IMG_4755 (resized).JPG
IMG_4757 (resized).JPG
tumblr_oay0s7jjZP1roqv59o1_500 (resized).png
image.jpeg
DSC_0043.jpg
DSC_0042.jpg
DSC_0041.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 543 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
#451 7 years ago

There is a family mode I played it with the family mode on and either the words were silenced out or the speech was different like they said different things it was really well done

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

TBL has a family mode, I have never used it but it's there.

Besides, for what could be the next BBB, even if it didn't have a family mode I'd kick my kid out of the room for a few more years before getting out.

2 weeks later
#453 7 years ago

Haso anyone heard anything more about the next shipment? I heard something about a board issue needing to be trouble shot, but that was a while ago.

#454 7 years ago

What is the most current game number to land in the US?

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

What is the most current game number to land in the US?

I think the last container was up to game #51.

#456 7 years ago

I don't know how much this is actually holding up production. It may not be at all, with only deliveries being impacted in the short term.

When we visited the factory, they were still assembling machines, whilst waiting for the new boards. But they may have run out of space and had to pause production ... as in 2 months, that would likely be ~80 machines waiting to go out, once they had their boards in, assuming the ~8 machines per week rate held, and the 20 boxed up already.

1 month later
#457 7 years ago

I see that Coin Taker is their distributor here in the states now, but they indicate they are 'Out of Stock'.... Anyone know what the plan is there? Will they be building/selling more than there current backlog of orders on this pin?

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

I see that Coin Taker is their distributor here in the states now, but they indicate they are 'Out of Stock'.... Anyone know what the plan is there? Will they be building/selling more than there current backlog of orders on this pin?

Supposedly, DP is presently capped out at 300 due to a contract at this time. Rumor is that they might make more if interest is there, or maybe they won't. Hard to say right now. I'm not sure if DP even knows yet.

#459 7 years ago

Have the board issues been worked out? Any current info on when the games start shipping again???

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Have the board issues been worked out? Any current info on when the games start shipping again???

As of right now, no new updates.

This thread topic should be revised to "The Big Lebowski WAS Shipping!"

#461 7 years ago

Anybody hearing anything?

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Anybody hearing anything?

I emailed Jaap and Barry again asking if they would just ship my game with the defective board. I would pay to ship my game air freight and pay to exchange the defective board when a fix comes along (since my game has supposedly been complete since last November). I just emailed yesterday, but haven't heard anything yet. I will update if I hear anything.

And, yes, an updated gameplay video would be just what the doctor ordered. Still can't wait for my game....!!!!!

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I emailed Jaap and Barry again asking if they would just ship my game with the defective board. I would pay to ship my game air freight and pay to exchange the defective board when a fix comes along (since my game has supposedly been complete since last November). I just emailed yesterday, but haven't heard anything yet. I will update if I hear anything.
And, yes, an updated gameplay video would be just what the doctor ordered. Still can't wait for my game....!!!!!

I don't get why you'd want this? Well I mean I guess I can see why, but realistically why? You may end up getting the "fix" later that doesn't work and hasn't been tested by their trained technicians and spend another month or two trying to get one that works, then you are pissed at them and raising hell and they would be responsible for supporting it. Believe me I can't imagine the frustration cause I was one of the fortunate ones who has their game already BUT I have had some issues and needed some parts and it has not been quick getting them from DP(understandably as I know they have bigger fish to fry than my little parts) but that would likely be a nightmare trying to get a much larger thing from them later and expecting them to diagnose and support it from overseas. I can tell you I have some still unresolved issues with my game(none of which are crippling issues) but going 1 month + trying to resolve and get replacements parts needed. Just my 2 cents on it all. DP needs to step it up no question on both getting these games out and having continuing support on them for issues, as that has been subpar as well in my opinion and dealing with it firsthand. I still love this game and have the highest hopes for it but the amount of negatives is far outweighing the positives at the moment for DP, hopefully that changes soon.

Again easier for me to say cause I do have my game, I hope you all get one soon as well cause it is beautiful.

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I don't get why you'd want this? Well I mean I guess I can see why, but realistically why?

Just to have something for our money, at this point. Some proof that we're still going to see our games! We're in total head-in-the-sand paranoid land now....and it's not our fault. If DP would TELL US THE TRUTH.....we wouldn't be "going there".

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I don't get why you'd want this? Well I mean I guess I can see why, but realistically why? You may end up getting the "fix" later that doesn't work and hasn't been tested by their trained technicians and spend another month or two trying to get one that works, then you are pissed at them and raising hell and they would be responsible for supporting it. Believe me I can't imagine the frustration cause I was one of the fortunate ones who has their game already BUT I have had some issues and needed some parts and it has not been quick getting them from DP(understandably as I know they have bigger fish to fry than my little parts) but that would likely be a nightmare trying to get a much larger thing from them later and expecting them to diagnose and support it from overseas. I can tell you I have some still unresolved issues with my game(none of which are crippling issues) but going 1 month + trying to resolve and get replacements parts needed. Just my 2 cents on it all. DP needs to step it up no question on both getting these games out and having continuing support on them for issues, as that has been subpar as well in my opinion and dealing with it firsthand. I still love this game and have the highest hopes for it but the amount of negatives is far outweighing the positives at the moment for DP, hopefully that changes soon.
Again easier for me to say cause I do have my game, I hope you all get one soon as well cause it is beautiful.

Maybe it's a knee jerk request, but the lack of anything other than there are still "board problems" has me concerned. Is there something else going on? I guess I'd just rather have something to show for my $8500 than an open spot in my gameroom. And, according to them, the issue is with one particular board. They have stated nothing else is holding up shipping. And if that's it, I'm fully capable of swapping it out and sending it back.

Also, I heard that shipping to a depot or terminal is around $800 or so. If that's the case, it seems worth it to me.

Now, I could be way off on all of this. And I really hope I am. But, when we are left high and dry by DP (again), what else can we do but draw our own conclusions.

I'm more than happy to wait. Heck, I've waited for three years. But, the vague updates and lack of responses is really getting f'ing old.

And hearing you state that the support is sub par once the game is delivered doesn't really help create a positive outlook.

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

And, please don't get me wrong... I respect your post and totally understand where you are coming from. I hope you get your issues resolved. And I hope this is a great game for everyone involved.

#467 7 years ago

The worrying thing is that new pinball companies have such incredible cash burn so if revenue isn't coming in fast as well, it can get very scary.

DP aren't doing themselves any favors by avoiding communication as it leaves people fearing the worst.

If things are ok, then a simple email is all that is needed - not rocket science.

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The worrying thing is that new pinball companies have such incredible cash burn so if revenue isn't coming in fast as well, it can get very scary.
DP aren't doing themselves any favors by avoiding communication as it leaves people fearing the worst.
If things are ok, then a simple email is all that is needed - not rocket science.

Exactly.

#469 7 years ago

As the founder of a financial technology company, I've been working with customers and prospect for for years - like many people here.

It never ceases to amaze me when someone fails to communicate and then acts as if everything is normal. It's as if they have their own version of time and space, whereby not answering 3 emails is the same as intending to get back to me. Fortunately, this doesn't happen all of the time and some people communicate effectively.

My point is that there are likely possibilities: a) DP is embarrassed about the delays and thinks like the people I mentioned above or; b) everyone is screwed because they ran out of money, gave up, etc...

In my humble opinion, having more info from DP won't change either a or b. I understand people have been waiting years and have their money tied up. I only have a deposit down, so admittedly I have less skin in the game and am not nervous yet...but I get it. Just my .02 - no judgement.

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Per my post on the other thread, DP are a lean model. They have a contract manufacturer, no full time employees that I know of, and no premises. They're not really comparable in cash burn to the others ... some of which are in an absolutely dire state. But then there's also a disadvantage ... their books may not be turning red, but they are entirely beholden to their manufacturing partner, during the production stage. Hence the current situation.

Not saying it's impossible, but I'd say the biggest worry is a falling out between them and ARA, due to the lack of timely resolution re: the board problems, not bankruptcy or insolvency. That and the diminishing chance of more than 300 games being made, if this can't be solved soon.

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Per my post on the other thread, DP are a lean model. They have a contract manufacturer, no full time employees that I know of, and no premises. They're not really comparable in cash burn to the others ... some of which are in an absolutely dire state. But then there's also a disadvantage ... their books may not be turning red, but they are entirely beholden to their manufacturing partner, during the production stage. Hence the current situation.
Not saying it's impossible, but I'd say the biggest worry is a falling out between them and ARA, due to the lack of timely resolution re: the board problems, not bankruptcy or insolvency. That and the diminishing chance of more than 300 games being made, if this can't be solved soon.

Really good point about the partnership.

Based on how far they've come it seems unlikely that they wouldn't see it through, but anything is possible. I guess we'll find out. I'm giving it two months before think about my deposit, but I know others have much more invested.

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Really good point about the partnership.
Based on how far they've come it seems unlikely that they wouldn't see it through, but anything is possible. I guess we'll find out. I'm giving it two months before think about my deposit, but I know others have much more invested.

Does anyone know if the Dutch guys are attending TPF? I didn't see them on the list...but Cointaker will be there. If they're going, and we don't see answers or games shipping again by then...I might have to go to TPF just to confront them.

#473 7 years ago

Had a chat with Jaap this morning. It is still the same board issue holding everything up at ARA. Also talked to Melissa at Cointaker. I guess ARA are a pain in the ass to work with, They insisted the old board will be good, that delayed getting the new one it the works. Jaap and Barry are supposed to be at TPF along with cointaker this year. I asked her if they were still making the machines without the board instead of sitting idle. She will find out and let us know in the next week when she talks to them. Hope this helps everyone!

#474 7 years ago

Thanks! I really hope they continue to build while they wait... I don't think my number is very far from 300

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Had a chat with Jaap this morning. It is still the same board issue holding everything up at ARA. Also talked to Melissa at Cointaker. I guess ARA are a pain in the ass to work with, They insisted the old board will be good, that delayed getting the new one it the works. Jaap and Barry are supposed to be at TPF along with cointaker this year. I asked her if they were still making the machines without the board instead of sitting idle. She will find out and let us know in the next week when she talks to them. Hope this helps everyone!

Melissa at Cointaker is probably my favorite person I have come to know in this hobby! I am glad we have her as a go between with DP, as direct contact with Barry or Jaap like what you had doesn't happen very often.

#476 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Thanks! I really hope they continue to build while they wait... I don't think my number is very far from 300

I think they'd be out of space by now, unless the other line in that building has been moved or finished its run ... there were 20+ packed up (waiting to be pulled from packaging and depalleted to inspect boards) at the very beginning of november, with a bunch more on the line.

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think they'd be out of space by now

Yeah, me too

Considering people have been waiting three years and have not received anything yet and I'm only three months in I don't have anything to complain about... well, besides the extra $1500 hahah.

#478 7 years ago

Thank you guys again for the update. Sure with DP would provide some "official" ones.

Still would love to see a video of the new code if anyone has some spare time on their hands.

#479 7 years ago

I like Cointaker and DP as well, but the fact that people have to chase for updates is bothersome. Transparency on an $8,500 item should be a given, especially considering how much time has elapsed since it was first unveiled. TBL customers could've collected interest/gains on their preorder money during this wait period. My friends have stopped asking "when are you going to get that TBL pin you've been talking about forever?" Good question!

I know all about production delays firsthand, but then again, my products never required the customer's money up front (and certainly not $8,500). Even then, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night without providing consistent updates to my customers who took a risk on my company in the first place.

Pardon the pun, but what other industry/hobby rolls this way?

#480 7 years ago

There aren't any updates because there aren't any updates. I'm sure they will issue an update as soon as they have something definitive.

As I also said before, at least be glad that they're not constantly on here spinning lies and bullshit, unlike some other notable examples, past and present. That's a far, far worse scenario.

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

There aren't any updates because there aren't any updates. I'm sure they will issue an update as soon as they have something definitive.
As I also said before, at least be glad that they're not constantly on here spinning lies and bullshit, unlike some other notable examples, past and present. That's a far, far worse scenario.

Please. It's been months since the last meaningful update. I've personally reached out to the DP team on several occasions with no response. Running away from your buyers isn't a good business practice. I don't forgive it.

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Pardon the pun, but what other industry/hobby rolls this way?

Pinball's not gonna roll that way anymore. All these "new guys" popped up when Sterns still weren't very desirable by collectors, Jersey Jack only had WOZ ....so we saw the emergence new players who wanted to give the hardcore collectors what they wanted. Chicago Gaming with the remake of a classic at a "reasonable" price, Jpop with unlicensed themes, innovation and hand-drawn art, Skit-B with the 80's action gore, Heighway with the 80's classic sci-fi, and Dutch with the R-rated cult comedy, and Spooky with the "Indie-cred/lower priced" option. All of them (except Spooky) had the same problem: NO IDEA how hard it would be to create and/or license and then manufacture. They had the support of the pinball community...that's why we threw money at them and had patience. So far, 2 (Jpop & Skit-B) crashed and burned. Heighway can't finish the damn project. CGC got out the MMrs but pissed off most of their customers with delays, issues, and upcharges. Dutch finally started getting games out, but has now hit a snag.

Based on all this bullshit and drama...the pre-order model is DEAD. No one is going to throw money at these games if there's a long wait. If any of these new players want to stick around and make more games, they CAN NOT do it the way they did with the first game....as the community is now battle-scarred. We're no longer naive. We're not willing to "help" anymore.

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Based on all this bullshit and drama...the pre-order model is DEAD. No one is going to throw money at these games if there's a long wait. If any of these new players want to stick around and make more games, they CAN NOT do it the way they did with the first game....as the community is now battle-scarred. We're no longer naive. We're not willing to "help" anymore.

Until people wait until a game is put in the public as playable.. this 'pre order' model will still be around. When Stern reveals a game.. many will flock to put in deposits. When Spooky shows game 3.. many will throw money at it as well. The same wait dramas, game isn't what I wanted drama, code sucks drama, will all still be around until people wise up and stop running over each other to be first in line.

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Who are you referring to....do tell..lol

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Until people wait until a game is put in the public as playable.. this 'pre order' model will still be around. When Stern reveals a game.. many will flock to put in deposits. When Spooky shows game 3.. many will throw money at it as well. The same wait dramas, game isn't what I wanted drama, code sucks drama, will all still be around until people wise up and stop running over each other to be first in line.

Stern and Spooky don't count. They have manufacturing down. When I talk about pre-order, I'm not talking about Stern reveals. Yes, that's technically a "pre-order" ...but I'm talking about these other guys who don't have manufacturing down to a science. I'm talking about revealing a TITLE and nothing else, and start taking money like Jpop & Heighway. I had ultimate faith in Dutch due to the 3 playable prototypes...but eventually manufacturing got in the way. Anyone who's trying to start-up (like American Pinball) or anyone who's first game was problematic (Chicago Gaming, Dutch, Heighway) ...they're not gonna get community pre-order money. It's over.

#486 7 years ago

As excited as I am for this game, I am strongly considering getting my deposit back. I can't imagine waiting 3 years! I've only been waiting 3 months but along with all the technical problems and tales of poor communication I am not optimistic. I may have to stick with Stern and JJP for NIB games.

I only recently started collecting so this is new territory for me. Be honest with me, if you guys could get your money back and be done with it, would you?

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Be honest with me, if you guys could get your money back and be done with it, would you?

I sure as hell would.

#488 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

As excited as I am for this game, I am strongly considering getting my deposit back. I can't imagine waiting 3 years! I've only been waiting 3 months but along with all the technical problems and tales of poor communication I am not optimistic. I may have to stick with Stern and JJP for NIB games.
I only recently started collecting so this is new territory for me. Be honest with me, if you guys could get your money back and be done with it, would you?

No frickin way...I would even consider taking your spot so I can have two.

#489 7 years ago

As I implied in the other thread, there seems to be some sort of money problem here. Otherwise, you throw money at problems like this to resolve them. Quickly.

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I personally wouldn't on this one. On all of the pinball manufacturer's mentioned, all of the ones where the deposits were not returned never even sold one game. That and the fact that DP is backed by another company that has major bucks. Communication however is extremely disappointing.

Quoted from MrBally:

As I implied in the other thread, there seems to be some sort of money problem here. Otherwise, you throw money at problems like this to resolve them. Quickly.

Hey bro, better back up your comments with facts because the way I see it you are 100% wrong. No one gives a shit about speculation with zero facts. I can read that all day long on Pinside. It's funny you reference one of your other posts in another thread which is also...probably not based on any facts.

#491 7 years ago

I ordered through Tommy at Nitro (whom also seems great). He told me May so perhaps I'll wait until June and cancel if no game on its way by then. I can't keep buying vodka, Kahlua and half and half at the rate I am to keep me excited for TBL. A part of me wants to stay in it for us all in case money is the issue.

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

It's been a ton of ups and downs with this project. But, f*ck it dude, I wouldn't back out if you got a spot.

I'm staying in. Not that I probably have much of a choice at this point!

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I personally wouldn't on this one. On all of the pinball manufacturer's mentioned, all of the ones where the deposits were not returned never even sold one game. That and the fact that DP is backed by another company that has major bucks. Communication however is extremely disappointing.

Hey bro, better back up your comments with facts because the way I see it you are 100% wrong. No one gives a shit about speculation with zero facts. I can read that all day long on Pinside. It's funny you reference one of your other posts in another thread which is also...probably not based on any facts.

The fact is they now have problems with a circuit board they previously released without problems and they have not resolved it for a few months. Also, they are not communicating very well. Any decent company/llc/llp/GmbH would resolve it by spending resources to resolve it quickly. I'd say I'm less than 100% wrong.

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern and Spooky don't count. They have manufacturing down. When I talk about pre-order, I'm not talking about Stern reveals. Yes, that's technically a "pre-order" ...but I'm talking about these other guys who don't have manufacturing down to a science. I'm talking about revealing a TITLE and nothing else, and start taking money like Jpop & Heighway. I had ultimate faith in Dutch due to the 3 playable prototypes...but eventually manufacturing got in the way. Anyone who's trying to start-up (like American Pinball) or anyone who's first game was problematic (Chicago Gaming, Dutch, Heighway) ...they're not gonna get community pre-order money. It's over.

The promise of 'refundable deposits' and there will still be people that will rush to be first... guaranteed.

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Should be dead and is dead are not the same thing.

Stern are expanding their use of deposits and pre-orders, and even with BM'66 now being delivered you're still 'pre-ordering' on the promise of future code updates that may or may not make it into a real game.

JJP are clearly getting better, with smaller deposits and likely much shorter waits for DI. But Jack's previous commitment to no preorders and deposits for game #3 didn't come to fruition.

Spooky have delivered with minimum fuss, but I'd be amazed if #3 didn't involve pre-orders and deposits.

Heighway and ALIEN go from farce to farce, with amongst other things, many people being stalled out for months on refunds, and it being 4 and a half months since 'production' began and 50% requests were made. This whilst people are still cheerily announcing they've plumped down money or recommending that others do the same, some in full.

Until the pinball community stops this stupidity, it won't be dead.

#496 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

No, because a Big Lebowski game was my ultimate dream theme and they made it come true. I know mine is sitting there built and done and awaiting this mystery new PCB. Dropping out now wouldn't make any sense. That being said - I'll never do this again. I'm done with NIB games period as every single one of these companies is fucked up in one way or another.

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I sure as hell would.

The voice of reason.

Does any one here remember the "Ballad Of Wayne."?

Wayne bought most of the B/W stock when they closed their pinball division.He was going to remake Cactus canyon and MM.He had everything,every part,cabinets,rights,everything!!!! Still couldnt get it assembled.People preordered and waited years........Never happened.
Sound familiar.It should.

From what Im seeing,no factory,no games.JJP has a factory.So does Data East,excuse me,Stern.Kudos to Spooky,but honestly there games feel garage made.Hobbyist for hobbyist indeed for that product.

Morale of story:You need a pinball factory/assembly line if you are going to crank out COMMERCIAL QUALITY pinball machines.

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Morale of story:You need a pinball factory/assembly line if you are going to crank out COMMERCIAL QUALITY pinball machines.

I have the game, and from a quality standpoint I have to disagree. The quality of build on TBL is incredible. Sure there are some bugs but we are not even at full code yet.

Now, regarding "crank out" you may be right. Stern is the only company (that I would say) is cranking out games. Cranking out means volume. I don't see anyone doing that. Even though JJP does have a factory and line, I don't think I would put them in the cranking out business yet.

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Any decent company/llc/llp/GmbH would resolve it by spending resources to resolve it quickly.

A $100 circuit board, if that expensive, holding up a multi-thousand dollar machine. I completely agree with MrBally.

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I have the game, and from a quality standpoint I have to disagree.

Congrats on actually getting A game.Yes,played the game in NYC when it was previewed,great build quality,but if it exsists only in 300 game rooms it has no impact on pinball.Ops I know were ready to route,but.....we all know the story.

So after the big reveal and excitement.Its been downgraded.Disappointing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 22.50
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 543 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-now-shipping/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.