New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 96737)

The Big Lebowski cabinet artwork revealed on video

By DutchTommy

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 147 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheDude
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

lebowski-1.jpg
tbl leg.JPG
lebowski-measure.jpg
image-469.gif
BLdisplay.jpg
!10523310_901074779907954_3352052534947493999_n.jpg

There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Title says it all.. Discuss folks

I think its looking great

#2 6 years ago

That's a huge DMD. Wonder how it compares to the DE ones and if those folks now have a new source.

#3 6 years ago

Too much emphasis on bowling. Cab looks kinda plain, translite looks really nice. Not bad, not great IMHO.

DMD is LCD so no supply issues.

#4 6 years ago

going to have to watch the movie again tonight. Didn't really get it first time. Prefer Kingpin if I have to watch a bowling movie - funny!

#5 6 years ago

looks good

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Too much emphasis on bowling. Cab looks kinda plain, translite looks really nice. Not bad, not great IMHO.
DMD is LCD so no supply issues.

Well the movie theme is all about bowling so they kinda been restricted to it,. Plus the license guys probably demands the dutch pinball guys for doing the bowling theme.

And you are right about the screen it is an LCD screen.. The same artist (jeanpaul de win) is working on DP aswell for JJP.. So that ensures that this game will get great footage of the movie integrated in the game.

I hope this game plays great in the end, its only a matter of time and we will find out about that

#7 6 years ago

I think it looks freaking awesome, they killed it. The bowling theme is perfect, utterly what I would expect to see as the emphasis. I wish every licensed theme looked this good, and that every boutique pin maker would take the time and effort to get a real artist to work on their artwork. Credit where credit is due.

Obviously we're only seeing bits and pieces, but every reveal so far has been super polished, and if the same level of effort goes into the whole pin it's going to come out great.

#8 6 years ago

Wow, very well done, good for them, I love how the actors photos are dead on accurate.

#9 6 years ago

Awesome so far - these guys obviously love and understand the theme. What are the odds of getting any original callout dialog from the actors (maybe grab something from the outtakes or stuff that ended up on the cutting room floor)? Any movie with that much great dialog has got to have a bunch more that didn't make the final cut.

#10 6 years ago

Getting excited about this one. Dammit

#11 6 years ago

LOOKS GREAT!!! (still out of my price range )

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it looks freaking awesome, they killed it. The bowling theme is perfect, utterly what I would expect to see as the emphasis. I wish every licensed theme looked this good, and that every boutique pin maker would take the time and effort to get a real artist to work on their artwork. Credit where credit is due.
Obviously we're only seeing bits and pieces, but every reveal so far has been super polished, and if the same level of effort goes into the whole pin it's going to come out great.

Not a knock on the other so-called boutique pins out there, but what these guys are doing so far seems to be on par with, if not even better than Stern and JJP. It all looks very professional.

#13 6 years ago

This actually looks really good.

Regarding bowling... not my favorite theme, but if you've seen the movie, you know you've got your choice of bowling or peeing on the rug... there's not much else.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Not a knock on the other so-called boutique pins out there, but what these guys are doing so far seems to be on par with, if not even better than Stern and JJP. It all looks very professional.

I am totally agreeing on that, well iam not entirely sure but wasnt jjp to be considered a boutique pinball manufacturer at first too?

Nevertheless i am pretty sure they wanna raise the bar at DP headquarters and become an major player. Time will tell right, id say so far so good..

#15 6 years ago

Awesome

#17 6 years ago

The Dude abides!

#18 6 years ago

I want this so bad but my bank account is telling me otherwise!!

#19 6 years ago

Damn I might have to get one of these !!! Shaping up to be a great game

#20 6 years ago

Can't stand the theme. But, wow. This is looking really cool. Love the artwork with the rug integration and the backglass looks nice. Are those hand drawn backglass images, or just some filter applied? Either way, this is looking really cool and the reveals so far have been nicely produced. Great work guys.

#21 6 years ago

That is the best pinball promo video I've ever seen. Solid, polished, good length...

#22 6 years ago

I want one.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

LOOKS GREAT!!! (still out of my price range )

Yup, same here.

#25 6 years ago

Art package was done really well I loved the backglass & LCD. Backglass was done perfectly IMO. Wish I could go to the cash machine for this one but I was priced out just can't spend that much money on a pin I've never played in person. However it's great knowing that there will be a Big Lebowski pin out there so I can die with a smile on my face, without feelin' like the good Lord gypped me.

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides: Took another look and found that I really liked the artwork.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed!

