Topic Stats

• 543 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 60 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6409 (resized).PNG
IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
PM04 The Big Lebowski articles (resized).jpg
IMG_20161111_184929 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161111_191424 (resized).jpg
Power cables disconnected (resized).JPG
IMG_20161109_204217 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161109_164523 (resized).jpg
lebowski (resized).png
IMG_4755 (resized).JPG
IMG_4757 (resized).JPG
tumblr_oay0s7jjZP1roqv59o1_500 (resized).png
image.jpeg
DSC_0043.jpg
DSC_0042.jpg
DSC_0041.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #341 Update on The Big Lewbowski from a factory visit Posted by rubberducks (2 years ago)

Post #365 Summary of Update Instructions for TBL Posted by ectobar (2 years ago)

Post #513 Interesting information Posted by rubberducks (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 543 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 2 years ago

New Shit Newsletter just landed - The Big Lebowski is now shipping!

4/15/2016 - The Big Lebowski™ Pinball - Now shipping - Mark it Dude!

Dear,

The first The Big Lebowski™ Pinball games are boxed and will be picked up on Tuesday to the first achievers who pre-ordered The Big Lebowski™ Pinball !!

lebowski_1_(resized).jpg

lebowski_2_(resized).jpg

lebowski_3_(resized).jpg

We can’t tell you how happy we are! It has been a roller coaster adventure building this pin and now we finally can share the fun of this game with you. The production line has moved be more efficient and we will now slowly ramp up to build more games. We will keep you posted when your game is ready and we will ask you how you want to ship your game.

As you probably remember, our plan was (and still is) to ship the games in batches by sea to the USA. However, we received requests from some achievers who prefer to receive their game earlier and asked us to send it by air. Since the start of this project, we listen to you. You gave us input for the game, gave us ideas for call outs and now you give us the idea to be flexible with shipments. And Dutch Pinball abides. That’s why we offer you the alternative of direct shipment by air so you will receive your game asap. The costs of this shipment will be higher of course but we just want to offer you the option.

1. You choose regular shipment by sea: your game will be sent in a batch to the USA and you only pay the costs in the USA (approximately $ 300.00).
2. You choose direct shipment by air: your game will be sent directly from the factory to your house (approximately $ 1,450.00).

For Achievers in Australia and Asia, we will find out what the costs are for these two choices and inform you later. For Achievers in Europe, it is easy. They will all be shipped directly from the factory to your house by truck. We will inform you individually about the costs (this differs per country and city).

The mission of Dutch Pinball is to bring fun to the world and we believe we succeeded in designing and building the best pinball machine ever with high-quality animations, music, light and SFX, immersive game-play and love for details. We hope you will love it as much as we do.
We'll send out more updates as soon as we have more 'new shit' to show you guys!

Until then, stay tuned.

Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

your game will be sent directly from the factory to your house (approximately $ 1,450.00).

where the hell are they shipping these from?

Heighway manages to air ship to US for under $500

#3 2 years ago

Wonder what company they will use for Air shipping?

#4 2 years ago

1450 to the doors is right, I ship for a living and this would be the rate a new business can get. Heighway may have a friend on whose high volume account they are allowed to ride or take a loss to get it done. Basically sell you the pin at the rate they sell to their distributor to, apply the difference to bring down your visible shipping costs.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The United Kingdom

#7 2 years ago

Oh I hope one of these comes to my area. I see lots going into the coinbox from me if one does, and of course if its on route.

#8 2 years ago

Oh yes!

#9 2 years ago

I can't wait to lay on my carpet(and soon after have my pinball on it)!! AWESOME NEWS!

#10 2 years ago

Our troubles are over Dude.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It costs about $500 to ship ground within the US coast-to-coast (STI). Not sure anyone can actually ship air international on these for under $500.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

It costs about $500 to ship ground within the US coast-to-coast (STI). Not sure anyone can actually ship air international on these for under $500.

Not sure but many of the importers do it no problem also.

