(Topic ID: 73333)

The Big Bang Theory Pinball Machine - Why Not?

By PromoJoe23

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the critic.jpg
    belvedere.jpg
    3375111-penny_nipples_big_bang_theory.png
    $_57.JPG
    penny-black-dress-kaley-cuoco.jpg
    penny_big_bang_theory.jpg
    big-bang-theory-cast-cbs.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CarShark.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 10 years ago

That's not a backup account. That's just me disagreeing with you. I probably use the thumbs more than most, is all. No malice behind it. I like the show, alright, but I'm the first to admit that there are some wells they like to dip into quite often. Sheldon's an arrogant jerk. Leonard is insecure about his relationship with Penny. Penny's dumb. Howard yells at his mom. Howard's mom is really fat. Raj is effeminate and awful around women. Bernadette has a sweet voice, but can be really dark and threatening. Oh, and Amy needs laid, but Sheldon's oblivious to it. They just added that. So, yes, some combination of three or four of those jokes happen every episode. Also, most of the jokes are insults at a friend's expense, but I find it less mean-spirited than it probably sounds. Since it's a Chuck Lorre show, it's more about telling jokes than telling a story, which can lead to some...inconsistencies. For example, how intelligent Penny is on any given episode is totally dependent on whether she's making fun or being made fun of. They do make more than token efforts at explaining the genesis of some of their quirks, usually involving their parents or social awkwardness as children. Recently, Howard's had a couple of episodes based on his abandonment issues stemming from his father leaving him and his mother as a child and how that lack of a father figure makes it hard for him to gain acceptance from new wife Bernadette's father, who's a more traditional man's man. They're still pretty joke heavy, but I think they're some of the better episodes of the last couple seasons.

Oh, that's right! Pinball!

I think that TBBT would be a good choice for a machine. The left side would be Penny's apartment and the right side would be Leonard and Sheldon's. The loops would lead to the comic book store on one side and the physics lab on the other. The middle could have a shot which starts at the bottom of the apartment staircase and have a kicker shoot it up a ramp, like in Victory. The wizard mode would end with the player hitting the elevator to fix it for the first time in six and a half years. The player could hit targets to spell BAZINGA and start a mode based on one of the scenes where Sheldon's said it, like the ball pit or the commute with the robot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CarShark.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-bang-theory-pinball-machine-why-not?tu=CarShark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.