(Topic ID: 264888)

The best company to purchase a muticade machine?

By Ockeyhead

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by gjm
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200326_081933633 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200326_081817808 (resized).jpg
    20180803_145047 (resized).jpg
    20180803_145034 (resized).jpg
    20180803_145056 (resized).jpg
    224ecffd447e09fc5c5b6e809e02fcb9078788ba.jpeg (resized).jpg
    16FB8E0E-D8C3-450C-86EA-7DA22FAF15F7 (resized).jpeg
    0F17BFB7-251E-47A1-8814-EA7436011119 (resized).jpeg
    002 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ockeyhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Though we already have a multicade, my wife & I are looking for a machine w/ all the bells & whistles. A multicade that has virtually every title produced that is equiped w/ a light gun, spinner controls, etc.

At this time we are leaning towards a company that customizes these machines > extremehomearcade.com. The only downside is ~ that there is a six month+ waiting period to receive a machine.

As stated, we do have a multicade that is a 2500 in 1. Very fun, but looking to purchase the best. So who do you recommend & why?

Here is a picture of our 2500 in 1 >>>

002 (resized).JPG002 (resized).JPG
    #6 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I would go get an old Ultracade or Arcade Legends. Quality parts, not 2500 games, but the classics and well laid out menu. Having done many of these by hand I find that while the number of games is held out as the success metric, you really won’t play most, and they clutter the ones you do want to play. Most standard renditions of newer built multicades use a Hyperspin front end that in heavy use seems to crash more often than not.

Definitely looking for a machine that has the majority of every arcade game released. For us the more the better, though you're right ~ simple is sometimes better.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

If you find a good 4 player one, let me know. I’ve been bouncing back and forth for a while now on what to do.

Check out extremearcade.com on You Tube. The game selection is endless + there is a variety of options including four player controls w/ LEDs + anything control wise.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Ultracade and Arcade Legends were well made, but aren't those basically time bombs now? Old PCs with hard drives overdue to croak? I owned one about ten years ago and was very pleased with it.

We are absolutely pleased w/ our 2500 in 1 but after viewing the extreme/arcade videos, there is another alternative that offers everything arcade related. We are looking for other options that might offer a similar arcade experience. The only discouraging issue w/ extremearcade.com is the six & some waiting time to receive the machine. I'm sure it's well worth it ~ but I'm impatient.

#10 4 years ago

Thanks for the correction, my bad.

Is https://extremehomearcades.com/hom.aspx the only company that offers this customized arcade experience? We are simply looking for similar alternatives if there is any? There are many You Tube videos for anyone who wants to check it out, but there doesn't seem to be another company that offers this unique experience?

#14 4 years ago

Great, we will definitely be looking into all of the above mentioned just to be sure on a final decision. I'm sure there are many great possibilities but we absolutely want a customized multicade w/ virtually everything. We just don't want to wait six months + but if this is the only avenue then we will follow through.

If there are any other suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ockeyhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-company-to-purchase-a-muticade-machine?tu=Ockeyhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.