tumblr_oay0s7jjZP1roqv59o1_500 (resized).png
image.jpeg
DSC_0043.jpg
DSC_0042.jpg
DSC_0041.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #341 Update on The Big Lewbowski from a factory visit Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #365 Summary of Update Instructions for TBL Posted by ectobar (7 years ago)

Post #513 Interesting information Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider burningman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 8 years ago

Our troubles are over Dude.

1 week later
#154 7 years ago

We are all Achievers

achiever_(resized).JPGachiever_(resized).JPG

3 months later
#177 7 years ago

Crank that left flipper coil setting up and you will smoke that right ramp. I actually cranked both of them up.

#178 7 years ago

And congrats!!!

#185 7 years ago

I have sent this up the food chain but here is a few of my "whites"....

On the bowling alley, its tough to pick up a spare. Seems like a direct hit does not register but if you are about an inch to the left, where you don't hit anything, it will register. Same when going for a strike, rather than hitting between the the first two pins on the left, you have to hit almost the last and second the last pin on the left to register a strike. There may be a way to adjust this but I have not been able to figure it out...

On the Rug...hits are registering well during the first 3 hits (either from the left or right flipper)...but when the rug gets further back, I need to hit it hard from the left flipper to register. Shooting from the right flipper for those last few hits don't want to register. Seems like the hits register "better" when hitting the right side of the rug vs. the left. Especially when the rug is farther back on the the roller.

Left ramp....was getting some rejects on the left ramp. The ball was bouncing around after clearing the diverter and not going into the lock. Messed around with adjustments to the pitch, got it set and also waxed the ramp and the balls. Much better.

Left Mark it Zero saucer seemed weak when ejecting and was bouncing off the top of the left sling. Played with the coil settings and ended up adjusting the rubber and post of that sling just enough to where now the ball skids off the top of the left sling rather than bouncing off the top of the sling and SDTM.

Donnie orbit and Rug Skill shot. Had a SDTM issue. I added a small piece of felt to the side of those ball guides. Now, on the skill shot the ball comes down and hits at the base of the right flipper (where I think it's supposed to land on the left flipper) but its not going SDTM. Would like to see an adjustment for the time that the Rug skill shot stays lit. Seems like my best bet on the Rug Skill shot is to immediately shoot the Dude ramp from the right flipper and then slam the rug with the left flipper. Also on the Donnie orbit, I added felt and the ball exists from the Maude lane guide and comes down to the left flipper rather than the right. I have a feeling I can move that felt around enough to where I can get the balls to land on the correct flippers. Just need to mess with it some more.

side note...I wanted to experience as much as I could of the game. I set all the character modes to start at 0 lit. this way I could see and hear each animation rather than just a few and then completing the character. There's some good shit in there.

*******Let me emphasis....this game is playing extremely well right out of the box. Add to that, (for my game, number 16) is something like the 26th pinball machine DP has ever made (ES and proto's included). More than impressed.*****

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

now I'm tearing the ramps up from the left flipper, even sometimes backhanding the left ramp from the left flipper.

Yep....I think I end up locking more balls from the left flipper than from the right, on the fly or from the ball craddled.

Quoted from taz:

I do need to slightly adjust the right flipper though as it's a little high in resting position.

yes...I did the same when dealing with the balls getting hung up at the top of the left ramp. I adjusted that right flipper up just 1mm but it made a big of difference.

#190 7 years ago

forgot to mention...re: music

Jules knocked it out of the park.
My wife joined me for Expo when TBL was announced. She loves Santana and was super excited about the music being in the game. Well, she came down after I mine was up and running and her first words were, "I love the music."

Well done Jules! I am sure you have been busting your ass getting those tracks done....

#192 7 years ago

any time now Tom....any time now.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

My prize from a Facebook competition 2 years ago. . A blank pre-production. Very open to ideas on something cool to do with it!

fuckin A man!

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from NeoGeo:

Question for owners. Do you feel the game needs more "callouts" and sound effects. Whenever I watch video, it seems like there needs to be more audio cues about what to do. Do you feel that when playing? I could be way off.

We have to remember we are at code .45

I think we are experiencing just the beginnings of a great Pinball machine. As is its very playable.
I played TBL for a while this morning....then jumped on BOP 2.0. If/when Lebowski gets to where 2.0 is (with code and callouts/features), its going to be pretty awesome.

