IMG_4755 (resized).JPG
IMG_4757 (resized).JPG
tumblr_oay0s7jjZP1roqv59o1_500 (resized).png
image.jpeg
DSC_0043.jpg
DSC_0042.jpg
DSC_0041.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 543 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Anyone having any issues with the left ramp diverter?
Initially mine would occasionally get stuck above the ramp and not be able to lower. So I added some washers, and now it occasionally gets stuck below the ramp. Super frustrating. Haven't really been able to make it through many games without issue. Haven't contacted DP yet, I'll shoot them an email soon.
Seems like if the mech could be tightened to removed all the side to side play it would help. Or the other scarier option would be to drill out the ramp a bit to allow more clearance.

I added a foam pad to the right side and it solved the issue 100%

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

No never the diverter getting stuck. I think but I haven't focused on something going on in that area occasionally that messes up trajectory of ball during pass through to lock, but that's it.
Def email support and/or post to dp forums

I've got an email in to them. Wasn't even aware there were dp forums. Hadn't even seen dutchpinball.com until just now.

#30 is definitely off to a rocky start.
Got lost in transit for 2 extra days. Which is extra painful considering I live like 2 hours away from Cointaker and could have just gotten it.
There was a ball left in the the bowling alley during transit. Didn't seem to damage anything, just made for some confusing first couple of games.
Didn't come with enough leg bolts. Was missing the last pair. Somewhat of a non issue, but only because I had some extras lying around.

Really only managed to play a couple games before the diverter started acting up. Hope I can get this resolved soon so I can really start to enjoy the pin.

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I added a foam pad to the right side and it solved the issue 100%

I like it. Good work. Pretty sure I have something like that lying around. I'll give it a try tonight.

#304 7 years ago

Quick question, and sorry if this has been answered. Just saw the thread and wanted to catch up on the game. The only one i have played was at pinball lifes headquarters. Last time the code was still unfinished "rug mode etc" and the upper flipper was always flaky. Was these issues addressed in the production?

#305 7 years ago

Code is further along but not done, and I haven't had any issues with upper flipper.

#306 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Last time the code was still unfinished "rug mode etc" and the upper flipper was always flaky.

There are multiple rug modes and all seem pretty well done. I confess that I've not advanced far through them though due to quick drains after getting them going.

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Anyone having any issues with the left ramp diverter?
Initially mine would occasionally get stuck above the ramp and not be able to lower. So I added some washers, and now it occasionally gets stuck below the ramp. Super frustrating. Haven't really been able to make it through many games without issue. Haven't contacted DP yet, I'll shoot them an email soon.
Seems like if the mech could be tightened to removed all the side to side play it would help. Or the other scarier option would be to drill out the ramp a bit to allow more clearance.

I have the same issue and emailed Barry. He said it's a known problem and he'd send me a fix that keeps the ramp firmer in position. Unfortunately this fix didn't arrive before I went on vacation. I hope it's waiting for me upon my return.

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

I have the same issue and emailed Barry. He said it's a known problem and he'd send me a fix that keeps the ramp firmer in position. Unfortunately this fix didn't arrive before I went on vacation. I hope it's waiting for me upon my return.

Curious to see what the fix the send you is. I'm about to try the foam pad. Just have to get the washers out I put in first.

Along those lines, not crazy about the use of phillips head screws to hold the coil in. One of them is already starting to strip. Hex nut seems like a better option. But then of course they might have used metric nuts and I would have been complaining anyway.

#309 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

. Hex nut seems like a better option. But then of course they might have used metric nuts and I would have been complaining anyway.

Oh wow, it never occurred to me that this machine might come with different nuts, bolts, screws than we're accustomed to given that to this point the vast majority of pins were manufactured in the U.S.

Somebody lift the playfield and find out if your standard nut drivers fit for most assemblies.

#48 coming soon, I hope.

