Topic Stats

• 543 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 60 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6409 (resized).PNG
IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
PM04 The Big Lebowski articles (resized).jpg
IMG_20161111_184929 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161111_191424 (resized).jpg
Power cables disconnected (resized).JPG
IMG_20161109_204217 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161109_164523 (resized).jpg
lebowski (resized).png
IMG_4755 (resized).JPG
IMG_4757 (resized).JPG
tumblr_oay0s7jjZP1roqv59o1_500 (resized).png
image.jpeg
DSC_0043.jpg
DSC_0042.jpg
DSC_0041.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 543 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
#251 3 years ago

Right on. Such a stunning game, nice to hear good reviews. Now where's containers #2,3,4..... I'm at the back of the line ordered with Cointaker once they were available. Hats off to those who believed and got in during all the mess. You all deserve your games for all that you waited through. Pre-orders are not for the weak.

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

They arrived at 10 after and its now loaded into my house. - Colorado times 2, eh Bemmett?

So, what's the report so far fellow limited achiever? Did you tell the delivery driver that this aggression will not stand? Does the new rug really tie the room together? Has your drug regime kept your mind limber enough to set up the game?

#253 3 years ago

Got mine setup last night, my friend and I put a ton of games on it. I am absolutely stunned by this game, love it! The rug definitely ties the room together. Drank some white russians and played for hours, couldn't get enough.
20160817_212246_(resized).jpg
20160818_051347_(resized).jpg
20160817_181932_(resized).jpg

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Got mine setup last night, my friend and I put a ton of games on it. I am absolutely stunned by this game, love it! The rug definitely ties the room together. Drank some white russians and played for hours, couldn't get enough.

The rug definitely makes the room.

#255 3 years ago

The rug goes under the machine!!!!

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlipTrip:

The rug goes under the machine!!!!

Yeah well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man

It will probably go under the machine, I made a temporary space I'll be moving things around and definitely plan on it going underneath. After I let people piss on it, of course.

#257 3 years ago

download_(resized).jpg

#258 3 years ago

we have a new dog who's been peeing in the house a bit while he learns the dog door.. so, there's a pretty legit chance my rug will be micturated upon

#259 3 years ago

I plan to keep my TBL rug urine free if possible (note to future players of my game) for lying upon and listening to bowling game recordings thru headphones.

However, anyone looking to purposely initiate their rugs, might wish to consider consuming one of the following oat sodas beforehand:

http://www.sctimes.com/story/life/food/2015/06/04/beer-insider-big-lebowski-inspires-beer-names/28435831/

#260 3 years ago

I'm probably one of very few that cares about this sort of thing but Captain Joe and the NYK Delphinus has past through the Panama Canal. Not surprising as the Delphinus sails under the flag of Panama.

Del_(resized).png

Del_2_(resized).png

#261 3 years ago

for anyone else using a cart to move the game around. the bowling alley is attached to the bottom via a bunch protruding lock nuts. I didn't want to pick up the entire game by those nuts, so I put some of the cardboard box (in addition to the rubber mat that came with harbor freight cart) to give the game something to punch through / even support. I don't know if it helped.. I was still sweating bullets with seeing the bowling alley wiggle around when the cart engages the bottom. But, seems ok

20160817_100204_(resized).jpg

#262 3 years ago

Played this game at yegpin , loved it , loved the music and callouts , if it weren't $15,000 cnd I would have one for sure . So very tempted still .

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Played this game at yegpin , loved it , loved the music and callouts , if it weren't $15,000 cnd I would have one for sure . So very tempted still .

Holy crap. Is the exchange rate and VAT that much??

#264 3 years ago

Yeah , it's right up there unfortunately, I just picked up full throttle for a little under 12. I will be in on alien as well when the time comes . But man would I love a BL .

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Yeah , it's right up there unfortunately, I just picked up full throttle for a little under 12.

gd_(resized).JPG

#266 3 years ago

Check this out, the first thing I see after getting the cardboard off. Metal leg protectors.

Sorry if this has been posted before but I was unaware the game would come this way. Speaks of quality and made my day.

IMG_20160818_143042635_(resized).jpg

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Check this out, the first thing I see after getting the cardboard off. Metal leg protectors.
Sorry if this has been posted before but I was unaware the game would come this way. Speaks of quality and made my day.

Hi Kim,

Very nice, would you be able to post some additional photos and include your insightful commentary once you have played a few games.

Gord

#268 3 years ago

Gord, it looks like you live about 30 miles away me. Just come over, man. Anybody else in Colorado is welcome also.

#269 3 years ago

congrats Kim!!!!

#270 3 years ago

Anyone else still waiting on theirs from CT? I paid CT on the 10th after having to chase them down for a couple of days and my game is still en route with an estimated delivery of the 25th, Shipper says it may not even be here on the 25th. Looks like others who are a good 5 or 6 times further away from CT have already received theirs. I paid considerably more to CT than I ever have for a NIB delivery in the past and I have never waited more than 5 days for delivery. I hate to complain but I am pretty unhappy with the situation.

