IMG_4755 (resized).JPG
IMG_4757 (resized).JPG
tumblr_oay0s7jjZP1roqv59o1_500 (resized).png
image.jpeg
DSC_0043.jpg
DSC_0042.jpg
DSC_0041.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 543 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
#351 7 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

The one at the Chicago expo played very poorly. I canceled my order. For 10k you have to do better.

That one is beat up quasi prototype and not representative of NIB.

At the end of the day, they finally confirmed they are doing an initial run of 300 and are nearly, if not completely, sold out, so prob why they haven't vested too much into that show game.

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Yeah, I know there are a bunch of us around the northern VA area who would love a chance to play a nice dialed in one....if only we knew someone local with one..hmmmmm

going to Magfest?

#353 7 years ago

Yesssir, I usually send at least a couple of arcade games. I plan on sending AFM and FH this year as well...

#354 7 years ago

The game at Expo was a Engineering Sample game. 1 of 5 pre production games. She been around the block at time or two. Unfortunately the flipper opto was flaking out. Pretty common part, but could not find one at the show. We were very disappointed that we could not get it working properly.

We will have TBL in our showroom to play. Much better environment to get the full experience of the machine.

As mentioned we are currently sold out. We are hoping to get more built, but no news on that happening yet. We are putting together a list if we are lucky enough to get more inventory. Otherwise its a bummer dude.

If you need at info please feel free to give me a ring at

570-847-6366

Or

[email protected]

Regards

Chris

#355 7 years ago

I got some information man, new shit has come to light!
Here is what im blathering about...TBL #19 has landed in Oregon!

IMG_4757 (resized).JPGIMG_4757 (resized).JPG
IMG_4755 (resized).JPGIMG_4755 (resized).JPG

#356 7 years ago

Super sweet. I can't wait till my day, maybe sooner than later. With all the new shit that's come light. Enjoy.

#357 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Congratulations! Is that bad boy going on route? Portlander here trying to hunt down one of these beauties.

#358 7 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

Congratulations! Is that bad boy going on route? Portlander here trying to hunt down one of these beauties.

Nope this TBL is gunna get bolted to the floor of my game room and when I die I plan on being creamated with it and our ashes are going into a foldgers can.

#359 7 years ago

Nope this TBL is gunna get bolted to the floor of my game room and when I die I plan on being creamated with it and our ashes are going into a foldgers can.

https://media.tenor.co/images/561b55c180bbef3824dcec62208cd66d/raw

lebowski (resized).pnglebowski (resized).png

#360 7 years ago

NEW SHIT!

#361 7 years ago

Dude. I am glad #19 is getting cracked open! But I am missing it a little.....

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Dude. I am glad #19 is getting cracked open! But I am missing it a little.....

Dude I owe you a couple of rounds of White Russians. I have a feeling this TBL is really gunna tie my game room together! You will be unboxing #141 before you know it.
Thanks again!!

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah, be sure to note the email you got from them about the coil strength adjustment after selecting 0.45

I didn't get this email can someone fill me in on this, also where do I go to download the updated code?

#365 7 years ago

I didn't get this email can someone fill me in on this, also where do I go to download the updated code?

Before you start playing the game, please make sure you install the latest software version. If you don’t do this, the slingshot coils in your machine won’t function properly, so please update the software before playing.

To check your current version, please go into the service menu and down to "Software Menu > Current Version".

If you have software version 0.41, you need to do all updates as instructed below.
If you have version 0.42, you need to download and install 0.43, 0.44 and 0.45
If you have version 0.43, you need to download and install 0.44 and 0.45
And if you have version 0.44 you only need to do download and install 0.45.

After installing version 0.45 we have only one thing left to say: F*ck it Dude, let’s play pinball!

Update instructions:

Download the .zip files you need (without renaming the files and without extracting the zips - some browsers have a setting to do this automatically, so disable that if needed).
Download Update 0.42 (19 MB)
Download Update 0.43 (389 MB)
Download Update 0.44 (64 MB)
Download Update 0.45 (40 MB)
Copy these .zip files to the root of a USB stick (meaning not in a subfolder).
Start your pinball machine and insert the USB stick in the right front USB port of the computer in the backbox

Now we will install the updates one by one. The nature of the updates dictates that they need to be installed in order.

Installing version 0.42:
- Enter the Service Menu and go down to "Software Menu" -> "USB Update".
- Now you should see update 0.42 (and the others) listed. If not, retry after reseating the usb stick.
- Select 0.42.
- Wait for "copying" and "installing" to finish. The menu will then jump to where you can "Select" the new version.
- Select the new version and confirm the NO / YES question by pressing the "right" (Volume +) button.
- The game will restart using version 0.42.

Installing version 0.43:
- Now you should see update 0.43 listed. If not, retry after reseating the usb stick.
- Select 0.43.
- Wait for "Preparing delta update", "Copying" and "Installing" to finish. The menu will then jump to where you can "Select" the new version.
- Select the new version and confirm the NO / YES question by pressing the "right" (Volume +) button.
- The game will restart using version 0.43.

Installing version 0.44:
- Now you should see update 0.44 listed. If not, retry after reseating the usb stick.
- Select 0.44.
- Wait for "Preparing delta update", "Copying" and "Installing" to finish. The menu will then jump to where you can "Select" the new version.
- The game will restart using version 0.44.

Installing version 0.45:
- Now you should see update 0.45 listed. If not, retry after reseating the usb stick.
- Select 0.45.
- The game will restart using version 0.45.

Make sure to enter Service Menu and then "Adjustment Menu > Coil Strengths > Slingshot Left & Right" and change both values to 25ms. If you don't do this the slingshots will be very weak.

Code Links:
http://dutchpinball.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9eee7a6360316059f8bee9561&id=715bac9af7&e=fa09a9b14a
http://dutchpinball.us3.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=9eee7a6360316059f8bee9561&id=567d814c4b&e=fa09a9b14a
http://dutchpinball.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9eee7a6360316059f8bee9561&id=cb43729332&e=fa09a9b14a
http://dutchpinball.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=9eee7a6360316059f8bee9561&id=36a27ab316&e=fa09a9b14a

#366 7 years ago

I guess this is old news and I'm late to the party, but I contacted Melissa today and she said she doesn't think Dutch will do any more runs beyond the initial 300 pins. She said if they do, they will likely make changes to the game.

I had planned all along to get TBL and wait for it to be in stock at CT and go pick one up. I won't pre order. I'll buy a game when I can pick it up when I pay or have it shipped shortly thereafter...I guess I may have to wait on the secondary market.

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I guess this is old news and I'm late to the party, but I contacted Melissa today and she said she doesn't think Dutch will do any more runs beyond the initial 300 pins. She said if they do, they will likely make changes to the game.
I had planned all along to get TBL and wait for it to be in stock at CT and go pick one up. I won't pre order. I'll buy a game when I can pick it up when I pay or have it shipped shortly thereafter...I guess I may have to wait on the secondary market.

Somewhat contradictory of the info stated earlier in this thread:

Quoted from rubberducks:

To put an end to the Pinside rumours, licensing is NOT an issue for TBL. The run of 300 has not yet been extended, because the contract with their manufacturing partner ARA is for 300, and it or a new one has to be negotiated.

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Before you start playing the game, please make sure you install the latest software version. If you don’t do this, the slingshot coils in your machine won’t function properly, so please update the software before playing.
To check your current version, please go into the service menu and down to "Software Menu > Current Version".
If you have software version 0.41, you need to do all updates as instructed below.
If you have version 0.42, you need to download and install 0.43, 0.44 and 0.45
If you have version 0.43, you need to download and install 0.44 and 0.45
And if you have version 0.44 you only need to do download and install 0.45.
After installing version 0.45 we have only one thing left to say: F*ck it Dude, let’s play pinball!
Update instructions:
Download the .zip files you need (without renaming the files and without extracting the zips - some browsers have a setting to do this automatically, so disable that if needed).
Download Update 0.42 (19 MB)
Download Update 0.43 (389 MB)
Download Update 0.44 (64 MB)
Download Update 0.45 (40 MB)
Copy these .zip files to the root of a USB stick (meaning not in a subfolder).
Start your pinball machine and insert the USB stick in the right front USB port of the computer in the backbox
Now we will install the updates one by one. The nature of the updates dictates that they need to be installed in order.
Installing version 0.42:
- Now you should see update 0.42 (and the others) listed. If not, retry after reseating the usb stick.
- Select 0.42.
- Wait for "copying" and "installing" to finish. The menu will then jump to where you can "Select" the new version.
- The game will restart using version 0.42.
Installing version 0.43:
- Now you should see update 0.43 listed. If not, retry after reseating the usb stick.
- Select 0.43.
- The game will restart using version 0.43.
Installing version 0.44:
- Now you should see update 0.44 listed. If not, retry after reseating the usb stick.
- Select 0.44.
- The game will restart using version 0.44.
Installing version 0.45:
- Now you should see update 0.45 listed. If not, retry after reseating the usb stick.
- Select 0.45.
- The game will restart using version 0.45.
Make sure to enter Service Menu and then "Adjustment Menu > Coil Strengths > Slingshot Left & Right" and change both values to 25ms. If you don't do this the slingshots will be very weak.
Code Links:
http://dutchpinball.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9eee7a6360316059f8bee9561&id=715bac9af7&e=fa09a9b14a
http://dutchpinball.us3.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=9eee7a6360316059f8bee9561&id=567d814c4b&e=fa09a9b14a
http://dutchpinball.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9eee7a6360316059f8bee9561&id=cb43729332&e=fa09a9b14a
http://dutchpinball.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=9eee7a6360316059f8bee9561&id=36a27ab316&e=fa09a9b14a

Extremely helpful!.. Thank you Ectobar!

#369 7 years ago

I hope they do another run.

I wasn't really in a hurry because I knew it was going to take them a long time to get through all the pre orders. I figured it would be late next year before CT had them in stock for non pre orders.

#370 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I have a feeling the secondary market is going to be a looooooong wait.

Obviously a few will try and get their $10k back but I can't imagine many buyers wanting to sell for years if ever.

#371 7 years ago

I'd put your name on list if there is one, but then don't worry about it. If there is, there is. If not, then maybe DP#2 will be to your liking and maybe they will have a purchase model you can get behind.

And yes, secondary market. Not mine, but maybe others.

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

... (snip)

Thanks for this info Ectobar. Did it come with the game, or did you find it on a DP forum? Just asking so I know what/where to monitor in the future.

Whoo-hoo, my game just passed St Louis and will be here on Thursday. Big props to Melissa at CoinTaker, the handoff and shipping arrangements were effortless.

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Thanks for this info Ectobar. Did it come with the game, or did you find it on a DP forum? Just asking so I know what/where to monitor in the future.
Whoo-hoo, my game just passed St Louis and will be here on Thursday. Big props to Melissa at CoinTaker, the handoff and shipping arrangements were effortless.

It was one of the New Shit Newsletters that they sent out.

If anyone is missing any of the newsletters and wants to read through them, I still have them all. Shoot me a pm with your email and I can forward them along.
For the most part though, they have all been posted in the PreOrder thread.

#374 7 years ago

The unboxing guide and the software update were only sent to container 1 folks, not broadcast to everyone. They asked people not fwd the unboxing guide cause they might improve it for next batch. However, If you are standing in front of a TBL box without this guide, I will be happy to fwd or bug Barry for the latest.

