3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ChipScott
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210118-161829_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Every so often the topic of best glass cleaner gets brought up and everyone has their favorites. Being a car detailing afficianado I've tried a lot....and I mean A LOT. The dirty little secret about glass cleaners that most people don't realize, however, is that most are nothing more than IPA and distilled water, maybe a couple drops of something extra that doesn't do much, or a foaming agent, or things of that sort. Most ammonia free glass cleaner is basically IPA and water at its core. Don't believe me? Look up the SDS sheets.

Yes you can save a lot of money making your own. However, I've recently found a glass cleaning product that truly impressed me and that's really saying something when talking about glass cleaners. What's more, it comes from a very unlikely source, and its DIRT CHEAP.

ARMOR ALL glass cleaner. Wow! I would not expect something this good from a company like armor all. If you didn't realize, armor all is pretty well known in the detailing world for offering bottom shelf quality and options for supplies... but this stuff is great!

Truly steak free. I haven't seen a glass cleaner flash off so effortlessly before. It also does a great job cutting through the grime. This stuff blows away things like invisible glass, windex, even sprayaway and others. The only thing that comes close is using a rineless wash solution as a glass cleaner, but that's a topic for another day.

The best part? You can buy a big 22oz bottle on amazon for less than 3 dollars shipped! Just an outstanding value (assuming you have amazon prime)! I'm sure this is availible at most stores as well.

I just wanted to pass this along to all of you. Stop using overpriced glass cleaners! Give this stuff a try!

Screenshot_20210118-161829_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210118-161829_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Cool, I'll give it a try. Went ahead and ordered a bottle to try it out. Thanks for the tip!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-glass-cleaner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.