julianne_moore_03.jpg
TBL-inserts.png
big lebowski waiting.gif
Lebowski Poster-767.jpg
Kamora.jpg
Kapali.jpg
the-big-lebowski-movie-poster-1998-1010692689.jpg
movie-poster1.jpg
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago

And about as useless as people complaining about how much it costs

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And about as useless as people complaining about how much it costs

Do you think the rugpissers did this?

With tax and shipping this game is almost 10K.
This aggression will not stand man, the Dude minds.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Of all the things to bitch about. A $ sign. Really?
If that's the biggest complaint with this pin then DP has a home run on its hands

Surprised that no one has complained that DP usually stands for something a little naughty.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Surprised that no one has complained that DP usually stands for something a little naughty.

What is so bad about Dutch Penetration? Seems like they penetrated the pinball market with ease!

#105 9 years ago

My issue with so many colors being used on the playfield is that they should either support the design or be changed. In particular I am bothered by the colors chosen for the character and bowling ball inserts, which appear to be randomly assigned and as such they are confusing rather than complimentary. From left to right the faces are - Donny, Dude, Maude, Jesus & Walter and the face insert colors are blue, orange, yellow, pink and green. Underneath are bowling ball inserts that are colored orange, white, orange, pink and mixed. Finally the primary color of each section of playfield are blue, orange, red & white, pink and yellow. So why am I going on about this? Well if the insert were color coded to match playfield then this is intuitive information that a player can use to understand the game. As is the color selection is muddled.

So what about a solution? Change both the face and bowling ball insert colors to blue, orange, red & white, pink and yellow to match the playfield and then they align to really tie the game together.

#106 9 years ago

Each character has a key background colour. Each character's shot has the matching coloured artwork and insert. Very clear to me.

The reason why the bowling balls associated with each character don't match these colours is because they match the actual character's balls used in the movie.

#107 9 years ago

Alternative translite without the $

buck lebowski-1.jpgbuck lebowski-1.jpg

#108 9 years ago

I don't give a buck!

#109 9 years ago

Game i$ perfect a$-i$!

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Each character has a key background colour. Each character's shot has the matching coloured artwork and insert. Very clear to me.
The reason why the bowling balls associated with each character don't match these colours is because they match the actual character's balls used in the movie.

Guess you didn't read my post. Colored artwork does not match character insert or ball insert. Walter artwork is yellow, character insert is green and his bowling ball is mixed. That doesn't match - now green, green and green would be considered a match. As for bowling ball color matching what character rolls in movie - fail. Dude and Maude don't bowl a single ball in movie so that wouldn't be true. Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules (colors)?

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Guess you didn't read my post. Colored artwork does not match character insert or ball insert. Walter artwork is yellow, character insert is green and his bowling ball is mixed. That doesn't match - now green, green and green would be considered a match. As for bowling ball color matching what character rolls in movie - fail. Dude and Maude don't bowl a single ball in movie so that wouldn't be true. Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules (colors)?

Donny in the movie is either amused or confused never serious like the pic on the translite and he is a supporting character not a main so his placement is also wrong.
The nihilists will buy it anyway, they care about nothing.

#112 9 years ago

Colored artwork does not match character insert or ball insert. Walter artwork is yellow, character insert is green and his bowling ball is mixed.

Where are you seeing the yellow Walter artwork? The spell Walter inserts are green on a green background.

I also think its great that their bowling ball colours match the ones they actually used in the movie.

Walter face insert.jpgWalter face insert.jpg Walter inserts.jpgWalter inserts.jpg Walter with ball.jpgWalter with ball.jpg
#113 9 years ago

Guess you didn't read my post.

Your post doesn't make sense that's why.

Here's Maude's ball:

5539399_std.jpg5539399_std.jpg

#114 9 years ago

Unless I'm missing something here are photos of the inserts matched with their key colours for each of the shots, and screenshots showing the balls (including Dude and Maude) for each character.

LebowskiColours.jpgLebowskiColours.jpg

Can't see anything that doesn't make sense or is overlooked.

#115 9 years ago

On a different subject from balls, characters and colours, can someone please enlighten me as to what the blue white and cream tiles are about that predominate the lower playfield artwork?? It is from the swimming pool?? I think a nice rug pattern would be a good backdrop here...

#116 9 years ago

It looks like the bowling alley flooring. The inlane artwork features the seating which is set on the floor.

The feature art between the flippers is the scoring table that The Dude is often sitting at — putting the player at his vantage point. I think it is very clever.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Your post doesn't make sense that's why.
Here's Maude's ball:

5539399_std.jpg 13 KB

Beat me to it.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

It looks like the bowling alley flooring.

Mmm, OK... I'll have to check that flooring out next time I watch the film

I noticed the bowling alley seats, neat feature I thought to match the curve in the in-lanes... like the ball is actually rolling around the seats...

Back to the $, it's also bugging me more that it probably should... I notice pinside have the game as 'The Big Lebowski' and not the correct (as we see now all over the game) 'Lebow$ki'... And how do you pronounce it... Lebowdollarki, or Lebowbucky? Maybe it's a way to get round the licencing... a kind of marketing strategy to avoid paying the fee but to be able to make it look like they have the licence... we may find that the game uses actors to repeat phrases from the film instead of actual clips from it...??

