4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jawjaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150817_224536-1.jpg
    CAM00202_resized-1.jpg
    IMG_8023.jpg
    IMG_8025.jpg
    schwing.jpg
    DSC04962.jpg
    IMG_3882.jpg
    DSC04968.jpg
    IMG_3900.jpg
    DSC04966.jpg
    IMG_3885.jpg
    IMG_3879.jpg
    DSC04974.jpg
    sf2.jpg
    Monster_Bash_Receipt_-_Copy_2.jpg

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

Just grabbed a working (but very dirty) SF2 missing backglass last friday for $600. It's LED'd now
    sf2.jpg

#52 4 years ago

BK2K for $400 locally, 5 years ago. Was HUO and had been purchased off a dealer showroom floor. However, the owner had never had the glass off and had played it with malfunctioning flippers (broken EOS). Original batteries were in it since 1989 and there was heavy acid damage on the CPU. Put $600 into it, including LEDs, boards repair, and flipper rebuilds, so I now have a beauty of a BK2K for $1,000.

#53 4 years ago

Meteor for $250 about 5 years ago. Not a great deal in and of itself, especially since there was a fire in the head.

BUT...everything in the head had been replaced...displays, boards, all 100% working including a brand new Alltek. Machine powered right up and worked.

#54 4 years ago

Cactus Canyon - two of them for 2800 total
    T2 - $100
    NIB BBB - $4500

All of them have since been sold.

#55 4 years ago

Huo NASCAR for $1000

#56 4 years ago

I've seen it pop up a couple times so I have to drop a surly bomb of truth:

There's no such thing as a great deal on a Street Fighter II.

#57 4 years ago

Post I made on another board from early 2012:

A buddy from work texted me on Tuesday, said he had a pinball question. Saw him on Wednesday, told me he had a friend with a Monopoly game he wanted to get rid of. I said no problem, what does he want for it? He said the guy wants no part of moving it and if you are willing to take it from the second floor and not damage his walls it is yours. I said, ummm yea, I'll take it.

Went to get it today (less than 10 miles from my house) with my buddy Tim (T2000). Enter his house and head for the room. Straight run of stairs but 180 degree turn at the top, narrow hallway with a couple of curves. See it in the room with the head down... looks pretty good. Figure that I need to remove the head and pull the playfeild. Lift the head, the game looks real good, I mean reeeeeal good. Ask the guy how long he had it. He said his parents bought it for him new. He actually recently threw away the box. Gulp...

Start looking for issues, none to be found but he said a "flipper" was not working. We pull it apart and get it loaded up. We start talking after it is in the truck. He tried to sell it for $200 - $300, no takers. He then offered it for free, I was the third person that was asked... We talked about Craigslist but he did not want to deal with the freaks. I open my wallet and say at least let me buy you dinner, he said "no, I'm just glad it's gone". I eventually convince him to take $50 (all I had in my wallet).

Get it home, put it back together and really start looking at it. It is basically perfect. The game has the original batteries (zip-tie still in place) and the middle one just started to leak, the spring on the negative side has slight corrosion where it is touching the battery, about 3/4 of the spring is still bright and shiny. Game is still holding its setting so I pull the audits. Number of games, 80. No joke, 80. I clean of the dust and start really looking at the game, yea, I absolutely believe 80, this thing is stunning and he kept it in a dark room because it has zero fade. It turns out the bad "flipper" was a eject saucer that was not working, the plunger was just stuck to the rubber snubber from lack of play.

Moral of the story, tell everyone you know about your hobby. I have been doing it for over ten years and it finally paid off, it just happened to pay off big for me ;D

#58 4 years ago

Gotlieb Freddy with several errors and 3 installed LEDs for $2500 including delivery and installed at my house. Sweet deal according to the dealer

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

LOTR $500
    Big Guns $325
    BK2K $700
    Dr. Dude $400
    BttF $300
    Goldeneye $650
    Apollo 13 $800
    Star Wars $900
    These were between 2008-2010 ....games were under $1000 all day long!

Ok, what is the story behind the $500 LOTR because that one is hard to believe

#60 4 years ago

A really nice TAF for 2k, which was a great price when I bought it 10 years ago. These days it would be called theft.

#61 4 years ago

Everything seems legit but lotr 500 hmmmm

#62 4 years ago

Dirty Harry for $500.00. PF was dirty, bulbs burned out, one pop bumper broke. That was all that was wrong. Woman was selling it for her husband who had it as a game room filler bought back in 1998. she said it was broke. It turned out 1 of the balls was jammed up on the PF machinery. Once unjammed, it played fine. I showed her it was not broke, and that it was worth more than $500.00 She told me because I was honest, I could still have it for $500.00. Game was an re-import.

DSC04974.jpg

IMG_3879.jpg

IMG_3885.jpg

DSC04966.jpg

IMG_3900.jpg

DSC04968.jpg

IMG_3882.jpg

DSC04962.jpg

#63 4 years ago

Mint Addams Family Gold with every imaginable mod......$3800

#64 4 years ago

Fish tales- free
    Pin bot DE star wars -$1200 for both
    And probably 30 or so others for $100 or less.

#65 4 years ago

Strikes and Spares
    Black Knight
    Supersonic
    Kings of Steel
    Eight Ball
    All for $1100 about three years ago

Getaway in exc condition for $1k two years ago.

#66 4 years ago

Its probably only worth that because of all the bullet holes in the cabinet and translite.

Quoted from Mamushka:

A buddy told me he had a friend with a Monopoly game he wanted to get rid of for free.

If that was offered to me for free it would just turn out to be a copy of the board game.

#67 4 years ago

Gottlieb Countdown, Stern Trident, Williams Full House EM... all three for $200 total.

The Trident turned out to be a parts machine due to powderpost beetle damage, but still more than paid for the other two.

#68 4 years ago

Mystery Castle for $1200 about 3 years ago had only been collecting for about a year and never heard of it but it looked cool.
    Stargate for $900
    Flight 2000 for $200 needed rectifier board
    Creech $1800 2 years ago
    Freddy $1050
    I've found a few good deals and can honestly say I've never felt like I over paid on any thing

#69 4 years ago

got a decent working T2 @ the local goodwill for $200

#70 4 years ago

Eight Ball. $150. Didn't work at all, and stuff burned all over the place. The previous tech fixed anything that went bad with a pair of wire cutters. Chime box fire? Cut the wires. Pop bumper stuck on? Snip.

It's not ever going to be pretty, but it plays great and is still a fun game.

Oh, and the $150 obviously doesn't include all the parts, boards, and work that went into it.

#71 4 years ago

Pre 2005: NGG 1700, TZ 1500, IJ 1700, Totan 2000, WH20 800, Corvette 800, DM 800

Lots of other deals back in the day. All you noobs ruined everything. I did get a Congo last year for 500.

#72 4 years ago

Rollergames & Breakshot for $600
    Decent condition on both routed.

Andrew

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

Cactus Canyon - two of them for 2800 total

Bastard.

#74 4 years ago

whirlwind for I think it was $1200 (australian) iirc

#75 4 years ago

You guys are making a grown man jealous with theses prices haha

#76 4 years ago

afm off route 1200 a few years back

#77 4 years ago

Either the NIB Tron LE - $5600 delivered
    or the nice White Water - $1050

Or... I have to say trading WOZ straight up for a NIB ACDC Luci. SCHWING!

schwing.jpg

#78 4 years ago

My first pinball, a EM Williams Fan-Tas-Tic. Owner gave it to me in exchange for removing an old couch from his house and taking it to the dump.
    Machine was in his house for at least 30 years, maybe longer. He was a friend of the family and we always played that machine when I was a kid. He may have bought it new, I should ask him next time I see him.

#79 4 years ago

all machines locally sourced "down under"

addams with mint play field swapped for some labor, essentially free.
    JD $400
    BR $600
    Robocop $800
    cueball wizard $500
    mata hari free
    Gottleib flying charriots $200 with spare pf.

all but the last machine were sourced in the last 6 years.

#80 4 years ago

$300 DE Simpsons, needed <$300 in parts & powdercoating, wound up with a very nice example.

$100 Firepower that just needed a fuse (no, really it did) and new plungers & sleeves.

$250 Centaur just a few weeks ago. Working on refurb'ing it right now, this one needs some parts.

#81 4 years ago

Dang I wish I would have joined this hobby back in 2005 -2006 when I thought about getting a pin but instead waited till a few years ago .I have gotten a few decent deals but after all the work I did to them it was about what I cld of bought a done pin for lol but I love redoing them .super mario bros 600 , flintstones 1350, rbion 2600 and getaway 1000

#82 4 years ago

LW3 - working/free
    Big Indian -needed a bkt of work/free
    Magic - $200 + $1.50 fuse

#83 4 years ago

Pinball was definitely good for pricing five to ten years ago

#84 4 years ago

The two cc for 2800, best deal ever.......

#85 4 years ago

I don't know why I read this thread. It makes me so jealous.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from daddyxxx:

Pinball was definitely good for pricing five to ten years ago

It's all relative. 5-10 years ago we were still bitching about prices. When I wrote a check for $4k for Cirqus Voltaire I thought I had gone insane....now, it doesn't seem so bad.

#87 4 years ago

I got a mostly working Big Shot (1973) and Flip-A-Card (1970) for free. I still have them.

I think every game I bought before 2012 was a good deal, ie: TZ for $1800, AFM for $2300, CFTBL for $1000, BSD for $800, No Fear for $900, etc etc... We were still pulling games out of op warehouses. Not so much these days, though.

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from daddyxxx:

The two cc for 2800, best deal ever.......

Once I restored and sold them both, it funded a LOT more pin purchases, including the third CC I purchased...which I still own. I got a pretty good deal on that one, but not like the first two.

