Topic Stats

• 543 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 60 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6409 (resized).PNG
IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
PM04 The Big Lebowski articles (resized).jpg
IMG_20161111_184929 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161111_191424 (resized).jpg
Power cables disconnected (resized).JPG
IMG_20161109_204217 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161109_164523 (resized).jpg
lebowski (resized).png
IMG_4755 (resized).JPG
IMG_4757 (resized).JPG
tumblr_oay0s7jjZP1roqv59o1_500 (resized).png
image.jpeg
DSC_0043.jpg
DSC_0042.jpg
DSC_0041.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 543 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

... how long is a typical container boat ride between Europe and USA?

Container ship time at sea between Rotterdam and New York (for example) is approximately 2 weeks. Processing time at ports and freight by rail or truck is additional of course.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Can you imagine the logistical nightmare of Stern trying to stock individual cardboard boxes for every title that is in production? This only works when you have 1 game.

Yes that would be crazy LOL. I guess they could print some stickers up and slap them on the box like my local pizza shop does with coupons on the pizza box but really? This is not needed is it? LOL.

#103 3 years ago

Looks like it is time to shine!

image_(resized).jpg

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I'm waffling again on this. I'd really like to have the game by July 4th (I'm #17).. So 2.5 months from today. So there's getting ~50 deep in production, then boat ride, then coin taker, then shipping from coin taker.. etc. For those that know, how long is a typical container boat ride between Europe and USA?

Is anyone really certain they are sticking to this "fill the boat" with 40 thing? Maybe batches of 10 or 20 to get them moving, in the last letter anyway it still referenced just "batches"? Seems like a LONG time to wait to fill up 40 to US if they are trickling out.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Is anyone really certain they are sticking to this "fill the boat" with 40 thing? Maybe batches of 10 or 20 to get them moving, in the last letter anyway it still referenced just "batches"? Seems like a LONG time to wait to fill up 40 to US if they are trickling out.

A container cost the same to ship whether you have it filled with 40 pinball machines or just one grand piano.

It only makes sense to fill it to the brim.

#106 3 years ago

last I heard a number, it was 40 machines per container. Once/if they ramp up to 10 per week they can do one container a month. If there's 200 pre orders, that's 5 months to bang them out. My concern is the first container getting dragged out to July deliveries due to slow ramp up to get 40. Guess we'll see..

Glad we are at this phase of complaining !

#107 3 years ago

Congrats on the hard work of DP and congrats to the buyers. Looks like some fun nights in store soon.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Great news. Did nobody notice the custom box it ships in? Very cool. Not sure if JJP has the game's logo on the box, but Stern's games don't. Don't think Bally / Williams games did either.

Williams slugfest had a custom box

#109 3 years ago

Good news. Not in on this one but always good to see more pinball.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

A container cost the same to ship whether you have it filled with 40 pinball machines or just one grand piano.
It only makes sense to fill it to the brim.

In theory yes, however freight forwarders have many customers that want to ship single items, few boxes etc. They put all the cargo in a single shared container and charge the customers accordingly.
Shipping a single pin by sea to USA EC could probably cost half price respect of air freight with weekly departures from Rotterdam.
Buyers don't have to wait DP to build 40 pins to ship it by sea and save some money

#111 3 years ago

Jesus approves!

Jesus_(resized).jpeg

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from singapore_pin:

In theory yes, however freight forwarders have many customers that want to ship single items, few boxes etc. They put all the cargo in a single shared container and charge the customers accordingly

That's called LCL shipping ... The shippers sell the space by the cubic metre. Cheaper than air freight by half, generally. But a lot slower, of course.

Shipping a whole container is surprisingly cheap on a per unit basis. A whole 40ft is probably $2000 USD from Rotterdam to Chicago, divide that by 40 units and it's only $50 per machine port to port.

(I used to ship 100x 40ft high cubes to NZ a year ex Shanghai in my previous life ... From memory they were $2400 USD plus charges per container, took 21 days to arrive)

rd

#113 3 years ago

Its been two days since this announcement. Shouldn't someone have started a thread, "Whats the next game from Dutch Pinball?"

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Its been two days since this announcement. Shouldn't someone have started a thread, "Whats the next game from Dutch Pinball?"

My guess is Pulp Fiction

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

My guess is Pulp Fiction

I'd rather see Reservoir Dogs...

#116 3 years ago

#117 3 years ago

The Munsters

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome news, congrats DP!
Direct ship by air option?! So the crew of the plane pushes the pin out the back, parachute deploys and it lands directly on my lawn? I'm in!

Parachute is extra

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I'd rather see Reservoir Dogs...

You need one that appeals to the ladies - Kill Bill.

#120 3 years ago

Iron Monkey please.

#121 3 years ago

Another great one, not enough Kung Fu in Pinball for my taste.

#122 3 years ago

Late to the party on this one. Heard this pin costs 10k after shipping. Was I lied to?

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Late to the party on this one. Heard this pin costs 10k after shipping. Was I lied to?

Nope

#124 3 years ago

Love the game and on my want list. Congrats to the folks receiving this instant classic game

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

am I the only one who thinks this is kind of a burn for the USA achievers who don't want to spend another $1450 ?

Some people will find any reason to complain lol.

#126 3 years ago

Can't wait to see this game in person. Would love to have one.

#127 3 years ago

Glance away and stuff happens...so someone tell me what gives here. I have paid no attention for about a year or so. Is this the lebowski pin we all wanted? If it is it is instabuy really and RD is right - should be more buzz. How do I buy one and is there any chance I get screwed here?

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Glance away and stuff happens...so someone tell me what gives here. I have paid no attention for about a year or so. Is this the lebowski pin we all wanted? If it is it is instabuy really and RD is right - should be more buzz. How do I buy one and is there any chance I get screwed here?

Yes
Yes
Call Cointaker
No

#129 3 years ago

Maybe it's about time we start a unboxing thread?

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Maybe it's about time we start a unboxing thread?

For those three that got built? Seems a lot like that highway thread where they cheered about finally shipping when only the two shown were done and there was a lengthy gap between those two and more. The pictures showed three boxed games and nothing else and there hasn't been a peep since. Just seems a little premature is all. I'm sure there are more coming ... At some point.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

For those three that got built? Seems a lot like that highway thread where they cheered about finally shipping when only the two shown were done and there was a lengthy gap between those two and more. The pictures showed three boxed games and nothing else and there hasn't been a peep since. Just seems a little premature is all. I'm sure there are more coming ... At some point.

From what I read, there's a difference too between in a box and shipping. Seems they are sending them out in batches of 40, which means those 3 may not leave until 37 others are completed. That could take a while. You should only be able to say "shipping" when it's on a truck, no?

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from DerekParsons:

From what I read, there's a difference too between in a box and shipping. Seems they are sending them out in batches of 40, which means those 3 may not leave until 37 others are completed. That could take a while. You should only be able to say "shipping" when it's on a truck, no?

Hi Kaneda...

Does anyone else think its interesting that this guy just joined and the only threads he has posted in are Ghostbusters, TBL, Hobbit, and Surprise Surprise, Aliens?

Also has an extraordinarily similar writing style.

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Hi Kaneda...
Does anyone else think its interesting that this guy just joined and the only threads he has posted in are Ghostbusters, TBL, Hobbit, and Surprise Surprise, Aliens?

Yup... definitely Kaneda.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread#post-3119161

VERBATIM what he said on his last crapcast.

#135 3 years ago

One of them is unboxed already, see pre order club thread.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

One of them is unboxed already, see pre order club thread.

Just to add a bit. Not only is #1 opened and absolutely gorgeous, but the same owner has #2 as well. It's in the background of the photos he posted. So atleast 2 have left the factory. I believe he lives in Amsterdam.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Hi Kaneda...

Hmmm ... I dunno. He doesn't look anything like Kaneda.

Regardless, I say if he's a fan of The Big Lebowski, he obviously has fine taste in pinball machines and he's okay by me. Welcome Dude!

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from DerekParsons:

You should only be able to say "shipping" when it's on a truck, no?

You should only be able to post when you're not banned.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Hmmm ... I dunno. He doesn't look anything like Kaneda.

That pic is famed paleontologist Barnum Brown. He's been dead for years. Who is Kaneda?

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from D_Graunch:

That pic is famed paleontologist Barnum Brown. He's been dead for years.

There you go. Kaneda is definitely not this guy.

Thank you - I rest my case.

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Hi Kaneda...

Looked at his other posts. seems like it could be.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from D_Graunch:

That pic is famed paleontologist Barnum Brown. He's been dead for years. Who is Kaneda?

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

There you go. Kaneda is definitely not this guy.
Thank you - I rest my case.

Kaneda is a rather gregarious douche who lives somewhere near NYC. Has a podcast and is hated by many and often trolls and flames threads repeatedly. He was given an extended leave of absence from pinside for not behaving. As much as he posted, he will no doubt be back under a new name. Given the location of his profile, newness of it and the chosen avatar, it's quite possible this toilet bug (Die Hard reference) has resurfaced.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Looked at his other posts. seems like it could be.

Definitely is.

#144 3 years ago

Who doesn't think Kaneda has 5-10 accounts in various stages of development that will roll off the line at regular intervals as fully embedded troll accounts ready to strike?

#145 3 years ago

So when is the next unboxing likely to be? I think machines 1 and 3 were headed to the States via air freight - shouldn't they be landing soon? I'm hoping we get to see some video soon!

Also, any word on machines four or five shipping?

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Who doesn't think Kaneda has 5-10 accounts in various stages of development that will roll off the line at regular intervals as fully embedded troll accounts ready to strike?

Well that account's blocked now, so evidently it was him.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Well that account's blocked now, so evidently it was him.

Well, well, well!
I know I'm not always a glowing ray of Sunshine, but that kid was just impossible.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

So when is the next unboxing likely to be? I think machines 1 and 3 were headed to the States via air freight - shouldn't they be landing soon? I'm hoping we get to see some video soon!
Also, any word on machines four or five shipping?

Number 1 lives in US and decided container so may take some time
Number 2 lives in NL (north of Amsterdam) and unboxed it
Number 3 lives in US and decided airfreight so wont be long

Quoted from ff6735:

Just to add a bit. Not only is #1 opened and absolutely gorgeous, but the same owner has #2 as well. It's in the background of the photos he posted. So atleast 2 have left the factory. I believe he lives in Amsterdam.

He got only one, number 2. Were do you see a TBL in the background?

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Number 1 lives in US and decided container so may take some time
Number 2 lives in NL (north of Amsterdam) and unboxed it
Number 3 lives in US and decided airfreight so wont be long

Thanks for the update - looking forward to number 3 landing! Do you have any idea if any further machines have shipped or will be shipped soon? I'm hoping that number 8 will be ready before long....

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

He got only one, number 2. Were do you see a TBL in the background?

My apologies. I was incorrect. I misinterpreted his post and a photo. You're correct, only 1.

In any case, it look awesome man. Can't wait for my number to pop up once it's transferred. I'm stoked

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
28,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Budapest
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 50.00
€ 3.70
$ 21.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 543 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside