Screenshot_20161207-201455 (resized).png
IMG_5184 (resized).JPG
IMG_5185 (resized).JPG
IMG_5183 (resized).JPG
IMG_5180 (resized).JPG
IMG_5181 (resized).JPG
IMG_5182 (resized).JPG
IMG_5179 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikespinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I love a good story of when someone gets a great deal/find on a pinball machine(s) and share their story with us. My best story/find happen to me just this last week and I would like to share with you. I have been avidly collecting pinball machines since 2004. I mainly collect SS machines and usually keep the 90's Bally/Williams titles.
Here is my latest pinball quest: In 2010 I sold Joe (not his real name) a Williams Hurricane for $1500. He got the spark on loving/playing pinball after this sale. Shortly soon after this purchase, he located in Oregon and bought a Bally Theatre of Magic for around $4200. Fast forward to about 2015 he called me up and wanted to sell the machines. He no-longer wanted them and was looking to sell. At the time he called I did not have the cash to purchase them and he did want about what he paid for them, I passed on the buy, but still had his number from when I originally sold the Hurricane to him.
The last few months I have been saving some $ up for another title or two and just sold an X-Files. I remembered Joe and I decided to call him up and see if he still had the two machines. To my supersize he still did and wanted to still sell them. He asked me whats there value worth? I told him I was unsure as I would have to research them. He then said, tell you what, I'm' going to make you a deal. Take them both for $3500. I was a bit shocked, but said OK, let me make some arraignments and I will get back to you.
This call happened on Tuesday March 7th 2017 and I was booked out the rest of the week and was unable to pick them up until Saturday the 11th. Shortly after I hung up with Joe, my work that was scheduled for the next day, moved to the following week. You can guess what happened next, I changed from Saturday to Wednesday the 8th. Called Joe up and he was great with that.
I did research prices on both machines and found out their combined value was worth a lot more then the price offered. I talked to the wife later that night about what I was going to do the next day and the price offered. Was this bad karma to take his price offered? He did offer the $3500 price and was wanting to get rid of them, so I was doing him a favor, so I think. Anyhow I was going to make them a new home.
I traveled the next day 1-1/2 hours to his place and picked them up. Attached are some pictures of the process when I was unloading them into the garage. They are both in my game room now and look forward to playing them in the near future with my buds.

IMG_5179 (resized).JPGIMG_5179 (resized).JPG

IMG_5182 (resized).JPGIMG_5182 (resized).JPG

IMG_5181 (resized).JPGIMG_5181 (resized).JPG

IMG_5180 (resized).JPGIMG_5180 (resized).JPG

IMG_5183 (resized).JPGIMG_5183 (resized).JPG

IMG_5185 (resized).JPGIMG_5185 (resized).JPG

IMG_5184 (resized).JPGIMG_5184 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikespinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-pinball-buy-i-have-ever-foundhad?tu=mikespinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.