4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jawjaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150817_224536-1.jpg
    CAM00202_resized-1.jpg
    IMG_8023.jpg
    IMG_8025.jpg
    schwing.jpg
    DSC04962.jpg
    IMG_3882.jpg
    DSC04968.jpg
    IMG_3900.jpg
    DSC04966.jpg
    IMG_3885.jpg
    IMG_3879.jpg
    DSC04974.jpg
    sf2.jpg
    Monster_Bash_Receipt_-_Copy_2.jpg

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago

Mine was a fully working Doctor Who for $400 in 1996. I bought a working Big Indian for $60 and a very rare Gold Strike for $200. $1600 for Addams was average in 1997 when I bought it. I passed on a MM that I had restored for $4K and the guy told me later that I could have paid him "whenever". It was gone at that point...

#102 4 years ago

2015 in California your paying premium price now

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from daddyxxx:

2015 in California your paying premium price now

It all depends who you're buying from and what you're buying. If it's a shopped out/repaired/restored game from a hobbyist - then yeah, it will be priced accordingly. If it's a project or from a garage sale or auction...or from a non-hobbyist, you can still get a great deal. Those types of games are just harder to come by as inventory is finite...but if i was just starting in the hobby and didn't want to spend a lot, I'd be looking for the cheap junky games and fix them up. That's how we did it back in the day! We generally weren't getting cheap HUO games.

#104 4 years ago

Thanks to the OP for starting a thread that lets those who scored great deals relive their shining moments, but also makes the rest of us bitter towards (and envious of) the bragging bastards.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

20 dollar Funhouse. that is just crazy
    wow 180 for creech what a deal. whats the story on that one.

Ex operator who is a friend of mine had a customer who got CFTBL from a bar that went out of business (some sort of compensation). Op repaired it for this customer a few times over the years. The customer called him to repair it again and he said that he is not in the coin op business anymore, but he gave the guy my contact. It turned out that the owner wanted to get it repaired and sell it afterwards. Since he was not a die hard pinhead, I have offered him $180 and he accepted it. The game had bad batteries and ruined battery holder and some stuck switches. The guy was happy to get rid of it and even said that he would accept a $100 offer.

#106 4 years ago

My beautiful Data East Star Wars cost me just $700 which I thought was pretty darn good. That was about 2 years ago.

#107 4 years ago

This thread me jealous too

Quoted from littlecammi:Thanks to the OP for starting a thread that lets those who scored great deals relive their shining moments, but also makes the rest of us bitter towards (and envious of) the bragging bastards.

#108 4 years ago

Can't beat that

Quoted from beepnutz:Monster Bash Receipt - Copy (2).jpg

#109 4 years ago

Sept 2011 Baywatch for $900. A cpu board repair bill of $90 afterward and a personal solder job of the power board burnt G.I. traces to restore illumination and all has been well since. PF and plastics all mint. Cab has dings. Love the game and have had way more then $990 worth of fun since. Wife and I decided will never leave collections. When I throw this pin at any child under 12 yea r s old, I am guaranteed smiles and giggles for hours. Mostly due to the cute dolphin, buoy and shark sounds. Perhaps dmd animations too Priceless!!!

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

I will be over in the worst priced thread

Ty tor the chuckle!!! I needed it very badly (tough week).

#111 4 years ago

Gotta love street fighter

Quoted from toyotaboy:Just grabbed a working (but very dirty) SF2 missing backglass last friday for $600. It's LED'd now
    sf2.jpg

#112 4 years ago

TOM 1300€ (1440$) in september 2014

#113 4 years ago

All of them! As far as my wife knows, I've never paid more than $300.00 for a pin!

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from xeneize:

I've never paid more than $300 for a pin.

Do you buy them all out of the back of a truck in a dark alley?

#115 4 years ago

About 2 weeks ago i Bought a CFTBL fully working for $2300 out of a pizza parlor.
    I think a date on yr purchase makes the value more relative.

CAM00202_resized-1.jpg

#116 4 years ago

Sense I got such a good deal, I decided to do a major shop/upgrade. Almost done (don't mind the flippers, lol)

20150817_224536-1.jpg

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from frogman70:

About 2 weeks ago i Bought a CFTBL fully working for $2300 out of a pizza parlor.
    CAM00202_resized-1.jpg

that's a great deal !

#118 4 years ago

I bought a a JM from USamusements auction Ohio 2003 for $500 completely working with a fantastic play field and cab. My friend's sister gave me a Gottlieb Monte Carlo for free and I bundled them straight up for a HUO Jurassic Park in 2007. Those were the days. However, every day someone some where is sick of some damn huge machine sitting in their basement/ garage and they are ready to sell. Stay thirsty my friends.....

#119 4 years ago

Awesome deal..

Quoted from frogman70:About 2 weeks ago i Bought a CFTBL fully working for $2300 out of a pizza parlor.
    CAM00202_resized-1.jpg

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from frogman70:

Sense I got such a good deal, I decided to do a major shop/upgrade. Almost done (don't mind the flippers, lol)

20150817_224536-1.jpg

drool. seriously awesome deal. turned out super nice!

#121 4 years ago

Cosmic Gunfight... 150 € - and I had to insist on paying at least this amount!
    Backglass was complete.... all flakes were inside the backbox But I was able to get a perfect one.
    The rest of the machine was/is great, just two small wears, which were easy to touch up.

#122 4 years ago

Great game,great deal

#123 4 years ago

I will have a project Space Station and Tempest as soon as I arrange pickup, for fixing a game. Took me a few afternoons and evenings. I may get an Alien Star for fixing a couple more for a different guy.

1 week later
    #124 4 years ago

Negotiated hard on a Silverball Mania in really nice condition. Ended up getting it for $400. But here's the best part of the deal.....

Seller agreed to give me Silverball Mania for the $400 but only if I took a pretty beat up Williams Winner with it, just to get it out of his house. Big, heavy machine if you've never seen it.

Managed to get it home...A little elbow grease, the Winner cleaned up great (plexigalss playfield took little work). Played great. Sold the Winner in a couple for weeks for $500, which was actually kind of a steal for the new buyer given the shape I left it in.

So bottom line: "Buying" Silverball Mania" netted me $100 on the positive.

#125 4 years ago

Bally Strikes and spares $50

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from frogman70:

CAM00202_resized-1.jpg

Nice pickup. Love what you did to it.

Dates make a big difference. It's easy to say you got a good deal comparing today's market value to that of 10 or 20 years ago. A $2300 CFTBL is a great deal today but might of been a bad deal years ago. Inflation also makes a difference. The value of $1000 is a lot different in 1995 than it is today.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    Playfield - Other
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 65.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Arcade Upkeep
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball
    $ 11.00
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 149.00
    There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside