Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lebowski-1.jpg
tbl leg.JPG
lebowski-measure.jpg
image-469.gif
BLdisplay.jpg
!10523310_901074779907954_3352052534947493999_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sd_tom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

This looks like it is very well done. Thank god it is not a 26 inch lcd, nice middle ground and the graphics rock.

Yep. Think this is close to what I've seen people suggest for Stern to do vs what some people (myself included) thought was "too far" with WOZ. Though if they do it like BOP2.0 it will still be faux dots. I don't have a problem with this, but not sure if it needs it either ? Though, looking at the graphic.. maybe "Full Pixel" will be good enough, just a bit low res. Or they'll do something different still, we don't know.

http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/download/file.php?id=11&mode=view

#55 9 years ago

did you see my link on the bottom of the first page? For BOP they used an LCD, but they made it low res / look more like a DMD. Fake scan lines is even one of the modes on there. So, dunno.. it might be too CPU intensive or something to do full res rendered clips, so maybe this is the compromise.. bigger, but low res.. and you can pick the pixel rendering that you think looks most acceptable? sure they learning a lot on BOP 2.0 on what is/isn't doable.

#57 9 years ago

$8500 US.. no idea what that is in Canadian

http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/preorder

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

The dots are just an aesthetic choice on their part to make it look more like a DMD, it would be less CPU intensive to show the video fullscreen.

right drawing the different black borders, yes. Was saying that what that means though is that they also doing have full res dots stored either. They could have a very blocky dot stored (say 8x8 lcd pixels per DOT pixel) So, at least a storage savings as that will compress really well. Represented by the "full pixel" left most panel in their pixelation border examples.

At any rate, we have no idea. At least when BOP 2.0 starts shipping we'll have a better idea of what you can do with that system. And if they further refine it / make something 'full res' of an LCD for TBL that's cool too. Either way not a deal breaker.. I personally don't need WOZ level of resolution.. but definitely appreciate that it will be better than old DMDs regardless

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe switching Walter and Donny would make more sense...Donny's always a bit behind them, out of the conversation...having Walter bigger and more imposing to the left of Dude would prob look a bit cooler.

I hate to critique it at all.. but something about donny's hands, to me, feels off as well.. like too big with the bowling ball maybe also pretty big? but yeah, walter being up front would be better still. Not going to lose sleep over it. welcome to the TBL club

#76 9 years ago

how does the size of the monitor turn into not being able to fold down the head? Is this under the assumption you're using a standard head vs custom built or ? just curious.

Agree though that it could just be the CGI video, but .. would be a bit of a mis-step to get us salivating about it

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#80 9 years ago

parusing newegg for a second.. found a viewsonic 16:9 ratio LCD that was 20" diagonal. In the comments:

The viewable screen is about 17" wide and 9.5 inches tall. The whole monitor is almost 19 inches wide.

#83 9 years ago

From their FAQ:
http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/faq

Q: Will The Big Lebowski™ Pinball have a parental controls/adult mode?
A: Yes, and if you have kids, you’ll be glad it does!

#102 9 years ago

Heh.. I agree it would be appropriate but might get the machine "table flipped"

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Sorry, but I couldn't get past the opening logo animation without losing it...now I understand why the company's acronym is DP.

That sequence is a recreation from the movies "gutterballs" sequence.

#124 9 years ago

Kinda imagine it as inverted WoZ.. Translite being as big as WoZ LCD and then LCD zone being similar to the WoZ mini translite (positions reversed of course).

#126 9 years ago

Eh I dunno.. I think I'd pass on those legs. It's fine as a piece of art/gift but 4 of those against the really sharp looking cabinet .. No thanks. Plus I don't want us to fall down the MMR trim rabbit hole

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

15,000 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sd_tom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-cabinet-artwork-revealed-on-video?tu=sd_tom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.