(Topic ID: 6515)

The best pinball music thred

By TheDude

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

86909.jpg
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

I would like people posting their best pinball tunes. And please keep the obvious games out, like Guns & Roses, IJ, Elvis and so on

I just love the music in both TX-Sector and Genesis.

TX-Sector:

Genesis :

Post edited by TheDude : spelling

#2 12 years ago

I get TAXI and Funhouse stuck in my head almost weekly so they have to get the win. Are they too obvious?

#3 12 years ago

I find the music in WCS94 to be particularly catchy. My other nominations would be BK2K and Rollergames.

#6 12 years ago

Funhouse is my iPhone ringtone - has some great music, a lot of Chris Granner's music is really good.
    I think LOTR has some great sound and music in it - even after the game is over the music switches up and is awesome

TX sector some cool tunes

#7 12 years ago

I think my GNR .

#8 12 years ago

Okay now I need to mention Tommy...

Well one that would surprise would probably be time machine.

#9 12 years ago

Time Machine seems very cool.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Okay now I need to mention Tommy...

+1!

Beat me to it

#12 12 years ago

I love the TZ tune that plays after you hit the GUM and BALL ramps and it is time to lock the ball.

#13 12 years ago

Maybe not the *best* but some of my favs...

Dungeons and Dragons

Swords of Fury

Wms. Millionaire

#14 12 years ago

SM. Most every tune in it rocks. And none annoy me. MB too.

#15 12 years ago

My 5 yr old will sing this to you word for word. he can't play the game with out singing along with it.

#16 12 years ago

No love for TRON yet??? It has to be one of the main reasons I bought the pin in the first place!
    Derezzed always gets me amped!
    Castor is a treat too, when you can get it...

#17 12 years ago

Baywatch

#18 12 years ago

Bk2k hands down. Then pin bot for me. Then probably check point

#19 12 years ago

Swords of Fury, i must say was a nice one, the ball 2 locked theme

#20 12 years ago

Monster Bash monsters of rock

#21 12 years ago

I adore Pinball music and sound with a soft spot for synthesizer-era works.

Moderator. May I suggest this thread being sticky.

Personally, I will break it down like this.

Best music:
    Taxi
    Funhouse
    Banzai Run
    Jackbot
    Attack From Mars
    Scared Stiff
    White Water
    Creature From The Black Lagoon
    Pirates Of The Caribbean
    No Good Gofers

Best sound (music, sound effects and speech combined):
    Attack From Mars
    Scared Stiff
    Creature From The Black Lagoon

Best speech:
    Scared Stiff
    Funhouse
    The Addams Family

Special mention for the 'would be high on the list if it wasn't for poor main theme':
    Twilight Zone
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Indiana Jones

#22 12 years ago

I like LW3, the songs are not annoying to me and you can change them based on how you feel.

#23 12 years ago

Fight!...
    You can do it, You can do it...
    Defeat the Black Knight..

#24 12 years ago

ooh so many nice sounds, Tron, T2, T3, Tz, BK2000, Pinbot, Laser Wars, Dracula, POTO all come to mind

#25 12 years ago

SS for halloween style
    Tron for modernism
    CV for driving you crazy

#27 12 years ago

LOTR - so atmospheric.

#28 12 years ago

BK2K - It's just simply awesome and ORIGINAL.
    LW3 has the 3 (crappy) song selection

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from MMuller:

Monster Bash monsters of rock []

Yes!

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

ORIGINAL.
    LW3 has the 3 (crappy) song selection

Good spot-Frankenstein has a good music selection

#32 12 years ago

Heavy! Metal! Melt-DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNN!

but in an awesomely bad way

I find the women singing in bk2k to be very annoying.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Posted 3 minutes ago | # | !! |

Heavy! Metal! Melt-DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNN!

but in an awesomely bad way

I find the women singing in bk2k to be very annoying.

I agree, way crazy

#34 12 years ago

MB has great music during multiballs and also when your game is over during the match.

FT has the music I love to hate, sometimes can't get it out of my head! There is catchy music while entering your initials in FT as well. A PAPA (Bowen) tutorial said that music was specially composed for that and nothing else.

SS boogey music is also fun.

While on the topic of music, I never appreciated the music in pins until playing them in a home env. It the arcade days it was always hard to hear the music / audio due to other machines, blown speakers, or volume cranked down. A pity really because the sounds are so great on so many pins.

#35 12 years ago

It's slightly off topic, but my favorite computer game music is from "The Last Ninja" on the Commodore 64. A true 8-bit classic!

#36 12 years ago

Oh yes those old SID tracks gives me goosebumps, so many insanely good tracks.

The music in The X-Files pin was surprisingly good also.

#37 12 years ago

Another vote for Swords of Fury. +1 for Pinbot as well.

I also have to say that I absolutely love the Zydeco theme on No Good Gofers.

#38 12 years ago

Its not really pinball music per se, so i didnt mention it earlier, but tommy has great music and sound. The soundrack is 11 songs i believe.

#39 12 years ago

I need to find a SoF, only for the music, "game play" comes second

#40 12 years ago

Love High Speed II's use of "La Grange".

#41 12 years ago

No Bride of Pinbot love? That game has such a sweet light/audio package!

#42 12 years ago

Taxi and Diner are my favorites. Chris Granner did both. He wrote did a lot of the music for the machines listed above.

check it out
    http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?searchtype=advanced&ppl=Chris%20Granner

#43 12 years ago

BOP gets my vote.

#44 12 years ago

No Bride of Pinbot love?

86909.jpg86909.jpg

Well this guy DEFINITELY has it for sure!
    That is a full back as well! Beyond hardcore, tiptoeing slightly into "Albacore" territory...

BOP definitely is worth the lovin'...
    So +1 as well jar/Loupie!

#45 12 years ago

IIRC, Black Knight 2000 won an award when it was released, for Best Pinball Music To Date.

I really like almost all of BK2K's music, with only the exception of the 'after you get the jackpot' music, because it's all too short and repetitive.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see love for an old favorite of mine, Swords of Fury. It's definitely more subtle than most pinball music, but it's certainly a classic. One overlooked bit where Swords really shines is the high score music, which a friend of mine once looked up and claimed it was a Bach fugue, but I don't remember which one he said it was, and I haven't tried looking it up myself.

One pinball machine with great music I would never bother to own, and which didn't have a whole lot else to recommend it, is Bad Cats.

The 5x 99K bonus music in Taxi is another excellent bit.

And finally, I would be remorse if I didn't mention the well-known Bach organ Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, which is the main-level music in the 3-level classic Haunted House.

#46 12 years ago

The chickens clucking the 1812 overture in class of 1812 is pretty cool. I like the end of game & high score music in Jokerz.

#47 12 years ago

I think the Dude's idea was to make the best thread about pinball music, not a thread about the best pinball music, although the title is ambiguous

I'd love to participate and upload some funky tunes from some machines I have, but they're not set up at the moment... HH's Toccata and Fugue in D minor would be my first choice

As for love of pinball sounds, apart from a lot of the early 80's elecro-drone sounds like from BH and Electra, I'd say BSD is one of my favourites, the way the pop's are built into the music is excellent!

Quoted from NimblePin:

Castor is a treat too, when you can get it...

How DO you get this NP? Is it during the DP multiball??

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Well this guy DEFINITELY has it for sure! []
    That is a full back as well! Beyond hardcore, tiptoeing slightly into "Albacore" territory...

Hopefully the guy didn't get bored of the game a few months after having this done!! This was my first ever pin by the way, and I still have the very game (after buying it back from the guy I sold it to when I got bored of it)... I loved the game, but after a while it becomes too easy... it was my only pin for around a year, so I did get a LOT of plays on it!!

#49 12 years ago

There are some crazy people in this world! that is the largest Tramp stamp on a male I hae eveer seen. Why the F%2K would you do that

#50 12 years ago

Heavy Metal Meltdown

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-pinball-music-thred and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.