flipper position (1) (resized).jpeg
flipper position (2) (resized).jpeg
flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 146.
#451 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone install mirror blades in TBL? If so which ones (source/manufacturer)?

Went with the theme art blades myself. More of a bowling alley vibe.

#452 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This was a controversy a few years back, DP claimed they had full original songs and posted a pic of Roger Sharpe “certifying” that their IP agreements were in order, then had to walk it back and replace with instrumental covers.
Luckily it still sounds pretty good!

And that's all thanks to JULES from DP , he did it all (a one man army misician who did all the recordings and played all instruments + he's a real cool dude )

#454 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone install mirror blades in TBL? If so which ones (source/manufacturer)?

I have both mirror and art blades. The mirror is nice to get extra light in the back left corner but I thought it looked odd having a mirrored White Russian and garage. This look works for me. I got the Bally/Williams DMD Mirror Blades from CoinTaker and the fit is just fine.

IMG_0347 (resized).JPGIMG_0347 (resized).JPGIMG_0353 (resized).JPGIMG_0353 (resized).JPGIMG_0355 (resized).JPGIMG_0355 (resized).JPGIMG_0356 (resized).JPGIMG_0356 (resized).JPGIMG_0358 (resized).JPGIMG_0358 (resized).JPGIMG_0362 (resized).JPGIMG_0362 (resized).JPG
#455 4 years ago

great idea , like it a lot

#456 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

I have both mirror and art blades. The mirror is nice to get extra light in the back left corner but I thought it looked odd having a mirrored White Russian and garage. This look works for me. I got the Bally/Williams DMD Mirror Blades from CoinTaker and the fit is just fine.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think that's the first time I've seen that combo of side blades (mirror on one, art blade on the other)...but I must say, that looks pretty damn cool on this game.

#457 4 years ago

So I hear about extra parts being available to buy. Is that really true and if so where? I think this game looks great but lack of parts would be little concerning.

#458 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I hear about extra parts being available to buy. Is that really true and if so where? I think this game looks great but lack of parts would be little concerning.

I bought an extra Playfield and a full set of plastics. And an additional translite.

#459 4 years ago

Is there a solid fix for the Car motor
That doesn’t close the car all the way ?

The carpet is another one
Solid fix ?

Not sure if there already was something

#460 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Is there a solid fix for the Car motor
That doesn’t close the car all the way ?
The carpet is another one
Solid fix ?
Not sure if there already was something

What is the issues? Thx

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I bought an extra Playfield and a full set of plastics. And an additional translite.

Check your translite. The extra one I bought is not the same size as the one my game came with.

#462 4 years ago

Hello everyone. Just got this game. Ive played about 10 games on it thus far; however, now there's a pop up on the monitor that says "System program problem detected" and two boxes with choices to "Cancel or Report the Problem"
Tried to turn game on/off, but after about 20 seconds, the notification comes up. The screen still playing in the background. Music still goes, Game still plays with this message on, all coils seem to fire. Nothing stands out on the board in the backbox or in the cabinet. I See no blown fuses with all red LEDs next to all fuses.
I was told this game is running the most recent available code.
Ive never had a machine that has a computer pop-up like this before...I have literally no idea where to go from here.
I need help. What do I do??
Thanks!

IMG_20191015_051809 (resized).jpgIMG_20191015_051809 (resized).jpg
#463 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Thanks but I'm talking about the specific game parts like carpet mech, car etc.

#464 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Hello everyone. Just got this game. Ive played about 10 games on it thus far; however, now there's a pop up on the monitor that says "System program problem detected" and two boxes with choices to "Cancel or Report the Problem"
Tried to turn game on/off, but after about 20 seconds, the notification comes up. The screen still playing in the background. Music still goes, Game still plays with this message on, all coils seem to fire. Nothing stands out on the board in the backbox or in the cabinet. I See no blown fuses with all red LEDs next to all fuses.
Ive never had a machine that has a computer pop-up like this before...I have literally no idea where to go from here.
Thanks![quoted image]

Re-loading the code probably won't fix this.

#465 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thanks![quoted image]

Is that the error talked about earlier in this thread, turning off Ubuntu OS mesages?

#466 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Is that the error talked about earlier in this thread, turning off Ubuntu OS mesages?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/8#post-5206923

#467 4 years ago

Thanks for your response guys. I will look into that this evening. I appreciate you turning me on to this potential fix!

#468 4 years ago

Hey guys, question. I emailed with Barry and he said that this issue of this pop-up saying "system problem" was an easy fix and he let me know what to do. He told me to connect a keyboard and mouse to the cmouter, then follow some commands. So I took a keyboard and mouse from work, both with their own USB connections, but problem is, I'm looking everywhere in the machine and I dont see anywhere obvious to connect these USBs to. I feel like an idiot.
Can someone let me know where to look.
Thanks!

#469 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Hey guys, question. I emailed with Barry and he said that this issue of this pop-up saying "system problem" was an easy fix and he let me know what to do. He told me to connect a keyboard and mouse to the cmouter, then follow some commands. So I took a keyboard and mouse from work, both with their own USB connections, but problem is, I'm looking everywhere in the machine and I dont see anywhere obvious to connect these USBs to. I feel like an idiot.
Can someone let me know where to look.
Thanks!

I litererally have the same thing after blowing a fuse
Barry told me the same thing.

#470 4 years ago

Take out Translite

Top Left computer

Along the top- you will see wires- 2nd block In I think - has USB connectors there

#471 4 years ago
870AD5E9-1688-4BD7-86CD-17E9126D12F1 (resized).png870AD5E9-1688-4BD7-86CD-17E9126D12F1 (resized).png
#472 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Take out Translite
Top Left computer
Along the top- you will see wires- 2nd block In I think - has USB connectors there

I see. Man,that's hard to see. It looks like there is a black USB behind and a gray USB in front, do we take out both and put the keyboard and mouse in them, and if so, in what order? How did you connect the keyboard and the mouse? Should I take that upper left board down to do this? Sorry if these are stupid questions...I just don't know.
Thanks!!!!

#473 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This was a controversy a few years back, DP claimed they had full original songs and posted a pic of Roger Sharpe “certifying” that their IP agreements were in order, then had to walk it back and replace with instrumental covers.
Luckily it still sounds pretty good!

I wonder if anyone can come up with a way to add audio files of the originals.

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I see. Man,that's hard to see. It looks like there is a black USB behind and a gray USB in front, do we take out both and put the keyboard and mouse in them, and if so, in what order? How did you connect the keyboard and the mouse? Should I take that upper left board down to do this? Sorry if these are stupid questions...I just don't know.
Thanks!!!!

There’s a few empty slots

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

There’s a few empty slots

So I was able to get keyboard and mouse hooked up, I didn't see extra slots, so I just removed the 2 USBs that were in there and put the mouse and keyboard in their place.
I hit cancel on the pop-up, escape on the keyboard to enter into that Unobutu desktop, but when I hit CTL-ALT-T to out that command into the Terminal screen that Barry recommended, the Terminal screen would pop up only for one second, very glitchy, and then disappear. Tried turning the machine on / off but same thing would happen. I ultimately ended up hitting the "send error report" on the pop up, for which I do not have the password for that to complete, gave up and turned the machine off and then on again ...and now the pop up has been gone for 6-7 games and game plays well. So at least the pop-up is gone for now ...only question is, why didn't the Terminal screen stay up so I could put those recommended commands...

#476 4 years ago

I believe “dp” is the password. Send error report was enough to get rid of it for me, twice. The same issue came up on my replacement motherboard.

#477 4 years ago

A couple of issues for me are that the music drops out sometimes during a rug mode. Also the right upper flipper isn’t quite strong enough unless I adjust the strength to the 25 max setting each time I power it up, as it doesn’t save the setting.

#478 4 years ago

How's the code on this guy's? Deep enough but not overly deep right? Any comparison to level of depth for more popular accessible games?

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How's the code on this guy's? Deep enough but not overly deep right? Any comparison to level of depth for more popular accessible games?

Think attack from mars depth with 3 more car modes and TBL theme.

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Really? That doesn't sound deep at all. Hmmmm I might need to watch now videos if it.

#481 4 years ago

Code is pretty basic and it’s under .5 so I would wait if you don’t have one and see if Barry gets the code to 1.0. That to me would mean Barrybis serious about making TVL and Dutch pinball viable. The wizard mode hasn’t been coded from my understanding. The programmer is still around but has a day job from what I’m told. Some have thought about pooling money to have him complete the code but nothing has happened in about a month.

Seems people think Barry is going to get all these games out however he promised EA’s who purchased another TBL special extras but delivered an EA game without the extras saying he would get them to the EA in a couple weeks. Hope it happens but this is Barry we are talking about.

#482 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really? That doesn't sound deep at all. Hmmmm I might need to watch now videos if it.

Deep and fun aren’t always the same thing. I recently sold one of the deepest games out there because it was like studying for final exams, even after 500 plays. I want to have fun when playing pinball! Lebowski is fun like the classic Williams games, so if you don’t like them, it’s probably not for you.

#483 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So I was able to get keyboard and mouse hooked up, I didn't see extra slots, so I just removed the 2 USBs that were in there and put the mouse and keyboard in their place.
I hit cancel on the pop-up, escape on the keyboard to enter into that Unobutu desktop, but when I hit CTL-ALT-T to out that command into the Terminal screen that Barry recommended, the Terminal screen would pop up only for one second, very glitchy, and then disappear. Tried turning the machine on / off but same thing would happen. I ultimately ended up hitting the "send error report" on the pop up, for which I do not have the password for that to complete, gave up and turned the machine off and then on again ...and now the pop up has been gone for 6-7 games and game plays well. So at least the pop-up is gone for now ...only question is, why didn't the Terminal screen stay up so I could put those recommended commands...

Same here.
I ended up pressing the windows logo and a side menu appeared
Then clicked on Terminal and allowed me to type in a command- but the command Doesn’t work?

Im no computer expert

7AAF2FC4-4AA6-4C0A-B8A2-55A0F5DCA9AB (resized).jpeg7AAF2FC4-4AA6-4C0A-B8A2-55A0F5DCA9AB (resized).jpeg
#484 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Deep and fun aren’t always the same thing. I recently sold one of the deepest games out there because it was like studying for final exams, even after 500 plays. I want to have fun when playing pinball! Lebowski is fun like the classic Williams games, so if you don’t like them, it’s probably not for you.

Agreed - not saying it has to be deep but I did think it was deeper than classic BW.....sounds like no.

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Agreed - not saying it has to be deep but I did think it was deeper than classic BW.....sounds like no.

Yeah, it's all personal preference. I love my BM66 but TZ will be the last to go. Lebowski has great theme and video integration, so it is hilarious, and the shots are excellent. For me, that is more valuable than unending games with overly complex rulesets.

#486 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Then clicked on Terminal and allowed me to type in a command- but the command Doesn’t work?

You need to place the spaces correctly (after sudo and rm), i.e: sudo rm /var/crash/*

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

TBL plays and feels very much like a classic BW. Many of us like that about it, but if you're expecting modern Stern/JJP depth you'll be sorely disappointed. If they ever do anything more with the code they'll no doubt add some polish and maybe a few more nuggets of gameplay, but it's hard to imagine TBL transforming into LOTR or SW. That was just never what DP was aiming for with this game.

Meantime, if you're buying the game buy it for the code it has today. Given DP's precarious situation, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you assume that more significant code changes are coming.

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

You need to place the spaces correctly (after sudo and rm), i.e: sudo rm /var/crash/*

It still didn’t work- went with the video In this thread and that has worked

#489 4 years ago

Would you consider this game deeper in code or lighter in code to alien, now that you've owned both? I really love alien's code which is very deep but def deep enough with all the modes, MBs life cycles, etc.

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Would you consider this game deeper in code or lighter in code to alien, now that you've owned both? I really love alien's code which is very deep but def deep enough with all the modes, MBs life cycles, etc.

I have both. Alien definitely deeper imo but I enjoy shooting TBL more.

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I have both. Alien definitely deeper imo but I enjoy shooting TBL more.

Thanks - glad to hear from you as well on this. Didn't know you had both. Is there a rules list available?

TBL reminds me a lot of alien in that it has great video and sound integration. I love watching the video clips and it just flows well.

#492 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks - glad to hear from you as well on this. Didn't know you had both. Is there a rules list available?
TBL reminds me a lot of alien in that it has great video and sound integration. I love watching the video clips and it just flows well.

Bowen did a video On TBL.

#493 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Bowen did a video On TBL.

Awesome - found it

thanks!

#494 4 years ago

So wizard mode doesn't exist? I know it's called The Dude Abides....but you can't actually play it right?

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have a full tutorial on YouTube from my stream up on YouTube. Full direct audio and video 1080p. Also get to the mini wizard in the video. Search DeathSave Arcade and includes a bowling alley cam.

#496 4 years ago

I have a full tutorial on YouTube from my stream up on YouTube. Full direct audio and video 1080p. Also get to the mini wizard in the video. Search DeathSave Arcade and includes a bowling alley cam.

Nice will def check it out.

Is it accurate wizard mode isn't programmed?

#497 4 years ago

FYI - TBL alt side blades are on sale right now for $60: https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/the-big-lebowski-gameblades

#498 4 years ago

They look kind of busy. Any photos installed?

1 week later
#499 4 years ago

Just got my Lebowski set up and was wondering if anyone has created a must do list before really starting to play a ton? All seems to be working well from start......thank god. Any help on how to secure the machine to last etc would be much appreciated, cheers

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Just got my Lebowski set up and was wondering if anyone has created a must do list before really starting to play a ton? All seems to be working well from start......thank god. Any help on how to secure the machine to last etc would be much appreciated, cheers

Haven't done it but am considering a mylar wrap on the rug mech. I suspect that will take the most abuse and be hard to replace later. Anyone consider a power ball or using a black pinball for the bowling alley?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,000 (OBO)
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.