3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Rafthan
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201209_205228 (resized).jpg
    C512BB97-C461-4807-8929-AC20E4CE3546 (resized).jpg
    D492D16D-A6DC-4778-884D-BDDDE0A5A14E (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

So, I am a critical SOAB. I like to spend money on something good, on something solid. I like value for money, I like a good, well thought of design. I like build quality.

So I hate some crappy home made mods. I hate that crappy beer flasher mod from mzl for TSPP (grainy sticker on a 3d printer thing for way too much money). (I love the most things mzl does by the way).

But last week I got in touch with someone who makes speakerlights for stern pro/prem machines which are so great I am writing a little review. This set is easy to mount (under 10 minutes), plug and play (and not with those freagin crapp alligator clips some mods are supplied with), solid, and just good. It came from germany so I guess a solid design was to be expected.

On forehand, excuse me for the crappy pictures, I was making them for a friend to send them via whatsapp as I knew he was looking for a similar set.

This is the set as I recieved it. The are two versions: the RGB version with a controller and a fixed color version with a color of your choice (I think). The RGB version is more expensive but can be moved to another machine if you decide to sell yours. A solid guide is delivered in the package along with some zip-ties.

The second pic is all the tool you need, don't know the exact size of the bit but I think this was 5/8".

Third pic is the led ring. Fortunately 60 leds/meter and not those cheap-ass 30 leds/meter. Great!

Fourth pic: the mounting screws safely seated in the ring, this is no crapp people, just well thougt through!

Fifth pic: the ring mounted, screws have be fitted though but here you can see that the cable is running from the top-right corner. For the right speaker this is the top-left corner. And that's what I mean by excellent choices in his design.

All and all I am very happy with this set and can advise these to who ever is considering to buy a set.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #2 3 years ago

Sounds great and I would be most interested. But it would be nice to know the name of supplier please?

#3 3 years ago

Thank you for your post.

We always want to manufacture high quality products that we have special requirements, such as:
    - easy installation
    - the original condition should be preserved as far as possible
    - traceless rearmament
    - inconspicuous integration into the existing pinball design
    - Use of high quality materials
    - suitable for many speaker systems. Some individual flipper fidelity systems do not fit! Please contact us before order to see if these fit.

We only have the following variants:

Stern Pro / Premium Spike 1 + 2 (63€):
    2 LED adapter rings RGB 15 colors, dimmable, 2 modes: flasher + fade effect, 1x remote control, fastening screw cable ties

Stern LE (e.g. Avengers: Infinity Quest, Elvira, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) Spike 1 + 2 (63€):
    2 LED adapter rings RGB 15 colors incl. Remote control, dimmable, 2 modes: flasher + fade effect, screw fastening cable ties

Singel Color Sets currently not available.

WPC 95 conversion sets (75€):

Some manual skill is required here, as the lock washers have to be carefully removed from the plastic!
    I have put together a set that enables the conversion to illuminated speakers. The old original speakers can be kept here. Of course, newer sizes of the same size right and left, e.g. Visaton PX13, can also be used without any problems.
    The old speaker adapter rings must be carefully removed by destroying the 16 locking rings.
    The set consists of:
    2x diffuser for WPC LED adapter ring
    1x adapter ring including fastening screws for the original tweeter
    1x RGB control unit with remote control, 15 colors selectable, dimmable, 2 modes: flasher + fade effect
    16 locking rings for attaching the LED adapter rings
    1x adapter connection cable for the LED adapter rings
    5x cable ties

Shipping:
    Germany: 6€
    Netherland, Austria:14€
    Schweiz: 30€
    USA: 40€

This crazy year we are sold out. HarrieD got the last . We will produce more. There is a lot of work and love in every set. New sets will be available again from January.

We wish you a Merry Christmas. Stay healthy!
    Felix

20201209_205228 (resized).jpg20201209_205228 (resized).jpgC512BB97-C461-4807-8929-AC20E4CE3546 (resized).jpgC512BB97-C461-4807-8929-AC20E4CE3546 (resized).jpgD492D16D-A6DC-4778-884D-BDDDE0A5A14E (resized).jpgD492D16D-A6DC-4778-884D-BDDDE0A5A14E (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-speakerlighting-set-i-have-purchased and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.