#89 4 years ago

Blackwater 100- $300. Getaway and BSD-$2000. Gottlieb Monty Carlo $300.

#90 4 years ago

Bought a super nice T2 for $150 about 5 years ago. Found it in the newspaper classifieds sporting goods section. Guy had it in his house, his kids were grown and no one played it anymore. Left flipper didn't work and he didn't want to mess with it. Turns out it was just a fuse blown. Later sold it for about $1400.

#91 4 years ago

This thread makes me want to whip up a big batch of FU for all the participants.

#92 4 years ago

Collector Quality Tz - $800 in 2009
    2012, collector quality TZ for $2500
    2012, Monster Bash $3000
    2013 Cactus Canyon $4300 (sold it for $12,900
    2009, huo TSPP $1650
    2009 near mint Black Knight $100
    This year, loaded with mods TAF $2500
    Devils Dare $350 a few months ago
    2013 I traded a routed Avatar for a LOTR and Jackbot even.
    WCS94' $650 (this years allentown)
    Pink Panther with NOS playfield $800 (lady collector owned it and just before I left she said ''oh yeah, I have this extra playfield you can have if you want it....''
    2014 Gottlieb Punk! $1000
    this year-Diamondplate Rollergames $600
    Fall of 2013 I bought the following from a vendor, and all worked excellent/good shape
    BTTF $700
    Hook $600
    Super Mario Bros: $600
    Bride of Pinbot 1 - $300
    Bride of Pinbot 2: $600
    Getaway 1: $1000
    Getaway 2: $1000
    Demolition Man: $1000
    Phantom of the Opera: $700
    F14 1: $200
    F14 2: $200
    Jokerz $300
    BsDracula $700

There are so many I can't remember them all.

#93 4 years ago

I will be over in the worst priced thread

#94 4 years ago

Got some for free, but cash wise:

$20 FH about ten years ago which came with RS purchase. I was whining about non working Ted s head to the op which was selling the RS and he offered me a $20 FH to use Rudy s parts on Ted.
    More recent deal - $180 for working CFTBL last year (pics below).
    Waiting for more space -> trade for my (got it for free) 80s bagatelle type of game for one of the following machines: Zaccaria Moon Flight, Funhouse, Space Invaders, Taxi or Skateball.

IMG_8025.jpg

IMG_8023.jpg

#95 4 years ago

JD for $1400

#96 4 years ago

TZ for $1500 back around 2008. It didn't work. It was seriously just a fuse. Replaced the fuse and it's been bulletproof ever since. That was my first pin. Based on that deal, I thought buying old pinball machines would make for an affordable hobby. Nope...

#97 4 years ago

Picked up a great working Jurassic Park the week after the one on ebay sold for over $4000 for a fraction of that price. Super super deal. The seller made sure I wasn't intending to flip it. I told him I was going to flip it for myself. The extra money I saved that I was expecting to use towards a JP, went right back into this one. So in the end with what I've put in to it, it's about what I could get for one.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from rygar:

Got some for free, but cash wise:
    $20 FH about ten years ago which came with RS purchase. I was whining about non working Ted s head to the op which was selling the RS and he offered me a $20 FH to use Rudy s parts on Ted.
    More recent deal - $180 for working CFTBL last year (pics below).
    Waiting for more space -> trade for my (got it for free) 80s bagatelle type of game for one of the following machines: Zaccaria Moon Flight, Funhouse, Space Invaders, Taxi or Skateball.

IMG_8025.jpg IMG_8023.jpg

20 dollar funhouse. that is just crazy

wow 180 for creech what a deal. whats the story on that one.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It's all relative. 5-10 years ago we were still bitching about prices. When I wrote a check for $4k for Cirqus Voltaire I thought I had gone insane....now, it doesn't seem so bad.

Fact. Google "rich man's hobby" over at RGP and you'll see dozens of newcomers 10 years ago pissing and moaning about how they want to enter the hobby, but $5,000 for an MM (which was apparently the only machine anybody wanted) was outrageous, and it's a hobby for rich folks, and the plebes who can only afford $3,000 for an AFM, $1,000 for a congo, or $2,000 for a Funhouse were totally priced out of the big-time fun.

I told them then the exact same thing I tell them now...there are literally hundreds of games available right now for $1,000 or under. Sack up and buy one, and guess what, it's no longer a rich man's hobby!

#100 4 years ago

DC Craigslist Deals within the last three years...all owners knew they were worth more they just were not pinheads and wanted someone who would take them as is with no fuss

CFTBL, WWFRR, TZ for $5000 total...thats less than 1700 per machine...
    TZ $1000
    High Speed $400 and Baby Pacman $200 and Black Pyramid $300...he practically wanted to give away a project hulk but I hooked another pinsider up with it for $100
    Flash and Phoenix $150 & $200

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 32.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 279.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 218.00
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside