to at least one other company around that time. We'll see if it's real or an anomaly and those playfields start failing, too, but just longer-term. I won't believe Mirco has really fixed the issue until there's more time. Too many broken promises.

#5089 15 days ago

Was Williams Indiana Jones diamond plated? I’m restoring one now and had the thing apart and playfield is solid. Need to get back to this for the prices we pay from all manufacturers.

Glad my TBL will be the new improved playfield.

#5090 15 days ago

I'm glad I didn't bail on my order. Thinking this should be resolved by the time I get my game. Plus I may make the long drive to cointaker and unbox and inspect personally.

#5091 15 days ago

Curious what sort of production gap there will be until the new playfields (with art away from posts) is available.

I think we all would agree that the delay is worth it (at least for us as customers, I know this is crazy painful for DP, and Mirco once again dodges accountability for the dumpster fire they've created)

I imagine there are a lot of playfields already at the factory and machines in process, for example

#5092 15 days ago

Would be interesting to know how many playfields are left that will be used up and when the switch will be. They just said they halted playfield production. Not game production.

#5093 15 days ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Would be interesting to know how many playfields are left that will be used up and when the switch will be. They just said they halted playfield production. Not game production.

If Dutch manually heated the clear of whatever stock they have, they could probably set it so there wouldn't be an issue.

Probably.

#5094 15 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If Dutch manually heated the clear of whatever stock they have, they could probably set it so there wouldn't be an issue.
Probably.

There’s no real way to know how long that would work, is there? Just because it looks right doesn’t mean it will hold up for years, and as I think you pointed out pinmonk the artwork not binding to the wood after the clear is applied isn’t just a problem under the posts, that’s just where it’s first seen.

#5095 15 days ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

There’s no real way to know how long that would work, is there? Just because it looks right doesn’t mean it will hold up for years, and as I think you pointed out pinmonk the artwork not binding to the wood after the clear is applied isn’t just a problem under the posts, that’s just where it’s first seen.

We already have at least a few years of real world data from the PotC, Wonka, and GnR pins the Iron method was used on that held up well after that was one. So chances are good, but we're only a few years in at this point.

None of this changes the fact that Mirco's name is mud for foisting this on the pinball world with no guilt or regret and denying pretty much all of it publicly.

#5096 15 days ago

Dutch can bump me up in line for anyone that wants to wait for a new playfield. It’s a sacrifice but someone has to do it.

#5097 13 days ago

Anyone have a right sided head box that they don’t need?

#5098 12 days ago

Anyone interesting in a 1/6th scale 'dude' to tie their pinball decor together?
This is the Sideshow "Exclusive" version with the joint.
I've got a spare, MIB - $200 shipped (domestic U.S., Int'l shipping will be more). they sell for $250.
(Pic with the BL Bluray box w/Bowling bag is not included, but shows the dude on display)
PM me if you're interested.
Big Lebowski (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpgthe-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_629fe7414e6f9 (resized).jpg

#5099 12 days ago

#5100 12 days ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Anyone interesting in a 1/6th scale 'dude' to tie their pinball decor together?
I've got a spare, MIB - $200 shipped (domestic U.S., Int'l shipping will be more). they sell for $250.
(Pic with the BL Bluray box w/Bowling bag is not included, but shows the dude on display)
PM me if you're interested.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

is it the sideshow exclusive with joint?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
15,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Seattle, WA
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
There are 5,155 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 104.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.