I want to get in at the pre-order phase, but things like this are giving me cold feet...

This is a massive investment (for me), and to find that it's not as expected (voice-overs mainly) after the game has hit the production line and therefore past the refund point, it's kind of scary... but I want that rug!! Damn good marketing by DP!!

Am I being paranoid?

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Mmm, OK... I'll have to check that flooring out next time I watch the film
I noticed the bowling alley seats, neat feature I thought to match the curve in the in-lanes... like the ball is actually rolling around the seats...
Back to the $, it's also bugging me more that it probably should... I notice pinside have the game as 'The Big Lebowski' and not the correct (as we see now all over the game) 'Lebow$ki'... And how do you pronounce it... Lebowdollarki, or Lebowbucky? Maybe it's a way to get round the licencing... a kind of marketing strategy to avoid paying the fee but to be able to make it look like they have the licence... we may find that the game uses actors to repeat phrases from the film instead of actual clips from it...??
I want to get in at the pre-order phase, but things like this are giving me cold feet...
This is a massive investment (for me), and to find that it's not as expected (voice-overs mainly) after the game has hit the production line and therefore past the refund point, it's kind of scary... but I want that rug!! Damn good marketing by DP!!
Am I being paranoid?

Not voice overs

#120 9 years ago

Yeah you're being paranoid

The dollar sign is purely a stylistic decision. DP definitely have the license and not only does the game feature audio from the film, it features video clips of the film on the DMD as well.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

The dollar sign is purely a stylistic decision. DP definitely have the license and not only does the game feature audio from the film, it features video clips of the film on the DMD as well.

...and 20 licensed songs from the movie.

#122 9 years ago

Am I being paranoid?

I think so. That $ sign was not made up by DP, it has appeared in some the movie's own marketing materials/DVD covers, etc. albeit not as much as you see without the $.

This might be one of the most licensed game ever - 20 songs from as many artists, the movie itself (including audio clips from the movie), and Brunswick. Can't think of other games that have that many separate licenses. ACDC, MET, and other band pins license the band and some of their songs, but I count those as sort of one license.

#123 9 years ago

I wonder if they had to get a license to use the word "Vagina?"

Don't think I have heard that call out on a Pin....

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I wonder if they had to get a license to use the word "Vagina?"
Don't think I have heard that call out on a Pin....

I wonder what the substitute for vagina will be for the family friendly mode?

#125 9 years ago

That's fucking interesting man, that's fucking interesting....

#126 9 years ago

I'll slurp your coke for $1000

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I wonder what the substitute for vagina will be for the family friendly mode?

Well that is the most literal & medical term for that body part. Nothing offensive about that at all. Heck, that's where families come from!

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Yeah you're being paranoid

That's cool... I thought I was... I just pre-ordered!

Spending ths anount of dough can spark off paranoia in the best of 'em! It's also costing me about $1k more than the games costs in the US BTW...

#129 9 years ago

Spending ths anount of dough can spark off paranoia in the best of 'em! It's also costing me about $1k more than the games costs in the US BTW...

congrats on your purchase!

#130 9 years ago

Was looking at calendars the other day and saw this. Pretty sure the $ wasn't their choice. Seems to be a licensing mandate. This is the 2015 calendar.

20141005_140624.jpg20141005_140624.jpg

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Was looking at calendars the other day and saw this. Pretty sure the $ wasn't their choice. Seems to be a licensing mandate. This is the 2015 calendar.

Incorrect.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowki-artwork-issue/page/2#post-1937061

#132 9 years ago

Somewhat.

Correct that the $ wasn't DP's choice. The whole logotype design is clearly straight from the IP holders and wasn't created by DP. This calendar is a slam dunk for that argument.

The suggestion that it was a licensing mandate was incorrect, if we are to believe that DP could have picked from any of the previous versions of TBL logo for this game.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Somewhat.
Correct that the $ wasn't DP's choice. The whole logotype design is clearly straight from the IP holders and wasn't created by DP. This calendar is a slam dunk for that argument.
The suggestion that it was a licensing mandate was incorrect, if we are to believe that DP could have picked from any of the previous versions of TBL logo for this game.

I guess I misstated some. Just wanted to show this as I had seen this thread and thought it might settle some of the debates I had seen. I have no ball in this game.

#134 9 years ago

I just want to say I dig the white rubbers. I hope it stays that way. It has been awhile since I've seen a new pin with white rubber.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well that is the most literal & medical term for that body part. Nothing offensive about that at all. Heck, that's where families come from!

Well, technically that would be the uterus, but I get your point.

I guess there is no substitute for vagina...

#136 9 years ago

Cool - I put you on the list in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-real-preorder-list

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Well, technically that would be the uterus, but I get your point.

And +1 for the Vagina....

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I also think its great that their bowling ball colours match the ones they actually used in the movie.

Their attention to detail is awesome!

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Cool - I put you on the list in this thread:

I didn't know about this thread... Thanks!

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

You got that one right! (oops, wrong Coen Brothers film...).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowki-artwork-issue/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.