Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by awarner
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

Whirlwind for sure. I'm surprised there's not more love for Dr Dude. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that every game should have a molecular mix master as well as a Gazillion shot.

#52 11 years ago

BOP is a WPC game. lol

#53 11 years ago

Dewey is bustin balls now

#54 11 years ago

If your looking for the best bang for your buck again Pin-Bot is hard to beat and has several votes here already. If they were both the same price I would buy a WW before Pin-Bot not because I like it better (it is about equal in my eyes between the two as far as game play - different but equally as much fun) but at the same price right now WW would be a better deal.

Bottom line - except for about 6 of the 28 System 11 pretty much any of the other 22 are all pretty good. I think a better question would be what are the worst System 11 machines - it would be a fairly short list.

Right now - at current prices - I think Pin-Bot is $500 to $1000 undervalued and will not only provide lots of fun but would also be a good investment. Most of the balance of the System 11 machines are also undervalued but not as far off the markas Pin-Bot.

#55 11 years ago

Pinbot. Honorable mention goes to Taxi.

#57 11 years ago

Ok, after some serious thought I change my opinion to Laser Cue.

#58 11 years ago

WW

there are many great sys 11 games If I had more room and money I would get all of them.

#59 11 years ago

Whirlwind and it beats most WPC's (including FH) too.

#60 11 years ago

I can think of reasons to like and not to like most System 11s. Unlike their predecessors, their depth was a specific goal of the rulesets. Therefore, to make it all the way "through the software" (the jackpot) was basically it. WPC made the System 11s seem shallow by comparison. And the games before System 11 weren't concerned with depth, but design and novelty. I therefore see System 11s as an obsolete era of pinball, for the most part. That said, Banzai Run has novelty out the wazoo. For that reason, it's my favorite, and the only one i really care to own again someday. SoF was really cool and different, but LIONMAN!! LIONMAN!! got really annoying after a week. ES and WW were cool disaster pins with great art and cool humor, but get boring too quickly in a collection of fewer than 10 (which was the last time I had one). Personally, I love the Classic Bally and Classic Stern era, and find more creative merit in those than in System 11s.

#61 11 years ago

The original High Speed is my favorite system 11, but I also like F-14, Swords of Fury, Banzai Run, and Cyclone.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

As in, only by a technical definition would one conclude Funhouse is not a system 11 game. For the player who is not opening the backbox, they see an alphanumeric display, system 11 siderails, a non-clearcoated playfield, and a game that plays much more like Whirlwind than TAF.

Funny that the one that I consider the most quintessentially System 11 (but isn't) is Party Zone, followed by BOP and then FH.

But I think there is some form of logic to it. I find that System 11 games have a particular feel to them. I attribute it to the fact that there's less crap between the flipper buttons and the flipper coils.

I think that one reason people often mistake the early WPC games as System 11 is because these games were pre-fliptronics and (if you discount the changes inside the backbox), the electronics is pretty much identical. So they had the same general look and nearly identical feel to the games before.

Out of all the pre-fliptronics WPC games, T2 seems to be the only one that doesn't look or feel like a System 11 to me.

My favorite S11 game? Whirlwind.

Tony

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Personally, I love the Classic Bally and Classic Stern era, and find more creative merit in those than in System 11s.

Excellent points Greg. I think the beauty of the System 11 is also it's biggest detractor. If I had infinite room, I'd love to have a dozen System 11s, but they are one trick ponies that don't stand up well in very small collections like mine...

That said, I think my favorite system 11 is probably F-14, but more so because it's trick is to fight you back, and that's what I like in a pin.

-Wes

#64 11 years ago

Funhouse ain't System 11, damn it.

Whirlwind is the usual winner when this question is asked, and I agree with this belief.

Honorable mentions: Taxi or Diner (choose your preference), High Speed, Pin*Bot, EATPM, Cyclone.

Sleeper choices: Grand Lizard (love this game), Swords of Fury.

F14 sucks eggs. I believe that a little bit, but I'm mostly just adding that opinion to be obnoxious.

-Steve

#65 11 years ago

PinBot, Whirlwind, Taxi, SpaceStation then Cyclone

#66 11 years ago

Hard to pick one as best, but I'll also give my vote for Pin-Bot.
But F-14, Bad Cats, High Speed, and EATPM all would be close seconds.

#67 11 years ago

Maybe you could amend your thread to something like "looking for a good alphanumeric game" so this post doesn't get any more cluttered with people repeating how FH is not System 11 (like it matters, and like it hasn't been pointed out 6 times already)? Obviously he wants a game from that era, folks, I don't think he necessarily cares about the technical hardware.

WW and ES are my faves.

#68 11 years ago

Conceptually, my favorite is PinBot. Gameplay wise, I'll go Banzai Run and Rollergames.

-BB

#69 11 years ago

F-14 wins it for me but there are many good system 11 pins. This looks like a topic that would have benefited from a poll.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

Ok, after some serious thought I change my opinion to Laser Cue.

No, Laser Cue is a system 3. At least thats the feeling I get from it without looking in the backbox. Therefore it should be included in any system 3 vote.

#71 11 years ago

EATPM for me with WW and ES a close second.

#72 11 years ago

Just added an F-14 to the Grand Lizard and Revenge from Mars...of the three, the Lizard is really a cool game.

#74 11 years ago

I think a better question is .. what sys11 ISNT worth buying

Dr Dude

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Black Knight 2000.
</thread>

Chris

Hands down BK2K

#76 11 years ago

High Speed then 2nd F-14 Tomcat

#77 11 years ago

Taxi; not the prettiest, but it is the best.

#78 11 years ago
#79 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

Dr dude

BBBB

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

says the guy who rates it a perfect 10. cross ramps suck.

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

Dr dude

Road Kings

#82 11 years ago

For me, it's a toss up between WW and Taxi. Pinbot a close second.

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from 7Warpig7:

No, Laser Cue is a system 3. At least thats the feeling I get from it without looking in the backbox. Therefore it should be included in any system 3 vote.

??? Laser Cue is a System 7.

#84 11 years ago

Honestly, it's probably Whirlwind. But I feel like I have to give honorable mentions to the awesome, often overlooked Mousin' Around, Rollergames, Swords of Fury, and Radical!

#85 11 years ago

Bk2k

#86 11 years ago

My vote is BK2000, Eatpm then Diner

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

??? Laser Cue is a System 7.

Only if you want to get technical and go by what kind of cpu it has. What kind of imbecile does that?

#88 11 years ago

Earthshaker is #1 true SYS11
Honorable mention to Taxi
Many others nearly as good (Diner, Whirlwind, BOP, EATPM, etc).

Funhouse rules them all if you let it in (which given the design it is 100% SYS11 DNA, just with a WPC mpu).

-Jim

#89 11 years ago

I vote Taxi ... Its has much better skill shot then WW and Pinbat also it has 2 nice ramps along with some nice shots.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Absolutely the best! Great scoring, artwork, and entertainment for your buck.

#91 11 years ago

Whirlwind!

#92 11 years ago

Whichever one you like best.

#93 11 years ago

Pinbot
Whirlwind
Earthshaker
F-14

#94 11 years ago

I like Earthshaker and F-14, but honestly it's so close between all the ones mentioned here that it really comes down to taste....Pinbot, HS, WW, EATPM, Taxi, Sword of Fury, Banzai Run...etc. Heck even space station is pretty cool and that one doesn't get mentioned at all.

#95 11 years ago

Whirlwind is just great. I love it, and it's easily one of my favorites of the sys11's.

PinBot is another great one. I've owned it for a while, and still find it very unique and charming. It has a really unique way of bringing you in when you have it setup with LED's in a dark room. Pointing out that you're actually playing a robot to people always opens up a new appreciation. The music and sounds are great.

#96 11 years ago

I like Bad Cats the most. But I would have said F-14 if I never played Bad Cats. Oh and ES is awesome (mine is for sale so I had to say that).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,490.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-system-11-pinball-of-all-time/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.