#27 6 years ago

Looks awesome. They are knocking this one out of the park.

#28 6 years ago

Nice use of the rug graphic.

#29 6 years ago

My favorite part are the backbox sides. That "Dude meets Creation of Adam" pic is as perfect as a well-rolled strike.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Pinball podcast has very hi-resolution copy of backglass posted:

Um, yeah, that's full size 300 dpi. Lots of fun detail in the rug to see, nice of them to post that.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

i would agree w/ aurich on this one. the cab is spot on. carpet boarder looks sweet!

#32 6 years ago

Looks really cool to me. Still no preordering for me anymore though.

#33 6 years ago

My excitement has gone through the roof on this one. Now I just need my bank account to do the same as well.

#34 6 years ago

Awesome !

#35 6 years ago

I like the art package...backglass is great looking...not sure why but I feel like Goodman should be where the girl is and she should be behind Donny- I think he is much more of a main character than her.

... and jesus made me laugh out loud.

#36 6 years ago

Guess we all now have great expectations on that game!

#37 6 years ago

I mean, well done, man!!!(;

#38 6 years ago

The artwork on the translight is outstanding.

Chris

#39 6 years ago

Anybody else pause the video on the down pan at 59 seconds to see the playfield?

!10523310_901074779907954_3352052534947493999_n.jpg

#40 6 years ago

DP seems to really have their shit in order. Very impressed. Every time they throw me a crumb, I'm even hungrier for more.

#41 6 years ago

Nice good size screen.

#42 6 years ago

No shooter rod. Just noticed that. Not sure if anyone else has brought that up.

If this pin was being built in a limited number, I'd have to jump in right now. Just like others have said, with each little tid bit more of reveal, I get even more excited.

At this point, I just hope I'll be able to afford one when they are finally being produced.

Chris

#43 6 years ago

This is really great. Love the video, love the cabinet. love the backglass.

Really like how they are referencing the film in their videos, they have all been so professional, nothing about this looks boutique at all. In fact, in my opinion, what they have shown far is also well ahead of the major manufacturers.

The cabinet is awesome. Love the striking, bold design and the muted, tasteful colours, well done. This is the kind of cabinet artwork I like, keep it simple and uncluttered so that it doesn't overpower the playfield and backglass but make it bold to attract the player from afar. And yet, if you look closely there is lots of subtle detail, inspired!

The backglass is very nice, like the use of the rug border, the characters are nicely positioned and the overall style is soft and refined. I actually like how Maude is given a prominent position to balance out the male characters a little.

They have integrated the LCD really nicely into the display's traditional position. It's an LCD! Awesome, really hope this game puts the LCD/DMD argument to rest by firmly planting pinball in a new age. Judging by what Dutch Pinball has shown so far, there is nothing to suggest that the LCD work won't also be handled with flair and intelligence.

#44 6 years ago

BTW, something someone else wrote reminded me, there are a couple of other things I like about this project:

I also really like how there seems to be only one version and it is not limited. That to me shows their confidence in their product. It says to me that they know their machine is going to be great and that people will want it, no need to rush anyone into buying by creating some kind of manufactured scarcity.

They have also handled their online presence really well. They simply put out super-polished updates and stay out of the forums, save for posting a little information now and again. Well-played!

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Anybody else pause the video on the down pan at 59 seconds to see the playfield?

Nice catch! Well, they at least got whitewood with foam core, and clearly the upper playfield IS the bowling alley. Expo is only 3 months away, wonder if they'd ship a playfield across the ocean?

#46 6 years ago

Great art package,
great video,
great work,
but do not give a flip about the theme though...
I hope enough out there give enough flips about the theme to make this game happen!

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Guess we all now have great expectations on that game!

Even me

#48 6 years ago

Love it! They've been spot on so far and have me so excited. I've been staring at the herd mulling over Sophie's choice to make this happen...

#49 6 years ago

This looks like it is very well done. Thank god it is not a 26 inch lcd, nice middle ground and the graphics rock.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

This looks like it is very well done. Thank god it is not a 26 inch lcd, nice middle ground and the graphics rock.

Yep. Think this is close to what I've seen people suggest for Stern to do vs what some people (myself included) thought was "too far" with WOZ. Though if they do it like BOP2.0 it will still be faux dots. I don't have a problem with this, but not sure if it needs it either ? Though, looking at the graphic.. maybe "Full Pixel" will be good enough, just a bit low res. Or they'll do something different still, we don't know.

http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/download/file.php?id=11&mode=view

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 22.50
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 159.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
RPGCor
There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside