12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I am looking for an interesting vacation spot to go to this coming march break and I've decided it must be somewhere with pinball. I've been looking around at the various pinball museums and was wondering if you guys could answer some questions as well as tell me which museum you think is best.

Now onto the questions:

1. The National Pinball Museum in Baltimore supposedly has 14000 sq ft and 900 machines, but the list of games for play on their website appears to be a paltry 20 or so games. What gives? Has the owner of this HUGE 14000 sq ft, 4 floor, 900 machine, museum really limited the number of playable machines to just about 20! Please tell me this isn't true, because if so, I cannot imagine a bigger ripoff.

2. What are the prices to play at the Las Vegas Pinball Hall Of Fame?

3. Which of the various museums has the largest selection of PLAYABLE machines?

4. Which of the various museums is the nicest in atmosphere, cleanliness, etc.

5. Which of the various museums do YOU think is the best.

#2 12 years ago

Museum has history and diagrams and machines. PHOF is vegas is more an arcade than a museum.

Been there many times and all the machines seem to work very well and he has a ton.
    Have not been to others so a far as an arcade the PHOF in vegas is the best. Normall prices coins only.

#3 12 years ago

PHOF is my vote.
    No cover, no inflated prices, fairly quiet in the daytime, good selection of pins. (I'd bring my torpedo level and a wrench with me though... )
    I have been to the D.C. museum but not the new Baltimore location. As a museum it is okay, but if you want to play a variety of machines (cheaper) I would say go elsewhere. I could get at least three days of play at the PHOF compared to four or five hours at NPM.

You also have these events going on throughout March...

Ohio Pinball & Gameroom Festival, March 9-10, 2012
    Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Texas Pinball Festival, March 23-25, 2012
    Grapevine, TX

Midwest Gaming Classic, March 24-25, 2012

Brookfield, WI

Pinburgh 2012, March 30-Apr. 1, 2012

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 12 years ago

+1 Can't wait til September...

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Can't wait til September...

Why wait until then?
    There are so many good shows coming up kwiKi!
    If you haven't been to CAX yet I suggest you get going on making arrangements to do so, it will blow your mind!

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Why wait until then?
    There are so many good shows coming up kwiKi!
    If you haven't been to CAX yet I suggest you get going on making arrangements to do so, it will blow your mind!

I'm going to Vegas for my 21st which will be in September. I have had some thoughts about going to CAX and Pin-a-go-go but I hope I can make at least one of them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-of-the-pinball-museums?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.