IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 7,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 147.
#1 4 years ago

Okay, by now we should know who actually OWNS a The Big Lebowski. Let’s start the official club for OWNERS to help each other out!

#2 4 years ago

I’m in.

#3 4 years ago

The lower pf seems really dark. Pins can be tough to see as it is! Would like to add more light on the pins.
Has anyone done this?

#4 4 years ago

Extra lighting for the lower playfield sounds like a great idea! That should be pretty simple too. One small strip of white LEDs that comes on when it’s “bowling time” should do the trick.

I bought the replacement pins, but my #TBL is still NIB—literally. I’m thinking about getting a playfield protector, and doing some other *preventative* modifications before putting a ball on it. I’ve seen what happens from playing it in stock configuration.

Has anyone else put a play field protector on a The Big Lebowski?

Does anyone know what might keep the ball ejector from getting damaged? It’s a bad design, as I recall. There is an edge of a straight piece of metal sticking straight up that the ball has to hop over. I was thinking that a horizontal “trough“ of metal over that edge piece would be a good fix.

What other modifications have people made to help these things survive getting played?

#5 4 years ago

While you’re at it, you better try and put some sort of protection on the rug bash target.

#8 4 years ago

Well I'll be...! I searched high & low for a The Big Lebowski owners' club thread and nothing showed up, so I created this. Sorry for the dupe!

3 weeks later
#9 4 years ago

You really can't be mad when you tilt it out before the super jackpot shot and this happens.

MVIMG_20190525_011028 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190525_011028 (resized).jpg
#10 4 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

You really can't be mad when you tilt it out before the super jackpot shot and this happens.[quoted image]

Where did you get the apron?

#11 4 years ago

I inquired about buying one when they had the fire sale.
"You are a lucky Dude since we only had 2 prototype aprons and there was much more demand. So we flipped a coin and... you won!"

I tapped into the spotlight GI to light it up.

1 month later
#12 4 years ago

Okay, so since the other thread was locked I guess I will start posting here. A few questions. 1. What is the PRoC upgrade for this game? What is it used for and where can it be found? 2. Anyway to get more of those aprons made looks like more of a market will exist now.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Okay, so since the other thread was locked I guess I will start posting here. A few questions. 1. What is the PRoC upgrade for this game? What is it used for and where can it be found? 2. Anyway to get more of those aprons made looks like more of a market will exist now.

I second all this

#14 4 years ago

P-roc upgrade? There is no P-roc upgrade. If I recall they used a P3-ROC main board. Thats still the current main board used in builds.

#15 4 years ago

I love the original apron, it really tied the playfield together man!

#16 4 years ago

Who made the aftermarket apron. Id love to contact them to see if more can be made

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

P-roc upgrade? There is no P-roc upgrade. If I recall they used a P3-ROC main board. Thats still the current main board used in builds.

DP did send out what they called something like a p-roc upgrade kit, but it was purely to better secure the p3-roc as some people had it come loose due to vibrations. From memory I think it was just a zip tie and a small plastic bracket.

#18 4 years ago

There is a different apron made than the one showing in post #9? If so, what does the "new one" look like?

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

There is a different apron made than the one showing in post #9? If so, what does the "new one" look like?

As far as I'm aware there isn't an aftermarket apron. There was a prototype apron and DP sold two of them during their fund raising sale last year.

#20 4 years ago

Oh gotcha, now I remember. The USB plug was coming out of the board because of tension on the mount and this secured the cable so it didn't pop out.

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

DP did send out what they called something like a p-roc upgrade kit, but it was purely to better secure the p3-roc as some people had it come loose due to vibrations. From memory I think it was just a zip tie and a small plastic bracket.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Yep. Here's a the one I put on my game. Embarrassing simple but effective repair.

1 PROC (2) (resized).jpg1 PROC (2) (resized).jpg1 PROC (resized).jpg1 PROC (resized).jpg
#22 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

As far as I'm aware there isn't an aftermarket apron. There was a prototype apron and DP sold two of them during their fund raising sale last year.

Thank you for clarifying. Does anyone have a picture of what the apron looks like now compared to the prototype? Is it much different?

TBL is such a great looking game.

#23 4 years ago

looks like a cool game, can't wait to play it one day. Nice to see a game thread without any drama, like the Wonka threads.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yep. Here's a the one I put on my game. Embarrassing simple but effective repair.[quoted image][quoted image]

Happen to have any more of those little plastic brackets? I got a zip tie? Perhaps someone with a 3D printer or a good google searched? Lol about 40 more people will likely need em as well.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25 4 years ago

Happen to have any more of those little plastic brackets? I got a zip tie? Perhaps someone with a 3D printer or a good google searched? Lol about 40 more people will likely need em as well.

Dutch Pinball sent me the kit years ago, so no I don't. - It looks off the shelf to me and my guess is you could find it or something similar at any decent hardware store. Save a copy of the picture I posted to your phone and ask a clerk.

Or maybe search for Zip Tie Anchors (or brackets). I'll bet that might work too.

#26 4 years ago

Hmmm good idea. I’ll post a link if I find one. So everyone can get one to help their games. Just trying to set up a positive community for this game for the future. Regarding people helping others here health does anyone here do 3D printing?

1 week later
#27 4 years ago

Just wanted to let you know, after speaking with Melissa, and requesting that she speak with ARA/DP to add the more recent unreleased code (due for release with the Chinese games). I was told that DP has agreed and it will be released to all and installed on the 40 released games prior to shipping. you’re welcome.

#28 4 years ago

Just wanted to let you know, after speaking with Melissa, and requesting that she speak with ARA/DP to add the more recent unreleased code (due for release with the Chinese games). I was told that DP has agreed and it will be released to all and installed on the 40 released games prior to shipping. you’re welcome.

You the man!

#29 4 years ago

That's good news.

#30 4 years ago

This also implies each game will be inspected to some extent. Which is also good news.

#31 4 years ago

So the 40 games being sold have plaques with early achievers on them and be removed what will they label these ? I heard they will be numbered

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

So the 40 games being sold have plaques with early achievers on them and be removed what will they label these ? I heard they will be numbered

Not numbered and EA plaques will be removed.

#34 4 years ago

Time to ask Melissa if they will install the fix of plastic part and zip tie?

#35 4 years ago

I will supply the zip ties ! Just get me a game

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It looks off the shelf to me and my guess is you could find it or something similar at any decent hardware store. Save a copy of the picture I posted to your phone and ask a clerk.
Or maybe search for Zip Tie Anchors (or brackets). I'll bet that might work too.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

https://www.amazon.com/Yongcun-Screw-Mounts-100pcs-CTM6292/dp/B01JHD8GCO/ref=asc_df_B01JHD8GCO/

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

[quoted image]
amazon.com link »

Thanks for finding it for us.
Can someone who has one installed already please measure it for us so we know which size to order? Is it 19mm or 22 etc?

#38 4 years ago

the zip tie was the least important thing to get upgraded from factory. what people would want to ask is if the latest dude ramp diverter and improvements to bowling alley launcher guide (the orange piece) are in or not.

#39 4 years ago

I do not own TBL, but noticed this special 20th Anniversary Steelbook version of the movie on sale with some extra stuff that may fit along with the pin.
The Big Lebowski: Incl Bowling Bag & Ball, Sweater - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD & Blu-ray Steelbook

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-big-lebowski-incl-bowling-bag-ball-sweater-zavvi-exclusive-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-steelbook/11888091.html

TBLset (resized).jpgTBLset (resized).jpg
#40 4 years ago
Quoted from 500VDC:

I do not own TBL, but noticed this special 20th Anniversary Steelbook version of the movie on sale with some extra stuff that may fit along with the pin.

Got this for Christmas. The bowling bag is surprisingly high quality and the Blu-ray transfer is great!

#41 4 years ago

Signed poster for sale on Ebay

ebay.com link: AUTOGRAPHED DUTCH PINBALL THE BIG LEBOWSKI PINBALL FLYER

50B32508-FDB8-4282-A67E-65D0465F7566 (resized).png50B32508-FDB8-4282-A67E-65D0465F7566 (resized).png
#42 4 years ago

Signed flyer looks nice

#43 4 years ago

i guess for those that are getting games.. assuming this batch was made similarly, may want to have a look at the DP forums... frozen in time but for a brief moment people were talking about tweaks and dialing the games in:

http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=6

would think the majority of that stuff would still apply, though these were built later so maybe some stuff taken care of

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

i guess for those that are getting games.. assuming this batch was made similarly, may want to have a look at the DP forums... frozen in time but for a brief moment people were talking about tweaks and dialing the games in:
http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=6
would think the majority of that stuff would still apply, though these were built later so maybe some stuff taken care of

Looks like you can still sign up on it, i didn’t go all the way through tho

#45 4 years ago

10 day countdown...

#46 4 years ago

Guessing these arrived stateside, just saw a pic of 20 posted

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Guessing these arrived stateside, just saw a pic of 20 posted

Where?

#48 4 years ago

No they didn’t. 3 to 5 days till US arrival

#49 4 years ago

No they didn’t. 3 to 5 days till US arrival

DHL tracking went out to everyone. If you got one you know your on the list.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

DHL tracking went out to everyone. If you got one you know your on the list.

That means it left from the Netherlands not the US

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.