Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Tkaye
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

Cointaker will begin taking $1000.00 deposits on TBL again.
You can get your deposit in on our website www.cointaker.com

We will contact you for the balance details of your game once we have a game for you.

We have decided to take deposits after a few customers have been scammed by people saying they had games for sale when we never shipped a game to
the person selling the game. Note, there are customers who are legit and if you are considering buying a game that is advertised, please call me to make sure that it
is a legit seller. I'll be happy to assist.

Also, please note if you are buying a game that is being flipped, the warranty is only good for the original purchaser. NO warranty will be offered otherwise.
It comes with a 6mo. warranty.

#2 4 months ago

Good deal. Hope this means more are coming.

#3 4 months ago

Deposited today. Sure hope this isn’t another pipe dream! Thanks to Melissa at Cointaker for a speedy response to my email as well.

#4 4 months ago

Its great to have someone like Melissa supporting pinball. Without her, this game would likely never have seen the light of day again. Also, great of her to step in and try to prevent dishonest sellers from taking advantage of people trying to buy games out there

#5 4 months ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Cointaker will begin taking $1000.00 deposits on TBL again.
You can get your deposit in on our website www.cointaker.com
We will contact you for the balance details of your game once we have a game for you.
We have decided to take deposits after a few customers have been scammed by people saying they had games for sale when we never shipped a game to
the person selling the game. Note, there are customers who are legit and if you are considering buying a game that is advertised, please call me to make sure that it
is a legit seller. I'll be happy to assist.
Also, please note if you are buying a game that is being flipped, the warranty is only good for the original purchaser. NO warranty will be offered otherwise.
It comes with a 6mo. warranty.

Is this just building out the remainder of the original stock, or are more being made than what was planned from the original aborted run?

#6 4 months ago

They are building out more and have been shipping 10-12 games per month.

#7 4 months ago

Will these new runs have standard stainless trim or chrome like the EA's did ?

#8 4 months ago

All is good...

Jeff

#9 4 months ago

I'm a fan of Cointaker, have heard nothing but great things about them.
But I'm not understanding why the EA's are not being taken care of first. I realize this is on DP, not Cointaker, and really, you've got to be a moron to send a start up pinball company 8k, but DAMN.
DP SUCKS.

#10 4 months ago

As an EA myself, the only way we have a chance at ever being made whole is if DP keeps producing games and stays solvent. While I really would like the game I have been waiting for for over 5 years, I am smart enough to realize that after everything that has transpired, this is our best bet. Not ideal by any stretch, but our best chance moving forward. Barry seems to be doing exactly as planned so far. If he fails to start delivering EA games then I’ll be concerned. I’m just happy Cointaker is helping make this work. Without a reputable stateside distributor, DP would most likely be struggling to move any games.

Just my 2 cents as an EA whose game sat for years hostage at ARA and still waiting.

#11 4 months ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

As an EA myself, the only way we have a chance at ever being made whole is if DP keeps producing games and stays solvent. While I really would like the game I have been waiting for for over 5 years, I am smart enough to realize that after everything that has transpired, this is our best bet. Not ideal by any stretch, but our best chance moving forward. Barry seems to be doing exactly as planned so far. If he fails to start delivering EA games then I’ll be concerned. I’m just happy Cointaker is helping make this work. Without a reputable stateside distributor, DP would most likely be struggling to move any games.
Just my 2 cents as an EA whose game sat for years hostage at ARA and still waiting.

So what's the EA plan? Sell 5, send an EA one they paid for years ago, repeat? How many EAs are left to make whole?

#12 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

So what's the EA plan? Sell 5, send an EA one they paid for years ago, repeat? How many EAs are left to make whole?

Whatever the number ends up being, it’s far better than the jpop or heighway situation so far. At least we have hope, and things are moving forward in a good way. If DP failed, we would all be out. Just remember, no matter what the court says, you can’t collect blood from a stone.
Personally, I am hoping Barry pulls this off. It will be a great story along the lines of the BBB remake fiasco. So far, he has lived up to his word post ARA settlement. He is getting games built, and from what we have seen quality is improving. All good things considering. Not to mention a big thanks to Melissa and CT for being the intermediary for US sales to add a layer of protection for US buyers. Without them, this would have most likely never worked. After over 5 years of this, I have chosen to remain positive that this situation will pan out in the end. After all, it’s the plot of the damn movie.