#375 7 years ago

I spoke with Barry last Sunday and he confirmed the story of Rubberduck, eg they are negotiating with ARA to do another run on TBL.

If they can't come to an agreement this would mean indeed stop after 300 pcs, or find another ARA, but can't imagine they can't come to a deal. After all ARA has invested also a lot to get where they are now and than stop?? Doesn't sound right.

So my personal feeling is that there will come another run if enough interest in the market is there hence the collecting of names.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#376 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I have a feeling the secondary market is going to be a looooooong wait.
Obviously a few will try and get their $10k back but I can't imagine many buyers wanting to sell for years if ever.

Most people who bought one paid $8500.

But yeah, I'm in the "bolt it to the floor" club.

#377 7 years ago

I have a rule against pre ordering....so I called Nitro and pre ordered. So much for my rules. 1,000 down isn't that bad. The rest isn't due until it's ready to ship.

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I have a rule against pre ordering....so I called Nitro and pre ordered. So much for my rules. 1,000 down isn't that bad. The rest isn't due until it's ready to ship.

I won't tell if you switch your stance to having a rule against pre paying.. which you clearly haven't done

#379 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I have a rule against pre ordering....so I called Nitro and pre ordered. So much for my rules.

I'm right there with you. I was a Lebowski day 1 customer, then cancelled, but I always wanted the title and was waiting till there was machines available generally. But if there is a risk that 300 will be all they are making, I called Nitro. It is my dream theme, my favorite movie, and I'd be sad if I never had the chance to get it.

"Fear of Missing Out".... damn, got me again!

#380 7 years ago

What a great year for Pinball. First I took delivery on TH Smaug SE #41 this summer, and now TBL #48 is safely loaded in my pinhauler and headed for home. Woot!

IMG_20161109_164523 (resized).jpgIMG_20161109_164523 (resized).jpg

#381 7 years ago

Here's a quick update on my unboxing and setup. The good news is that the game code is already at the latest version (45) so there was nothing for me to do on that front.

As for the connections, as someone posted earlier in this thread, three Molex connectors had detached themselves from the ATX power supply in the head of the machine. The wire loom they're part of slipped down about an inch during shipping and that was enough to cause them to disconnect themselves. It was an easy fix once I located the earlier post in this thread and could see what the issue was. I will attach a pic of the cables and where they need to go, plus the error you'll see on the DMD if this happens to you.

Other than that, it is working good right out of the box. My skills aren't good enough yet to progress far enough to get to whatever mode opens the car that swings out on the upper playfield, nor have I seen the bowler in the lower playfield come into play yet. I only had time to put about five or six games on it last night so I should get past that point pretty quickly, hopefully tonight.

Good luck to all the other achievers who are un-boxing their games from this latest container. It was definitely worth the wait.

IMG_20161109_204217 (resized).jpgIMG_20161109_204217 (resized).jpg
Power cables disconnected (resized).JPGPower cables disconnected (resized).JPG

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

As for the connections, as someone posted earlier in this thread, three Molex connectors had detached themselves from the ATX power supply in the head of the machine.

I'm starting to think they were never connected, heard so many people have this same thing including myself. Enjoy the ride, it's a kick ass game

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm starting to think they were never connected, heard so many people have this same thing including myself. Enjoy the ride, it's a kick ass game

Quite possible. They might want to prevent tension from damaging the loom during transit.

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

On mine, two were clipped in and the other was in the socket but not clipped. If they didn't clip it completely at the factory, I could see how they could work out during shipping.

#385 7 years ago

I gave my beautiful baby up for adoption today! The Big Lebowski #45 is now on location at Sunshine Laundromat / Pinball Bar here in Greenpoint, Brookyln. I love it, feels like a good old Bally/Williams game but modernized and pretty as hell. The screen, LEDs and playfield art are great . Worth the trip to if you want to give it a go (some of the 30 other games might be fun too i guess...).

IMG_20161111_191424 (resized).jpgIMG_20161111_191424 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161111_184929 (resized).jpgIMG_20161111_184929 (resized).jpg

#386 7 years ago

Braver than me! Being on the corner it is gonna get abused a bit?

#387 7 years ago

So......how is it?

#388 7 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

So......how is it?

Still haven't opened it i have to work this weekend, hopefully I can get
Her unboxed on Sunday.

1 week later
#389 7 years ago

Has anyone heard any updates regarding the third US shipment of TBLs? I am hoping they get shipped this week for end of Dec.

#390 7 years ago

It would seem if they are running at 8 per week, on the way to running 20 per week, another load should be ready to pop.

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from deadzebra:

I gave my beautiful baby up for adoption today! The Big Lebowski #45 is now on location at Sunshine Laundromat / Pinball Bar here in Greenpoint, Brookyln. I love it, feels like a good old Bally/Williams game but modernized and pretty as hell. The screen, LEDs and playfield art are great . Worth the trip to if you want to give it a go (some of the 30 other games might be fun too i guess...).

OK. Took your advice. Hanging out at Sunshine. TBL here I come.

#392 7 years ago

Great place. Well worth the holiday traffic.

Here are my notes on TBL. Diverter not working and isn't in the track. Angle too steep. Tilt is crazy sensitive probably from the angle. Guessing the frame around the pendulum is too close on the front side. Can't make the right ramp probably from angle. I'm thinking the trilogy should be together, TBL, IM and Tron.

Quoted from deadzebra:

#393 7 years ago

For whatever it's worth I got to play an early achiever machine for a few hours over the weekend. I've been thinking of ordering one and I went with a fellow pinhead that was also considering buying this machine. Both of us walked away knowing for sure it's not for us. Build quality being the biggest reason for this decision. The game as a whole just has a really cheap feeling to me. The lockdown bar for instance is too wide and does not fit the machine. It also has sharp unfinished corners caused by the chrome-plating. The flippers have a strange feeling to them almost like the bats are too light. While others were playing I noticed many PF components flexed and moved that normally do not in other games. I'll look past the small code issues that were noticed as well as poor tilt bob adjustment. Some of the shots just don't feel right. I do enjoy the theme, and the colors/design do look great. The screen, callouts, and music are well done. Perhaps I'm being too critical but for that much dough, it needs to be better than Stern/JJP build quality.

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from pigeonfarmboy:

it needs to be better than Stern/JJP build quality.

Stating the obvious that Stern build quality does not equal JJP build quality.

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from pigeonfarmboy:

For whatever it's worth I got to play an early achiever machine for a few hours over the weekend. I've been thinking of ordering one and I went with a fellow pinhead that was also considering buying this machine. Both of us walked away knowing for sure it's not for us. Build quality being the biggest reason for this decision.

Ugh, thats not what we need to hear, waiting for 3 years and we get a bad review like this.

#396 7 years ago

Hmmm. Now I'm nervous. Any other owner out there care to comment about the build quality issues, shots not right, flexing parts? i played one, but I didn't pay this close of attention.

#397 7 years ago

Played the snot out of it for the past two weekends, does not feel cheap to me. I love it!

#398 7 years ago

I actually thought just the opposite. I really don't like how cheap Sterns feel, but I found the build quality of TBL to be excellent and on par with JJP. Flippers feel real nice to me and better than JJP IMO, much like a WMS game. The code has a nice base to it, but it still needs some work, too many bug crashes for my tastes and a little more depth would be nice. I'd like to see some reference to finding the Credence tapes or a find the Credence tapes mode. Overall quite happy with the product at this point though.

#399 7 years ago

I agree that the build quality is very good. The game looks amazing.

However, still don't care about the actual game itself. Code isn't anything special, and none of the shots feel particularly rewarding.

I very much hope new code comes out and the game improves. In the meantime, the game barely gets turned on.

#400 7 years ago

What's the word on code updates. Any news there?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 543 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-now-shipping/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.