Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0FE21EF7-C4FE-4917-B28D-D4C1158D9634 (resized).jpeg
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #2 5 years ago

Bullshit. That's what I think.

#3 5 years ago

Iron Maiden shouldn't be anywhere near Top 50 that is a joke! Walking Dead maybe Top 50. The rest you can make a case for.

#4 5 years ago

“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”

#5 5 years ago

“Fake News”

#6 5 years ago

New and fresh doesn't necessarily equate to "best". I think longevity should play a huge role in these type of lists. (as well as nostalgia). Longevity criteria meets things that came out right before the end of pinball: (MM, TZ, ToM, CV, MB, etc). The majority of the top 25 are all new Stern games (which many would argue are by no means the best ever). I get that generational gaps (and nostalgia) play a role in these type of lists, but it is also why I find them pointless For example I disagree with probably 80% of it (that I've played). But I grew up in the toy generation so I would probably leave all the early SS and EM games off a list for that reason as I don't find them as long lasting and pretty sure the older folks would scoff at those being left off.

#7 5 years ago

Lol Iron Maiden is number 3? Dialed in is number 8? Sorry but please come back when the hype train wears off and then we can talk.

#8 5 years ago

Ya'll aren't reading the whole article, are ya?

#9 5 years ago

No they are not.

#10 5 years ago

All time is a long time to only include the last 25 or so years.

#11 5 years ago

Stern Starwars should be towards the top somewhere. It is not a novice player pin, it that how these are rated now?

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

All time is a long time to only include the last 25 or so years.

Says "best modern pinball", actually.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Ya'll aren't reading the whole article, are ya?

If you mean where the list came from, yes. I noticed this the other day and those numbers are averages based on number of votes and are for the most part...way tilted to newer games.

Edit: I was having this conversation with someone the other day. I do NOT like Addams Family. I never understood why it is so popular or continues to be so popular.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

If you mean where the list came from, yes. I noticed this the other day and those numbers are averages based on number of votes and are for the most part...way tilted to newer games.

His real list from the article at its conclusion:
    In order.

Twilight Zone
    The Addams Family
    Medieval Madness
    Monster Bash
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Attack from Mars
    White Water
    Scared Stiff
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Spider-Man

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Says "best modern pinball", actually.

I see "all time" as the title of this thread. And I don't see how you call games 25-30 years old modern.

#16 5 years ago

LOL AC/DC came out 2 yr before WOZ yet got kicked off the list?

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I see "all time" as the title of this thread. And I don't see how you call games 25-30 years old modern.

It's clumsy, I know.

"What are the Top Ten Modern Pinball Machines of All-Time?"

Top ten modern.....of all time.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

It's clumsy, I know.

The whole thing seems like just another waste of butt wipe.

#19 5 years ago

This guy is just trying to combine the two "best of" lists, and add a bit of weight to it with longevity....

It's probably as close to a top 10 as you're going to get, though.....

For modern pinball.

It wouldn't be my top 10, but who cares about my top 10, anyway?

#20 5 years ago

Just read the top10 list just one Stern but a good one. I’d add Met as well 0FE21EF7-C4FE-4917-B28D-D4C1158D9634 (resized).jpeg0FE21EF7-C4FE-4917-B28D-D4C1158D9634 (resized).jpeg

#21 5 years ago

All really great games, but they wouldn't be my top 10....I'd add MET, AC/DC, and WOZ to the list and bump SM, WW, and CV

#22 5 years ago

>>Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure is gorgeous and was made during the peak of the industry. The problem is the kinetics of the game are off. This is not the kind of game you can play over and over again…because it just is simply not that fun to play.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Just read the top10 list just one Stern but a good one. I’d add Met as well [quoted image]

And LOTR and TSPP are better than Spiderman.

#24 5 years ago

Woz should be there it that’s just my opinion, it seems groundbreaking.

#25 5 years ago

This article has been on-line for years and the IJ comment has been there for years. Why argue about a stale old on-line article that was just updated to put SM on there to get views?

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

This article has been on-line for years and the IJ comment has been there for years. Why argue about a stale old on-line article that was just updated to put SM on there to get views?

Yeah, it does seem like this guy has a hard-on for this opinionated blog going way back.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disco-fever-monster-bash

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-game-of-the-year-announced

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-really-are-the-top-ten-modern-pinball-machines-of-all-time

#27 5 years ago

No way can this list be taken seriously with Supreme not being included.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Iron Maiden shouldn't be anywhere near Top 50 that is a joke! Walking Dead maybe Top 50. The rest you can make a case for.

Neither were in the list...fyi.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

The lists have been entirely updated...and new content was added. Left what still is true...IJ still is a boring, but gorgeous & well made turd of a game.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

No way can this list be taken seriously with Supreme not being included.

Got me there...good one!

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Woz should be there it that’s just my opinion, it seems groundbreaking.

Groundbreaking...but not fun. Funhouse is also groundbreaking and tons of fun and did not make the list. Black Knight as well...

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

And LOTR and TSPP are better than Spiderman.

Agree it does not belong...but using Pinside & IPDB as part of the calculation gets some games like this that are not worthy. It is nowhere near in my personal top ten or even top 100.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

It's clumsy, I know.

Modern = a less geeky way to say solid state.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

LOL AC/DC came out 2 yr before WOZ yet got kicked off the list?

Was not in the IPDB top 25.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from freakandgeek:

So it's wrong to have an opinion? Who wants to read stuff from someone without one? Not me...

And that's what I gave you. My opinion.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

His real list from the article at its conclusion:
    In order.
    Twilight Zone
    The Addams Family
    Medieval Madness
    Monster Bash
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Attack from Mars
    White Water
    Scared Stiff
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Spider-Man

Thanks for stealing my thunder!

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Lol Iron Maiden is number 3? Dialed in is number 8? Sorry but please come back when the hype train wears off and then we can talk.

Neither made it in the list...keep reading.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And that's what I gave you. My opinion.

Ok got me there!

#40 5 years ago

When I write about Vanilla ice-cream, I will send you a PM to the link!

#41 5 years ago

So, is this your blogspot, and you are just linking it here? If so, talk about shameless self promotion.

#42 5 years ago

I was tired of people not reading your whole article.

Srry for stealing ur clicks.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So, is this your blogspot, and you are just linking it here? If so, talk bout shameless self promotion.

Yes totally shameless...

It is one the best articles about the top pinball machines on the web. Forgive me for sharing!

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I was tired of people not reading your whole article.
    Srry for stealing ur clicks.

No problemo

#45 5 years ago

And the nerve to share it on a random website about pinball!!!

Yes totally shameless...
    It is one the best articles about the top pinball machines on the web. Forgive me for sharing!

#46 5 years ago

10 years is too new to consider something great, like these IPhones these kids are using. I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on one now that they seem to have stuck around! Maybe not my sidekick is still pretty slick!

#47 5 years ago

I'm reading this thread thinking, who cares what other people think? One guy posted IMDN sucks but rates Kiss a top game...

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from dts:

I'm reading this thread thinking, who cares what other people think? One guy posted IMDN sucks but rates Kiss a top game...

Good point...I guess the answer is people new to the hobby who want to know what games they should consider getting first. But even at my advanced age...I look at opinions of people who like games I like. This is helpful for old games that are hard to track down in person.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-pinball-machines-of-all-time-list-updated and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.