The dude abides

#13 4 months ago

Whatever the number ends up being, it’s far better than the jpop or heighway situation so far. At least we have hope, and things are moving forward in a good way. If DP failed, we would all be out. Just remember, no matter what the court says, you can’t collect blood from a stone.
Personally, I am hoping Barry pulls this off. It will be a great story along the lines of the BBB remake fiasco. So far, he has lived up to his word post ARA settlement. He is getting games built, and from what we have seen quality is improving. All good things considering. Not to mention a big thanks to Melissa and CT for being the intermediary for US sales to add a layer of protection for US buyers. Without them, this would have most likely never worked. After over 5 years of this, I have chosen to remain positive that this situation will pan out in the end. After all, it’s the plot of the damn movie.
The dude abides

I agree with all of the above, I was just wondering if there's a formula for every x number of sold machines 1 EA gets their paid-for pin. Does anyone know?

#14 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I agree with all of the above, I was just wondering if there's a formula for every x number of sold machines 1 EA gets their paid-for pin. Does anyone know?

Its been asked numerous times and nobody knows...Barry, care to chime in....?

#15 4 months ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Its been asked numerous times and nobody knows...Barry, care to chime in....?

I've been in and out of the saga casually as an observer with no skin in the game. I didn't know it's been asked and not answered numerous times.

Do we know how many EAs have received games since the line started back up with for-sale Big Lebowskis?

2 weeks later
#16 3 months ago

From what I've read, sounds like after 500 have been delivered, the EA's will get theirs?

#17 3 months ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

From what I've read, sounds like after 500 have been delivered, the EA's will get theirs?

Seems like interleaving them would be more fair.

#18 3 months ago

Don't disagree. It's certainly unfair for all of those EA's that got humped and are still waiting.

#19 3 months ago

Anyone that's getting their new games from Cointaker, post some unboxing pics! 10-12 delivered per month there should be some now...

#20 3 months ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Anyone that's getting their new games from Cointaker, post some unboxing pics! 10-12 delivered per month there should be some now...

It’s def not 10-12. Not even close.

#21 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Seems like interleaving them would be more fair.

That's my understanding what the intent is, but I've heard nothing officially from Dutch Pinball. I'm supposedly 4th +/- in line among the 120 - 140 or so (I've lost track) EA's who have never received our paid for TBL games.

#22 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

seems to be in the 8ish range. but will get better as they figure things out.

#23 3 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That's my understanding what the intent is, but I've heard nothing officially from Dutch Pinball. I'm supposedly 4th +/- in line among the 120 - 140 or so (I've lost track) EA's who have never received our paid for TBL games.

what was the last number delivered? im 76.

#24 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I talked to Melissa a couple weeks ago and she said approx 10 per month are being made.

#25 3 months ago

seems to be in the 8ish range. but will get better as they figure things out.

So at that rate (or even 10), that's 96-120 per year. We're talking 2024-2025 before EAs get one? Seems like another risky road to disappointment since anything can happen in the next 4 years. If they even delivered 1 EA machine for every 10 sold, that would at least get the earliest EAs and some goodwill a little sooner.

#26 3 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I talked to Melissa a couple weeks ago and she said approx 10 per month are being made.

that would be nice..... Corona putting even more of a hurt on that.

From experience game is great so I hope it gets out there!

#27 3 months ago

what was the last number delivered? im 76.

I believe EA #52 is first in line now. But there were some European EAs in the 50's that received their games and at least #58 (rarehero) received a refund and is out.

I'm EA #59.

#28 3 months ago

I think this game is cool but every time I played one it had issues. At 12k I hope the software and code got straightened out

#29 3 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I believe EA #52 is first in line now. But there were some European EAs in the 50's that received their games and at least #58 (rarehero) received a refund and is out.
I'm EA #59.

Hope you get yours soon. Good luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
16,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Appleton, WI
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 43.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 50.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside