View topic image gallery

IMG_20200701_203447 (resized).jpg
ca0ff3ee1ad2332ab131ad3116380c3e (resized).jpg
IMG_20200405_205800 (resized).jpg
EA532748-3664-449E-A64B-A9A588BFE5EC-3383-0000061BD8BC7EBB.png
IMG_20200224_210205 (resized).jpg
parks (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andhart120.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Calling andhart120

I’m surprised at all the responses! It has been amazing to me as a coaster enthusiast at how these two hobbies seem to mend together. I know several other coaster enthusiasts that are also pinball collectors. Pretty cool!

I have been doing coaster trips for over 20 years now, so I’ll have to list some favorites just like the others!

Here is a BIG tip regarding Cedar Point. Sigh. This place has been my favorite for years. However, last year they decided to start offering tons of discounted tickets and discounted season passes. Though this is great that it gives people who may not have been able to afford to go before a chance, it has made the park more crowded than ever before. If you go, you need to go as early as possible and knock out a ride or two before the lines get real long. Cedar Point has always drawn huge crowds with long lines but the difference now is the implementation of the fast lane system which allows people to skip the lines by paying $100+ on top of their ticket price. Due to this, the lines move much slower than they used to because you have so many people paying to skip the regular line. Please give yourself a few days here if you go. Get there early, and head to Steel Vengeance first which is currently my favorite coaster then immediately go to Maverick which is right next to it. Maverick can have downtime issues and due to this and the slow moving line this can be one of the longest waits in the park (besides Steel Vengeance).

Two parks with probably the best all round package in the USA: Dollywood & Silver Dollar City. Not the most rides by any means but both parks each have one of the best wooden coasters out there (Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run). They also have friendly employees, great food, wonderful locations, and good shows if that’s your thing.

Classics: Check out Knoebels and Kennywood in PA. I saw others mention these so I won’t rehash everything.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg- Great selection of rides, theming, food.

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay- Some of the best coasters in the country and all with short waits if you go at the right time.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas- This to me is the best Six Flags park. It doesn’t feel like a Six Flags park it’s so much more. The Park President is THE best and cares about everything and everyone.

Holiday World- The best 1,2,3 punch for wood coasters. Free parking. Free soft drinks. Free sunscreen. Huge water park with awesome water coasters.

Kings Island- Several great coasters including the classic Beast wooden coaster. New this year is Orion, a steel coaster with a 300’ drop which is sure to be great. This park has improved so much over the last decade!

Other favorites:

Hersheypark
Six Flags Great Adventure
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Carowinds (Fury 325 is REAL good!)
Six Flags over Georgia

I left out the Disney parks and Universal which I also highly recommend but not so much for large coaster thrills (even though there are some). I’m sure im forgetting something!

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I’m surprised at all the responses! It has been amazing to me as a coaster enthusiast at how these two hobbies seem to mend together. I know several other coaster enthusiasts that are also pinball collectors. Pretty cool!
I have been doing coaster trips for over 20 years now, so I’ll have to list some favorites just like the others!
Here is a BIG tip regarding Cedar Point. Sigh. This place has been my favorite for years. However, last year they decided to start offering tons of discounted tickets and discounted season passes. Though this is great that it gives people who may not have been able to afford to go before a chance, it has made the park more crowded than ever before. If you go, you need to go as early as possible and knock out a ride or two before the lines get real long. Cedar Point has always drawn huge crowds with long lines but the difference now is the implementation of the fast lane system which allows people to skip the lines by paying $100+ on top of their ticket price. Due to this, the lines move much slower than they used to because you have so many people paying to skip the regular line. Please give yourself a few days here if you go. Get there early, and head to Steel Vengeance first which is currently my favorite coaster then immediately go to Maverick which is right next to it. Maverick can have downtime issues and due to this and the slow moving line this can be one of the longest waits in the park (besides Steel Vengeance). I love Millennium Force but even though I love it I find it to be the most overhyped ride. It is 20 years old this year and people still claim it to be the best coaster. I thought it was the best 20 years ago. 19 years ago, I liked something else more. Again great ride, just not the best i if you have been around a lot. That’s just my opinion though.
Two parks with probably the best all round package in the USA: Dollywood & Silver Dollar City. Not the most rides by any means but both parks have one of the best wooden coasters out there. They also have friendly employees, great food, wonderful location, and good shows if that’s your thing.
Classics: Check out Knoebels and Kennywood in PA. I saw others mention these so I won’t rehash everything.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg- Great selection of rides, theming, food.
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay- Some of the best coasters in the country and all with short waits if you go at the right time.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas- This to me is the best Six Flags park. It doesn’t feel like a Six Flags park it’s so much more. The Park President is THE best and cares about everything and everyone.
Holiday World- The best 1,2,3 punch for wood coasters. Free parking. Free soft drinks. Free sunscreen. Huge water park with awesome water coasters.
Kings Island- Several great coasters including the classic Beast wooden coaster. New this year is Orion, a steel coaster with a 300’ drop which is sure to be great. This park has improved so much over the last decade!
Other favorites:
Hersheypark
Six Flags Great Adventure
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Carowinds (Fury 325 is REAL good!)
Six Flags over Georgia
I left out the Disney parks and Universal which I also highly recommend but not so much for large coaster thrills (even though there are some). I’m sure im forgetting something!

1 week later
#85 4 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

Agreed. My mom always told me not so say anything bad about people, so here are my positive thoughts on Robb... Um...well...Any other topics to discuss?

When I saw the TPR recommendation I was like....ohhh no lol

Check out CoasterForce instead especially their newer videos!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andhart120.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-rollercoasters-and-theme-parks-?tu=andhart120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.