tumblr_oay0s7jjZP1roqv59o1_500 (resized).png
image.jpeg
DSC_0043.jpg
DSC_0042.jpg
DSC_0041.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #341 Update on The Big Lewbowski from a factory visit Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #365 Summary of Update Instructions for TBL Posted by ectobar (7 years ago)

Post #513 Interesting information Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinghetto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#323 7 years ago

I'm thinking a second title announcement from DP is in store for expo this year. Especially if production is ramping up as it seems. I don't have the stomach for a pre order anymore, but can't wait for the reveal!!

Brian

5 months later
#462 7 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Anybody hearing anything?

I emailed Jaap and Barry again asking if they would just ship my game with the defective board. I would pay to ship my game air freight and pay to exchange the defective board when a fix comes along (since my game has supposedly been complete since last November). I just emailed yesterday, but haven't heard anything yet. I will update if I hear anything.

And, yes, an updated gameplay video would be just what the doctor ordered. Still can't wait for my game....!!!!!

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I don't get why you'd want this? Well I mean I guess I can see why, but realistically why? You may end up getting the "fix" later that doesn't work and hasn't been tested by their trained technicians and spend another month or two trying to get one that works, then you are pissed at them and raising hell and they would be responsible for supporting it. Believe me I can't imagine the frustration cause I was one of the fortunate ones who has their game already BUT I have had some issues and needed some parts and it has not been quick getting them from DP(understandably as I know they have bigger fish to fry than my little parts) but that would likely be a nightmare trying to get a much larger thing from them later and expecting them to diagnose and support it from overseas. I can tell you I have some still unresolved issues with my game(none of which are crippling issues) but going 1 month + trying to resolve and get replacements parts needed. Just my 2 cents on it all. DP needs to step it up no question on both getting these games out and having continuing support on them for issues, as that has been subpar as well in my opinion and dealing with it firsthand. I still love this game and have the highest hopes for it but the amount of negatives is far outweighing the positives at the moment for DP, hopefully that changes soon.
Again easier for me to say cause I do have my game, I hope you all get one soon as well cause it is beautiful.

Maybe it's a knee jerk request, but the lack of anything other than there are still "board problems" has me concerned. Is there something else going on? I guess I'd just rather have something to show for my $8500 than an open spot in my gameroom. And, according to them, the issue is with one particular board. They have stated nothing else is holding up shipping. And if that's it, I'm fully capable of swapping it out and sending it back.

Also, I heard that shipping to a depot or terminal is around $800 or so. If that's the case, it seems worth it to me.

Now, I could be way off on all of this. And I really hope I am. But, when we are left high and dry by DP (again), what else can we do but draw our own conclusions.

I'm more than happy to wait. Heck, I've waited for three years. But, the vague updates and lack of responses is really getting f'ing old.

And hearing you state that the support is sub par once the game is delivered doesn't really help create a positive outlook.

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I don't get why you'd want this? Well I mean I guess I can see why, but realistically why? You may end up getting the "fix" later that doesn't work and hasn't been tested by their trained technicians and spend another month or two trying to get one that works, then you are pissed at them and raising hell and they would be responsible for supporting it. Believe me I can't imagine the frustration cause I was one of the fortunate ones who has their game already BUT I have had some issues and needed some parts and it has not been quick getting them from DP(understandably as I know they have bigger fish to fry than my little parts) but that would likely be a nightmare trying to get a much larger thing from them later and expecting them to diagnose and support it from overseas. I can tell you I have some still unresolved issues with my game(none of which are crippling issues) but going 1 month + trying to resolve and get replacements parts needed. Just my 2 cents on it all. DP needs to step it up no question on both getting these games out and having continuing support on them for issues, as that has been subpar as well in my opinion and dealing with it firsthand. I still love this game and have the highest hopes for it but the amount of negatives is far outweighing the positives at the moment for DP, hopefully that changes soon.
Again easier for me to say cause I do have my game, I hope you all get one soon as well cause it is beautiful.

And, please don't get me wrong... I respect your post and totally understand where you are coming from. I hope you get your issues resolved. And I hope this is a great game for everyone involved.

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The worrying thing is that new pinball companies have such incredible cash burn so if revenue isn't coming in fast as well, it can get very scary.
DP aren't doing themselves any favors by avoiding communication as it leaves people fearing the worst.
If things are ok, then a simple email is all that is needed - not rocket science.

Exactly.

#478 7 years ago

Thank you guys again for the update. Sure with DP would provide some "official" ones.

Still would love to see a video of the new code if anyone has some spare time on their hands.

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

As excited as I am for this game, I am strongly considering getting my deposit back. I can't imagine waiting 3 years! I've only been waiting 3 months but along with all the technical problems and tales of poor communication I am not optimistic. I may have to stick with Stern and JJP for NIB games.
I only recently started collecting so this is new territory for me. Be honest with me, if you guys could get your money back and be done with it, would you?

It's been a ton of ups and downs with this project. But, f*ck it dude, I wouldn't back out if you got a spot.

I'm staying in. Not that I probably have much of a choice at this point!

#507 7 years ago

If things are on the up and up over in the Netherlands, Dutch Pinball needs to get an official update out and stop this snowball. Otherwise, this avalanche is going to just keep getting bigger with more speculation.

#514 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

OK I know people are getting fucking tired of the wait, I would as well. But in the midst of it was a request for video of car modes. I recorded the intros for each this morning. Sorry for glare.. it's just too sunny and warm here in San Diego
My favorite is the car chase , where you try to avoid the delpoyed car and make loops.. so frustrating in a good way
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Thank you, sir!!

#536 7 years ago

There are some vendors at my office today from the Netherlands. I asked them if they knew about the Big Lebowski pinball and when it may be shipping. They looked at me like I was from another planet. I don't think they knew what pinball or English was.

This is my Big Lebowski pinball update for today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

15,000 (OBO)
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinghetto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-now-shipping?tu=pinghetto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.