Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RyThom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Dr WHO The Best 3 shot combo”

• Yes 7 votes
      14%
    • No 44 votes
      86%

(51 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 12 years ago

Does Dr Who have the best 3 shot combo in the spelling of w h o??? I say yes and a huge yes when that SONIC BOOM comes at the end of one!! Just feels so good completing these shots!

So im asking do you agree...'yes' or if ..'no'..what is your fav 3 shot combo??

#2 12 years ago

Air raid siren combo in Whirlwind trumps all!

#3 12 years ago

Favorite 2 shot is Spine Chiller to Insanity Falls. Never played DW though.

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Favorite 2 shot is Spine Chiller to Insanity Falls. Never played DW though.

+1

#5 12 years ago

I've never played Dr Who, but the three shot and four shot combo on TAF is my all time favorite.

#6 12 years ago

Five shot in TSPP....supposedly a 6 and 7 shot, but I've never found it. Old school, the Picard move on ST:TNG was a good combo as was Alpha, Gamma and Delta ramp combo.

#7 12 years ago

Dirty Harry, Ultra ricochet ! 5 hard shots 3 shots not sure, TAF ?

Jim

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

TAF is my favorite.

The 4 way on TAF is really good

Jim

#10 12 years ago

The best 3 way on any machine is on Roadshow. The left ramp bridge out, then the right ramp bridge out through the pops and around the back to the left mini flipper which shoots into the blast zone. Still gets me every time.

Saying that, been playing a lot of my SM recently, wow that machine is incredible for combo's

#11 12 years ago

Not saying it's the best, but when you get the ABC combo on T3, "Pull the Trigger" is like a icing on the cake. Alot of times, I can't collect the Quick Draw reward, because there is just too much going on.

#12 12 years ago

Maybe not an all-time great, but I like the 1-2-3 combo on Dr Dude.

#14 12 years ago

I like 5 way combo on Tommy - not an easy one to achieve - you can get instant multiball

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

I like 5 way combo on Tommy - not an easy one to achieve ...

What is the 5-way combo on Tommy? I've done a 4-way combo a handful of times, but it was purely by accident. I honestly have no idea what the shot sequence is.

#16 12 years ago

3 way combos, 4 way combos, even 5 way combos pale to the elusive 7 way combo of The Shadow.

That's right 7. Last time I checked 7>3

And no, I've never even have gotten close.

#17 12 years ago

TS for me. Mongol skill shot to outside for 30 million to Shadow loop over and over. Or the 4 shot combo of all four of the Shadow rings. Hitting the Shadow rings REALLY feels like you are in a zone. 5 way combo is the best I have gotten.

#18 12 years ago

One of my favs. NGG, Left Orbit-Left Ramp-Hole in One!!

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

I agree. Its a hard one to get too.

#20 12 years ago

Five way combo on Tommy is [ Left Ramp - Right orbit - Right ramp - Mystery Shot - Mirror]

#21 12 years ago

hell i can never usually hit that many in a row so who knows

#22 12 years ago

No votes for 5 way combo on AFM?

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Five shot in TSPP....supposedly a 6 and 7 shot, but I've never found it.

+2 Easily my favorite.

1 year later
    #24 10 years ago

My Wrath of Olympus pinball machine has a 9 way combo all with unique shots... Check out the thread!

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from roadshow16:

The best 3 way on any machine is on roadshow. The left ramp bridge out, then the right ramp bridge out through the pops and around the back to the left mini flipper which shoots into the blast zone. Still gets me every time.
    Saying that, been playing a lot of my SM recently, wow that machine is incredible for combo's

+1 - that's the combo!

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Agree! +1

#27 10 years ago

During AFM multiball (to finish the mode), left ramp, to right ramp, to left orbit for the super jackpot. That is a very rewarding sequence.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

Or the 4 shot combo of all four of The Shadow rings. Hitting The Shadow rings REALLY feels like you are in a zone.

Hands down this is the best. Not only does it feel good to hit the combos in TS, but you have to use more than just the flippers. You have to keep swapping the diverters the right direction to keep the ball flowing. LOVE IT!

#29 10 years ago

Dr W-H-O combo is smooth

#30 10 years ago

"Air Raid" combo shot in Whirlwind is among the hardest.