Last time I checked on getting a game air shipped from Spain it was $540 for air to JFK and then ground frieght gotm there.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Well it sounds like someone just did recently

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Sure you can. You just need to know someone in the shipping business or deal with someone that does high volume.

A couple years ago I bought four games from someone in The Netherlands. Two different shipments of two games each time and each game was $400 to my door. I can't ship a game via NAVL for that cheap here in the states.

#15 2 years ago

Congrats to the DP guys for accomplishing something great! You've been through hell and back, and no doubt some friendships have been tested throughout this venture. However, getting a game out the door to eager customers makes all of the blood, sweat and tears worth it.

This is an accomplishment that nobody can take away from you. Please take a minute to enjoy it. You've done something remarkable here.

#17 2 years ago

Heighway does free shipping if by ground and charged $300-$400 for air if I recall correctly.. So, we have no idea what the real costs are anyway as they are hiding some of shipping costs. And can't get mad at DP charging full cost vs what someone else chooses to do.

Happy there is an option at least, need to decide which one I want.

#18 2 years ago

WOAH! Couldn't believe that I actually saw this as a real, non-joking thread title. On my birthday too!

#19 2 years ago

Great! I think most people knew it would (or should ) be the news one of these days, but it's good to see that the first games are indeed being shipped!

#20 2 years ago

3 down. 56 to go!

#22 2 years ago

Who cares about the air ship, Christ. Be happy it's coming!

Congrats DP

#23 2 years ago

Great news !

If someone will not use his pre-order ... I take over

... or just wait for the second batch ...

#24 2 years ago

So, where are the first three games going? I'm now waiting for number 8 to be delivered to London!

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

So, where are the first three games going? I'm now waiting for number 8 to be delivered to London!

Serial #s 1-3 are accounted for here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-urban-achievers-list

1 Pinman2020
2 PDXMonkey
3. HENSBROOKER

#26 2 years ago

am I the only one who thinks this is kind of a burn for the USA achievers who don't want to spend another $1450 ?

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

am I the only one who thinks this is kind of a burn for the USA achievers who don't want to spend another $1450 ?

Not at all. We were told from the start things would be shipped in containers of 40. It's nice that they offer an option if someone doesn't want to wait.

Congrats DP

#28 2 years ago

How so? My understanding has always been that my game would be coming via container along with 30 or more other games and then being trucked at additional cost from US distributor.

#29 2 years ago

Games are shipping finally and all people want to talk about is the cost of the shipping.

Wow.

And congrats to the dudes enduring this

#30 2 years ago

holly bowling pins, nearly 10 grand for a pinball machine.

#31 2 years ago

I'm sure most people will have it shipped by container, the ones that do it by air can afford it. I bought some pins on a shipping container a few months ago, it's kinda fun watching the daily updates on GPS tracking watching where the boat stops on it's way to the US.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

1450 to the doors is right, I ship for a living and this would be the rate a new business can get. Heighway may have a friend on whose high volume account they are allowed to ride or take a loss to get it done. Basically sell you the pin at the rate they sell to their distributor to, apply the difference to bring down your visible shipping costs.

Heighway are taking a hit in order to get more direct business (no cut to Cointaker). There's no way they can do it (as an example), for $300 door to door to Northern Michigan.

However there is absolutely every way that DP could do better than $1450 ... significantly. Individuals can do much better than that on a non-account up front basis, let alone a company opening an account to send dozens of them. If they were providing the service at cost, there's no reason at all not to halve it. I suspect they simply haven't looked into it properly and would prefer that people accepted it being shipped by the container load.

On another note, their pallets look WAY better than Stern or JJP's (both are fairly crap).

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

How so? My understanding has always been that my game would be coming via container along with 30 or more other games and then being trucked at additional cost from US distributor.

You now have to wait longer for 30 games to fill the container. Depending on how many achievers opt for expedited shipping, your additional wait time could be extensive.

#34 2 years ago

Common guys, they are shipping. Let's party and not complain about shipping costs/conditions which were known upfront.

If you think you can ship cheaper just ask DP to put it on a pallet and let your shipper pick it up. Quite confident they would assist this.

Next posts will be unboxing. One will stay in NL Hensbrooker so hopefully he will share his experience with us soon

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I suspect they simply haven't looked into it properly and would prefer that people accepted it being shipped by the container load.

And that's fair...think about how frustrated people would get if tons of people do the air ship option; it would take forever to get a container filled if 50% or more of your customers are going air ship. It actually seems like what is happening on full throttle.

At this price they should be able to still fill a container reasonably shortly as only a small portion of productuon is siphoned off to air mail.

I just have to decide which way I want to go.

#36 2 years ago

Congrats Dutch Pinball, can't wait for some reviews of the game! How many pinball manufacturers are shipping games now? I count 5.

#37 2 years ago

this is fantastic. Hope they keep making them.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

And that's fair...think about how frustrated people would get if tons of people do the air ship option; it would take forever to get a container filled if 50% or more of your customers are going air ship. It actually seems like what is happening on full throttle.
At this price they should be able to still fill a container reasonably shortly as only a small portion of productuon is siphoned off to air mail.
I just have to decide which way I want to go.

Organise it yourself if you want it air freighted. $1450 is bananas.

#39 2 years ago

Thanks for the good news, DP!!!
I'll have to wait patiently for #157. Will be hard, but I can do it!

Kahlua decals?

#40 2 years ago

I suggest that those of you who are really interested in the shipping discussion - start a boring ass shipping discussion thread somewhere else.

Everyone else - relax, your game is coming dude.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I suggest that those of you who are really interested in the shipping discussion - start a boring ass shipping discussion thread somewhere else.
Everyone else - relax, your game is coming dude.

200KR63G047_(resized).png

#42 2 years ago

You now have to wait longer for 30 games to fill the container. Depending on how many achievers opt for expedited shipping, your additional wait time could be extensive.

Yes - this is true. At #59, my game is probably going to be in a second container load and thus waiting for games to be produced after it before it ships. However, if you realistically look at the big picture, given the last known state of the software and DP's history with BOP 2.0, I'm betting that substantial software development will still lag well behind the delivery of my game by sea.

#43 2 years ago

There is gonna be a run on vintage Folger's coffee cans on eBay.

#44 2 years ago

Niiiiiccceee!!!!!!!

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

There is gonna be a run on vintage Folger's coffee cans on eBay.

ebay.com link » Vintage Coffee Cans Folgers And Brim

with bonus "Brim" can

...fill it to the rim...

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

ebay.com link » Vintage Coffee Cans Folgers And Brim
with bonus "Brim" can
...fill it to the rim...

That one is close, but not the right one. Has to be Aroma Roasted.

#47 2 years ago

But at least we are staying on topic!

#48 2 years ago

Third from right is pretty good match. I got mine, man prob over a year ago!

ebay.com link

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Heighway are taking a hit in order to get more direct business (no cut to Cointaker). There's no way they can do it (as an example), for $300 door to door to Northern Michigan.
However there is absolutely every way that DP could do better than $1450 ... significantly. Individuals can do much better than that on a non-account up front basis, let alone a company opening an account to send dozens of them. If they were providing the service at cost, there's no reason at all not to halve it. I suspect they simply haven't looked into it properly and would prefer that people accepted it being shipped by the container load.
On another note, their pallets look WAY better than Stern or JJP's (both are fairly crap).

Pickup at factory, clearance, airfreight to airport would come to around 700 bucks, maybe 800. Then 200plus for customs broker. Then freight forwarding to doors another 400 minimum as you always get f'd over when booking from abroad, since the box is heavy and since lift gate is needed at destination. I have watched this unfold for over 10 years now. Applies to new business. Established businesses with a track record of shipping 100s of boxes per month can of course negotiate. Dutch can not at this point. If you can do cheaper then be so kind, help your fellow pinball heads here out, contact Dutch and offer your fantastic services. But you cannot as you are simply making things up.

#50 2 years ago

Great new! Dutch pinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
19,900 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Morgan Hill, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 543 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside