(Topic ID: 3561)

The Big Bang

By wesperron

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I have a PZ,TZ,WH2O and a CP currently in my gameroom. They are all great machines but PZ makes me come back and play over and over and over. I also had a RS and a NGG and sold them and kept PZ over them. Let me tell you why.

Party Zone has a feature called the Big Bang and it's seems so easy to get but it's not. It has a progressive jackpot that rises to 99 mil. A great game on PZ without getting the Big Bang would be around 50 or 60 mil. So getting the Big Bang is really the main goal but with PZ unlike other games it can be done on the first ball. If your having a bad game you can turn it around on your 3rd ball by just getting the big bang. I always feel like I was just one shot away from getting it and it slips away...so I push the start button again and try again for the BIG BANG. Thats my whole concentration from the moment I push the start button Get the Big Bang. Nothing else matters but the Big Bang.

Some people complain about the scoring being lopsided because of this feature. I find that this feature is what makes me love this game. When I play TZ it's a long process of lighting all the door panels to get to Lost in the Zone and it's the same way with most pins but with PZ you can have a huge game on your first ball if you hit the Big Bang. The fact that with just 1 ball you can score enough points to give you a huge game makes you play every ball like this could be the one.

The game give you the impression that it's an easy thing to do....but just try to do it. So I do try. Over and over and over again. Simple yet difficult.

What other games are like this? I'd love to try them.

#2 12 years ago

Never played one, but would love to. Some day my travels will bring me to one.

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

A great game on PZ without getting the Big Bang would be around 50 or 60 mil. So getting the Big Bang is really the main goal ...

Sort of like capturing the Snitch in Quidditch.

#4 12 years ago

Would love to play this. For me FT is similar in that it has a stupidly hard to get jackpot of 100 million that can be obtained or any ball. It has tons of other great features but that jackpot is tough, really tough. I got it just the one time........oh yeah, nearly forgot, had to take the glass off to do it

#5 12 years ago

I got to Super Jackpot on my Fishtales twice in one game It's not that hard once you get the lock shot dialed in. I can get to Super Jackpot practically every game now.
    My highscore is 1.7billion on factory settings with lightning flippers...

I used to own a DE Time Machine and it has a 1 million point shot on the loop ramp. It's such a great shot, and a good way to catch up to other players. Love that game, glad I sold it to a close friend so I can still play it!

#6 12 years ago

Maybe a little bit like Cyclone. Average game is $1-2M. Hitting the Jackpot can be a $4M shot. The Jackpot is also a progressive, so it can range from $500K to $4M.

#7 12 years ago

"INNCOMMMMING"

Have to agree, PZ is a great game, pure and simple.

I absolutely love the eat, drink and be merry shots and the animations that go with them.

Party Zone has some of the best flashy/light shows I've seen.

I miss it, maybe I'll get another in the future.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

I got to Super Jackpot on my Fishtales twice in one game It's not that hard once you get the lock shot dialed in. I can get to Super Jackpot practically every game now.
    My highscore is 1.7billion on factory settings with lightning flippers...

I used to own a DE Time Machine and it has a 1 million point shot on the loop ramp. It's such a great shot, and a good way to catch up to other players. Love that game, glad I sold it to a close friend so I can still play it!

That is one good score........think I need to practice big time

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-bang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.