Its low on points but the air raid siren you hear is pretty sweet.

#31 10 years ago

If I could ever complete the 5 way combo on Stargate I would imagine it would be pretty satisfying........ that said I like the Picard maneuver a lot on STTNG.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Five shot in TSPP....supposedly a 6 and 7 shot, but I've never found it.

News to me!

Quoted from TaylorVA:

TAF is my favorite.

TAF's feel really good to me too. It incorporates a different flipper with each shot (well I guess you could backhand the ramp) and different positions on the flipper with each shot. Dr. Who falls short for me personally because it feels like they're all tip shots. It's not a bad combo, just not better than either of TAF's 3-ways.

And yes, Shadow 7-way is probably one of the hardest to achieve. I did a 6 once, which was all 4 ramps then left orbit-center loop. Working in that extra right orbit shot is definitely not trivial... Your best bet is probably to start with the right orbit then loop passing and doing the other 6. Otherwise at some point you're flailing the right orbit up the right ramp, and good luck with that.

Quoted from RobT:

No votes for 5 way combo on AFM?

That's stringing shots together, not really a set sequence. Even though it's similar, it just not quite the same. I prefer the set sequence, even though I have written rules like AFM's (WPT and LOTR).

True story: at one point in time I was going to add a rule to LOTR that started by making the Shire (mystery) target into the VUK called Gimli's Challenge. It was going to give you one shot, and if you made it, light another, etc. up to a 6-way combo, which if you completed, lit extra ball. There's probably even dot support for the rule, but I just never got around to it; the game didn't really feel like it needed it.

#33 10 years ago

I'm going to be contrary and vote for the skyway -> loop -> ramp combo on Black Knight 2000. BK2K after all had the very first scored combo, the skyway-loop combo.

#34 10 years ago

Gimli's Challenge sounds super cool! Thanks for sharing that, Keefer!

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from roadshow16:

The best 3 way on any machine is on roadshow. The left ramp bridge out, then the right ramp bridge out through the pops and around the back to the left mini flipper which shoots into the blast zone. Still gets me every time.

+1

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from roadshow16:

Owning both (WW), I have to agree RS's 3 way combo is a blast ...

5 months later
    #37 10 years ago

Three way combo on TZ is great. Ramp - Ramp - Piano then collect your 10 million points.

#38 10 years ago

Corvette has many scoring combos too, add to your end of ball bonus as tracks.

#39 10 years ago

for 3 way combo only I like TZ and WW. If going for higher combo numbers my opinion greatly changes.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Corvette has many scoring combos too, add to your end of ball bonus as tracks.

#41 10 years ago

Gladiators has one of the most satisfying combo systems in all of pinball. There's tons of ways to keep it going between the two "playfields", the ramps, and the horseshoe shot.

#42 10 years ago

Whirlwind is pretty great, and very hard to complete. The reward is nice, too.

I don't think you get extra points for doing it, but Radical! has a cool combo going from right flip to vert ramp, left flip to right orbit, and left upper flipper to bust-a-move ramp.

You could probably piece together some ultimate combo like

1) right flipper to left orbit to
    2) right upper flipper to left ramp to
    3) right flipper to vert ramp to
    4) left flipper to left orbit to
    5) left upper flipper to bust-a-move

without the ball ever stopping.

#43 10 years ago

Demo Man - to start the game

1 - Upper left flipper to underground
    2 - Roll over right inlane to light lock freeze to left ramp
    3 - Roll over left inlane to light claw to right ramp - select lock freeze to start multiball in 3 shots. Very Nice!

Also has a bunch of other combos all over the game

#44 10 years ago

If you like the whirlwind combo, there's a combo the exact reverse of that in Corvette. Right orbit, cornering loop, skid pad ramp.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from LEE400:

Three way combo on TZ is great. Ramp - Ramp - Piano then collect your 10 million points.

TZ is my vote as well.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

I'm going to be contrary and vote for the skyway -> loop -> ramp combo on Black Knight 2000. BK2K after all had the very first scored combo, the skyway-loop combo.

Dude, I LOVE how much you love Black Knight 2000!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-3-shot-combo-in-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.