#271 3 years ago

from the pics, the game looks unbelievable, in terms of quality. congrats to all that have purchased this beautiful pin.

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Anyone else still waiting on theirs from CT? I paid CT on the 10th after having to chase them down for a couple of days and my game is still en route with an estimated delivery of the 25th, Shipper says it may not even be here on the 25th. Looks like others who are a good 5 or 6 times further away from CT have already received theirs. I paid considerably more to CT than I ever have for a NIB delivery in the past and I have never waited more than 5 days for delivery. I hate to complain but I am pretty unhappy with the situation.

Ya that don't seem right, mine made it to CO in less than a week. Mine was thru Roadrunner

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ya that don't seem right, mine made it to CO in less than a week. Mine was thru Roadrunner

Yep...same here RoadRunner. When did yours ship? I have tried to follow up with CT, but again, no response. Ughhh I am even more frustrated now!

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Gord, it looks like you live about 30 miles away me. Just come over, man. Anybody else in Colorado is welcome also.

You two would hit it off, Kim. You and Gord have similar condition games. I'd be there in a heartbeat, if I were closer. Still waiting for Millard to get his. I guess he's hoping next month some time.

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Yep...same here RoadRunner. When did yours ship? I have tried to follow up with CT, but again, no response. Ughhh I am even more frustrated now!

Bleh, no good man. Not sure what CT can do about it after its already in route unless the game got mishandled as to priority / got over charged. But I'm sure if there is something they can do, they will.

Itll be there soon! Just don't get the same guys that delivered #6 !

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I think the shipment options varied by location. In the Tampa area I was able to pay extra for 2 day FedEx. Of course, with my luck it was really 5 days. You're a lot closer to PA and in a city, so that doesn't make sense to me either.

#277 3 years ago

I had mine sent via FedEx and they called today and want to deliver on Monday but I'm not around til Tues night so have scheduled it to arrive then. Will keep you all updated...

#278 3 years ago

Glad most of you guys don't seem to be experiencing any major issues with your games. Unfortunately the replacement opto board DP sent me for the bowling alley hasn't resolved the problem so its still not registering hits, and I now have a new problem with the car not sensing hits because it comes out too far and closes the car targets - meaning that hits don't register, but if I take the glass of and manually move the car away from the targets it registers a hit. Really frustrating.

I've installed the new slingshot coils which are an improvement, but the old coils must have been strong enough to bend the leaf switches out of shape so I'm constantly having to adjust them.

I've finally managed to tweak the sensitivity of the rug to register 99% of hits - I have the screws all the way forward (ie towards the top of the playfield when raised) but I've loosened them both slightly which seems to have done the job. It took a fair bit of trial and error but it was worth it.

Really hoping I get the last few major issues sorted out soon.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Thanks Kim, next time I am up your way I will reach out to you. I don't get up to Boulder that often, but playing a couple of games on your pristine TBL will be a nice motivator for me to make it up that way.

You have an awesome place and really nice setup for your pinball games. I purchased a sheet of PDI glass from you about a year ago and got to see your really nice collection at that time. I played your very nice example of 'Goldeneye' which seems like a really fun game.

Gord

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Unfortunately the replacement opto board DP sent me for the bowling alley hasn't resolved the problem so its still not registering hits, and I now have a new problem with the car not sensing hits ...

That sucks Dude! I hope your TBL is fully working very soon.

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I have the screws all the way forward (ie towards the top of the playfield when raised)

having them forward like that will make it less sensitive. They need to move towards the bottom of the cabinet to be more sensitive. The switch opens to register a hit.

#282 3 years ago

I lifted the playfield and as I pulled it towards me into position, I heard the familiar "Click" of a Bally Williams.

Come on Stern, get in the game.

DSCN2143_(resized).JPG

#283 3 years ago

Nice metal subway ramps.... nothing to break there.

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from r6emperor:

having them forward like that will make it less sensitive. They need to move towards the bottom of the cabinet to be more sensitive. The switch opens to register a hit.

I think it must vary from machine to machine, as when I moved them towards the bottom of the cabinet hardly any shots registered. I asked Barry about this issue a while ago and he said...

'The Rug Hit is registered by only one switch. Since it does register the electronics are working, but maybe the switch needs to be adjusted a bit.

In the attached picture you see the switch. The switch is normally closed and registers when the switchs opens. The position is quite awkward, but it should be possible to adjust it a bit. It might help to loosen the screws a bit. Sometimes they are tightened too much so the switch doesn't work all the time. '

I've uploaded the pic the attached in case anyone else wants to try adjusting the switch, but I got the best results from loosening both slightly and keeping them in the same position as the photo. Even softer hits register now.

image_(resized).jpeg

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I got the best results from loosening both slightly

Good to know and I will try this. I've been using that position but have it torqued down (macho style) resulting in some misses. Not bad results but I'm anal.

Note to those who are still waiting. I'm anxious for you to get your machines as you will not be disappointed. I have my game nearly all tweaked and dialed in and I will try and post some thoughts when time permits. Including an embarrassing moment.

