Flipper Corsair (7) (Copy) (resized).jpg
Flipper Corsair (8) (Copy) (resized).jpg
Flipper Corsair (6) (Copy) (resized).jpg
Flipper Corsair (5) (Copy) (resized).jpg
Flipper Corsair (4) (Copy) (resized).jpg
Flipper Corsair (3) (Copy) (resized).jpg
Flipper Corsair (1) (Copy) (resized).jpg
Flipper Corsair (2) (Copy) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider corsairflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hello, i have a old pinball from my neighbour, and is called The Best Corsair, its not working, lights turn on and says TILT, but it never start to set the score counter and put a ball into play as it was normally doing.

How it passed to this point of permanent TILT:

First the score counter was giving too much high points from before or how it was originally (highest score signed by someone was 1 million, but now with some few shots you reach it in less than 1 ball game) And with 3 balls you can go over 9 million etc... (too much easy, score counter ). We played like that for like 1 year.

Months later sometimes to start it the Tilt show up and have to reset the pinball to make it restart normally.

Then was not used for like another year and now if try to start it, the Tilt appear and cannot do anything.

If any suggestion, i attached some photos (unfortunally was dark and so they are not so bright or at focus). I further go to update when i go to make some other checks with proper light.

ps. don't bother the photo with the TILT pendulum closing contact, i moved the pinball on a not even surface near to light to make the photos.

Thanks

Flipper Corsair (1) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (1) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (10) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (10) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (11) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (11) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (12) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (12) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (13) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (13) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (14) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (14) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (15) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (15) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (2) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (2) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (3) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (3) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (4) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (4) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (5) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (5) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (6) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (6) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (7) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (7) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (8) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (8) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (9) (Copy) (resized).jpgFlipper Corsair (9) (Copy) (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago

Hello, i check those sites and unfortunally i can't find any datasheet schematic of the pinball, i was looking a video on youtube of a similar pinball repair of the same years tech, i will make some basic checks and let know any problem or solution i will find.
I will start from the main button.
A question, about oxide, its OK if I spray almost everything in the circuits and then obviously wait almost some hours to let dry, it will help maybe to fix some minor oxide contact problems? I go with a shower spray for first and see then what happen.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Do not spray anything on the circuits! Read thru Clay's famous guide for a number of hints: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1
Here is an owner's list. Check and see if someone has a schematic: https://www.ipdb.org/redirect.pl?http://www.tilt.it/flipper_pinball/owners-list/manufacturers/europlay-rmg/the-best-corsair/

Was near to the shower tomorrow : ), good to know, high voltage and silver doesnt need that, i look at that pinrepair, great site, very well written, seem it explain that is understandable, i take a look tomorrow is interesting see how works all that stuff in detail.

For the schematic i think is "far sea" at the moment to find one, but i update as soon i open it like a trunk, make elementar checks and better photos.
Thanks for now

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider corsairflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-corsair-pinball-repair?tu=corsairflipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.