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I think I have slight hang up issue on dude ramp like you do burning man but too busy enjoying it to dig into it yet.

Might consider adjusting that right flipper bat up a mm or two. I did that and waxed the balls and that ramp......its much better. Might want to make an adjustment to the coil strength of that right flipper if you haven't already. From the video it looks like you have good power from the flippers already.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#236 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Did it come with .44 installed, so just need to download the .45 to update?

yes...on 16 it came with .44 code so I uploaded the .45 right out of the box. didn't even try it with .44

#241 7 years ago

he is obviously not a golfer....or been to San Diego. just sayin'

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Yeah , it's right up there unfortunately, I just picked up full throttle for a little under 12.

gd_(resized).JPGgd_(resized).JPG

#287 7 years ago

Messed with some super band blue sling rubbers. They are a little tight at 2.5. Might try a 2.75. Looks good with the blue sling covers and inlane guide. Also traced out the sling plastics, need to get a set of plastic protectors made.

Only thing I am still working on is my bowling alley launch mech is a little janky and even on a dead on hit of the pin it won't register when trying to pick up a spare or hit the moving pin. Otherwise, really enjoying the overall game play. Its a fun pin.

Had a chance to check out the clips during Mark it Zero....(with the glass off). There is some great clips used as you advance into Mark it Zero...hope we can get a longer light or an adjustable timer for that feature. Its a tough shot on a good day, and with the hurry up makes it really hard to get past the first or second animation when playing a game.

Regarding the multiplier, I seem to have only grabbed it from the mystery award

20160821_100332_(resized).jpg20160821_100332_(resized).jpg
20160821_153318_(resized).jpg20160821_153318_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#334 7 years ago
Quoted from pigeonfarmboy:

I played the machine at expo, but I'm afraid the value does not meet the asking price. Granted, the one I played in the Cointaker booth I believe has "been around the block" a number of times and is supposedly a pre-production unit with updated parts here and there. There wasn't a time I saw during expo that there wasn't an issue with the machine. (Right flipper was dead or sticking) Out of the 5 times I played, the ball got stuck 4 of those games. I hope this is a special case with just one machine but if they're using it to sell potential customers a machine, it didn't work for me at this time. There are definitely cool elements to the machine so it's a damn shame.

We may have met, I was at the booth all weekend and yes, the game has been road hard and put away wet. That flipper sticking was kicking our ass. It wasn't in the mech, we had to keep adjust the opto interrupter on the actual flipper button. We looked around to see if any of the vendors had one, but no dice. I guess after some 4,000+ plays those interrupters start to loose their shape. I don't want to speak for the entire group but I would say that most of our games (that have been delivered) are working well. We had to tweak them a little, but nothing major. We are now waiting for another release of code.

As for price to value, thats kinda up to the ones buying it. For me, I am looking forward to opening the hood of the 10k Batman LE and seeing it side by side with Lebowski.......I know what the under hood of Lebowski looks like....it will be an interesting comparison for sure. It's too bad you couldn't have played a "dialed in" Lebowski....its a fun game.

2 weeks later
#344 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Correct. Not sure if Cointaker have any left in their allotment of 100 though. If you're interested, call them.

They don't. They are taking names.

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Bumber....I just shot them an email. Hopefully DP decides to do another run...

Its all good. Thats the thing to do. Melissa will put you on the list and you will get contacted as soon as it opens up.

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Yeah, I know there are a bunch of us around the northern VA area who would love a chance to play a nice dialed in one....if only we knew someone local with one..hmmmmm

going to Magfest?

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm starting to think they were never connected, heard so many people have this same thing including myself. Enjoy the ride, it's a kick ass game

On mine, two were clipped in and the other was in the socket but not clipped. If they didn't clip it completely at the factory, I could see how they could work out during shipping.

3 weeks later
#428 7 years ago

Gene....little Shop of games has them in stock....they made mine

2 months later
#498 7 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Morale of story:You need a pinball factory/assembly line if you are going to crank out COMMERCIAL QUALITY pinball machines.

I have the game, and from a quality standpoint I have to disagree. The quality of build on TBL is incredible. Sure there are some bugs but we are not even at full code yet.

Now, regarding "crank out" you may be right. Stern is the only company (that I would say) is cranking out games. Cranking out means volume. I don't see anyone doing that. Even though JJP does have a factory and line, I don't think I would put them in the cranking out business yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 22.50
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider burningman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-now-shipping?tu=burningman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.