(Topic ID: 260214)

The best or coolest ball locks in pinball

By Diospinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
    There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

Twisters spinning magnet disc, always unpredictable.

#52 4 years ago

I like drop targets. I really like inline drop targets. Makes sense that I like the ball lock setup on Fathom then as you utilize the inline drops to both lock and unlock the ball. Plus there is two sets of them! Sometimes old stuff is cool too!

Honorable mentions are the rotating ship (the Deez) in Waterworld and the ramp/Orion lock on Transporter the Rescue.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I like drop targets. I really like inline drop targets. Makes sense that I like the ball lock setup on Fathom then as you utilize the inline drops to both lock and unlock the ball. Plus there is two sets of them! Sometimes old stuff is cool too!
    Honorable mentions are the rotating ship (the Deez) in Waterworld and the ramp/Orion lock on Transporter the Rescue.

I don’t think I’ve played a Fathom. This sounds similar to how TNA does its locks. Those are pretty cool especially since you can so clearly see the ball

#54 4 years ago

The Shadow
    Aerosmith
    WOZ (Flying Monkey)
    Judge Dredd (with Dead World mod) - with this title maybe it's more about how the balls are displayed then how they are actually locked...
    MET Premium

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sammy31:

The Shadow
    Aerosmith
    WOZ (Flying Monkey)
    Judge Dredd (with Dead World mod) - with this title maybe it's more about how the balls are displayed then how they are actually locked...
    MET Premium

Good call on JD, I agree it is one of the best.

#56 4 years ago

WOZ monkey lock is incredible...

Indy 500 super charger lock is definitely unique. Nothing else like it. Innovative!

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

WOZ monkey lock is incredible...
    I500 super charger lock is definitely unique. Nothing else like it. Innovative!

A lot of people seem to like the monkey lock, and I liked it too... Even though I was having a really good game and the monkey stole my freaking ball and wouldn't give it back.
    Yep, ball got stuck and no operator to tell to get it unstuck for me. A bit bummer that yellow brick road got rid of something many people like, but maybe they want it to be more of a route or location machine.

And I'm glad someone mentioned waterworld. I know some people dump on Gottliebs of the mid 80s to the mid 90s when they went under. But, I enjoyed playing that game. And I thought that ball lock/ship was a really cool mech. I had fun playing the game. Didn't do so well on it, but I played 3 games on it against my Pops and we enjoyed our time on it.

I really want a Judge Dredd one day though. Love the comic. Love one of the movies, and love the Anthrax song which is how I discovered the comic.

#58 4 years ago

I agree with the WOZ monkey lock, it's cool.

I would also like to mention TSPP for its use of locks. I mean, it has the couch lock, which is pretty cool.

But during alien invasion, this game becomes a frantic rush of ball locking awesomeness.

The TV, garage, Itchy and scratchy hole, and Otto shot all become locks, in addition to the couch.

It's a brilliant mode, and I can say that I've never wanted to lock balls in any other game as much as I have during that mode.

I guess this post is more about the mode than the locks themselves but still wanted to mention it because it's a blast.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

Flight 2000, coolest ball lock and multiball launch.

than we have to also consider TRANSPORTER THE RESCUE

#60 4 years ago

Can't believe no one mentioned the gobstopper in Willy Wonka. What I like about that one is its a simple idea, but really, really cool, and I don't know if its ever been done before.
    Two parts to it, the unlocking of it and getting the gobble hole open(yes, not a real gobble hole as you get the ball back), and then the actual shooting the hole and getting the ball. Fits the theme and looks cool.

2 months later
    #61 4 years ago

Nascar is actually pretty cool - 2 balls are held in the lock lane, the 3rd then loads into the hidden ramp kicker behind the truck/backboard. As multiball countdown/sequence starts 1 ball is released into the outer magnet race track, then the 2nd is released onto the playfield and the 3rd is kicked out. Its a great start sequence !

#62 4 years ago

MET hammer

LOVE it!

#63 4 years ago

Haven't seen Cosmic Cart Racing mentioned yet.

2 months later
    #65 3 years ago
    Quoted from bean_:

Haven't seen Cosmic Cart Racing mentioned yet.

My first time seeing this lock. That's pretty bad-ass!

#66 3 years ago

Met hammer and deadpool Katana top 2. Deadpool lil deadpool 3rd.

#67 3 years ago

Robot Lock in TZ , and if you get the Fast Lock mode , you’ll hear call outs from other Lawlor games

#68 3 years ago

Alien for the win!!

#69 3 years ago

Ghostbusters is cool because it such an immersive game if you are into the theme experience as you are doing some real ghost busting making those locks. Drive ecto-1 through some right and lefts ending up with a great tall left ramp shot that leads to Subway entrance ramp drop to the storage facility. ‘Light is green, Trap is clean”. This is thrilling! The ghost escaping during storage facility multiball is also well executed and immersive with great lights and sound. You will feel good about making the ball locks and also the fun multiball reward.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from HC2016:

Robot Lock in TZ , and if you get the Fast Lock mode , you’ll hear call outs from other Lawlor games

Very satisfying shot - similar feel to thunking it into the Vault on TAF

#71 3 years ago

Metallica Hammer cool, wish Maiden had a cooler feature like this one as game should have shot through the back like LOTR game.

#72 3 years ago

I wouldn't call it the best but I've come to enjoy the Batman 66 lock.

Also Vengeance multi-ball on Star Trek with the magnet is fun.

#73 3 years ago

Wow no one mentioned last action crane. Man it was a really big deal at the time. And still is awesome

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-or-coolest-ball-locks-in-pinball/page/2?hl=goodomens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.