Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Hotdoggin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I feel silly asking this but what is the best way to raise the back legs of my T2 and JP? I can't figure it out. Pic below. Thanks.

// Error: Image 110475 not found //

#2 10 years ago

loosen the little nut, then spin the foot itself.

See how the foot has a square base so you can turn it with a wrench?

#3 10 years ago

Whoops. Awkward iPhone double post. Please delete if possible mods.

#4 10 years ago

Yep, what Vid1900 said. I don't recommend it but I lift the pin a little with my back to take the pressure off the nut so it breaks free easier. Once it is loose it's easy.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from amiga500:

I don't recommend it but I lift the pin a little with my back to take the pressure off the nut so it breaks free easier.

I do this too.

#6 10 years ago

Since this thread is the clone.....

Buy her a few drinks, be charming as hell, and don't creep her out.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

I do this too.

Ditto. I as well

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Since this thread is the clone.....
    Buy her a few drinks, be charming as hell, and don't creep her out.

What are you buying drinks for that has BACK legs???

#9 10 years ago

Kinky Kelly and the sexy stud.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from amiga500:

Yep, what Vid1900 said. I don't recommend it but I lift the pin a little with my back to take the pressure off the nut so it breaks free easier. Once it is loose it's easy.

This is my method.

#11 10 years ago

lift it up, put a bar stool under it or a couple of milk crates. Save your back.

#12 10 years ago

Big tip here too:

BEFORE you put the legs on, make sure that the nut and threads are broken free.

A lot easier to break a corroded one free in a vice, than installed on a game.

Then run a 3/8-16 tap through to clean out the threads.

If the nut is rounded, replace it. If the feet are worn through, replace them too.

#13 10 years ago

See how the foot has a square base so you can turn it with a wrench?

That's not a square foot. That's the lowered nuts. His pic is too dark. See below. He needs new levelers, at a minimum. The top nut on the bottom leg may be stripped and the upper leg looks like it's been in a river for a month or two. If it were my game, I'd likely replace all 4 legs and all 4 levelers.

// Error: Image 110488 not found //

#14 10 years ago

Just buy the leg leveler nut kit at Pinball Life. You can easily adjust each leg with the full weight of the machine on the legs.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

That's not a square foot.

AH, now I can see.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

That's not a square foot. That's the lowered nuts. His pic is too dark. See below. He needs new levelers, at a minimum. The top nut on the bottom leg may be stripped and the upper leg looks like it's been in a river for a month or two. If it were my game, I'd likely replace all 4 legs and all 4 levelers.

At first I was like, wow, those legs are really rusty then I realized they were mine! I've tried a bit to loosen them by myself but couldn't budge them at all. I'm thinking simply buying new legs for both or the levelers. Think so?

#17 10 years ago

.My collection is two tight in my pinball room to be using bar stool. Not a bad Idea. Get paper towel. A can of 3 in 1 oil. Crawl under pinball on hands and knees to back of machine. Drip oil on leveler and use paper towel so you due not get oil on carpet. Get on all fours (hands and knees) arch your back up. In doing so pinball will raise. Twist levelers with finger to adjust up or down. Crawl out from under pinball and check the pitch and have a level on the playfield for side to side level. Repeat till it is all level. I have done it this way for 18 years. If I am at a bar or movie theater and they have pinball I crawl under machine and arch my back and adjust levelers . Because on route most pinball machines are not level. It is a pain but it works. Good luck.

// Error: Image 110489 not found //

#18 10 years ago

Yes.

Quoted from phishrace:

If it were my game, I'd likely replace all 4 legs and all 4 levelers.

Get 3" levelers, not 2". 2 inch levelers aren't tall enough to properly level a modern game. We can't see the rest of the game, but I promise you it will look better with new legs and levelers. It's an easy upgrade that's well worth the price. Get new bolts too if those look rough.

Often, after only putting on new legs and levelers, wives will suddenly decide that yes, you're absolutely right. That game would look good in the living room. d

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from PapaJohn:

Just buy the leg leveler nut kit at Pinball Life. You can easily adjust each leg with the full weight of the machine on the legs.

What is this leg leveler nut kit? I searched PBL but didn't come up with anything.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

What is this leg leveler nut kit? I searched PBL but didn't come up with anything.

Hell yes do tell.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from PapaJohn:

Need info. thanks

#23 10 years ago

I believe you need the adjustable leg mechanism with foot pedals

// Error: Image 110512 not found //

#24 10 years ago

Do not try this!

// Error: Image 110513 not found //

#25 10 years ago

That's easy,lower the front.

#26 10 years ago

Thanks guys for all the feedback. I found legs, levelers, and bolts all in one shot on eBay. Would these work out for both my JP and T2? Is there a better price somewhere else?

ebay.com link: Pages

// Error: Image 110696 not found //

#27 10 years ago

They will fit. Your JP should have black ones a couple inches shorter.

LTG : )

#28 10 years ago

I use a flat bar to take the weight off the bolt, then spin it out after loosening the nut.

// Error: Image 110705 not found //

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from ThatGuy:

Thanks guys for all the feedback. I found legs, levelers, and bolts all in one shot on eBay. Would these work out for both my JP and T2? Is there a better price somewhere else?
    Ebay link

Your ebay link is acting up so I can't see prices, but PBL carries those all day long.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=7&pg=1

#30 10 years ago

, 1st Replace those old Feet and get some New 1's .. I level my Pin's w/ a Torpedo Level and crawl under the Pin and use my back to raise the Pin and Level each side up ..

2 years later
    #31 8 years ago

Should the front legs be raised a

Quoted from cal50:That's easy,lower the front.

I've looked around a bit and can't find the answer to the following: should initially the front legs be raised a bit then the back or begin only raising the rear? I can't find any info on the ideal % that the front legs should be raised. Thanks

#32 8 years ago

Generally, IMO, the fronts should be all the way in and only be adjusted for leveling. The rears I set at 3/4 or higher for faster play, and adjust for level. I've even removed the nut off the fronts to increase pitch.

#33 8 years ago

I do the old back trick, and I've got MS. MS sucks!

#34 8 years ago

MS, that's rough Pinaholic . I get the health issues. At only 40 I was diagnosed with Smoldering Myeloma and my wife has active Leukemia also at the same age, definitely changes things (I could have many new pins if not for medical expenses and the loss of my wife's income). I don't know much about MS but hope for the best and awesome u can adjust your pin alone.

Cody_Chunn, thanks
    I've been noticing the setup of pins that play well and the front legs are Up a little. I know it sounds like such a basic question but our first machine that we've had for the past few years included legs that weren't adjustable (the bottom of the legs were in rough shape though the machine overall is above average).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-way-to-raise-the-back-legs-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.