#310 7 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Oh wow, it never occurred to me that this machine might come with different nuts, bolts, screws than we're accustomed to given that to this point the vast majority of pins were manufactured in the U.S.
Somebody lift the playfield and find out if your standard nut drivers fit for most assemblies.

That's what I'm saying. Very few hex nuts. Almost all phillips head screws.

#311 7 years ago

Just checked a couple bolts. I'm thinking they're metric. I have the basic husky nut driver set and none of them are fitting.

#312 7 years ago

Yeah in the big Q&A organized a year or so ago. I think we asked and yeah, it's metric hardware. I imagine though that bally/Williams assemblies will have American fittings since they are buying that stuff from here.

I guess if you don't like the phillips anyway, can slowly replace with American hex bolts over time

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I think we asked and yeah, it's metric hardware.

tumblr_oay0s7jjZP1roqv59o1_500 (resized).pngtumblr_oay0s7jjZP1roqv59o1_500 (resized).png

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Just checked a couple bolts. I'm thinking they're metric. I have the basic husky nut driver set and none of them are fitting.

Yeah, why the hell are we not yet metric.

If God intended us to use the metric system he would have given us 10 fingers....... ??????

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Got mine setup last night, my friend and I put a ton of games on it. I am absolutely stunned by this game, love it! The rug definitely ties the room together. Drank some white russians and played for hours, couldn't get enough.

Looks great Bryan! Congrats on finally getting TBL. You have an awesome lineup there!

#316 7 years ago

Applied a felt circle behind the diverter, and played 5 or so games and it worked. Nice cheap fix. Still would like to see what DP has to say about it since it's a known issue.

#317 7 years ago

I think in production they are in high 40s perhaps even low 50s. Vacation stopped two weeks ago. Container was shipped just befor their summer holiday and ended at no 30.

And yep, metric it is for a big part being European this sounds great

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I think in production they are in high 40s perhaps even low 50s. Vacation stopped two weeks ago. Container was shipped just befor their summer holiday and ended at no 30.
And yep, metric it is for a big part being European this sounds great

Ooh if they're in the 50's, mine might be here sooner than I expected.

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ooh if they're in the 50's, mine might be here sooner than I expected.

I'm a big rooter for your game to be manufactured (as mine is close behind it)!

#320 7 years ago

Have a friend with no 58 and for our Dutch pinball Magazine (Spinner) his unboxing will become an unboxing article in our magazine. To finish the series we did on TBL. So even more reason for me to keep close contact with DP on this topic and little birds tell me first-second week September

And yep, making pinballs doesn't always go according to plan

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Have a friend with no 58 and for our Dutch pinball Magazine (Spinner) his unboxing will become an unboxing article in our magazine. To finish the series we did on TBL. So even more reason for me to keep close contact with DP on this topic and little birds tell me first-second week September
And yep, making pinballs doesn't always go according to plan

If they are at game #58 that is great news! TBL 141 doesn't seem so far away

#322 7 years ago

I am not saying they are now at 58. Little birds told me expectation is first-second week September. In any case, near

#323 7 years ago

I'm thinking a second title announcement from DP is in store for expo this year. Especially if production is ramping up as it seems. I don't have the stomach for a pre order anymore, but can't wait for the reveal!!

Brian

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I think in production they are in high 40s perhaps even low 50s. Vacation stopped two weeks ago. Container was shipped just befor their summer holiday and ended at no 30. And yep, metric it is for a big part being European this sounds great

Well if they've already built #48 (which is mine) I can tell you that I haven't been contacted yet to find out whether I want to ship via boat or air. They prolly know I'm a poor dude and that I'm 100% boat but I'm just sayin, I haven't heard it's finished...

#325 7 years ago

If they are past nr 40, that is great news, indeed. I take comfort in that.

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Yeah, why the hell are we not yet metric.
If God intended us to use the metric system he would have given us 10 fingers....... ??????

Riiiiight. What's a cubit?

#327 7 years ago

Hi there,

a kind little bird told me yesterday that DP will do the final check on TBL #37 (which is mine) on next Tuesday, August 30th 2016.

Yep Dude

Best regards,
Bigmac

PS: DP ARA is only around 4 hours by car away form my location.

#328 7 years ago

Dudes - I am so envious. I love the looks of this game and am a huge fan of the movie. Will there be one at Expo does anyone know?

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from loanguy7171973:

Dudes - I am so envious. I love the looks of this game and am a huge fan of the movie. Will there be one at Expo does anyone know?

I'd be surprised if there won't be one at Expo. Look for it in the Coin Taker booth.

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from loanguy7171973:

There have been 3 Lebowskis at the last 2 expos.

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There have been 3 Lebowskis at the last 2 expos.

That would be an exciting development, as only sample games have been shown to date at the big shows, and they have been woefully incomplete and scaled down. Having access to a complete production game(s) is a huge step forward and one that both the pubilc and pinball community will relish. Looking forward to the videos.

#332 7 years ago

I'm also hoping to play one at expo. Hopefully I don't like it so I don't have to sell a bunch of stuff to afford it haha.

1 month later
#333 7 years ago

I played the machine at expo, but I'm afraid the value does not meet the asking price. Granted, the one I played in the Cointaker booth I believe has "been around the block" a number of times and is supposedly a pre-production unit with updated parts here and there. There wasn't a time I saw during expo that there wasn't an issue with the machine. (Right flipper was dead or sticking) Out of the 5 times I played, the ball got stuck 4 of those games. I hope this is a special case with just one machine but if they're using it to sell potential customers a machine, it didn't work for me at this time. There are definitely cool elements to the machine so it's a damn shame.

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from pigeonfarmboy:

I played the machine at expo, but I'm afraid the value does not meet the asking price. Granted, the one I played in the Cointaker booth I believe has "been around the block" a number of times and is supposedly a pre-production unit with updated parts here and there. There wasn't a time I saw during expo that there wasn't an issue with the machine. (Right flipper was dead or sticking) Out of the 5 times I played, the ball got stuck 4 of those games. I hope this is a special case with just one machine but if they're using it to sell potential customers a machine, it didn't work for me at this time. There are definitely cool elements to the machine so it's a damn shame.

We may have met, I was at the booth all weekend and yes, the game has been road hard and put away wet. That flipper sticking was kicking our ass. It wasn't in the mech, we had to keep adjust the opto interrupter on the actual flipper button. We looked around to see if any of the vendors had one, but no dice. I guess after some 4,000+ plays those interrupters start to loose their shape. I don't want to speak for the entire group but I would say that most of our games (that have been delivered) are working well. We had to tweak them a little, but nothing major. We are now waiting for another release of code.

As for price to value, thats kinda up to the ones buying it. For me, I am looking forward to opening the hood of the 10k Batman LE and seeing it side by side with Lebowski.......I know what the under hood of Lebowski looks like....it will be an interesting comparison for sure. It's too bad you couldn't have played a "dialed in" Lebowski....its a fun game.

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

We may have met, I was at the booth all weekend and yes, the game has been road hard and put away wet. That flipper sticking was kicking our ass. It wasn't in the mech, we had to keep adjust the opto interrupter on the actual flipper button. We looked around to see if any of the vendors had one, but no dice. I guess after some 4,000+ plays those interrupters start to loose their shape. I don't want to speak for the entire group but I would say that most of our games (that have been delivered) are working well. We had to tweak them a little, but nothing major. We are now waiting for another release of code.
As for price to value, thats kinda up to the ones buying it. For me, I am looking forward to opening the hood of the 10k Batman LE and seeing it side by side with Lebowski.......I know what the under hood of Lebowski looks like....it will be an interesting comparison for sure. It's too bad you couldn't have played a "dialed in" Lebowski....its a fun game.

Appreciate the info. It's definitely got potential to be a great game and I'm glad the flipper problem is something minor. The appearance of the machine is fantastic especially for a fan of the movie. I hope my impression above didn't come off as a warning to potential customers, rather intended to consider that this particular example at expo may not be a prime example. I suppose given the new pricing standards from JJP/Stern, a licensed movie title is priced within that window.

1 week later
#336 7 years ago

What number are they shipping now? Anyone know?

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

What number are they shipping now? Anyone know?

I believe pins up to number 70 about to hit homes

#338 7 years ago

I thought 51 was the cut off for this container. Another 200 till mine arrives.

#339 7 years ago

Just heard from Melissa at CoinTaker that they have received the next container of games - including my #43!

#340 7 years ago
Quoted from msadan:

Just heard from Melissa at CoinTaker that they have received the next container of games - including my #43!

Congratulations! It didn't take them long to get my #25 to me last time. Be careful removing that back glass to update code, it's surprisingly heavy.

#341 7 years ago

My post from other TBL thread.

Little report from factory visit:

#78 is the highest numbered finished boxed up game.

20 of them done, waiting for shipment.

Unfortunately all of them have to be depacked again as faults were detected on test samples of the latest batch of one of the boards, so they're checking all of them. Probably more of a pain in the arse than a major delay.

In my view it's highly unlikely any other companies in pinball would do this, or that any (save maybe for JJP - big maybe) would even detect a batch of PCBs with a minor fault after initial production, in the first place, before shipping them.

#92 is the highest number currently in production.

ARA are at a cadence of ~8 per week now. They've told DP that they think they can do up to 20 per week once they're fully up to speed. They're obviously picking up pace.

They have climate, wear and mechanical testing rigs set up in house. As the previous factory visit reported, all the bespoke PCBs can be designed, prototyped, tested and produced in-house ... which has to be a huge asset.

All machines are properly tested (technical and play) before they go out.

Still continually refining TBL in terms of assembly procedure, setup, and revising the odd part.

To put an end to the Pinside rumours, licensing is NOT an issue for TBL. The run of 300 has not yet been extended, because the contract with their manufacturing partner ARA is for 300, and it or a new one has to be negotiated. Nor are they quitting after TBL ... they're working on game #2 and have plenty more ideas. They wouldn't comment, but I feel like it may not be THAT long before we hear or see something, given the glint in their eyes. Guess it depends on how long they intend to produce TBL for.

Both Dutch Pinball and ARA seem very well organised, and far more professional than any other operations I've seen or heard of. I mean that both in the general sense, and that they are all professionals with expertise. Specific tasks are all delegated to those with the most relevant skills, experience and qualification, and the means and tools for them to do their jobs as well as possible are provided. That goes for everything from art, to code, to parts ordering, to software, to human resources. There's instruction and oversight at every stage of production, and protocol arranged to deal with failures. It's a typical example of studied, modern, lean production and management ... rather than the rather old fashioned, inefficient or chaotic garden shed like archetypes that tend to otherwise be associated with the industry.

They're happy to show anything in the production facility and have photos taken, no NDAs or no requests for keeping mum about anything. They happily answered any questions (save for timing or theme of game #2) all afternoon and night, including anything probing, inviting any scepticism or critique, including from customers who already had games and had parts fail ... indeed some of them left with bags of newly revised bits. Didn't seem like they wanted to brush anything under the rug or deflect. Nothing any of the staff said whilst I was there appeared optimistic or exaggerated (besides Jaap's personality ) and all of them seemed like realists. On the face of what I saw, heard and their demeanour, I'd be far more confident about ordering a NIB machine from them than anyone else, and them then standing behind their product.

Some of the stuff they use is of immensely higher quality and greater expense than other manufacturers. Two things that really stood out most were the backglass and bowling mech. The glass is 5mm thick and looks like bullet proof glass. It's ridiculously heavy, so much so they had to change the plastic guide it sits in as it kept breaking, and extremely solid. Thickness is so it can be bottom lit with LEDs and diffuse light through the panel. The bowling mech - it's even bigger and more industrial looking than it seems in photos, and surely the most expensive toy there's ever been or perhaps will be in pinball. But talking of cost, Jaap talked quite a bit about bill of materials, and efficiency. I strongly suspect TBL isn't as unaffordably costly to DP as many would think (or I suspected). The whole enterprise seems to be put together with a view to sustainability. But at the same time, Jaap and Barry clearly don't need to do this or aren't counting on it making them squillions; love of pinball does really seem to be the primary motivation, rather than a PR soundbite.

Without exception, the staff were friendly and informed.

They're looking at offering a high resolution mode on the LCD - default and only choice is a simulated dot matrix at the moment. Was a conscious decision to go with the latter, but they realise some would prefer it without. I certainly would given how many movie clips there are. A lot of colour and contrast are lost, and with the playfield and lights being so colourful, I think the ability to disable dots would make it a lot more eye catching.

Plenty more code planned. Though no exact ETA for next update. Wifi is ready to go now.

The product's finish, fit, feel and construction screams high quality. Stern, Heighway and Spooky aren't in the same universe. JJP are a bit different but definitely on the same planet, however I don't think they have anything like such stringent quality control and production procedure, and from what I've observed there will be a lot more variance and simple assembly errors & issues, or damage incurred in build or transit.

Was my first time playing. Lit up, the playfield looks prettier than any other. Shots all feel REALLY smooth, and most if not easy are immediately intuitive ... there doesn't seem to be any weird or potentially badly calculated geometry, unlike a lot of recent modern machines. I feel like the game would work whether flat as a pancake or raked as steeply as possible. Flipper feel seems excellent, though they use SuperBands as stock, which whilst I know many like them, I hate and would have to change - wish they'd use Titan Silicon. Sound design is good, and the low paced music wasn't an issue at all for me (I felt it might be). I liked that there are plenty of increments in adjustments for things like slingshots ... competitors typically offer few, in the games they do allow it. I think it will really benefit from code expansions in future, as it does still feel like such a rich game isn't yet making as much use of all its features as it can.

Don't know if I'll end up with one or not yet, probably depends on how large the run is and European pricing, as the theme has never been a huge attention grabber for me (sorry fans). But I do await their future titles with far more anticipation than anything else ... that and installing my BoP 2.0 kit.

#342 7 years ago

Sooooo, excuse my ignorance. Since they only have a contract for 300, does this mean they aren't taking anymore orders?

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Sooooo, excuse my ignorance. Since they only have a contract for 300, does this mean they aren't taking anymore orders?

Correct. Not sure if Cointaker have any left in their allotment of 100 though. If you're interested, call them.

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Correct. Not sure if Cointaker have any left in their allotment of 100 though. If you're interested, call them.

They don't. They are taking names.

#345 7 years ago

Bumber....I just shot them an email. Hopefully DP decides to do another run...

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Its all good. Thats the thing to do. Melissa will put you on the list and you will get contacted as soon as it opens up.

#347 7 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Would suggest calling CT rather than emailing.

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

They don't. They are taking names.

We have a small number left. Feel free to contact me. Even though, we are the Canadian distributor.... they arrive in the US before shipping to us. So, shipping stateside is not a problem.

Tommy Floyd
[email protected]

#349 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

It's too bad you couldn't have played a "dialed in" Lebowski....its a fun game.

Yeah, I know there are a bunch of us around the northern VA area who would love a chance to play a nice dialed in one....if only we knew someone local with one..hmmmmm

#350 7 years ago

The one at the Chicago expo played very poorly. I canceled my order. For 10k you have to do better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
There are 543 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-now-shipping/page/7?hl=pigeonfarmboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.