Topic Stats

• 147 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheDude
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

lebowski-1.jpg
tbl leg.JPG
lebowski-measure.jpg
image-469.gif
BLdisplay.jpg
!10523310_901074779907954_3352052534947493999_n.jpg

There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago

I think this clip/sound effect of Maude laughing would be hysterical for a last ball outlane drain! It's just so annoying, funny and fitting at the same time. What do you think?

#102 4 years ago

Heh.. I agree it would be appropriate but might get the machine "table flipped"

#103 4 years ago

Sorry, but I couldn't get past the opening logo animation without losing it...now I understand why the company's acronym is DP.

#104 4 years ago

My husband wants to get in line... I think we're going to need the Fratelli's!!!

I wonder if they're going to make a topper. All our machines have toppers, even if we had to make one. If not, I have a box of bowling pins & and some bowling balls hanging out in the garage... I wouldn't put them on the back box (shivers of dread at the thought of shattered glass & ramps), but I might be able to make a mold.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

The cab looks dynamite but they missed the mark on the translite.
Am I wrong?

I think they nailed it, so yes, you're wrong.

There was all this hand wringing over the artist, and he did exactly what I would have hoped for. All the little details in the rug border are icing on the cake. This is going to look sweet in a dark room all lit up.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It's good to see Donny bowl too.
That was his life, and I think he's the only character to actually bowl in the movie.

Well there's a fantastic slow-mo sequence of The Jesus rolling a strike perfectly synchronized to The Gypsy Kings' Hotel California cover, so there's at least one other character that bowls!

#107 4 years ago

Nice!

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Sorry, but I couldn't get past the opening logo animation without losing it...now I understand why the company's acronym is DP.

That sequence is a recreation from the movies "gutterballs" sequence.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Donny was a good bowler, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors - and bowling, and as a surfer, he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and up to Pismo.

I'm paying tribute this weekend since I am missing Cal Extreme for a photoshoot in La Jolla

Quoted from tracelifter:

Donny is not done right and is in the wrong place, he should be where Walter is looking confused like he is in the movie.
He is as Walter would say out of his element.

Exactly! so it's perfect

Quoted from Aurich:

All the little details in the rug border are icing on the cake. This is going to look sweet in a dark room all lit up.

for us VIPs that are getting an actual rug - those details made me smile!

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think they nailed it, so yes, you're wrong.
There was all this hand wringing over the artist, and he did exactly what I would have hoped for. All the little details in the rug border are icing on the cake. This is going to look sweet in a dark room all lit up.

So I guess that means you are not going to make a decent alternate?

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Well there's a fantastic slow-mo sequence of The Jesus rolling a strike perfectly synchronized to The Gypsy Kings' Hotel California cover, so there's at least one other character that bowls!

Smokey rolled one time too...but he was OVER THE LINE!!!!

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

So I guess that means you are not going to make a decent alternate?

lol, nope! I could list off some minor quibbles I have with it, but that's true of anything, and I'm not going to because they're not important, it feels right to me.

At the end of the day that's what counts. These aren't pieces of fine art, they're games, and all I really want is for the vibe to feel good. When I see something that's photoshopped up PR stills or jacked from the DVD cover it's just jarring, it's a reminder that this is a licensed commercial product and it feels soulless.

When I see something where it's obvious that the passion of the designers is being captured into the project then I'm not worried about minor composition issues, it feels good to see it.

Like Metallica. I'm not really a fan of Donny's style, but man, the game just looks good. I could sit and complain about little things that bug me, I hate the way he draws mouths, but why? It's got a style, it's a full on hand drawn package, and it matches the tone of the game. I'm all in, I bought an LE.

A collection of characters in their iconic poses, not photos (I don't care how the digital painting was done, clever filters, all by hand, a mix of both, it works), with the great rug border full of little winks and easter eggs and tying it all together with the bowling theme in a sort of dreamlike anti-gravity layout? Sold.

#113 4 years ago

Couldn't be a better theme for me. So far everything they are releasing is knocking it out the park. Only problem is coming up with the dough. I think some titles are going to be leaving Merf's Arcade very soon.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Really great expo is to be expected this year....

Yep, the Dutch Pinball Open 1+2 november http://www.nfvpinball.nl/wedstrijden/dpo/ is going to have DP as a speaker for a seminar (as also Steve Ritchie). What will they show/tell? Come and see

And ofcourse in Chicago DP will also be present.

#115 4 years ago

Congratulations on a strong start. I'm not in, but I'll pull for anyone who advances pinball.

#116 4 years ago

Note to self, be careful (or in a safe place) when googling "DP"

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it looks freaking awesome, they killed it. The bowling theme is perfect, utterly what I would expect to see as the emphasis. I wish every licensed theme looked this good, and that every boutique pin maker would take the time and effort to get a real artist to work on their artwork. Credit where credit is due.
Obviously we're only seeing bits and pieces, but every reveal so far has been super polished, and if the same level of effort goes into the whole pin it's going to come out great.

Looks freaking fantastic!

I was immediately impressed and actually said "wow" out loud when I watched the video. I'm not preordering this, but man, that artwork is sweet!

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I highly doubt the scale is off in the video.
Anyone can duplicate my math, I guessed the translite was about 27" wide. Since they've released the full resolution version of it I can confirm it's 26.6", so more than close enough. Using that as a reference point it's pretty trivial to measure things. Assuming a 16x9 monitor, with the full width being represented in the "DMD window" area gives you a 20" display. I could be off slightly, but not by 5".
How they're dealing with the extra vertical space of the monitor remains to be seen.

Yeah, if that is a 20" monitor then either the backglass is shorter than normal or there is a ton of monitor sticking up behind the backglass. We are using a 15.6" monitor on the Buffy pin and even after opening up the speaker panel as much as possible we still only have about 13.5" viewing angle and the monitor takes up the space from the bottom of the head to the bottom of the backglass (in essence, anything larger would be sticking up into the backglass area).

To me their speaker panel actually looks taller than normal. Maybe this coupled with some more spaced out speakers would net them a few more inches of viewing area. However, I highly doubt its a 20" monitor though.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

However, I highly doubt its a 20" monitor though.

I mean, the numbers are there, it's hard to see it any other way. By all means, check my work.

lebowski-measure.jpg

#120 4 years ago

Looking at that picture the speaker panel is definitely taller than a standard Williams panel. Looking at the demensions of a raw 19" screen, I suppose it could fit with that taller panel. Would be tight though!

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I mean, the numbers are there, it's hard to see it any other way. By all means, check my work.

Stop bringing math into this equation, man.

Mark it zero dude.

#122 4 years ago

I get you are all trying to figure out what it is, I'm excited too but its a 3D rendering which doesn't really mean it is to scale.

Have fun guessing thou.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

I get you are all trying to figure out what it is, I'm excited too but its a 3D rendering which doesn't really mean it is to scale.

I would be very surprised if it's not the right scale!
We'll see what they'll use for the display

#124 4 years ago

Kinda imagine it as inverted WoZ.. Translite being as big as WoZ LCD and then LCD zone being similar to the WoZ mini translite (positions reversed of course).

#125 4 years ago

Just caught this on FB....looks like the guys over at Pinnovating presented this to DP for their creation of "an instant classic" Would sure like to see these on the production games...

tbl leg.JPG
#126 4 years ago

Eh I dunno.. I think I'd pass on those legs. It's fine as a piece of art/gift but 4 of those against the really sharp looking cabinet .. No thanks. Plus I don't want us to fall down the MMR trim rabbit hole

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Just caught this on FB....looks like the guys over at Pinnovating presented this to DP for their creation of "an instant classic" Would sure like to see these on the production games...

tbl leg.JPG 37 KB

Yikes!

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

tbl leg.JPG 37 KB

Yep, was a present. Made by the same special painter who did the matrix

Very nice gesture and great work

#129 4 years ago

Hairy armpits on the head artwork...lovely.

#130 4 years ago

I'm probably going to cave on this one. Each reveal gets better and better!

Told my buddy about it. He thinks it's awesome. Told him it comes with a rug. He told me he's going to pee on it.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

tbl leg.JPG 37 KB

Finally some one tweaked the ugly pinball table legs...it would have been even cooler if the legs were shaped like bowling pins. Still the attention to detail is very much appreciated.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Told my buddy about it. He thinks it's awesome. Told him it comes with a rug. He told me he's going to pee on it.

WHAT?!

I assumed my pre-order rug would come pissed on already in advance! It better be

#133 4 years ago

I hope on that LCD screen they show more clips of log jammin.

#134 4 years ago

This would also be funny during a drain or tilt
(R.I.P, PSH)

#135 4 years ago

Looks GREAT!!

#136 4 years ago

I think I'd like to see The Dude just slightly bigger on the translite. It IS his game after all.

Other than that, DP seems to be scratching all the right itches.

#137 4 years ago

If this was my favorite movie I'd be freaking out right now. Just an incredible job so far, looks fantastic.

I love Predator and this looks like another home run (for limited run suppliers)...

#139 4 years ago

That's a lot of prototype cabinets being made. Really exciting to watch this unfold. They seem to be doing everything right.

#140 4 years ago

HER LIFE IS IN YOUR HANDS DUDE.

#141 4 years ago

Wow! I'd say there's going to be one of these at expo for sure.

#142 4 years ago

I think dutch pinball will be doing the right thing indeed.. They are in full cycle to make this game stand out.

#143 4 years ago

Wow! Glad to see a "boutique" pinball set the bar high...looks really great!

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

Wow! Glad to see a "boutique" pinball set the bar high...looks really great!

I have a feeling DP will exit the "boutique" market as quickly as they entered it.

I have already been thinking about what I will sell in order to get in on their next title.

2 weeks later
#145 4 years ago

i thought you goobs might like this

walked past it last week. . .

lebowski-1.jpg

1 month later
#146 4 years ago

bump for the Dude….

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 21.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Seattle, WA
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
€ 3.70
$ 50.00
There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside