• TBL is worth more than $12K 14 votes
    23%

(61 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EC4B2733-E787-4205-9B59-8B5CC690A2E8 (resized).jpeg
1FFAD7A2-F141-460E-A71E-6E92315C7FF6 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Considering 40 of these machines are officially sold and there are other threads dedicated to endless complaining, it’s time to bring up a positive thread on showcasing this amazing pinball machine to show pinball can continue to persevere regardless of the adversities pinball games face in order to become a lasting playable game almost 100 years after it was created.

1FFAD7A2-F141-460E-A71E-6E92315C7FF6 (resized).jpeg1FFAD7A2-F141-460E-A71E-6E92315C7FF6 (resized).jpeg

#2 4 years ago

It’s a dream theme for a lot of my friends. I hope they make more in the future (some way, somehow)

#3 4 years ago

Yeah we haven’t seen a lot of rules, Play etc from a 1 time game with great theme. Hoping this will inspire more great pinball games to come

#4 4 years ago

While I don't own one.

I do hope that everyone who would like one, gets the chance to own one.

Best wishes Big Lebowski pinball fans !

LTG : )

#5 4 years ago

Agreed. Wondering if the 40 are numbered so they can be tracked. Will be the rarest set of pins around no doubt

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Agreed. Wondering if the 40 are numbered so they can be tracked. Will be the rarest set of pins around no doubt

You do realize there’s more than 40 right?? They’re numbered just like any other pin with a serial # and are not one of the rarest sets of pins around, no doubt (maybe one of the rarest *newer* pins around) Did u somehow manage to pick up one of the 40?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Did u somehow manage to pick up one of the 40?

Hopefully so, or he’ll be ejected from his own club.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Anybody that doesn’t personally own this game with complaints will get ejected faster that a scoop[quoted image]

Quoted from fosaisu:

What does it mean to get “ejected faster that a scoop” ????

#9 4 years ago

Im supposedly getting one but till its at my door ill remain skeptical. I think the goal for this group should be preservation of the game and implementation of replacement parts, fixes for issues, mods and troubleshooting. At this point we are relying on the nature of this group to ensure we make these games last for many years. No doubt original investors got screwed but its beyond our control. Enjoy the game, play the game and dont exploit its rareness for financial gain

#10 4 years ago

I plan yo make plastic protectors which i suggest installing day one, hopefully we can get some scoop protection, decals for replacement of the rug as it wears. I also plan to powdercoat mine a cheap bowling ball looking gold

#11 4 years ago

you realize there's actually 40 that already shipped right, and the discussion now is about 40 additional games shipping? so 80ish total shipped.

here's a maintenance thread. sounds like the games haven't been touched in years so all this stuff would be applicable:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Considering 40 of these machines are officially sold and there are other threads dedicated to endless complaining, it’s time to bring up a positive thread on showcasing this amazing pinball machine to show pinball can continue to persevere regardless of the adversities pinball games face in order to become a lasting playable game almost 100 years after it was created.
Haters of pinball and this game have another thread to be in. Anybody that doesn’t personally own this game with complaints will get ejected faster that a scoop[quoted image]

wolfemaaan You complain about haters of pinball but you rate every pin a 1 out of 10, including Big Lebowski. If you think it’s 1/10 why would you buy one?

EC4B2733-E787-4205-9B59-8B5CC690A2E8 (resized).jpegEC4B2733-E787-4205-9B59-8B5CC690A2E8 (resized).jpeg
#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Im supposedly getting one but till its at my door ill remain skeptical. I think the goal for this group should be preservation of the game and implementation of replacement parts, fixes for issues, mods and troubleshooting. At this point we are relying on the nature of this group to ensure we make these games last for many years. No doubt original investors got screwed but its beyond our control. Enjoy the game, play the game and dont exploit its rareness for financial gain

Post some pics when it arrives, looking forward to it

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

wolfemaaan You complain about haters of pinball but you rate every pin a 1 out of 10, including Big Lebowski. If you think it’s 1/10 why would you buy one?[quoted image]

Wolfemaan you can downvote his post but wont respond to it?
Sounds like your just buying the game for profit.

#15 4 years ago

I drew up plastic protectors for mine and had them created for every plastic but the rug. They turned out perfect.

I thought Pinball Life was going to eventually sell them. I know extra sets were made. But, not sure.

Might want to reach out to them before you put in the work.

I just got done with a long road of getting mine dialed in. If you guys have any questions, let me know. I had this baby down to the wood. I learned a lot.

Best wishes.

Brian

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I drew up plastic protectors for mine and had them created for every plastic but the rug. They turned out perfect.
I thought Pinball Life was going to eventually sell them. I know extra sets were made. But, not sure.
Might want to reach out to them before you put in the work.
I just got done with a long road of getting mine dialed in. If you guys have any questions, let me know. I had this baby down to the wood. I learned a lot.
Best wishes.
Brian

Well I’m sure you’ll be selling some soon and these machine go rolling out. I won’t put new plastics on without protectors

Taking the machine down to the PF is always the best way to figure out how a machine ticks. So are the parts standard parts Williams/Bally or Data East use or custom parts?

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Well I’m sure you’ll be selling some soon and these machine go rolling out. I won’t put new plastics on without protectors
Taking the machine down to the PF is always the best way to figure out how a machine ticks. So are the parts standard parts Williams/Bally or Data East use or custom parts?

Yup. Mostly standard WMS Bally. Lots of metric (obviously) and lots log loc-tite which sucks a bit. I did end up using a standard WMS bushing for the upper playfield. I had issues with theirs binding. You can tell it was supposed to be the WMS style, because the mini playfield is actually dimpled for one.

Brian

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Best wishes.
Brian

^^^^ This ^^^^

Very kind gesture. Thanks Brian!

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Haters of pinball and this game have another thread to be in. Anybody that doesn’t personally own this game with complaints will get ejected faster that a scoop[quoted image]

TBL is a fantastic game!

Congratulations on coming to the same realization that many of us have had and have been posting on Pinside for over 5 years now. Well before we had the opportunity to invest in it as an "Early Achiever" and help make it a reality, in fact.

FWIW, the pre-orderers' thread was created to celebrate and share a love of the game. I think you'll be hardpressed to find an EA that hates TBL. Rather, any negativity expressed on it is typically due to one or both of the following: 1) Frustration with Dutch Pinball's incompetency as a business 2) ignorant and/or insensitive comments made by the endless string of "Donnies" that have posted over the years without bothering to do any homework beforehand.

I wish all future TBL owners much joy in playing it!

#20 4 years ago

So far only one person in this thread has admitted to being one of the new purchasers. If cointaker got over 200 inquiries within hours (late at night when the news broke in the USA) where are these buyers? Are people trying to stay under the radar due to the controversy??

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Anybody that doesn’t personally own this game with complaints will get ejected faster that a scoop

Quoted from Mbecker:

Did u somehow manage to pick up one of the 40?

Quoted from fosaisu:

I read that to mean you can be in the club without owning the game as long as you don't complain.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So far only one person in this thread has admitted to being one of the new purchasers. If cointaker got over 200 inquiries within hours (late at night when the news broke in the USA) where are these buyers? Are people trying to stay under the radar due to the controversy??

I think you would be hard pressed to find anybody willing to admit they got one when they are being accused of "weaseling" these games from the hands of early adopters.

#23 4 years ago

Honestly my distributor was standing there and said hes getting some and asked me. To be honest i thought the game was dead and didnt even read up on the lawsuit prior to commitment. I thought the law suit was settled and they were just producing them. I dont think anyone was sneaking in and i dont know if any individuals got them. As far as i know it was distributors getting them from coint taker. Its sad what happened to the EA guys but its not like people called up Dutch pinball and offered more money. I do completely understand the hostility though but at this point lets jusy hope they make more

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So far only one person in this thread has admitted to being one of the new purchasers. If cointaker got over 200 inquiries within hours (late at night when the news broke in the USA) where are these buyers? Are people trying to stay under the radar due to the controversy??.

Probably. I don’t blame them. Pretty nasty stuff being said about them in the other thread. Zero of it is deserved

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Honestly my distributor was standing there and said hes getting some and asked me. To be honest i thought the game was dead and didnt even read up on the lawsuit prior to commitment. I thought the law suit was settled and they were just producing them. I dont think anyone was sneaking in and i dont know if any individuals got them. As far as i know it was distributors getting them from coint taker. Its sad what happened to the EA guys but its not like people called up Dutch pinball and offered more money. I do completely understand the hostility though but at this point lets jusy hope they make more

Other distributors picking them up would explain how they sold out so quick.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Other distributors picking them up would explain how they sold out so quick.

Yeah my guess is it is all distributor purchases and they will be trickled out or people are hiding i dont know. I didnt urinate on anyone's rug so i hope theres no hostility towards me for being honest

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

What does it mean to get “ejected faster that a scoop” ????

I would imagine that means one would be ejected faster than a ball coming out of a scoop as soon as it goes in, possibly like the scoop on TNA.... if that’s the case, that’s pretty fast.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I read that to mean you can be in the club without owning the game as long as you don't complain.

Correct. This is a place for showcasing the machine and for everyone else to enjoy / consider buying / playing / know details about. Other threads had other ideas on how to discuss this game

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I think you would be hard pressed to find anybody willing to admit they got one when they are being accused of "weaseling" these games from the hands of early adopters.

But it’s pinball. It’s not a straightforward story and this game was lucky enough to get produced, like any pinball game after 1999. So if somebody told me Pinball would be around in 2015 let alone 2019 I wouldn’t believe it. So ANY new pinball is good to see, and hopefully somebody does pickup this license. If not, these few machines will be $30K in less than a year. Of course, most pinball games in 5 years will be over $10k and a lot will be over $20k

There are differences MFGs and Little is known about the parts on this game, so Pinghettos mention of this will be interesting as this machine finally gets opened up

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

There are differences MFGs and Little is known about the parts on this game, so Pinghettos mention of this will be interesting as this machine finally gets opened up

Quite a lot is known about the parts on this game. I along with the other lucky early achievers who got in early have had our Lebowski’s for over three years now, and most of us have had various issues with the game which we’ve had to troubleshoot. The maintenance thread linked earlier is a valuable resource for those who have games incoming.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Quite a lot is known about the parts on this game. I along with the other lucky early achievers who got in early have had our Lebowski’s for over three years now, and most of us have had various issues with the game which we’ve had to troubleshoot. The maintenance thread linked earlier is a valuable resource for those who have games incoming.

Is there a way to update the code?

#32 4 years ago

it's "complete" code .. there are no inserts that don't do anything. More would add some depth and such but don't think you're getting something half finished either.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Is there a way to update the code?

Yes, via USB. Similar process to the other manufacturers. Depending on when the games sitting at ARA were built, they may be running old code - and who knows if DP will be updating them before they ship.

Quoted from sd_tom:

it's "complete" code .. there are no inserts that don't do anything. More would add some depth and such but don't think you're getting something half finished either.

I thought that The Dude Abides wizard mode wasn’t in the most recent code? Could be wrong, never qualified it.

#34 4 years ago

Anyone who rates some of the best pinballs of all time a 1/10 just has zero credibility.

End of.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Anybody that doesn’t personally own this game with complaints will get ejected faster that a scoop
[quoted image]

Pretty sure you're not a mod, and IMO this ought to get closed.

Quoted from Waxx:

wolfemaaan You complain about haters of pinball but you rate every pin a 1 out of 10, including Big Lebowski. If you think it’s 1/10 why would you buy one?[quoted image]

Because he's a troll and this is another bait thread ...

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Yes, via USB. Similar process to the other manufacturers. Depending on when the games sitting at ARA were built, they may be running old code - and who knows if DP will be updating them before they ship.

I thought that The Dude Abides wizard mode wasn’t in the most recent code? Could be wrong, never qualified it.

Hmm, wondering how long until somebody recompile’s it so it can be modified for future feature requests

#37 4 years ago

So, the OP obviously tried to start a club thread but didn’t place this in the club section... We only allow one club thread per game absent different playfield features...the first 40 games and current 40 games would all be in the same club.

Does TBL already have a club thread of its own?

#39 4 years ago

sd_tom when / where did you pickup yours from?

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

sd_tom when / where did you pickup yours from?

~40 games shipped to preorder folks (EAs) in august 2016. ive got #17. after those 40 shipped is when production halted, with 40 boxed up and stuck sitting at ARA since then.. that's what people are buying out from underneath the paid in full pre-order folks now.. games that have been sitting there 3 years ready to go.. very unfortunate set of events where i got very very lucky

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

~40 games shipped to preorder folks (EAs) in august 2016. ive got #17. after those 40 shipped is when production halted, with 40 boxed up and stuck sitting at ARA since then.. that's what people are buying out from underneath the paid in full pre-order folks now.. games that have been sitting there 3 years ready to go.. very unfortunate set of events where i got very very lucky

Ok, so Pinside is reporting 42. You’re saying 40 preorders plus 40 which makes it roughly 80 total to be released?

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, so Pinside is reporting 42. You’re saying 40 preorders plus 40 which makes it roughly 80 total to be released?

Approximately, yes. I have #8 which was delivered in May 2016.

#43 4 years ago

Number of games delivered to pre-orderers was actually around 50 including European buyers.

With the 40+/- now being released, total will be around 90.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Approximately, yes. I have #8 which was delivered in May 2016.

Do we know if there’s a difference in the first 40 machines vs the next 40? The Europeans would be different based on power alone

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Do we know if there’s a difference in the first 40 machines vs the next 40? The Europeans would be different based on power alone

No differences. They were all made in the same run back in 2016. The 40 that are being sold via Coin Taker have just been sitting there for close to three years.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

No differences. They were all made in the same run back in 2016. The 40 that are being sold via Coin Taker have just been sitting there for close to three years.

Sitting where? And don’t you think it’s odd an even 40 were sitting? I’m suspect there’s more

#47 4 years ago

So does someone have the most up to date code? That can be shared with the new owners?

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Sitting where? And don’t you think it’s odd an even 40 were sitting? I’m suspect there’s more

Sitting in ARA's factory.. They built the games and never got paid by DP for their work so they held the games and sued Dutch Pinball... and finally won the lawsuit against DP.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

So does someone have the most up to date code? That can be shared with the new owners?

I do, yes. Will upload it somewhere if DP don't share it.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

If I remember correctly, 40 was the number of games they could fit in a shipping container to the States.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-40-owners-club-members-only?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.