View topic image gallery

IMG_20200701_203447 (resized).jpg
ca0ff3ee1ad2332ab131ad3116380c3e (resized).jpg
IMG_20200405_205800 (resized).jpg
EA532748-3664-449E-A64B-A9A588BFE5EC-3383-0000061BD8BC7EBB.png
IMG_20200224_210205 (resized).jpg
parks (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 4 years ago

The best US parks I've been to are

Busch Gardens
Kings Island
Hershey
Kennywood

These have the most personality, amazing rollercoasters, and they aren't too oppressive generally when it comes to crowds or finding shade.

Most of the Six Flags properties are unbearable - they have some great rides but tons of concrete, less character, terrible concessions, and a business model that involves getting as many people into the park as possible with discounts and then trying to milk $ out of them on crappy food and other add ons.

If you are planning on going to Europe, I'd highly recommend Etfling in Netherlands and Tivoli in Copenhagen. Neither have the amount and outrageousness of the thrill rides in the US but they are both just awesome, gorgeous parks.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Agreed totally. Nothing gets more annoying than waiting for 90 minutes for a ride like Top Thrill Dragster that lasts 15 seconds.... Just enough time to get into that second 90 minute line before lunch.

In my experience, if a park is REALLY packed, it's still a shitshow even if you cough up for the "fast pass." You've just traded one line for another. If you really can't stand lines, you need to avoid weekends at the huge mega parks.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Kennywood
Pittsburgh, PA
Some of the best wooden coasters in the country:
Jack Rabbit
Racers
Thunderbolt

Kennywood is great, but I think the best spot for Wood these days is probably Hershey.

Comet is a classy old classic, lightning racer is a ton of fun, and the Wildcat is batshit crazy. They all look fabulous at night also.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

I've been to most of the parks in USA, except Lagoon. My count is 425 coasters.

2. New York City - South on I95 to Charlotte or on to Atlanta: You could do Six Flags Great Adventure, Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens Williamsburg (the gem here), Carowinds (Awesome collection), maybe dollywood, maybe six flags Georgia.

You could slip in the DC area six flags also, the Wild One is a very good ride and there's a couple other things of note. Kind of a dump, usually zero lines, worth stopping by.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-rollercoasters-and-theme-parks-?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.