#286 3 years ago

Sweet. Now bring on the containers of games. Anyone know what build number they are up to?

#287 3 years ago

Messed with some super band blue sling rubbers. They are a little tight at 2.5. Might try a 2.75. Looks good with the blue sling covers and inlane guide. Also traced out the sling plastics, need to get a set of plastic protectors made.

Only thing I am still working on is my bowling alley launch mech is a little janky and even on a dead on hit of the pin it won't register when trying to pick up a spare or hit the moving pin. Otherwise, really enjoying the overall game play. Its a fun pin.

Had a chance to check out the clips during Mark it Zero....(with the glass off). There is some great clips used as you advance into Mark it Zero...hope we can get a longer light or an adjustable timer for that feature. Its a tough shot on a good day, and with the hurry up makes it really hard to get past the first or second animation when playing a game.

Regarding the multiplier, I seem to have only grabbed it from the mystery award

20160821_100332_(resized).jpg
20160821_153318_(resized).jpg

#288 3 years ago

Mine came yesterday, and will be on route soon.
I found a bar called "Lebowski" and they want it.

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

#289 3 years ago

Really happy for you, wellarmed.

To be frank though, I was hoping that they would have speeded up delivery a bit by now. 27 games delivered in more than 4 months does make it hard for me to see how they are gonna be able to deliver my game (nr 132) this year. I know they are planning to speed things up, but I have heard that for a long time.

I am not freaking out, since I knew this could happen, and I am willing to give them a lot of extra time since this is their first game, an awesome theme and I am just happy that I am on this list. But man, do I want this game

#290 3 years ago

This will not pertain to most of you but I thought I'd cut and paste from another thread just in case.

I have my Big Lewboski tweaked and dialed in. Now its time for real world testing.

Party at my house tomorrow night Wednesday, 08/24/16. - 6 to 10:30-ish.
Yes, you can bring a guest but no Nihilist or rug pissers.

Hope to meet some new people and I'm a lot nicer than some on Pinside believe. - Contact me privately for details.

Kim

#291 3 years ago

Wish I was near Boulder; great town, great game, and I'd like to meet you in person Kim! BTW - your former Space Ship has moved on, but I'm hanging on to the Bowling Queen. Part of my bowling themed row to be crowned by my TBL!

#292 3 years ago

Anyone added a subwoofer to their TBL yet?

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This will not pertain to most of you but I thought I'd cut and paste from another thread just in case.
I have my Big Lewboski tweaked and dialed in. Now its time for real world testing.
Party at my house tomorrow night Wednesday, 08/24/16. - 6 to 10:30-ish.
Yes, you can bring a guest but no Nihilist or rug pissers.
Hope to meet some new people and I'm a lot nicer than some on Pinside believe. - Contact me privately for details.
Kim

I agree - Kim is a great host - don't let his Pinside swagger dissuade you from attending. My only regret is the 1200 mile drive to get there. Done that - twice - ugh!

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

To be frank though, I was hoping that they would have speeded up delivery a bit by now. 27 games delivered

I don't think we can go by the sequential numbers cause some of these are EU and others are US. They have to fill a container to ship for the US delivery ones so we won't see numbers line up.

#295 3 years ago

And unfortunately the gap between container 1 and container 2 is exacerbated by that multi week holiday thing. So, not a good pace setting

#296 3 years ago

I think summer break is over now right?

#297 3 years ago

I would think so. Just added two weeks to I guess what would of been possible for container 2. Prob more than 2 weeks as I'm sure it's 3-4 days before things are running smooth again after turning off.

Def hope container two hits the open seas soon for you all!

#298 3 years ago

Anyone having any issues with the left ramp diverter?

Initially mine would occasionally get stuck above the ramp and not be able to lower. So I added some washers, and now it occasionally gets stuck below the ramp. Super frustrating. Haven't really been able to make it through many games without issue. Haven't contacted DP yet, I'll shoot them an email soon.

Seems like if the mech could be tightened to removed all the side to side play it would help. Or the other scarier option would be to drill out the ramp a bit to allow more clearance.

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

To be frank though, I was hoping that they would have speeded up delivery a bit by now. 27 games delivered in more than 4 months does make it hard for me to see how they are gonna be able to deliver my game (nr 132) this year. I know they are planning to speed things up, but I have heard that for a long time.
I am not freaking out, since I knew this could happen, and I am willing to give them a lot of extra time since this is their first game, an awesome theme and I am just happy that I am on this list. But man, do I want this game

They've been past 27 for a while. I've got game 25 and it floated across the Atlantic and has been in my house for about 2 weeks. I think there were games as high as 30 in that first container. They did have that mandatory Dutch vacation recently though.

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Anyone having any issues with the left ramp diverter?

No never the diverter getting stuck. I think but I haven't focused on something going on in that area occasionally that messes up trajectory of ball during pass through to lock, but that's it.

Def email support and/or post to dp forums

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 3.70
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 543 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside