Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by awarner
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Looking at possibly getting a system 11 game and wondering which one is the best title, like the look of funhouse and whirlwind. Like to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

#2 10 years ago

I've owned a lot & the only one left in my collection that's NEVER leaving is Mousin' Around.

#4 10 years ago

Whirlwind.Funhouse technically isn't system 11.

#5 10 years ago

Whirlwind.

#6 10 years ago

Earthshaker!!

#7 10 years ago

Knock knock?

Who's there?

It's PinBot!

Oh, I guess we can all go home now. PinBot's here...

Luke

#8 10 years ago

Black Knight 2000.

</thread>

Chris

#9 10 years ago

Whirlwind and Banzai Run.
Funhouse is WPC

#10 10 years ago

If I could only own one machine it would be a Pin-Bot. To me Pin-Bot has just enough - neat artwork, plenty to shoot at, everyone seems to like it when we have guest & I never get bored with it. WW would be a close second in my eyes but not only is Pin-Bot a great System 11 machine it is normally sold for $1000 to $1500 which in my eyes is way under priced.

So if you want the best bang for your buck I would say Pin-Bot hands down. Out of the 28 System 11 machines they made I think at least half or more would be keepers in a mid size collection and even the "bad ones" are really pretty decent.

#11 10 years ago

Pin*Bot ! The most "lastability". Always calls you back to rule the universe.

#12 10 years ago

Whirlwind and high speed are both in my collection, restoring hs now and ww after that. Love them both, neither leaving anytime to soon, but I would go with ww over hs...... I think.......maybe hs.....ww......they both rock so idk

#13 10 years ago

whirlwind

#14 10 years ago

Funhouse. I'm not biased.

#15 10 years ago

whirlwind,pinbot,high speed,mousin around,elvira, all correct answers,add taxi and diner also.

#16 10 years ago

Funhouse is a WPC game.

F-14, High Speed, Whirlwind, Taxi are my favorites.

Actually most of the System11 games are great.

#17 10 years ago

Whirlwind and Black Knight 2000 are my favorite. High Speed is up there too for me. After reading other responses, I need to find a Pin*Bot to play. My friend has a Cyclone that is also super fun. So many good ones...

#18 10 years ago

...and Earthshaker, and ...

#19 10 years ago

Banzai Run by far!!!

#21 10 years ago

i owned pinbot and want to find another one. the great thing about the game is it just keeps you wanting to come back and play it again. its a great mix of easy to learn,easy to play,hard to beat.

i own whirlwind now and i love it. i hope to never part with it. all in all i cant think of any system 11 game that is not worth owning.

#22 10 years ago

White water! Oh wait...rats

#23 10 years ago

Pinside has already spoken. If you don't count Funhouse(which I do), then the answer is EATPM according to the top 100.

For me, I would say Funhouse. If you insist on invoking the technicality, then I vote Pinbot.

#25 10 years ago

funhouse does play like a classic system 11, so i would count it. also important, is money an object? you could probably get 3 older system 11s for the price of a funhouse.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

Funhouse does play like a classic system 11, so i would count it. also important, is money an object? you could probably get 3 older system 11s for the price of a Funhouse.

very true, for the price of a funhouse you could get high speed, whirlwind and pinbot and have an awesome line up.

#27 10 years ago

High Speed and Grand Lizard are my favorites

#28 10 years ago

Rollergames!!!

#29 10 years ago

Radical! is my current favorite... But Whirlwind is a better game.

#30 10 years ago

My favorites are Cyclone and Dr. Dude.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Pinside has already spoken. If you don't count Funhouse(which I do), then the answer is EATPM according to the top 100.
For me, I would say Funhouse. If you insist on invoking the technicality, then I vote Pinbot.

What exactly is a technicality about Funhouse having a WPC CPU board in it?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from 7Warpig7:

Classic. On this basis I vote for Avengers LE. Hahaha

Back on track, I really like Swords of Fury. And F14. And Taxi. The wife loves Cyclone.

But I do have 20 to choose from. I like em all! They're all great! Buy some!

rd.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

Funhouse does play like a classic system 11, so i would count it.

So does IM, but I didn't pick it because it's NOT a system 11.

#35 10 years ago

I think it's hilarious that funhouse running on wpc is alled a technicality! Bop and funhouse are wpc with alpha numerics. Big difference

Best system 11 is bk2k. But honestly, all of them are really great. My Least favorites are police force and bad cats.

#36 10 years ago

I owned whirlwind and it was great! My vote for it!~SpOoKy

#37 10 years ago

The outlanes on WW are brutal

#38 10 years ago

currently working on fixing up a pinbot. picking up an earthshaker this next weekend. thought about picking up a high speed from a friend, though the PF was worn to hell (like most i hear) and there was an error that kept the ball from kicking out. been said before, but system 11s are a good bang for the buck and there were also decent production numbers. classic play, classic sounds, original themes. fixing up restoring can be fun, but my pinbot's taking a lot longer than i thought it would.

OFF TOPIC: someone told me that "tron's cool if you REALLY like funhouse." i love funhouse but didn't seen the comparison to tron, though have only played a few games. am i missing something.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from 7Warpig7:

As in, only by a technical definition would one conclude Funhouse is not a system 11 game. For the player who is not opening the backbox, they see an alphanumeric display, system 11 siderails, a non-clearcoated playfield, and a game that plays much more like Whirlwind than TAF.

#40 10 years ago

Grand Lizard for its simplicity and unique theme. Playing it is mindless, no deep rulesets to remember.

#41 10 years ago

Tie between EATPM and BK2K for me, and that stands even if you include FH Now if you put BOP into the mix.........

#42 10 years ago

F-14 for me.

#44 10 years ago

whirlwind

#45 10 years ago

WW is my answer. It is better than most dmd games.

#46 10 years ago

Funhouse and Pinbot by a mile.. I own both and play them daily.. Sold WW last year..

#47 10 years ago

EATPM is my favorite System 11. BTW Funhouse counts as a WPC game, because it is.

#48 10 years ago

EATPM is my favourite but part of that has to do with theme and looks. Play wise it's my WW, mines not the prettiest to look at but man does it keep me coming back for me. Ball times can be brutal with my wide outlanes at times but it's one of those rare games were rather then get frustrated I need one more game. I'd love to find a fully restored WW some day and any condition elvira to have in my collection.

#49 10 years ago

FUnhouse is NOT a system 11

My vote is Dr Dude or EATPM

#50 10 years ago

Hmmmm.....tough call, gotta be between FH or BOP.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement
Cabinet parts
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Playfields
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 184.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-system-11-pinball-of-all-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.